Start by marking “100 Wicked Witch Stories” as Want to Read:
100 Wicked Witch Stories

100 Wicked Witch Stories

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  15 reviews
What is it about witches that makes them so fascinating and so frightening at once?
Published October 1st 2001 by Barnes & Noble (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Wicked Witch Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Wicked Witch Stories

Nov 01, 2014 Skjam! rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: witch story fans
Recommended to Skjam! by: me
This was my Halloween season read this year, an anthology commissioned for the Barnes & Noble stores in 1995. There are indeed one hundred stories in this hefty tome, averaging about six pages. They are not all about wicked witches, however–some witches are good, some are just mischievous and others are hard to pin down on a moral spectrum.

The volume opens with “Gramma Grunt” by Donald L. Burleson, about a man returning to the streets of his youth and regretting joining in the taunting of an
If you are looking a for a positive book about witchcraft, that would include only about one story in eight of the ones in this book. But if you like tight, well-written short stories, the percentage goes way up.

This book reminded me why I used to enjoy reading anthologies so much in my younger days. The best of the stories are quite tasty, and the lesser lights are over quickly and on to the next one. Many of the stories revolve around poetic justice, or simply revenge. If you're old enough to
Steve Goble
I am still working my way through these mostly very short witch stories, but I am enjoying it enought to give it a thumbs up here. This is my Halloween season reading this year (I might add some other stuff, too). Basically, it's a wide mix of tales of witchcraft -- some scary, some funny, some grotesque, etc. A mixed bag, as most anthologies are, but fun stuff.
This is an excellent book full of stories of good, bad and mediocre witches. Some are creepy, some are funny but they're all worth reading. Especially if you're like me and love this stuff.
In a mix of urban fantasy and horror these are short shorts with an average of 6 pages per story some are longer and some are shorter. They're a good mix and I enjoyed most of them.
Stories were varied in quality. Its quite a think book, so best to take breaks and read something in between. Some promoted negative stereotypes.
So far a mix of some good and not so good stories. Good book to read a story or two in bed at night.
Like any collection of short stories, this one was hit-or-miss, but there are still a few gems.
Jen Steffens
Read a few stories...and they were good. I just want to let someone else have the book :)
May FLower
Very interesting, eclectic and sometimes disturbing collection of witch-themed short stories.
An enormous compilation of witchy stories, some good, some less so, but overall an enjoyable lot.
So far decent. Its good to read if you want a short story before bed.
Stephen Antczak
My story "The Good Witch of the North Wing" is in this book.
Some of the short stories are really creepy.
Jenna Gall
Some of the stories are good but not all
Jess added it
Nov 20, 2015
Eva Holmes
Eva Holmes marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Barry marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Susan Johnston
Susan Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Wiktoria Pacyga
Wiktoria Pacyga marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
  • Silver Scream
  • Dead Souls
  • Witches & Warlocks: Tales of Black Magic, Old & New
  • Fangs for the Mammaries
  • Under the Fang (The Horror Writers of America)
  • The Witch Of Prague & Other Stories