Start by marking “Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)” as Want to Read:
Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)

Shards of Crimson (Crimson City #7)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  302 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
FOUR BRAND NEW STORIES FROM THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS OF THE USA TODAY BEST-SELLING SERIES. Its been said there's no such thing as quiet here. Ever since the metropolis first became home to paranormals, discord was named queen. But who will be her king vampires, werewolves, demons or men? One thing remains sure: This land is a battleground and conflict is eternal. Yet there are ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Shards of Crimson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shards of Crimson

Gina
I want more!

I thought all four stories were pretty good. Each one had characters that were secondary characters in the other novels in the series. Each one different, but all had action, inner turmoils and excellent, erotic love scenes.

A Time to Howl by Liz Maverick: I thought this was great. Even when it started out almost as ‘poor little rich girl’, Tajo and Gia overcome their differences and learn about one another. What started out as a spur of the moment kidnapping turns into an excellent l
Stephanie
Mar 29, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
It's interesting to think that of the four short stories in here my favorites were the demon ones. I have always been a vampire girl, those being the earliest paranormal romances I read. Then I fell in love with werewolves with the Mercy Thompson series (Hello, Adam!) but in this series I find that my favorite stories are always the demons. Or maybe it's just that I like Patti O'Shea because her stories are definitely my favorite of the series and of this anthology in particular.
I actually thoug
Doris
Aug 29, 2015 Doris rated it liked it
first read in June 2012
The four stories in Shards of Crimson, from current female fantasy writers, are interesting and themed together in a way that strongly reminded me of Thieves' World, especially when they started straying from the storyline into a highly explicit recount.

The first story, "A Time to Howl", was a classic theme of sheltered princess / erring peasant. It had echoes of Aladdin, as in the cartoon of the same name, but with a great twist. The two primary people in the story were
Natalie
Aug 06, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it
Book 7 of the series but this is actually a collection of 4 novellas from the multi-author Crimson City series.

#1 is A Time To Howl by Liz Maverick - This is a good story, Tajo!, good enough that you'll wish it was a full-length novel but more Paranormal Romance than Dark Urban Fantasy.

#2 is DX by Carolyn Jewel - This is a good story but it TOTALLY reads like it was a full-length that had every other chapter removed. There is so much information missing from this novella that I was confused mos
Carolyn F.
Audiobook, anthology.

1. "A Time to Howl" by Liz Maverick. Cute story about a princess that almost belonged in a Disney movie she's so naive and sweet and about finding her mate.

2. "DX" by Carolyn Jewel. Romance between a demon and a human even without him changing to a kind and gentle man. Good story.

3. "School Bites" by Jade Lee Loved this story. I liked that it was about how people are coping with the changes. The beginning was very hot! Sweet ending.

4. "Dark Awakening" by Patti O'Shea. Enjo
chucklesthescot
Oct 19, 2011 chucklesthescot rated it did not like it
Four short stories set in Crimson City, a world fought over by humans, vampires, werewolves and demons. Read the first story-A Time to Howl which was ok, but it was your typical virgin werewolf princess kidnapped by common werewolf and they fall in love, he nearly dies and happy ever after. Not the most exciting read in the world but it passed an hour. The second story DX bored me as soon as we started with the sexist male cops and obnoxious fangbanger PI woman fighting all through the first par ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
I loved the CRIMSON CITY series, but this book of four short stories really didn't appeal to me. Although they're romantic and steamy, and bring back familiar characters, they didn't feel finished. I usually enjoy anthologies of short stories, but it seems that when it deals with the vampires, werewolves, demons, and other assorted lot who inhabit Crimson City, longer is definitely better.
Ester
Nov 15, 2009 Ester rated it it was amazing
This book has four great authors, each telling a different story that takes place in Crimson City. I just finished reading it for the second time, and it was just as good as the first!
Crystal
Sep 19, 2011 Crystal rated it liked it
Some authors better than others. Inconsistent treatment of various species - you'd think after a series of NOVELS everything would be settled. Should actually be 2.5 stars.
Cameron
Feb 16, 2008 Cameron rated it liked it
The two werewolf stories were pretty good, the demon stories were a little too similar though, the first was way better than the other.
Deanna
Apr 17, 2012 Deanna rated it liked it
2 of the stories were pretty good, 1 ok, and 1 meh....
Nath
Apr 01, 2012 Nath rated it really liked it
3.5/5 (B-)
Brett
Jun 21, 2009 Brett added it
Fantasy
Darie
Darie marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Channon Eggleston
Channon Eggleston rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
SuzPepper 2.0
SuzPepper 2.0 marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Misty Bradley
Misty Bradley rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Kristi Mo
Kristi Mo rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Sandra
Sandra added it
Feb 04, 2016
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Astrid
Astrid marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • Tempted in the Night (Night Slayer, #3)
  • The Witches of Dixie (Witchery, #1)
  • Day of Fire (2176, #2)
  • Shades of Dark (Dock Five Universe, #2)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • Golden Vampire (Vampire Moons, #1)
  • Wicked Magic (Magic, #3)
  • The Dark Tower:  The Sorcerer
  • The Slightly Irregular Fire Engine
  • Micah's Magick (Elemental Witches, #4.5)
  • Rising Moon (Nightcreature, #6)
  • Wolf Whisperer (The Pack #11)
Bestselling, award-winning author Liz Maverick is a novelist, adventurer and odd jobs specialist whose contract assignments have taken her from driving trucks in Antarctica to working behind the scenes on reality TV shows in Hollywood. She holds a BS from UC Berkeley, a CPA, and an MBA from UCLA.
Liz is known for writing out-of-the-box romance novels with fast-paced, unique plots and lots of kick-
More about Liz Maverick...

Crimson City (7 books)
  • Crimson City (Crimson City, #1)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)