Start by marking “Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)” as Want to Read:
Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)

Shards of Crimson (Crimson City #7)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  269 ratings  ·  13 reviews
FOUR BRAND NEW STORIES FROM THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS OF THE USA TODAY BEST-SELLING SERIES. Its been said there's no such thing as quiet here. Ever since the metropolis first became home to paranormals, discord was named queen. But who will be her king vampires, werewolves, demons or men? One thing remains sure: This land is a battleground and conflict is eternal. Yet there are ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Shards of Crimson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shards of Crimson

Gina
I want more!

I thought all four stories were pretty good. Each one had characters that were secondary characters in the other novels in the series. Each one different, but all had action, inner turmoils and excellent, erotic love scenes.

A Time to Howl by Liz Maverick: I thought this was great. Even when it started out almost as ‘poor little rich girl’, Tajo and Gia overcome their differences and learn about one another. What started out as a spur of the moment kidnapping turns into an excellent l
Stephanie
It's interesting to think that of the four short stories in here my favorites were the demon ones. I have always been a vampire girl, those being the earliest paranormal romances I read. Then I fell in love with werewolves with the Mercy Thompson series (Hello, Adam!) but in this series I find that my favorite stories are always the demons. Or maybe it's just that I like Patti O'Shea because her stories are definitely my favorite of the series and of this anthology in particular.
I actually thoug
Doris
The four stories in Shards of Crimson, from current female fantasy writers, are interesting and themed together in a way that strongly reminded me of Thieves' World, especially when they started straying from the storyline into a highly explicit recount.

The first story, "A Time to Howl", was a classic theme of sheltered princess / erring peasant. It had echoes of Aladdin, as in the cartoon of the same name, but with a great twist. The two primary people in the story were both werewolves, one a
Natalie
Book 7 of the series but this is actually a collection of 4 novellas from the multi-author Crimson City series.

#1 is A Time To Howl by Liz Maverick - This is a good story, Tajo!, good enough that you'll wish it was a full-length novel but more Paranormal Romance than Dark Urban Fantasy.

#2 is DX by Carolyn Jewel - This is a good story but it TOTALLY reads like it was a full-length that had every other chapter removed. There is so much information missing from this novella that I was confused mos
Carolyn F.
Audiobook, anthology.

1. "A Time to Howl" by Liz Maverick. Cute story about a princess that almost belonged in a Disney movie she's so naive and sweet and about finding her mate.

2. "DX" by Carolyn Jewel. Romance between a demon and a human even without him changing to a kind and gentle man. Good story.

3. "School Bites" by Jade Lee Loved this story. I liked that it was about how people are coping with the changes. The beginning was very hot! Sweet ending.

4. "Dark Awakening" by Patti O'Shea. Enjo
chucklesthescot
Four short stories set in Crimson City, a world fought over by humans, vampires, werewolves and demons. Read the first story-A Time to Howl which was ok, but it was your typical virgin werewolf princess kidnapped by common werewolf and they fall in love, he nearly dies and happy ever after. Not the most exciting read in the world but it passed an hour. The second story DX bored me as soon as we started with the sexist male cops and obnoxious fangbanger PI woman fighting all through the first par ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
I loved the CRIMSON CITY series, but this book of four short stories really didn't appeal to me. Although they're romantic and steamy, and bring back familiar characters, they didn't feel finished. I usually enjoy anthologies of short stories, but it seems that when it deals with the vampires, werewolves, demons, and other assorted lot who inhabit Crimson City, longer is definitely better.
Ester
This book has four great authors, each telling a different story that takes place in Crimson City. I just finished reading it for the second time, and it was just as good as the first!
Crystal
Some authors better than others. Inconsistent treatment of various species - you'd think after a series of NOVELS everything would be settled. Should actually be 2.5 stars.
Cameron
The two werewolf stories were pretty good, the demon stories were a little too similar though, the first was way better than the other.
Deanna
2 of the stories were pretty good, 1 ok, and 1 meh....
Brett
Jun 21, 2009 Brett added it
Fantasy
Staci
Staci added it
Feb 26, 2015
Abel Joubert
Abel Joubert marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Carolee Quinton
Carolee Quinton marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Rosemarie Kind
Rosemarie Kind marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Alexia
Alexia marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Elisha Sawyer
Elisha Sawyer marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Monika Vuic
Monika Vuic marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Jessica Hatfield
Jessica Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jan 08, 2015
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • Tempted in the Night (Night Slayer, #3)
  • Day of Fire (2176, #2)
  • The Witches of Dixie (Witchery, #1)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • Hope's Folly (Dock Five Universe, #3)
  • Micah's Magick (Elemental Witches, #4.5)
  • Shadow Magic (Magic, #4)
  • The Gathering (Immortals, #4)
  • Surviving Demon Island (Demon Hunters, #1)
Bestselling, award-winning author Liz Maverick is a novelist, adventurer and odd jobs specialist whose contract assignments have taken her from driving trucks in Antarctica to working behind the scenes on reality TV shows in Hollywood. She holds a BS from UC Berkeley, a CPA, and an MBA from UCLA.
Liz is known for writing out-of-the-box romance novels with fast-paced, unique plots and lots of kick-
More about Liz Maverick...

Crimson City (7 books)
  • Crimson City (Crimson City, #1)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
Crimson City (Crimson City, #1) Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6) Crimson & Steam (Crimson City, #8) The Shadow Runners (2176 Series, #3) Wired