Start by marking “Broken Pieces” as Want to Read:
Broken Pieces

Broken Pieces

Mariah Sayers survived a brutal attack as a teenager, and ran away out of fear. Sixteen years later she returns with her daughter to make peace with her past. Just as she feels she is rekindling old friendships and even an old flame, she receives some shocking news; a girl has been killed in her town. Now, Mariah will have to confront the unthinkable—and reclaim the broken ...more
Published September 2nd 2008 by Signet (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Pieces

Julie (jjmachshev)
Oct 02, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Sep08

I have shivers running up and down my spine. I just finished “Broken Pieces” by Carla Cassidy and I really hope none of my stairs creak tonight or I’ll likely have a heart attack screaming my head off. If you like books that scare you and have you looking over your shoulder, this one will fit the bill.

Mariah’s childhood wasn’t that great. Her fire and brimstone father was a firm believer in ‘spare the rod and spoil the child’. So much so, that sh
Sherry
Sep 24, 2008 Sherry rated it really liked it
Carla Cassidy has created a story that has the reader’s attention at the very beginning. Mariah Sayers doesn’t seem like a heroine at the beginning, just a woman with a traumatic start in life, yet as the plot unfolds you realize that indeed she is, simply by doing, being constant and overcoming; indeed more than a heroine, she is a strong survivor. This is a good read for those who like myself, enjoy reading books where the universe seems to finally right itself for individuals who not only de ...more
Blackbook
Oct 06, 2008 Blackbook rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
I have a bunch half read books that I'm trying to finish up. Really glad I came back to this one. I am not always in the mood to want to read stories that have elements of sexual assault and healing past trauma. Not to mention teenage daughters, this is a topic I am always trying to get away from. This was a suspenseful, good read. I look forward to reading more of her work.
Carolina Perez
Jan 25, 2011 Carolina Perez rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anybody who loves mystery and suspense
Recommended to Carolina by: La'swanique Wesley
This book is definitley going down on one of my "treasure forever" books. It definitley has a lot of climax points and i am for sure that the end will be astonishing...I look forward to seeing who the killer is.
Mic Tov
Sep 04, 2011 Mic Tov rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I picked this up at one of the dollar stores for 1.50. It was well worth it. Everyone I have loaned out to thought it was a great read too. The story kept twisting. It kept you guessing right up to the end who the "bad guy" was. Loved the mother daughter relationship.
Pam
Apr 16, 2012 Pam rated it it was amazing
I never in a MILLION years expected the monster to be...........who it was! I was caught up in this book and read it in one day!!
Jen_C
Pretty good book. The rape & abuse was brutal but not graphically described. I was a bit frustrated with the h at times but not too much. The H is not alpha but was a really good guy. I figured out who the rapist was about 1/3 of the way in but was not truly bothered by that because I was anxiously awaiting the confrontation when Mariah figured it out and there was enough tension with other things going on. Worth a read.
Christie
Apr 29, 2015 Christie rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best stories I've read in quite a while. It invoked many emotions and was an all out entertaining book. It was easy to figure out who the perpertrator was, but that didn't make the story any less enticing. The characters were strong and well written. This is a story I plan to reread again the future.
Jacqueline
Nicely done romantic suspense. The plot made sense and moved right along. The author kept me guessing about the bad guy. I did guess but mostly because I picked one of the suspects and just stuck with him. A nice balance of romance and suspense. I liked the strong heroine and the nice guy hero.
Jul 27, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Great book. It was full of drama, intrigue, suspense, love, romance and friendship. A definite page turner that will keep you guessing till the end. Well written with a great writing style. Mariah and Dr Hot were just that HOT.
Mary Beth
Dec 31, 2008 Mary Beth rated it liked it
Broken Pieces is very light reading. I have never read Carla Cassidy's work before, but it is very reminiscent in style to Mary Higgins Clark. A good mystery but a little heavy on the romance.
carla
Apr 12, 2009 carla rated it it was amazing
another great story.. keeps you guessing right till the end.
Mom Taxi Julie
Jun 11, 2009 Mom Taxi Julie rated it liked it
Just finished this book this morning. It felt like it took me forever to read but at the end I didn't want to put it down!
Hpitcher
i read this book in just hours of starting it and i adored it. i loved the entire idea and it shocked me and i loved it
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was ok
Nov 21, 2008
Tanya Simon
Tanya Simon rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2013
Rea
Rea rated it liked it
May 23, 2013
Samantha Sears
Samantha Sears rated it really liked it
May 12, 2014
Jojo
Jojo rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Karen Lee
Karen Lee rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Sharon Brown
Sharon Brown rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Rose Messina
Rose Messina rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2013
Dianne
Dianne rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2010
Danielle Suber
Danielle Suber rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Tammie
Tammie rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Lisa Richard
Lisa Richard rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2017
Butchered Barbie
Butchered Barbie rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2012
Tito Quiling, Jr.
Tito Quiling, Jr. rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2013
Joann
Joann rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Under the surface ( Love is not enough, #2 )
  • After the Rain (The Callahans, #1)
  • Dangerous Embrace (Embrace Series Book 1)
  • Because of Beckett (Torey Hope #2)
  • Running on Empty
  • Cooper Vengeance  (Cooper, #7)
  • Hot Date
  • The Twisted Road to You (Perfect, Indiana, #4)
  • Eternal Vigilance (Eternal Vigilance #1)
  • Ten Brides for Ten Hot Guys
  • Unsanctioned Memories (The Taylor Clan, #6)
  • Safe by His Side (Manhunt, #2)
  • Slow Hands
  • Tigress by the Tail (Maxey Wizards, #1)
  • Spore
  • Snowfall and Secrets (Omega Mu Alpha Brothers #1)
  • Destroy Me (Destroy 2)
  • Wish On the Moon (Finding Mr. Right, #8)