Start by marking “Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)” as Want to Read:
Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)

Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City #3)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  597 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Los Angeles. Once, it was the City of Angels. Now, it's Crimson City, whose inhabitants know nothing of Heaven. The tentative peace between the species --- werewolf, vampire, human --- teeters on the brink of collapse. Sides are being chosen. Yet the peril is greater than any imagine. There is a power here that longs for release, an ancient darkness held captive too long. ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 369 pages
Published October 1st 2005 by Love Spell (first published September 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Through a Crimson Veil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through a Crimson Veil

Corrine
I couldn't remember why I had Patti O'Shea's other books (In the Midnight Hour, In Twilight's Shadow) rated at three stars when I didn't remember anything bad about them, but I guess the fact that I just couldn't remember them at all beyond a vague recollection of the plot, is reason enough that they only rated three. This book was a little better, if only because I'm sure I'll remember at least the first half.

Mika Noguchi is a half-human demoness from Orcus, an alternate universe that is protec
azerjaban
Sep 06, 2013 azerjaban rated it really liked it
This was a light hearted addition to the Crimson City series. Most likely because all the political drama and tension from the past 2 books were brushed off as minor issues to the demons. Perspective really is everything!

Mika is unlike any heroine I've ever read. She's not powerful and acknowledges she's weak. But she's smart, mischievous, wily, open and teasing. A perfect foil to Conor's gruff, straight to the point,
antisocial existence.

Like if a female Bugs Bunny met Teal'c (pre Jack O Neil
Mindy
In the end, I felt O'Shea's contribution to the series was about as helpful as Maverick's. The character development was better, but stilted. The personal interaction between Mika and Conor wasn't exciting to me and there were very few characters other than the two main ones to care about. Ultimately, I finished the book because I wanted to see what the addition of demons to Crimson City was going to do, but I could have done without this story altogether, especially after A Taste of Crimson.

M
Melissa
Aug 17, 2009 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Best of the Crimson City series, by far. The author skillfully balances a thrilling, fast-paced storyline with fleshed-out, fascinating characters. Mika is a mischievous delight and Conor... well, Conor is a heartbreaker. The complex world of demons and vampires is dark, moody and riveting. What a great read!
Paranormal Romance
The heroine takes the mission to find a spell that holds her people prisoner only because the man who has said spell is her mate. She knows instantly from the photo and though she knows that she's betraying him in doing so, she's bargained to save his life so she's willing to risk it. Both characters are half demon but only the female accepts it. She's learns to love both sides of her though she longs to become a full demon. The male is the completely opposite. He loathes the demon part of him a ...more
Gina
Pretty good for what it was.

Could have been a little better though, I think. Comparing this one to the first two, it fell a little flat somehow. The author didn’t combine enough background info - it almost feels like something’s missing. You don’t really get the why of it all.

There’s no misunderstanding as to why Conor is the way he is. It’s crystal clear. I liked his character; strong, it takes quite a bit to succumb to his desires. I truly hope to see more of him.

Mika… sure, demons are made ou
Gina Briganti
Dec 28, 2013 Gina Briganti rated it it was amazing
“Crimson City” by Liz Maverick (Crimson City book 1) is about vampires. “A Taste of Crimson” by Marjorie M. Liu (Crimson City book 2) is about the werewolves. “Through A Crimson Veil” (Crimson City book 3) brings in the demons. Some are nice. Some are as evil as the worst that your fertile imagination can conjure.

I am impressed by Patti O’Shea’s writing and she’s now on my author list. She’s drawn Mika as a cheerful, half-demon half-human woman with a mission. Conor is half-demon half-human als
Carolyn F.
These books are slowly growing on me and I think so far this is the best of the bunch. Since there are different characters in each book, I have no idea why they keep using the same narrator. She's doing a good job, but there's only so many ways you can portray a female from Los Angeles (aka Crimson City). I wish they'd mix it up. The storyline itself was good, a little strange where you didn't know the heroine would end up or even the reasons why she ended up with who she did. The ending felt a ...more
Nicole Charlton-nauroth
Meh...think I might be done with this series.
Natalie
Jun 03, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the multi-authored Crimson City series and the first book in the series that is written by Patti O'Shea. I gotta say that I wish there were more in the series written by her because I really liked her characters and this addition to the series. Dark Urban Fantasy with hot sex thrown in means a good, adventure-filled time for everyone. Not that this was a fun story, after all it IS a DUF. I'll be looking for more books by this author and I'll continue to seek out the other books ...more
Kim
Jan 23, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
Book 3..
Patrick
Jan 04, 2016 Patrick rated it liked it
Shelves: supernatural
I enjoyed the concept. Though I felt the main character was almost to direct. I would have liked to see more development. The plot centered on the idea of finding the one true mate. and then getting them to trust you. To me it read like a harlequin romance with demons. so I didn't find that to be enjoyable. I would have liked to see more action and story then what was presented. Overall if you enjoy sappy romance ridden novels with fiction elements, then turn in for this book.
Aljan
Jan 17, 2016 Aljan rated it it was ok
In the first half of this book, the attraction and sex between the two main characters is a total distraction and just gets in the way of the story, and not in a good way. I don't mind a little *heeeeyyyy wink wink* kinda thing but, come on. The second half of the book is much better, and actually has some direction and plot. Two stars, and that's being generous, for the first half and three for the last half.
Mar 08, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: supernatural, romance
Things get weird in this third installment of the Crimson City series when a half-demon character is introduced into the mix. Adding to the series mythology author Patti O'Shea gives us a glimpse into what lies beyond the veil of our world: a scary demon dimension. Our star-crossed lovers are fighting over the very fabric of reality and it felt a little more sci-fi than paranormal.
B.E.
Oct 07, 2013 B.E. rated it really liked it
A little slow at first, but it picked up and I really enjoyed it. But just a heads-up, this one is heavy on the sex. It works with the story and with the heroine's magic, but just so you know, there's a boatload of hot and spicy in there. Which is a good thing for some of my Goodreads friends, and not so much for others.
Candace
Dec 31, 2014 Candace rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-uf
I picked this up unaware that it was a romance. Romance's really aren't my thing, and I can't say that I really enjoyed this one more than others, but the characters were very distinct with distinct personalities, and the writing was great. just not my type of book.
Hess
Oct 26, 2011 Hess rated it liked it
I liked the turnaround of a sexy strong female lead who wasn't afraid to seduce her guy. |The guy was a little thick which made me give this less than 4 stars. | Everything was a little too pat as well but it was a good bubblegum read in the series.
Bluecreek
Jun 14, 2012 Bluecreek rated it really liked it
Shelves: ir-aw
Ok, it's flat out paranormal romance, and not really IR because while the heroine looks Asian she's really just a demon. Still, I really enjoyed this book. The H/H were great together once she got him to give in to her.
Lois
Apr 17, 2010 Lois rated it liked it
Sexy.

Loved that the female half-demon, the protagonist, has a penchant for organization.

Too many reminders that the guy wouldn't love her because she had met him under false pretenses. Why do writers do that?
EJ MACK
Aug 04, 2011 EJ MACK rated it liked it
I like the series but have a hard time following the situation since they only seem to stem around the city and not the characters... I will see what happens in the next book.
Tanya
Jan 12, 2012 Tanya rated it it was ok
This was the book that lived in my car for emergency reading when stuck in traffic. As such, it was a nice light fluffy story that you could pick up after a couple of weeks.
Shinyfox
Dec 03, 2012 Shinyfox rated it it was ok
This book was just ok. I didn't really feel a connection to the FMC or MMC and often got frustrated with the pair of them and their relationship.

update later
Janie
Aug 19, 2012 Janie rated it liked it
Read this book in a couple of days, part of a series and will read it again in the future.
Colette
Feb 21, 2012 Colette rated it liked it
3.5 stars - Liked the book, like the lead charactors.
April
Jun 28, 2010 April rated it really liked it
Humm! I am enjoying the subtle humor in the midst of chaos!
Mary Hartshorn
Mar 04, 2013 Mary Hartshorn rated it it was ok
This was a surprisingly good book. I enjoyed the story.
Val
Mar 24, 2010 Val rated it it was amazing
I loved it such and exciting book.
Aparna
Jul 16, 2011 Aparna rated it really liked it
Was different ...interesting ...
Sherri Hunter
Mar 01, 2010 Sherri Hunter rated it did not like it
Not my cuppa tea...
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • Day of Fire (2176, #2)
  • Seduced by the Night (Night Slayer, #2)
  • The Scarlet Empress
  • The Crossing (Immortals, #6)
  • Hunting the Hunter (The Hunters, #8)
  • Night Bites (Mackenzie Vampires #2)
  • Primal Heat (Primes, #5)
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • Shades of Dark (Dock Five Universe, #2)
Nationally bestselling author Patti O'Shea has won numerous awards for her writing and been nominated for many more. Her books have appeared on the Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks, and Borders bestseller lists and have earned starred reviews in prestigious publications such as Booklist.
More about Patti O'Shea...

Crimson City (7 books)
  • Crimson City (Crimson City, #1)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)