Start by marking “Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels (Rick Steves' City and Regional Guides)” as Want to Read:

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  147 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Who but Rick Steves can tell travelers the best ways to meander around Amsterdam's Van Gogh museum, explore its maze of canals, and find the tastiest breweries and restaurants? With Rick Steves’ Amsterdam, Bruges and Brussels, travelers can experience everything Amsterdam, Bruges, and Brussels have to offer – economically and hassle-free. Completely revised and updated, th ...more
Published March 5th 2008 by Avalon Travel Publishing (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels

Bill
Jun 21, 2010 Bill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used the most recent guide on our five-day trip to Amsterdam this summer, and it was immensely helpful. It gave us information on how to get back and forth to the airport, navigating around the city, and taking walking tours throughout the city. Thanks to this guide, I didn't have that "did we miss anything?" feeling that I often get at the end of a vacation.
Nicole D'Amato
Dec 04, 2011 Nicole D'Amato rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rick Steves is the travelin' MAN. He brought me to a working class one pot/dish cafeteria style kitchen in Haarlam that was absolutely amazing. Had I not brought this guidebook, there is no way I would have found it. Rick Steves is geared towards all sorts of travelers so this is a great round about reference. Highly recommend!
Kristen
Nov 13, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Great advice on things to see while in Amsterdam etc. His recommendations are good for those looking for main-stream and off-the-beaten-path experiences. If you go to Bruges, check out the little hole in the wall pub recommended by Steves- it really is perfect.
Katherine
Jul 31, 2011 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, this book had all the tips to make our trip through Amsterdam, Brussels, and Bruges wonderful. Some of my favorite tips that he recommended were renting bikes in Bruges to ride to the nearby town of Damm and a small brewery tour in Bruges.
Katherine
May 25, 2008 Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great guidebook. His restaurant recommendation's were especially good. Jon couldn't keep Rick Steve's name straight and kept referring to "Rick James" recommendations, as in "Rick James said this place was good."
Leonard
May 29, 2013 Leonard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The edition I have from the public library was published in 2011. As before I didn't read all or even much of these guides, but I find them valuable and worthwhile.
Larissa
Jul 22, 2007 Larissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All travellers
Rick Steves is a master at travel! His travel guides are informative, but at the same time quirky and humorous. You can't go wrong with this travel expert.
Matt
Jun 29, 2009 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rick Steves has taken me on more good vacations... hope this leads to one more. Good stuff and reference that I'll bring to Belgium.
Simon Gianoutsos
Apr 01, 2011 Simon Gianoutsos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
This was my first introduction to Rick Steves' travel guides and this is a superb book covering down to earth advice and opinions.
Megan
Jul 10, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great guidebook and info for Amsterdam, Bruges, Brussels, I used the 2011 edition and found it very helpful for my trip.
Kipahni
Apr 26, 2008 Kipahni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-books
I am very excited to see how accurate this book is to the places he has suggested and to try another of his walking/biking tours.
Noel
Jan 07, 2011 Noel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent guide to Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges. Read cover to cover and consulted constantly during a recent trip.
Susan Erickson
Apr 12, 2011 Susan Erickson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great info as usual Rick. I always read some Steves before I go to Europe.
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Kris Minnick
Kris Minnick rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Colleen Nixon
Colleen Nixon marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Kiana Carr
Kiana Carr rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Julie
Julie added it
Jan 18, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
christine m kennedy
christine m kennedy rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Sharon Russell
Sharon Russell rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
JAN
JAN marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Peter Buzzard
Peter Buzzard rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2015
Penelope A. Bankston
Penelope A. Bankston rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Dale Graham
Dale Graham rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Charles Juszczak
Charles Juszczak rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Fodor's Paris 2013
  • London A-Z
  • Great Britain
  • San Francisco & Northern California
  • Florence & Tuscany
  • Fodor's Italy 2008 (Fodor's Gold Guides)
  • Turkey
  • Italy
  • Atlas of the World
  • World Heritage Sites: A Complete Guide to 878 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
  • Constantinople
  • Istanbul (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide)
  • Istanbul (Lonely Planet City Guide)
  • Turkey
  • Strolling Through Istanbul: The Classic Guide to the City
  • Top 10 London (DK Eyewitness Travel)
  • Germany (DK Eyewitness Travel)
  • 501 Must-Visit Destinations
Richard "Rick" Steves is an American author and television personality on European travel. He is the host of a public television series, and a public radio travel show, and the author of many travel guidebooks and autobiographies.
More about Rick Steves...