Start by marking “Satisfied Customers Tell Three Friends, Angry Customers Tell 3,000: Running a Business in Today's Consumer-Driven World” as Want to Read:

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  13 reviews
In today’s Internet-driven world, customers have more power than ever. Through what interactive marketing expert Pete Blackshaw calls "consumer-generated media"—blogs, social networking pages, message boards, product review sites—even a single disgruntled customer can broadcast his complaints to an audience of millions. Blackshaw shows managers, marketers, and business lea ...more
Published July 8th 2008 by Crown Business (first published 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about Satisfied Customers Tell Three Friends, Angry Customers Tell 3,000

Alissa
I really enjoyed this book. Very eye-opening and engaging. The author makes relevant points about engaging with your customers via the Internet and the consumer generated media, that is really the norm these days.

It’s a small book, but packed full of useful and relevant tips and hints of how a company should respond to CGM and how to become a transparent organization. I’d recommend it to anyone in charge of marketing, public relations, customer service, or the director of an organization.

Kaycee
Jul 15, 2014 Kaycee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
Took me a while to finish, but nevertheless the book is interesting and informative.

The power of social media has strengthened consumer generated media. I have learned from a professor of mine that consumers now dictate their wants and needs, unlike before that companies still have the power to influence.

Blackshaw gives great key points followed by real stories from companies that have either done great or not.
Stephanie
Pete Blackshaw captures the need for excellent customer service in this book. As we explore social media which allows our conversations to be shared with thousands of our "friends" or "followers", this need will only grow.

Excellent case studies, easy to follow, compelling arguments. I recommend this book for business owners, public relations professionals and marketers.

Aaron Glett
You want to have lots of valuable statistics and tips on how to make social media into a relationship builder between you and your customers? This book is for you. You need to know how to make relationships, trusting relationships even, with the people your new marketing reaches. That means putting customer service in a place where they serve as the bright shining faces of your brand.
Angel
I blogged about it in my "scratch pad" blog here. While it is mostly a book for businesses, I think it has a lesson or two for libraries and librarians as well, which is why I picked it up and ended up reading it. I borrowed it from my library.
Jim Serger
What an excellent book on exceeding customer expectations--a thought out book giving everyone a chance to give more and receive more positive and negative feedback and how to use that information to a companies advantage. The author did his homework and it is proven in this customer service book.
Nathan
This was a difficult book to rate because while it contains some solid, timeless advice, much of the tactics are dated. It's a quick read (or in my case, listen), but 2008 is ages ago in online communications so there are newer books that are probably more worth the time.
Sheree
This book did not really apply tomy business, so I did not get much out of it. However it was interesting to know that when we are in a store we maybe being watched to see how we react to things and figure out our habbits.
Graham Mumm
Fairly basic overview considering it was written five years ago (things are moving quicker than ever!). May be useful for someone new to the field and/or of an older generation.
Mwylie
Amazing point that is overlooked by so many companies. This is a new era of customer service with social networks.
Krysten
Mostly things I already knew, but does include a nice list of sites to track customer feedback online in Chapter 3.
Yomari
Listen to your customer's! The rest you will have to read about in the book!
Ram
An eye-opener for all those who want to grow their business
Sam Bialosky
Sam Bialosky marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Bean
Bean marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Fenny
Fenny marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Hussain Juma
Hussain Juma marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Alan
Alan added it
Feb 01, 2015
Debo Atayero
Debo Atayero marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014