Los Secretos del Codigo: La Guia No Autorizada A los Misterios Detras de el Codigo Da Vinci

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  395 ratings  ·  26 reviews
"Dan Brown's bestselling novel, The Da Vinci Code, has captivated the imagination of millions of readers. Its provocative story and rich historical background has spurred wide interest in the author's source materials and has aroused controversies, both public and private, all over America. Readers everywhere want to know what is fact and what is fiction." Dan Burstein's S...more
Published December 28th 2005 by Emece Editores (first published 2004)

Carol
So far this book is raising more questions than it attempts to answer & I'm really enjoying it. The author's intention to get people thinking about the origins of Christianity and its subsequent evolution is well designed. I look forward to finishing my reading of this book.
Sammy Sutton
Seriously, I'm a little worn out with the whole Da Vinci Code 'Holy Vessel' controversy. Nevertheless, I still get a little caught up in the concepts surrounding it. Dan Burstein seems to be one of the more credible theorists. I enjoy his work a lot.
Yana Rosli
what i got from this book is HEADACHE~...
L.
Started this in July, put it away while on vacation and during the Great Vacation Readup, and now it's finally done. If you read and enjoyed The Da Vinci Code (which I did, two years ago, but it's only a thriller people!), this might pique your interest. Burstein has rounded up some of the sources that Dan Brown used and either reprinted the crux of their works or interviewed them specifically for this book. He then goes and finds a rebuttal for all this kooky stuff. :-)

It's a bit boggy at time...more
Keith Brough
This book is fun with a capitla F-U-N. It is, however, a very thick and acedemic book filled with excerpts and articles from published scholars. The DaVici COde is fiction. Yes. This book makes that very clear. But what the novel did to its audience is simple and healthy... it wet peoples appetite for reading, and made them curious about a slew of conspiracy theories as well as Christian history. This book has a smattering of every topic readers might be curious about. Interviews with ELain Page...more
Teycordero
I read this book back in my high school days. I got curious from the graphic images of the famous painting Monalisa and the last supper of Leonardo da vinci. Did really Leonardo hid some secrets in his paintings? Merely this book collected facts from fiction in Dan Browns da vinci code. Dan Burstein has indeed edited an extensive far reaching book about the most controversial figure in the Christian history.
Shyam
I have to admit that Dan Burstein has indeed edited a comprehensive book about the most controversial figure in the Christian history among other things. The book is especially enjoyable for it's extensive collection and distinction of the fact from fiction in Dan Brown's da Vinci Code.
It starts off with a promising note and urges you to recollect what you learned in the novel. But as the pages wear on it gets increasingly complicated and confusing.
I think you'll come to get the full impact onl...more
Ernest
Solid if a bit stodgy. The books title faithfully attempted to tell the secrets of the Code and did it in a largely non-point of view manner, inserting excerpts of other works and interviews. However, the book attempted to cover much material and this may have detracted from its impact. Additionally, the books length might put people off reading it.
Joy Marie
May 20, 2011 Joy Marie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of "The DaVinci Code"
This was a good book to get background information on the topics found in the book "The DaVinci Code". The author gave good information on both sides of several historical arguments highlighted by the book and allowed the reader to draw their own conclusions.
Johanna
The history behind the Da Vinci Code has always fascinated me more than the fictive story. This book gives many interesting viewpoints in an objective way that gets me to find my own conclusions and thoughts about what might really have been true.
Emma Scholes
I liked this book but it was very deep reading. It was hard to read sometimes as it got very technical. I still liked it. Most of the time I want to be entertained.

I will finish reading this book but I think it is a better reference book.
Scott
snarky and dismissive. Da Vinci code is a grocery store novel, for cryin' out loud! Settle down! Disinfo company's book is much much better; after all there is a lot of mystery behind Mr. Brown's book that is quite legitimate.
Jovy
Loved this! I watched the movie, read the book, saw the documentaries in the history and discovery channels and then this...I love the illustrated timetable, 'sacred feminine' and all about Leonardo.
Sanal
I read it inspired by Da Vinci code. Well if you are mad about the conspiracies and want more than DaVinci code then go for it. Its just time kill.
Audrey
the book does address the major controversies brought on by the Da Vinci Code phenomenon, but it is not very well edited or organized.
Adih Respati
The occult in the story is indeed old news and that Dan Brown probably genuinely believes the fiction he wrote.
Craig
Aug 20, 2008 Craig rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Da Vinci Code fans
I am ashamed to admit that I purchased this thing, but in fact, it was interesting in many aspects.
Jerald Hoskelis
did not finish reading. Very poorly written and very hard story to follow.
Tami
Not as good as the fictional story, but it had some interesting parts.
Parth Bakshi
Gives a neutral perspective on the mystery and conspiracy in the Da vinci code.
Robert
Read all this material before. Not particularly well edited.
Carrie Piatkowski
Loved it. Definitely a must-read.
Enrico G. Lupo
Non leggetelo. È proprio tempo perso
Melissa
Good book to dip into....
Pushkar Sane
Pushkar Sane is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
  • The Templar Revelation: Secret Guardians of the True Identity of Christ
  • The Jesus Family Tomb
  • Cracking the Da Vinci Code: The Unauthorized Guide to the Facts Behind Dan Brown's Bestselling Novel
  • Bloodline of the Holy Grail
  • The Last Emperor
  • Cracking Da Vinci's Code - Digest
  • The Jesus Dynasty: The Hidden History of Jesus, His Royal Family, and the Birth of Christianity
  • Myths of the Greeks and Romans
  • The Jesus Mysteries: Was the "Original Jesus" a Pagan God?
  • The People's Almanac Presents the Book of Lists
  • You Are Here: A Portable History of the Universe
  • Math and the Mona Lisa: The Art and Science of Leonardo da Vinci
  • Mythology
  • Signs & Symbols
  • Don't Stand Too Close to a Naked Man
  • Why Do Catholics Do That?
  • Tao of Photography: Seeing Beyond Seeing
  • The American Art Book
Secrets of Mary Magdalene: The Untold Story of History's Most Misunderstood Woman Secrets of the Lost Symbol: The Unauthorized Guide to the Mysteries Behind The Da Vinci Code Sequel Tattooed Girl Secrets of Angels & Demons Secrets of Inferno: In the Footsteps of Dante and Dan Brown