Start by marking “Nightmare Child” as Want to Read:
Nightmare Child

Nightmare Child

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Published August 1st 1990 by St. Martin's Press (first published July 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Nightmare Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightmare Child

Maybe it doesn't take much to impress me, but this book was pretty damn awesome. It was short but I felt like all the bases were covered. The characters were likeable, it was intense, and the ending was perfect. I really had no idea what was going on til the end and even then I found the ending surprising. I don't want to give away what Nightmare Child means but it definitely goes beyond a child's revenge for being murdered by her own sister. Pick this up! You won't regret it!
Nightmare Child was a surprisingly good little suspense/horror read. I was fully expecting to loathe Jeff and Mindy, but there was something humanizing about them, murderers or no. I generally don't like books with an unlikable cast. Cujo comes to kind, in this regard. I hated every character but the dog, and was thrilled when I finally finished, glad to never have to read another word about that pack of jackasses ever again. Now, don't get me wrong, the McCay's are not Good People, but they're ...more
Rebecca McNutt
Good book, but really generic and very short, hard to really get into. I've read a lot of books extremely similar to it, it's superficially appealing but doesn't have a lot in substance.
William Malmborg
This was a good one. Nice fast read that took a direction I wasn't fully expecting. Having now read two books by 'Daniel Ransom' (this one and Daddy's Little Girl) I'm hooked. His horror titles are now a must have for my bookshelf.
Jayne Lamb
Jayne Lamb marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Kirstin marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
DJMikeG marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Lori J Ogle
Lori J Ogle marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Dakota Quinn
Dakota Quinn marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Nayeli added it
Nov 03, 2012
Stacy added it
Nov 04, 2012
Melissa Helwig
Melissa Helwig marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Ken marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2011