Start by marking “Full House (Full Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Full House (Full Series, #1)

Full House (Full #1)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  17,063 Ratings  ·  553 Reviews
Nick Kaharchek sense danger the minute he sees Billie Pearce. She represents everything he's always avoided. Happy in her home life, a divorced mother of tow, Billie is the epitome of stability. She's also irresistibly fascinating to the footloose Kaharchek . . . in a car crash sort of way. Their fateful meeting leads to a story filled with seduction and mayhem and love ev ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 432 pages
Published October 28th 2003 by Random House Large Print (first published May 31st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Full House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full House

Jen
Reading this book was like eating an entire box of Hostess Ho Hos by myself--I knew it was a bad idea while I was doing it, and afterwards I felt angry and embarrassed that I did it. Even for a mindless, chick-lit beach-read, this book stretches the limits of credibility! And even if you like the author's Stephanie Plum Bounty Hunter series, forcibly thrust this book into the nearest trash can if you ever see a copy of it.
Tracy
I laughed my a$$ off. This was a good story with characters that made it GREAT! I stayed up all night to finish this one, and I woke up my 7 yr old in the other room at one point because I was laughing so hard. (bad mommy-I assured him everything was ok and he fell right back to sleep) After that I held a blanket up to my face whenever the book got me going. I just recently saw Bridesmaids in the theater, and LOVED it. (might have peed my pants just a little from laughing so hard- darn side effe ...more
Tammy Golden
Poorly done collaboration

I am a huge fan of Janet Evanovich. I own a copy of every book she ever wrote, including Full House in its original version. I am convinced that the reason over 70 disappointed reviewers (to date) can't recognize Evanovich's wonderful comic voice in this rewrite is because the rewrite gave the book Charlotte Hughes's voice, which is (sorry, Ms. Hughes) plodding and flat (I really disliked Hot Shot, which I only read because I heard Evanovich liked her so much she had her
Karen
Nov 15, 2015 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Fun, cute story.
Kelly
Nov 26, 2008 Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody...or anyone who needs inspiration that THEY could get published
Recommended to Kelly by: My mother-in-law was desperate to be rid of it
My mother-in-law left it at my house while she was in town and told me, "You can have this book, if you want it...I...like her humor." but that was all she said. I could tell she was thinking, "But I don't know what to think of this book..."

I hate romance novels, but a free book? Sure. I'll read it. It was the first I'd ever read by this author and that's unfortunate because I've heard positive things about her other books...but it's hard for me to believe this author could write ANYTHING worthw
Lili
Jun 30, 2012 Lili rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe this is a Janet Evanovich book... what happened??
This is one one stupid book, the timeframe for the whole book is 2 weeks during which Nick and Billie (awful name!) meet and fall in love.
If Billie was Deedie, that would be ok but she was presented to me as a sensible, almost boring, divorced mom of two. But then she met Nick and 5 days later they had sex and got engaged in one of the weirdest scenes I've read... and then it all went to hell.
Nick was a jerk who kept repeating he l
Ashleigh
Oct 31, 2008 Ashleigh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't really like any other Evanovich besides the Stephanie Plum novels.
Kirsti (Melbourne on my mind)
This is total fluff from start to finish. Yes, it's completely and utterly predictable - 38 year old single mother meets gorgeous millionaire and they fall for each other instantly - and yes, it's utterly implausible. I mean, falling in love and getting married within two weeks of meeting? That's crazy talk.

But sometimes? Sometimes you need utterly implausible fluff that doesn't require any brain power to read, especially when it's filled with a hilarious cast of characters and an over-abundanc
VaultOfBooks
By Janet Evanovich. Grade B

I started reading this book on a lazy summer day, a rather apt time for a story set up in the green hills of Loudoun County, Virginia where it is always breezy and the sun shines cheerfully.

Filled with Evanovich's trademark style and wit, Full House is romantic suspense with a twist...

Her life was pleasant, proper, and predictable-- until he showed up and trouble moved in...

Polo instructor Nicholas Kaharchek senses danger the minute he sees Billie Pearce. She represent
Wendy
Jul 26, 2011 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're expecting something along the lines of the Stephanie Plum mysteries, this book is not for you. Full House must be viewed on its own. It's not as action-packed as Evanovich's more recent best sellers, although there's some action and a car does in fact get blown to bits. Full House, originally published in 1989 under the pen name Steffie Hall, is obviously the same author we love so much, but in her earlier days.

Nick Kaharchek has a playboy reputation, owns a newspaper and a stable, tea
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Oops, I read #2 in the series before I read this one which is #1.

I do remember reading this one before. Cute story. This one starts off with the meeting of Billie and Nick and about their possible romance. It has Dee Dee getting ready to marry Frankie and Nick just can not handle having her in his home right now and Max is a teenager and causing a bit of a ruckus. Nick makes a deal with Billie and convinces her to let DeeDee stay with her until the wedding comes along.

As the story progresses,
Melanie
Apr 19, 2013 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Full House by Janet Evanovich. I recommend this book. It's a story of a lady who is divorced because her ex cheated on her and wanted to try new things. He was always the best when it came to sports; therefore the 2 kids thought he could do anything. With her kids gone with her ex a while during the summer, Billie Pearce knows she needs exercise and wants to try something adventurous. She wants to learn how to play Polo. Eventhough she has been around horses, this does not equate with pla ...more
Dana
Jan 06, 2011 Dana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After exhausting the Stephanie Plum series, I decided I would try out something else of Janet Evanovich's. I'm not huge on the "romance" stuff, but seeing as how the Plum series wasn't super heavy on it (and it was quite funny), I thoroughyly enjoyed it. When I decided to try out the Full series, I was disappointed. The writing was similar to the Plum series, however I found it lacked the humor and the interesting characters that I had come to expect from Evanovich. If you are searching for some ...more
Tiffunee
Dec 15, 2012 Tiffunee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wealthy newspaper owner and horseman Nick Kaharchek meets divorced mom Billie Pearce when she makes polo lessons at his stables part of her summer self-improvement program.

Though she’s hopeless at polo, Billie is so cute that Nick begins to invent excuses to spend time with her. First, he takes care of her when a horse steps on her foot; then, he arranges for his nutty cousin Deedee, a self-absorbed airhead, to board with Billie while her kids are away.

I am a new fan of Janet Evanovich books an
Nicole
Nov 09, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full House was not really what I am used to getting from Janet Evanovich. I have read several of her books and liked all of them. While I did not dislike Full House it is just different from other books she has written.

Billie came off as a totally normal mom with two kids dealing with a divorce while trying to keep a sense of normality for her children. She was very stubborn, independent, and all about the rules. Well until she meet Nick that is.

Nick did not strike me as the typical rich kid w
Ashley
I've actually read book 5 & 6 in this series but that was years ago when I worked a night job & I don't think that I even read them in order as they were random thrift store finds that were a 25 cent way to pass 8 hours in a locked building. When I grabbed this book out of a free bin, I didn't even realize that it was book 1 of that series and after starting it, I didn't even recognize Max's name from the other books.
I'm not a die hard Evanovich fan. I've never read anything of hers that
Marla
Mar 03, 2012 Marla rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't really care for it. The author mentions that this was written previously and she added/changed it with the help of another author and I think it kind of shows. At least it felt to me that I started reading one book and it was like I turned a page and it was a totally different book. Is supposed to be a mystery? A romance? It really felt like neither, it just sort of meandered on until it stopped. I'll keep reading the series, but I'm not in any hurry.
Kiera Beddes
Genre: opposites attract, things are not what they seem, blended families
Summary: Nick Kaharchek is a rich playboy who's life is changed for the better when he meets Billie Pierce at his polo class. Billie is a divorced mother of two. She doesn't need the drama that Nick invariably brings with him, but they cannot seem to stay away from each other. However, as they get closer, things quickly start to get out of control. Bug invasions, bombs big and small and some kidnapping is going to happen be
Erin
Sep 10, 2015 Erin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, romance
I will say off the bat that I am not sure if I am listening to the original, or the rewritten version.
I think with how dated it sounds, it is probably the original.

I am thus going to assume that I am listening to the original.

This is one of those stories that does not hold up too well with time. I don't know if the rewritten version holds up better or not. But this was a piece of shit.

It was fluffy, and dumb.
I don't mind fluffy. But the characters were extremely shallow to the point of laughabi
Brenda
Jan 19, 2011 Brenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I've had this series on my shelf for a long time, and figured I should read it. Evanovich really only has one style of writing, and that's quirky, silly characters combined with plots that are pretty much unbelievable. Although this story was pretty predictable, it was a quick, light read and was fairly entertaining.
Tracey
Jun 03, 2015 Tracey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, humour, 2015
So six grade teacher Billie Pearce decides to take horse polo lessons and ends up falling for the millionaire instructor Nick Kaharchek.
Okay you don't expect much that is why you read, its light, its fluffy, it give a nice feeling and hopefully a few laughs along the way. What I got was an endless banter of I love him/her, I don't love him/her, my life is a mess, my life is wonderful, why do all these bad things happen to me, why do all these good things happen to me and on and on it went. At o
Susan
It is a romance novel, so going in, you have to suspend all reality. Not only is the male character gorgeous, tall, fit, and tan, of course he is also fabulously wealthy. A jetsetting womanizer who falls for a middle-aged mother of 2 who of course, doesn't care about his money. Uh okay. I don't get why a woman can't fall in love with a gorgeous, tall, fit, poor-as-a-church-mouse man?
In reality, I could get past all of that. Saying you were going to get married 5 days after you met - I guess.
What
Julie
Sep 11, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of Janet Evanovich for a long time, mostly for her Stephanie Plum series but I have read a few of her other series and they are all the same... very readable with slightly unbelievable events that happen to ordinary people haha.

I really like Billie and Nick as characters and I am sad that their characters are not continued in the next book in the series... :( Their romance was a bit of insta love like literally within a few days but when you know, you know apparently. Usually I
Kimmy
Dec 10, 2014 Kimmy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. A shit ton of it.

1. Too many characters and they all stay shallowly discovered or ridiculously caricatured (which means I didn't care about any of them: the more characters introduced the higher my bored index went).
2. Too many wandering plot strings.
3. And the main male and female characters--my god, were they annoying! The guy was an arrogant skeevy sexist and the woman's lust for him was not sexy--it was repulsive. I couldn't get my mind wrapped around why her stomach would flutter ov
Becky
Jun 15, 2015 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, romance
I read this a few years ago and I remember thinking it was hilarious, but this time around it was only mildly funny and mostly improbable. Either my sense of humor is out of whack these days or I'm becoming a more critical reader. I think the problem is that I've been reading superior romances that deal with relationships that grow with depth and believability. (Mary Balogh, you've spoiled me!) So, when I read a book like this where the couple barely knows one another and spend almost no time ta ...more
Ashley
I listened to this book on audio and that was maybe the worst way to approach this book. The narrator played Nick's voice as a smarmy car salesman and made me constantly dislike everything he said. I kept reminding myself that it would sound much better in my own head when I got to voice the character.

The same for Billie. She was this weak woman who let the silliest things become major issues. I'm 38 and he's 36?! This will never work!!! Girl, give me a break.

I did love Deedee. Again, the narr
Connie N.
With the same sort of humor Evanovich shows in the Stephanie Plum books, this is a different series about a single mother (Billie) of 2 young kids who meets a sexy and wealthy man when she takes, of all things, polo lessons from him. They find each other irresistible despite their many differences and build a strong relationship very quickly due to some extremely pushy but lovable characters around them. Deedee is Nick's cousin and is silly and fun but very warm-hearted. Frankie is her fiancée a ...more
Cyndi
Jan 25, 2016 Cyndi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Great story to start off an entertaining series. Truly enjoying these folks, especially the beauty queen and the wrestler. So cute!
MountainKat
May 31, 2011 MountainKat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, pbook
Cute story, not a lot of depth, but that was OK. You need to suspend belief a little to make this one work.
Melinda
It's hard not to compare Evanovich's work to her Plum series... with that being said, this book wasn't nearly as good as the Plum series but it's not half bad either.
We are introduced to Max Holt as a kid in this book who I believe the rest of the series is about? But the main storyline is between a millionaire polo player/newspaper owner and a divorced mother of two. There is some mystery involved and some quirky characters, so the formula isn't a total dud. Overall enjoyed the book, and will g
  • Hero at Large
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Trust Me on This
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter
  • Nerds Like It Hot (Nerds, #6)
  • Pink Jinx (Cajun, #5)
  • Dirty Laundry (Sofie Metropolis, #2)
  • Undercover in High Heels (High Heels, #3)
  • Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)
  • Guns Will Keep Us Together (Bombay Assassins, #2)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Full (6 books)
  • Full Tilt (Full #2)
  • Full Speed (Full, #3)
  • Full Blast (Full #4)
  • Full Bloom (Full #5)
  • Full Scoop (Full #6)

“And something chocolate, of course. A meal was not a meal without some sort of chocolate for desert.” 10 likes
“Deedee is really very sweet,” he whispered.” 0 likes