Start by marking “The Underground Stream” as Want to Read:
The Underground Stream

The Underground Stream

A Manhattan copywriter struggling to recover from a nervous breakdown and failed romance, Gail Loring seeks the peace of quiet Hampton Harbor, Long Island, only to find herself traveling back through time into a world of terror and torment. Reprint. PW. K.
Published October 1st 1991 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Underground Stream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Underground Stream

Linda
I started to read Ms. Johnston's books back in the late 1970's and early 1980's. The Late Mrs. Fonsill, The People From the Sea, The Stone Maiden and The Light in the Swamp come to mind. A dash of romance, some light suspense, and enough of a plot that you would need closure. Think 'contemporary gothic' and you have an idea of how she writes. I scarfed up her books.

Years went by with many new authors and my taste in genres expanded. So it was a surprise to run across her name and a book I have n
Christine Honsinger
I was really impressed with this first Velda Johnston read for me...it will not be the last! I felt like I was gulping down the last pages of the novel in anticipation of what was to come. I think this book is a quick and easy read for anyone that likes romantic suspense.
Lori Shafer
Apr 25, 2015 Lori Shafer rated it it was amazing
I read this book years ago. In fact, I can't tell you how long ago it was. It is one of my favorite books of all time. I am not sure why this story spoke to me, but it did. There is something about this particular book just stays with me. I just never have tired of it.
Jean
Jun 27, 2015 Jean rated it it was amazing
A story with it all - Crime, Ghosts, Spells, Disastrous Affair - A new place to live with lots of history to research & ends with romance. I found this to be a very interesting book, some may find it so unbelievable it would not interest them! Worth reading!
Michal
Dec 10, 2015 Michal rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful read! The man character is fascinated by the stories of her ancestors. Creepy things happen as she slips between times and sees the world through one of her ancestors eyes. Deliciously creepy and atmospheric with a bit of romance mixed in. My favorite type of read!
Cindy
Feb 06, 2012 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
I got into this book right from the start. It was a very quick read and though sometimes seemed a little rushed, I still really enjoyed it.
Kcastro
Nov 13, 2010 Kcastro rated it really liked it
Quick fun read.
Darlene Roth
Darlene Roth rated it did not like it
Nov 14, 2014
Maggie61
Maggie61 rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2010
Linda B
Linda B rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2010
Gail
Gail rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2008
Snowy_Cat
Snowy_Cat rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2017
Sonic Banana
Sonic Banana rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2009
Nicole McCann
Nicole McCann rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2011
Naomi Carlin
Naomi Carlin rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Orangegal
Orangegal rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2010
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
May 31, 2011
Karla
Karla rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2017
Tracy Moran
Tracy Moran rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2011
Mj
Mj rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2010
Karen
Karen rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2012
Kelly Groves
Kelly Groves rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2010
Joan
Joan rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2010
Dianne Davies
Dianne Davies rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Velda Johnston was a writer of romantic suspense. She also wrote under the pseudonym 'Veronica Jason'.
More about Velda Johnston...