Start by marking “Murder in Greenwich” as Want to Read:
Murder in Greenwich

Murder in Greenwich

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  4,969 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
The night of October 30, 1975, fifteen-year-old Martha Moxley was bludgeoned and stabbed with a golf club on the grounds of her family's Greenwich home. The golf club that killed Martha came from the house of Thomas and Michael Skakel, two boys who had been with Martha the night she died. Wealthy and prominent in their own right, the Skakels were related to the Kennedys, a ...more
Audio, Abridged, 0 pages
Published May 5th 1998 by HarperAudio (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Murder in Greenwich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder in Greenwich

Kelly
Oct 02, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
On the night of October 30, 1975, Martha Moxley was beaten to death with a golf club on the grounds of her family's estate. Blonde, pretty, happy, and wholesome, Martha was just 15 years old when she was killed. Several suspects were focused upon, but the whole investigation was screwed up, and then covered up, from the get-go. The neighborhood where the Moxleys lived was extremely wealthy; their neighbors were in fact the Skakels, who are of relation to the Kennedys. And as we are all too well ...more
Rebecca
Feb 03, 2009 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
mark fuhrman rules.
Dennis Littrell
Fuhrman, Mark. Murder in Greenwich (1998)***
Exorcizing daemons

Fuhrman gets to exorcize some daemons here while playing judge and jury. He convicts Michael Skakel of the 1975 murder of Martha Moxley, and that's good since there's little doubt the sick little rich boy did it. Fuhrman also takes the Greenwich police to task for bungling the investigation and for being afraid to go after anyone in the rich and politically powerful Skakel family. He calls them "servants of the rich," but of course th
Debbie Lisman
Apr 14, 2011 Debbie Lisman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book! This is the story of the brutal murder of Martha Moxley in 1975 outside her home in Greenwich Conneticut when she was only 15. She was blungeoned to death with a golf club in an affluent gated community and found under a pine tree in her own yead. This is a fascinating analogy of who the murderer was. Fuhrman is no doubt right on target with this book.
Margaret
I found this book more interesting than I thought it would be. I had heard about this murder via TV at one point. The author is Mark Fuhrman, who was the detective in the O.J. Simpson case, retired from the LAPD and now lives in Idaho. In this book he details the inept handling of the Martha Moxley murder, which occurred in 1975, by the Greenwich, CT police. It is an interesting study of what happened in the case when the combinations of a naïve police force, botched investigation procedures and ...more
Kelly
Jan 13, 2008 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story itself is interesting, but Fuhrman's writing style is amateurish and smug.
Barbara
Dominick Dunne wrote a juicy fictionalization of the Martha Moxley murder. I got interested in the case and found this book by Mark Fuhrman written in 1998. Based on his analysis he determined that Michael Skakel probably committed the murder. In 2003 M. Skakel was convicted. The rumors of police being paid off by a wealthy family is disturbing. The death of Martha is heartbreaking. I shouldn't read true crime books I get too upset.
Marla
Dec 27, 2008 Marla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a true story about a fifteen year old girl murdered in a rich neighborhood. It explores the case,clues, and suspects. The case was not solved for twenty years or more. The lesson is you may not always know the people you see and talk to every day.
Cheryl
Oct 12, 2016 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book hard to put down.
Valerie Carpenter parzyck
I liked this book, it was just WAY TOO LONG. Too many details, I felt, were unnecessary. Kudos, however, to the author for his persistence in this case and coming up with a theory that seems extremely plausible. I'd love to see a new edition with a recent addendum as this edition is from 1998.
Gos
Jun 03, 2012 Gos rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Shoutout to Mark Fuhrman for his dedication on somehow helping solve the case of a 15-year old girl, Martha Moxley, who was heartlessly murdered and for all his bravery and effort that he put into making this very book!

In this novel, he showed no sign of fear as he delivered his concise yet articulate observations and findings regarding the case; being an expert investigator and a former homicide detective that he was.

What I admire most was his bravery and how he held firmly to his beliefs desp
Joanne
Jun 11, 2008 Joanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a follow up to fiction reading A Season in Purgatory (Dominick Dunne) this books deals with the facts surrounding the 1975 Martha Moxley murder and was written from a people and police detective prespective. Fuhrman makes it clear that the Greenwich police 1. did not know how to conduct and process and crime scene in addition to 2. maybe bypassing things because of who the Skakals were. Money and it's power is a common theme between the two books. This story wasn't actually pleasure reading, ...more
Katie
Feb 20, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
this is about my grandmother's cousin's daughter. i've been meaning to read this for years.

this book is amazing! it is all true and extremely interesting to read. i didn't want to put it down. Fuhrman did an excellent job and maybe i'll look into some of his other books some day (like the OJ Simpson one). CSI work, detective work, homicide work is a special skill that has to be taken seriously and followed to the letter so that a killer can be brought to justice.

E. Allen
I liked this very intriguing book. Murder in Greenwich is a true life crime story about the 1975 Greenwich Connecticut murder of Martha Moxley. The book went into detail of the night before the 15-year-old's body was discovered bludgeoned to death in her own yard. It also talked about the suspects involved and why the case remained unsolved for so many years.
The book points to Michael Skakel, Moxley's neighbor and nephew to Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, as the actual murderer.
Jillian
Sep 20, 2012 Jillian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime, 2012
I feel as though this book could've been shorter. Mark Fuhrman, obviously was a cop/detective, not an author. He writes like a cop, which is fine, unless you have to read 400 pages like that. He repeats himself a lot (a cop tactic), and honestly I got tired of hearing some of the same things over and over. The story itself is interesting, and really opens your eyes to how some LE agencies will help to cover the tracks of the famous or wealthy.
Carol
Apr 10, 2016 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a long time ago and now that I am starting Murder in Brentwood I remembered that I had read it and found it to be very interesting. I believe the Martha Moxley story is still in the news and a tv movie was made about it. The real interest seems to be that a member of the Kennedy family is presumed to be the killer, but the sad and most important aspect is that a young girl was murdered.
Lisa Keating
Mar 20, 2015 Lisa Keating rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. I remember Fuhrman from the O.J. trial, and he was a total a**, with that being said he is a much better author then police officer. This book was easy to read and told a lot about Martha and her family. It is also a good look at the fact that crime has always happened, it is just now you hear about everything via television, computer, laptop, tablet, phone, etc. then you did at the time of this crime.
Heather
Nov 18, 2012 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime
I liked this book. The timeline gets a little confusing at some points, and the author repeats some events in different portions of the book. There is a timeline at the end of the book, I am such a chronological person, I would have used it throughout the reading if I had realized it was back there. He solves the crime at the end of the book, and I looked it up on the internet, and sure enough... the bad guy goes to jail. I also watched the movie afterwards.
Sabrina (UnderseaBooktuber)
To be honest I really liked this book I could not put it down, it wasn't a conventional murder mystery novel it was just a bunch of facts and speculation about who killed Martha. I've seen the lifetime movie and know who did kill her but it was still interesting to read in depth about all the people involved. Good book :)
Steven
A well done account of the murder of Martha Moxely in Greenwich, CT, and the poor investigative job done by the local police. Fuhrman provides good explanation on the general principles of how an investigation should be conducted. He also provides some information that suggests someone interfered with the evidence--there may have been a cover up.
Apriljane Petersen
Great book...interesting. Since I first started reading it just didn't want to stop reading. Day and night would keep reading and it only took me about 3 days to finish the entire book. Great book would recommended it too anyone.
Elaine
Mar 12, 2016 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the book that gave rise to the Connecticut Grand Jury investigation of the murder of 15 year old Martha Moxley, who was bludgeoned with a golf club on the grounds of her family's exclusive Greenwich CT estate on Oct. 30, 1975.
Anne Taddey
Aug 09, 2016 Anne Taddey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had already read Fuhrman's book on the OJ trial, so was curious about this book he wrote later. It was neat to hear from a (former) cop about stages of an investigation. Only 4 stars because the end was kinda dragging on and repetitive. But otherwise, good effort.
Mari
Mar 15, 2010 Mari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always abeen curious about this mystery. I really like the approach the author took in laying out the case and bring his reader to his conclusion. It was great. I plan on reading the other books he has written.
Mary Brock
Aug 22, 2013 Mary Brock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why did Michael sakael killed martha Moxley for and I was only 6 months old when she got murdered and now I am 39 years old I love to read it I got the movie it won't let me read it plz let me know how to read it on here
Erin Lane
I first learned about this crime from the TV show, "Unsolved Mysteries". I had to read the book and I am glad I did. The book gave much more insight into this blotched investigation. Great true crime book!
Naomi
Aug 26, 2010 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All I can say about this book is "yet another Kennedy getting away with the murder of a beautiful young woman..." Hmmmm, who would have thunk it?
Joann
I read this years ago and just couldn't get into the book. I found it boring and true murder books are ones I like to read now and then.
Juan
Apr 27, 2015 Juan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like "Night Stalker" seemed to be overly long and contained a bunch I details that only suit someone very interested in the case.
Melissa
I learned a lot more about this case, the things that were lst ecspecially the bloddy fingerprint on the gate. I'm just more amazed off how this man got away with these murders!!!!
  • Perfect Murder, Perfect Town: The Uncensored Story of the JonBenet Murder and the Grand Jury's Search for the Truth
  • Tears of Rage: From Grieving Father to Crusader for Justice: The Untold Story of the Adam Walsh Case
  • Bitter Blood: A True Story of Southern Family Pride, Madness, and Multiple Murder
  • The Hillside Stranglers
  • Deadly Innocence
  • Raging Heart
  • The Search for the Green River Killer
  • Blind Faith
  • The Riverman: Ted Bundy and I Hunt for the Green River Killer
  • The Darkest Night: The Murder of Innocence in a Small Town
  • A Fever in the Heart and Other True Cases (Crime Files, #3)
  • Cruel Sacrifice
  • Abandoned Prayers: The Incredible True Story of Murder, Obsession and Amish Secrets
  • Because You Loved Me
  • O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It
  • A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation
  • Lethal Marriage: The Unspeakable Crimes of Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka
  • Invisible Darkness
Former LAPD detective, true crime writer and talk radio host.

He is primarily known for his part in the investigation of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman and his subsequent felony conviction for perjury.
More about Mark Fuhrman...