Start by marking “Be the Person You Want to Find: Relationship and Self-Discovery” as Want to Read:
Be the Person You Want to Find: Relationship and Self-Discovery

Be the Person You Want to Find: Relationship and Self-Discovery

This guide to self-discovery through intimate relationships offers a spiritual perspective on healing childhood wounds and destructive patterns that are learned early on and later cause relationship dysfunction in adulthood.
Published September 1st 1997 by Keep It Simple Books

To ask other readers questions about Be the Person You Want to Find, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be the Person You Want to Find

Phoebe
Aug 22, 2007 Phoebe rated it it was amazing
This is a simple, beautiful workbook about self and relationships. It's often funny, yet there are passages from it that have stayed with me over the years... especially stuff about childhood. I recommend to anyone who wants to undersand himself and his responses to external events better.
Janelle
Jul 22, 2007 Janelle rated it it was amazing
Life changing book for me.
Ellen Keener
Apr 14, 2015 Ellen Keener rated it really liked it
Very worth while thought provoking read for anyone. Wise and practical.
Julie
Jun 03, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
The power is in the simplicity. Great read!
Ayana Mishelle
I read this book .I have this book. This book is about loving yourself just the way you are. it gives tools for self forgiveness and acceptance. I think now i actually am the person I want to find !!! I have flaws and things that I definitely could stand a lot of improvement but I am loved, loving , lovable and capable of forgiving myself and others. This book is simply written the font is very unsual for a book. You wil be the Person you want to find whether you are in a relationship or not. th ...more
Danielle Loosbrock
Jan 15, 2013 Danielle Loosbrock rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. It was a great book for exactly the right time in my life. It helped me heal from a relationship that had just ended and I started to recognize my own dysfunctional patterns in relationships... things that held me back and weren't honest or fair to either of us. It was a quick, easy read that I found myself going back to time and time again. Definitely worth a read if you're ready for a positive change!
Sheryl
Feb 28, 2010 Sheryl rated it really liked it
This casual little book has tons of things to think about. I choose to read it on the suggestion of my daughter. She, my son and I were all reading it at the same time. This is a book you need to purchase, and re-read often. It takes awhile for Huber's perspective on conduct of life to sink in. It is not intuitive but it is worth the time you need to invest in the book to understanding it.
Erophili Kaparakes
Dec 11, 2012 Erophili Kaparakes rated it it was amazing
It was amazing! I learned that I shouldn't depend on anyone else to make me happy. It's all up to me to be the person I want to find. This book teaches me to take myself out of the conditioning I've learned as a child, and to live as an adult. This book is based on Zen, and I've learned so much! It's life changing for me and I recommend anyone read it...even if you have a significant other!
Jennifer Dobson
Nov 02, 2008 Jennifer Dobson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: spiritual
Hands down the best book I've ever read! Whether you're in a relationship (good or bad) or like me and still looking for someone, this book will teach you that being in the moment (zen) is the key to attracting the kind of relationship(s) you want. Easy and delightful read; conversational tone; excellent examples anyone can relate to.
Luminea
Dec 28, 2012 Luminea rated it really liked it
This book really made me think. It doesn't offer easy to follow instructions that give a quick fix...but it does prompt you to embark on an ongoing journey of self-awareness and discovery that will lead to much growth and positive change in the long run if you stick with the process.
Kayleigh
Apr 01, 2009 Kayleigh rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
It would have been a better book if I actually had some issues with relationships. (at least, I don't have enough issues that I needed this book.) However, I'm interested to read more of her books-maybe I'll find one that's more applicative to me.
Sandra
Feb 27, 2013 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Best book on all kinds of relationships. If you are married, have a girl friend/boy friend/lover, read it. Get a copy for your lover or read it together. It will change your life. Best book by Cheri Huber on relationships.
Coyora Dokusho
Nov 12, 2014 Coyora Dokusho rated it it was amazing
Really helpful book. Useful for applying mindfulness techniques to everyday situations and really looking at the psychology of it all. Passed it on to my boss at work XD
Heidi
Sep 27, 2008 Heidi rated it it was amazing
anyone interested in a better reationship with any other person in your life will appreciate this ...i heart cheri huber
Michelle
May 27, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Transformative, life changing! You could spend a life-time integrating this wisdom into your life!
Kelly
Sep 05, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Everyone should give this book a shot. I think it has the power to improve so many lives.
Debbie Legare
Jun 27, 2012 Debbie Legare rated it it was amazing
What a neat book!! I really enjoyed this book and learned a lot from it.
Dani
Aug 19, 2008 Dani marked it as to-read
I'm waiting for this book to come in from Amazon.
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Cindy Kershaw
Cindy Kershaw marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Paul Doan
Paul Doan marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Austin Lewis
Austin Lewis rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Monchel
Monchel marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Ngun
Ngun marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Viola
Viola added it
Aug 24, 2016
Lilly
Lilly rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
  • Visual Journaling: Going Deeper than Words
  • Power Thoughts
  • Heart of Wisdom: The Essential Wisdom Teachings of Buddha
  • Don't Let Your Emotions Run Your Life for Teens: Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills for Helping Teens Manage Mood Swings, Control Angry Outbursts, an
  • Journalution: Journal Writing to Awaken Your Inner Voice, Heal Your Life, and Manifest Your Dreams
  • The Zen Path Through Depression
  • The Five Things We Cannot Change: And the Happiness We Find by Embracing Them
  • Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Turning the Ordinary into the Extraordinary
  • Receiving Love: Transform Your Relationship by Letting Yourself Be Loved
  • The Emotionally Absent Mother: A Guide to Self-Healing and Getting the Love You Missed
  • Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-Committment
  • Buddhism for Beginners: A Complete Course on the Heart of the Buddha's Teachings
  • The Art of Doing Nothing: Simple Ways to Make Time for Yourself
  • Change Your Life Without Getting Out of Bed: The Ultimate Nap Book
  • Secrets of Simplicity
  • The Survivor's Guide to Sex: How to Create Your Own Empowered Sexuality After Childhood Sexual Abuse
  • A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last