Moon White: Color Me Enchanted (TrueColors, #11)

Moon White: Color Me Enchanted (TrueColors #11)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  559 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Heather's curiosity in Wicca brings new confidence and reassurance but alienates her from others. Even so, this enchanting path seems harmless, even helpful.But when terrifying things begin to happen that Heather can't explain, it becomes clear that she has less control over her world than ever before.The eleventh book in the teen fiction series TrueColors, this book discu...more
Published March 1st 2007 by Th1nk Books (first published January 23rd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Moon White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon White

Salvaged by Stefne MillerRebels by Accident by Patricia DunnArana's Visitor by Julie RollinsVashua's Messenger by Julie RollinsBlackwell's Wrath by Julie Rollins
YA Spiritual & Religious Novels
129th out of 176 books — 98 voters
The Ugly Truth by Jeff KinneyThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsOnce Upon a Road Trip by Angela N. Blount
books with color
55th out of 71 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Bridget R.
This book is everything I hate about Christian fiction.

A theme that's meant to scare the reader away from something, shallow characters, a plot that's oh-so-convient so the character never has to work for anything, and a "once you surrender to God everything will get better!" ending.

If you want to read some books in this genre that have wonderful characters and stories, I recommend Winter and Angel Fall.

Note: I don't know very much about Wicca. If I get something wrong in the course of this rev...more
Cayra
While I generally like Melody Carlson's books (even if I don't buy the "Christianity will save you, no matter what your problem" message they promote), this is one of the two books I was disgusted with. The other is Bright Purple: Color Me Confused; you can read my review of that too, if you care. This one angered me similarly: it's close-minded and almost bigoted view of it's "issue", this one being Wicca. The book goes through a girl's experience of Wicca (which is more portrayed as witchy spe...more
Laura Bratisax
This book wasn't written by an idiot. The author has researched Wicca enough to teach us along the way about the religion. She also acknowledges through one of her characters that all spirituality is real and that our main character must choose Jesus in order to receive comfort from him. However, I don't think the author respects Wicca well enough. Things were going fine until our main character disrespected the 3rd Wiccan law. We cannot visualize through this story what would happen if our char...more
Rebecca
Firstly, yes this is a Christian novel, but I had issues with it.I have read three of Carlson's books. I admit, I enjoyed Faded Denim and Harsh , because they had really good messages about life in general, regardless of if it puts a strong emphasis on God. But this book just teaches religious intolerance, and that God is the only way. I read this when I was fourteen, and had a more "Christian" viewpoint than I do now, and it irritated me quite a bit even then to read the ending where it made it...more
Emma
A ballerina who lost her mother to cancer when she was 9-yrs-old, Heather is now 16 and exploring her path in life. Much to the disapproval of her ballerina teacher and horror of her best friend, this exploration includes becoming vegan and learning about Wicca. Through her journey, Heather meets people who might be out to help or hinder her and finds out that all is not as she thought it would be.

I tried but realized that I actually am not subjective enough to give this title a fair review. I w...more
Melissa
TWJ Magazine
Heather Sinclair’s father remarried after the death of her mother. His new wife is vastly different from her mom; Augustine does what she wants when she wants and influences Heather to do the same. So when Heather shows interest in witchcraft, known as Wicca, it seems innocent enough, or so she thinks. After all, she’s only reading a few books to help her get in touch with her inner strength and abilities. When she starts using her “knowledge” to get her own way and bring harm to other’s lives,...more
Allie
This is another one of those moments when I wish goodreads offered a half-star rating. Because I really feel that this is more of a 3.5 star book.

Moon White is a very engaging story that kept me reading the entire time. I liked the characters for the most part, although they could have probably used a bit more developing. The plot was extremely interesting, although I have to admit I'd seen a major plot point coming far in advance. As well as the ending. Okay, so it was a little predictable. But...more
Joann
Nov 08, 2007 Joann rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: advisory07-08
Personally, this book was quite interesting. I think every book that Melody Carlson wrote somewhat touches upon Christianity. This is the second book I've read from Melody Carlson and her conflicts stated in the books relates to us, teenagers. I think any teenager would want to read this unless they don't like reading about religion. This book was similar to Harsh Pink because of Christianity.
This novel is about a girl named Heather who first believes in Wicca which is witch craft. Her friend,...more
Sarah Evans
The author has a good ear for teen dialogue and the characters react in realistic ways. For some reason this particular book of hers wasn't as compelling for me, though perhaps it's because I'm not a teenager. :-) I kept thinking some of mundane things that made Wicca troubling for the lead character might also crop up in her new Christian life ("odd" people, ethical dilemmas, feeling like faith isn't "working"). Then there were her dark supernatural experiences, which some readers will find har...more
$hanel
Heather Sinclair believes in a witchcraft spirit called Wicca. All of her friends think that she is crazy especially her best friend Lucy. When Liz Daniels moves to Carolina and steals Heather`s boyfriend and her lead in ballet Heather`s life goes haywire. This is when Wicca steps into the picture and Heather wonders if everything will be OK since she thinks that all spirituality is good right? That is until the spells she plays from the book about Wicca turn back on Heather she wonders if Wicca...more
Marshall Cain
I walked into this one didn't I? It was actually better than I expected, but then again I expected a book so hateful that I would be filled with the rage of a pantheon built for that singular purpose.

Instead I was delighted to find that the ending of the book was less judgemental than expected. Sure, witchcraft is thrown away as mostly stories while the bible is considered true, a hilarity that will bring a reader great mirth. At the same time, the novel doesn't end the book with the MC becoming...more
Isabelle
I will probably never read this author's work again. This book make me gag. The message was that if you just go to church and have faith in "god", everything will be okay. That's bullshit. The character, Heather, deals with her mother's death, her stepmother's affair, and other things, and starts "practicing witchcraft", which in this case is just learning about Wicca. In the end, she almost kills herself, but her mom's friend tells her to have faith in god, and everything is perfect again. I wo...more
Hayley Martinez
It was okay. But it was a bit creepy. (view spoiler) I was like: Okay. That is freaking me out now. A good book in all, but just be warned. It can get pretty...shall we say...graphic when describing the demonic possessions at times. Like a horror story. I had to listen to David Crowder and Me in Motion while I was reading it so I wouldn't freak out and go crazy. But then again, I am scared fairly easily.
Jerry
Yet another one of Melody Carlson's True Colors books, this one deals with the controversial topic of Wicca. Having no experience with it myself, I can't comment as to the author's knowledge of the subject; what I can say is that this book is as edgy and hard-hitting as the prior books in the series.
Rachel
Nov 03, 2007 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: every teenage girl
Shelves: totallyteenage
This book was an excellent book (as are ALL of Melody Carlson's books). It was about a girl who decided to experiment with Wicca to try to control her life. In the end , she became really freaked out about everything and even suicidal. Eventually she met with a friend of her deceased mom. That friend leads her to Christ. It was a really great and interesting book.
Ashley L
Heather goes to this book store and finds a book about the religion Wicca.She starts using the book to try to cast spells and to talk to her mom who passed away.Her "best friend" is a bible believing Christian and thinks that Heather is a witch.
A really didn't like this book, i found it slow and hard to keep track of where the story was going.
Kayla Mannlein
This was a great read for young adults who might be spiritually searching. It is completely fine to have spiritual doubts because any great faith needs to be able to handle good questions. I think messing with the spiritual world with religions of Wicca or any super natural can potentially open doors that are unwanted and unfulfilling.
heather
i thought this was a very good book its about wicthes and i felt as though i could highly relate to heather in the story cause were both fasinated about wicca and want to be wicthes to so therefore i would highly recomend this book to anyone who wants to read it!
Deanna
To be fair the ending was worth 4 stars. It was the rest I wasn't to thrilled about. I don't know what I was expecting when I read it. Maybe more craft like? Anyway it wasn't horrible but it could have been portrayed a little differently. Lovely ending though!
Courtney
I think that this book was sort of a dissappointment. I expected the conflicts to be a little more severe to the main character than what it really was, however the author set up a good plot and realization point to the reader, that gave the book a good moral.
Hope
I really enjoyed this book. When I read it I would get chills down my back because of the witchcraft she used. It scared me when her "friend" was channeling a spirit, it was really creepy. I can't wait to finish this series and start something new!
Timtams
This was AMAZING
It was such an insight and so helpful, while all at the same time being an amazing peice of writing! :)
Loved it, my fave book of Melody Carlsons, definite five stars :)
Alex
Wasn't my favorite of the TrueColors series, but it was still enjoyable, and left me with the peaceful feeling I get when reading about the teens and their journey to find God.
I was interested in the topic going in, but the book fell short. I was not impressed with the Christian friend, and I never really connected with the main character. Just so-so.
Shelley
Gave up about halfway through. I know it is supposed to be a Christian book and will probably turn out good, but I was learning way too much about Wicca.
Venus
4.5/5. Man, this was an intense read. This is why I read Melody Carlson, for her edgy, heavy, immersive writing style. I believed every word.
Reading With Gummies
Everything that seems harmless, may lead to bigger, bad things. This was a boring book, like some of the other books in this series.
Lindsey
I didn't finish this because I got bored with the characters and the plot line. Let's just say I'm glad it was free for my nook.
Gabrielle
This book open my eyes to God. And that I can't live my life for me, but for Him! I hope this book helps you.
Offensive to Wiccans 1 9 Apr 15, 2012 06:07PM
  • The Spring of Candy Apples (Sweet Seasons, #4)
  • The Fruit of My Lipstick (All About Us, #2)
  • Me, Just Different (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #1)
  • Rally 'Round Green (Green #4)
  • Maggie Come Lately (The Pathway Collection, #1)
  • Around the World in 80 Dates: Confessions of a Christian Serial Dater
  • It's Not About Me (Second Glances, #1)
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi...more
More about Melody Carlson...
Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1) Dark Blue: Color Me Lonely (TrueColors, #1) Christmas at Harrington's Blade Silver: Color Me Scarred (TrueColors, #7) It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)