Monkey vs. Robot and the Crystal of Power

Monkey vs. Robot and the Crystal of Power (Monkey vs. Robot )

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This thought-provoking story is told almost completely without words, relying on Kochalka's expressive illustrations of the title characters. For all the book's humorous and charming appearance, beneath the entertaining veneer lies a stirring examination of the dual nature of existence, the dichotomy within the human mind, and our profound effect on the ecological environm...more
Published May 26th 2003 by Top Shelf Productions

To ask other readers questions about Monkey vs. Robot and the Crystal of Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monkey vs. Robot and the Crystal of Power

Megan
cute and then brutal and then more brutal.
Wes Young
It would seem that the theme of the Monkey vs. Robot series would be Nature vs. Science. Sadly, if you hope to get an answer from Mr. Kochalka, you will be mistaken. That age-old saying "it'll all end in tears" has never been more apropos. This novel is extremely graphic, too. And Hopeless.
Jacob
Public library copy. Notes: published in neat purple ink, hardly any words to read, but my enjoyment of the book soured solely with its weak ending. Too bad, it was great till The End.
Coral
I didn't find quite the deep meaning in this that the description implies. Nor was the art quite as expressive. But I didn't feel like my fifteen minutes were wasted, either.
Chad
A bit more violent than expected and themes were grand but looked simple. Probably meant for 10 year olds rather than the 7 year olds it might look appealing to.
John
OK, This is what I expect in a graphic novel, I actually know the backstory and plot, yet a little graphic and violent. So, not exactly my type, but okay.
Denisse Valdenegro
No era necesaria esta continuación.
No me gustó que los monos hablaran.
Rayb
Rayb added it
May 13, 2014
Eric
Eric added it
Mar 03, 2014
Elizabeth Johnson
Elizabeth Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Ben
Ben added it
Sep 01, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
James Kochalka is an American comic book artist and writer, and rock musician. His comics are noted for their blending of the real and the surreal. Largely autobiographical, Kochalka's cartoon expression of the world around him includes such real-life characters as his wife, children, cat, friends and colleagues, but always filtered through his own observations and flights of whimsy. In March 2011...more
More about James Kochalka...
American Elf: The Collected Sketchbook Diaries, Vol. 1 American Elf: The Collected Sketchbook Diaries, Vol. 2 Monkey vs. Robot Peanutbutter & Jeremy's Best Book Ever! Johnny Boo: The Best Little Ghost in the World