Start by marking “Hellsing, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Hellsing, Volume 3

Hellsing, Volume 3 (Hellsing #3)

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,065 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
It's a siege! What's left of the Hellsing crew and their new team of hired bodyguards have traveled to South America to investigate the Millennium threat. While they crossed the border, parties unknown pulled some strings branding them as terrorists and matching a small country's power structure against the ultimate undead! Join them in a battle of blood, guts, ghouls, gor ...more
Published June 15th 2004 by Turtleback Books (first published December 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Hellsing, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hellsing, Volume 3

Loremar
Jan 19, 2016 Loremar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En este tomo , la acción y las peleas de Alucard no tienen lugar en Inglaterra , donde suele pasar ,sino en otro escenario , en Sudamerica .
Me encanto mucho este tomo también ya que descubrimos más del plan de Millenium , además de que aparecen dos nuevos personajes : un chico y una chica , el primero es un gran tirador con la pistola y la chica es una experta manejando la Katana . Son asesinos del Vaticano .

El final del tomo fue como ¿ que pasara , cual sera el resultado de la pelea de Alucar
Conina
Apr 20, 2016 Conina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Wow, now that was a hell of an adventure! I was 100% sure I wouldn't give another 5 stars to any other "Hellsing" volume, and yet, here I am - doing it!
So.. Why I thought I wouldn't? I kind of grew tired of all the teared and flying around human limbs. Also, Alucard has a dying wish or something since he gets killed in almost (or) every battle he has engaged so far. The cop has a little appearance at all, and I wanted to see more of her to begin with.
BUT! It is good. Really good. The art is im
Nick
May 13, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Overall Rating:
Manga - A+
Original anime series - B
New anime series - A+

Summary: Hellsing is a manga series by Kouta Hirano. Hellsing chronicles the efforts of the mysterious and secret Royal Order of Protestant Knights, Hellsing, as it combats vampires, ghouls, and other supernatural foes who threaten the kingdom of England. The main character, Alucard (Dracula cleverly spelled backwards), is used to kill other supernatural creatures, and makes Seras Victoria (a cop he shoots to kill another va
Leila Anani
Another fun volume, with plenty of action, stylish artwork and cool, witty characters.

Victoria begins her training with a group of French mercinaries, she still refuses to drink human blood.

Alucard and Victoria head to South America to find out more about this mysterious Millennium. It’s a trap and there is a huge shoot out in which Alucard shows that he’s more than happy to massacre humans – wonderful scene of him impaling a load of te soldiers outside at the end, harping back to his heritage a
Jeff Lanter
This review will be short. The plot is just too thin in this series. The action is cool and the visuals are great, but there is just not enough to keep me reading and the story lacks cohesion and direction. At some point during this volume, I realized neither I nor the author knew where the story was going and it was time for me to find something else to read.
Lynn

Today's post is on Hellsing volume 3 by Kohta Hirano. It is 164 pages long and is published by Dark Horse. As it is the third in the series you need to have read the first two to understand the story. The cover has Alucard and Sir Hellsing on it. The intended reader likes vampire stories, over-the-top action, and very dry humor. There is language, no sex, and lots of violence this volume. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Vampire! Nazis! Bloodshed! Action! Add to that a healthy
Michelle☆Elizabeth
Seras provided several laughs in this one (it was funny to see a vampire running to the boss with complaints about other people instead of dealing with it herself etc), and just a solid volume overall.
Robert
Mar 24, 2014 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still cannot believe how quickly these read! I just finished this one in a little over an hour and it was still great! I did dock a star on this one because I had forgotten how much violence these tend to have and I am not a HUGE fan of that. The artwork is still great and such but this one was a bit tough to follow. I found myself having to re-read a few frames here and there to keep what was going on straight in my head.

The third volume DID however give me a lot of smiles and "oh shit" mome
Andrewcharles420
The Hellsing team heads to South America in search of the Nazi offshoot 'Millennium' group; Alucard encounters the Dandy.

Heavy handed with gratuitous violence, I am deciding to read faster and think about it less--on the plus side, I'm appreciating the style more. I'm not sure if I'm noticing improvement or if my ability to notice is improving--but the lines appear more fluid, and I like the sharp contrasts between (mainly) Alucard and his surroundings, especially when juxtaposed with The Dandy.
Justin Dornenburg
The things i liked about the book is that they made alucard fight against humans, not creatures and the humans reactions are crazy and they all run away. another thing i liked about it is that alucard hade orders to kill so hes not having mercy and picking them off one by one. I like how alucard is always show boating because he cant die its impossible to kill him. the only thing that got on my nerves is that he took a eazy on them. And i will continue reading this series.
Alexander Engel-Hodgkinson
So with most of Hellsing now broken up ALREADY, Alucard and Seras travel to South America with a band of French mercs to investigate Millennium. Along the way, they're branded as terrorists and are chased by the police and an experimental agent of Millennium known as Dandy. It's a lot more humorous in this volume and the artwork just keeps on improving with every passing volume. The action scenes are as fluid and fun to look at as ever.
Susan
Apr 09, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucas
Dec 08, 2014 Lucas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I let this series go after volume three. I picked it up in an initial bout of wild nostalgia, hoping for a satisfying monster/vampire comic but the England-by-way-of-Japan setting teetered crazily on the spindle, if I might say so. (Not in a good way.) High middle marks. Not my jam.
Travis
Start up of a new story line, as our two vampires/government agents/bad asses are sent to South America to deal with a secret nazi conspiracy.
Once they get there, the plot is nudged aside so we can have a massive fight scene/bloodbath that reminds me of the great, cheesy action films of my youth.

It ends with the two heroes seperated and on the run, while being hunted by the police, the nazis and a rival secret government agency.
Great series, that tries really hard to show us a cool, intricate pl
Anna Nesterovich
Dec 03, 2015 Anna Nesterovich rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
A complete mess in terms of history of religion and history per se, even messier than before. Half the pictures are meaningless and repetitive. And no diatoms.
Jesse Zellmer
Overall, this is a pretty decent manga series. While it may be shallow, rather typical, and pretty repetitive, there's enough well drawn art and over the top violence to keep the reader or an average manga fan such as myself occupied. Hellsing is a fairly original pretty ok thrill ride that grabs you by the hair and pulls you through a battlefield of guns, bullets, flying limbs and squirting blood, while you try to hang on and catch a glimpse of the plot here and there. A good series for manga, ...more
Dony Grayman
May 25, 2016 Dony Grayman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reedición argentina de 2015. Ahora con sobrecubiertas. Primer tomo de la serie en llevar el loguito rojo.
Gabrielle
Dec 11, 2014 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anime-manga, hellsing
No words are worthy of this series, it's brilliantly written, gorgeously drawn, and devilishly dark. I am definitely continuing with Hellsing all the way until the end.
Keith
Sep 16, 2014 Keith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lots of non stop action and vampirism. a good read to pass the time.
Franki
Mar 15, 2013 Franki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, horror
Alucard and Seras Victoria are forced to go proper badass as they are framed as terrorists on an overseas trip by Millenium. The enemies are finally revealed although we're having to wait to fond out their true plans. Iscariot may or may not be a help now the vampires have declared war on Millenium and anyone who tries to stop them- human, vampire or otherwise.

Nice touch to discover that Alucard isn't affected by sunlight- he just doesn't like it. Seriously, is this guy indestructible?!
Mal
Nov 07, 2013 Mal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hellsing is really easy to read through in, say, half hour. However it gets slightly confusing and the Nazi accents are hard for me to read on my head, I have to read them out loud to understand properly. I feel like it's something better suited to watch than to read, but I love how to the pint it is. Only ten volumes, something you can pick up and just ... It's really well drawn, really spot on, and Alucard is such a damn amazing character. It's brilliant.
Jinn Nelson
Oct 01, 2007 Jinn Nelson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a vampire fan. Consequently, I can't really say why I like this series eversomuch. I do know that I love the characters; they're fascinating and morbid and completely flawed. From a writer's perspective, it's hard to write a really flawed character who stays flawed through the story. But I digress. I don't recommend this to many people, but if you can handle morbidity, a lot of blood and good characters, give it a try.
Vitor Frazão
Sep 23, 2012 Vitor Frazão rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
São combates como os deste volume contra o Dandy Man, que mostram melhor que nada que Alucard é um monstro entre monstros. Sádico, sanguinário, cruel, com um entendimento profundo da natureza humana e estupidamente forte ao ponto de ser quase indestrutível, tudo aquilo que um vampiro a série deve ser.

A cena com os empalamentos é brilhante, cheia de subtexto.
Anna
This volume didn't feel as strong as the two before it, but I liked the build up of the plot here and I'm eager to see its climax. Super bloody, this one! And I always love seeing Alucard expand...it's also so very interesting to see how much he is truly a monster, not even a good guy...
Madkropotkin
This volume was too jumbled up for my tastes. The story was too chaotic and hard to really follow. The dialogue sometimes made no sense. I really hope the next volumes improve, because I really enjoyed the concept and the first volume.
Jason
I love Hellsing. Reading him is such a relief in this Twilight era of emotional vampires. Hellsing is so badass you can't help but to love him and wish that he was on your side when things in real life get sticky.
M
Jul 31, 2011 M rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Changing the setting to South America does not help matters for volume 3. Instead, the only thing that seems to increase is the number of bodies as the team investigates the mysterious Millenium.
Heaven
Apr 23, 2013 Heaven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Integera is harsh yet lovely, I was inlove when i first read the series and i am still in love now. The perfect book for fans of real vampires(not stupid sparkling ones) and Anime lovers alike.
Angel
Jul 23, 2007 Angel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manhwa-etc
The adventure continues. Also got borrowed this one from the public library.

See my note on it here:

[http://gypsylibrarian.blogspot.com/20...]
  • Trigun Maximum Volume 2: Death Blue
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Vol. 2 (Pet Shop of Horrors, #2)
  • Hideyuki Kikuchi's Vampire Hunter D, Volume 01
  • Cowboy Bebop, Vol. 3
  • Saiyuki, Vol. 3
  • Blood+, Vol. 05 (Blood+, #5)
  • Trinity Blood, Vol. 5
  • Berserk, Vol. 3
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 2
  • GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka, Vol. 3
Kohta Hirano (平野 耕太 Hirano Kōta) is a Japanese mangaka most famous for his manga Hellsing. Starting his career first as a mangaka's assistant (self-described as "horrible" and "lazy" in said assistant position), and later an H manga artist, he went on to enjoy somewhat limited success with other relatively unknown manga titles such as Angel Dust, Coyote, Gun Mania and Hi-Tension. His first major s ...more
More about Kohta Hirano...

Hellsing (10 books)
  • Hellsing, Vol. 01 (Hellsing, #1)
  • Hellsing, Vol. 02 (Hellsing, #2)
  • Hellsing, Vol. 04 (Hellsing, #4)
  • Hellsing, Vol. 05 (Hellsing, #5)
  • Hellsing, Vol. 06 (Hellsing, #6)
  • Hellsing, Vol. 07 (Hellsing, #7)
  • Hellsing, Vol. 08 (Hellsing, #8)
  • Hellsing, Vol. 09 (Hellsing, #9)
  • Hellsing, Vol. 10 (Hellsing, #10)