Start by marking “Irish Crystal (Nuala Anne McGrail, #9)” as Want to Read:
Irish Crystal (Nuala Anne McGrail, #9)

Irish Crystal (Nuala Anne McGrail #9)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  338 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
"There's evil people around, Dermot love. . . . I knew about them even before me dream. Really evil people. Won't we have to fight them!"

This latest tale of Nuala Anne McGrail, the engagingly fey heroine of such irresistible books as Irish Cream and Irish Lace, begins with a foreboding dream of some terrible impending evil. Dermot Michael Coyne, Nuala's adoring husband and
Published February 6th 2007 by Forge Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Irish Crystal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irish Crystal

Carol
Sep 24, 2015 Carol added it
This was the first of this author I read. I love the characters Nualla Ann & Dermot. I loved their part of the book and their mystery solving. I did not care for the many pages of text from an ancient author telling the story of people from the 18th century. I was difficult to wade through for me, and I love history. I will definitely check out another. But it appears the series often or always includes ancient texts. If so that will blow my enthusiasm. As for whether others might enjoy this ...more
Alleluialu
Jul 10, 2012 Alleluialu rated it liked it
I read this book for the April (crystal) selection in the Rainbow Reading Challenge. It was a cute book, but it dragged a bit. I liked Nuala. She is Irish and typically spunky and her brogue came through really well. She and her husband, Dermot, are amateur - well, according to Dermot Nuala is never wrong - detectives. I couldn't really follow their method of discovering information, but they did solve the crime in the end. There was a lot of sexual references - albeit they were between Nuala an ...more
Colleen
Feb 07, 2016 Colleen rated it did not like it
Not my favorite of the series. The historical part was deadly dry, disappointing because it could have been so much more.
Rachel
Dec 21, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I've truly liked the books of this series. There are some mystical elements that are a bit strange, but the characters are interesting and have mostly good morals. All in all, these are good mysteries. They are written well also although I was surprised at the level of eroticism considering the series is by a priest.
In each book,the couple solves at least one older often ancient mystery and a current-time mystery that are slightly connected as well as work through a crisis in their relationship
Karisa
Nov 09, 2012 Karisa rated it it was ok

I am disappointed in this book. It says on the back cover that it is a mystery book. I realized at about the fourth chapter that this was not the case. It is more a book from the husbands point of view. The entire thing was basically about his lust for his wife. Not a bad thing, but I was under the impression that this was a mystery novel. I wouldn't recommend this and I won't be reading any more in this series.
Joe
Nov 28, 2009 Joe rated it liked it
I do like Greeley's characters and the mysteries, but the book covers make me feel like I'm reading a romance novel. If I hadn't read Blackie books first, I would never have looked twice at Irish Crystal, with it's irrelevant title and cover art.
The Nuala story is good, but I wasn't able to relate the Irish history lesson to the present day events.
Kasey
May 09, 2007 Kasey rated it it was ok
I'd have to say this book was disappointing. It was a little bit tedious to read the narrator speak in a faux Irish manner (he's from Chicago although is wife is Irish). The story plods along. The ending is predictable. Blah. I borrowed this from a friend - I'm glad I didn't buy it.
Julaine
Nov 06, 2007 Julaine rated it liked it
I think this is a very cute series. The main character is an irish women who is "fey". Her husband helps her to solve mysteries. They always have a historical manuscript that follows along with the current day mystery. It provides for an interesting parallel.
Kelly Taylor
Mar 05, 2008 Kelly Taylor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: murder-mystery
This series takes the reader on an adventure. Each book is based on a mystery left behind from an event in history. They are amazing!!! All have some relation to the Irish culture, and I think they are excellent engaging reads.
Markie
Nov 07, 2013 Markie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Father Andrew Greeley has been my favorite author for close to 40 years!!! I am close to my goal of reading all of his books!!! This book was truly awesome, weaving a modern mystery with historical fiction!!!
Joyce McKune
Jun 29, 2010 Joyce McKune rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Someone tries to kill the Currens - Nuala Anne becomes a yank!
Carol
May 14, 2011 Carol rated it liked it
Loved reading another Nuala Anne adventure.
Sherry
Jan 27, 2013 Sherry rated it really liked it
Love Nuala and all the family. Also the Irish!
Linda Watkins
Jun 21, 2013 Linda Watkins rated it it was amazing
I love Andrew Greeley and Nuala Anne!
Susan
Aug 29, 2007 Susan rated it liked it
These books are my guilty pleasure....
Gerry
Mar 19, 2013 Gerry rated it liked it
good Nuala Anne read
Mary Frette
VERY GOOD
Nathan Keniston
Nathan Keniston marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Lori
Lori added it
Jan 27, 2016
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Jason Hall
Jason Hall marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Kathleen Kelly
Kathleen Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Tonya Marie
Tonya Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Ria M
Ria M marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Leighe
Leighe marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jan 15, 2016
  • The Maiden's Tale (Sister Frevisse, #8)
  • Endangered (Summer Westin Mystery, #1)
  • North from Rome
  • Black Collar (Uncommon Rebels Trilogy, #1)
  • Buffalo Bill's Dead Now (Wind River Reservation, #16)
  • City of Dreams (Peter Fallon, #4)
  • Irish Blood
  • Grania: She-King of the Irish Seas
  • The Death of an Irish Lover (Peter McGarr, #14)
  • The Summoning God (The Anasazi Mysteries, #2)
  • A Nun in the Closet
  • Cities of the Dead (Michael Spraugge Mystery #4)
  • Coast Road / Three Wishes
  • The Claddagh Ring: Ireland's Cherished Symbol of Friendship, Loyalty, and Love
  • The Typist
  • THE BARREL MURDER - a Detective Joe Petrosino case (based on true events)
  • The Lincoln Conspiracy
  • Pray for Us Sinners
Andrew Greeley was a Roman Catholic priest, sociologist, journalist, and author of 50 best-selling novels and more than 100 works of nonfiction. For decades, Greeley entertained readers with such popular characters as the mystery-solving priest Blackie Ryan and the fey, amateur sleuth Nuala Anne McGrail. His books typically center on Irish-American Roman Catholics living or working in Chicago.

htt
More about Andrew M. Greeley...

Nuala Anne McGrail (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Irish Gold (Nuala Anne McGrail, #1)
  • Irish Lace (Nuala Anne McGrail, #2)
  • Irish Whiskey (Nuala Anne McGrail, #3)
  • Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail, #4)
  • Irish Eyes (Nuala Anne McGrail, #5)
  • Irish Love (Nuala Anne McGrail, #6)
  • Irish Stew! (Nuala Anne McGrail, #7)
  • Irish Cream (Nuala Anne McGrail, #8)
  • Irish Linen (Nuala Anne McGrail, #10)
  • Irish Tiger (Nuala Anne McGrail, #11)