Start by marking “Broken Pieces” as Want to Read:
Broken Pieces

Broken Pieces

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Mariah Sayers survived a brutal attack as a teenager, and ran away out of fear. Sixteen years later she returns with her daughter to make peace with her past. Just as she feels she is rekindling old friendships and even an old flame, she receives some shocking news; a girl has been killed in her town. Now, Mariah will have to confront the unthinkable—and reclaim the broken ...more
Published September 2nd 2008 by Signet (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Pieces

Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Sep08

I have shivers running up and down my spine. I just finished “Broken Pieces” by Carla Cassidy and I really hope none of my stairs creak tonight or I’ll likely have a heart attack screaming my head off. If you like books that scare you and have you looking over your shoulder, this one will fit the bill.

Mariah’s childhood wasn’t that great. Her fire and brimstone father was a firm believer in ‘spare the rod and spoil the child’. So much so, that sh
Sherry
Carla Cassidy has created a story that has the reader’s attention at the very beginning. Mariah Sayers doesn’t seem like a heroine at the beginning, just a woman with a traumatic start in life, yet as the plot unfolds you realize that indeed she is, simply by doing, being constant and overcoming; indeed more than a heroine, she is a strong survivor. This is a good read for those who like myself, enjoy reading books where the universe seems to finally right itself for individuals who not only de ...more
Blackbook
I have a bunch half read books that I'm trying to finish up. Really glad I came back to this one. I am not always in the mood to want to read stories that have elements of sexual assault and healing past trauma. Not to mention teenage daughters, this is a topic I am always trying to get away from. This was a suspenseful, good read. I look forward to reading more of her work.
Jen_C
Pretty good book. The rape & abuse was brutal but not graphically described. I was a bit frustrated with the h at times but not too much. The H is not alpha but was a really good guy. I figured out who the rapist was about 1/3 of the way in but was not truly bothered by that because I was anxiously awaiting the confrontation when Mariah figured it out and there was enough tension with other things going on. Worth a read.
Jacqueline
Nicely done romantic suspense. The plot made sense and moved right along. The author kept me guessing about the bad guy. I did guess but mostly because I picked one of the suspects and just stuck with him. A nice balance of romance and suspense. I liked the strong heroine and the nice guy hero.
Mic Tov
Sep 04, 2011 Mic Tov rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I picked this up at one of the dollar stores for 1.50. It was well worth it. Everyone I have loaned out to thought it was a great read too. The story kept twisting. It kept you guessing right up to the end who the "bad guy" was. Loved the mother daughter relationship.
Great book. It was full of drama, intrigue, suspense, love, romance and friendship. A definite page turner that will keep you guessing till the end. Well written with a great writing style. Mariah and Dr Hot were just that HOT.
Carolina Perez
Jan 25, 2011 Carolina Perez rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anybody who loves mystery and suspense
Recommended to Carolina by: La'swanique Wesley
This book is definitley going down on one of my "treasure forever" books. It definitley has a lot of climax points and i am for sure that the end will be astonishing...I look forward to seeing who the killer is.
Mary Beth
Broken Pieces is very light reading. I have never read Carla Cassidy's work before, but it is very reminiscent in style to Mary Higgins Clark. A good mystery but a little heavy on the romance.
Pam
I never in a MILLION years expected the monster to be...........who it was! I was caught up in this book and read it in one day!!
Mom Taxi Julie
Just finished this book this morning. It felt like it took me forever to read but at the end I didn't want to put it down!
Hpitcher
i read this book in just hours of starting it and i adored it. i loved the entire idea and it shocked me and i loved it
Nicole
Carla Cassidy is an awesome author and I would recommend all of her books.
carla
another great story.. keeps you guessing right till the end.
Ashley Siekierke
Ashley Siekierke marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Tora
Tora marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Rae
Rae added it
Oct 17, 2014
Chantell Westcott
Chantell Westcott marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Allyson
Allyson marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Danger and Desire
  • Dangerous Embrace (Embrace, #1)
  • Slow Hands
  • In a Heartbeat
  • The Last Execution
  • After the Rain (The Callahans, #1)
  • Eternal Vigilance (Eternal Vigilance #1)
  • The Italian's Perfect Lover (An Italian Lovers Book)
  • Chocolate Aftertaste
  • Voracious
  • Spore
  • Mama's Shoes
  • Worth the Trip
  • Tigress by the Tail (Maxey Wizards, #1)
  • Petals and Thorns
  • Hot Pursuit
  • Seeking Vengeance
  • Moving Target
Cowboy with a Cause (Cowboy Cafe #3) Just Joe (Harlequin More Than Words) Paint It Red Are You Afraid? Without a Sound