Start by marking “Frosty The Snow Man (A Little Golden Book)” as Want to Read:
Frosty The Snow Man (A Little Golden Book)

Frosty The Snow Man (A Little Golden Book)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  13,802 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Written and illustrated by some of the best children's book authors and artist,Little Golden Books are known by their gold-foil binding and by the pleasure they bring to children.
Published 1951 by Golden Books (first published 1950)

To ask other readers questions about Frosty The Snow Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frosty The Snow Man

Amy
Frosty The Snow Man, by Annie Bedford, illustrated by Corinne Malvern, published by Golden Press, publication date: 1987.

This is a children's fantasy book. All the children are out of school for a snow day. The children form three snow balls to form the body and head of a snow man. They give it the name Frosty the Snow Man. The children give Frosty a button nose, corncob pipe, two coals for eyes, floppy galoshes, a scarf, and red mittens to complete his design. All of a sudden, a gust of wind br
Thurston
i wish i still had this....i believe i colored it as i child...not sure i actually read it, but i know i had this same edition in my early years : )
Kimberly Yoghourtjian
A classic children's book that has been passed down through the generations---this fact alone attests to its timelessness.
Michelle
Ok, Frosty was drawn kinda creepy though...
Nicolas
I had this when I was a kid. It was fun to read again. Just a good simple tale.
Noelle Walsh
I loved this book when I was a kid. Even now I enjoy reading this on occasion. It's a sweet kids book about a magical snowman who helps kids have some wintry fun! A great book to read during the winter, especially at Christmas, and it would certainly be enjoyed!
Miri
Frosty the snowman comes to life one day and has a wonderful time playing with the children, disappearing when it becomes too warm, and promising to return.
Megan
Fun to read a book from my childhood to the kids. The library copy is old enough that it lacks a UPC symbol. Did not realize the song preceded the book and the movie.
Ann Marie
Great kindergarten - first grade read...this is an older version but the story is the same...the pictures are tight and classic and I feel they serve to get the listeners to focus more on the story where as the newer version I find they focus more on the pictures...it may just be me...
Kelsey Scherer
A fun and entertaining book to share with younger students. This is the story of Frosty the Snow Man and it is a fun way to have a relaxing and entertaining read aloud during a down time throughout the winter. A nice resource to have avaiable in the classroom.
Janet
This Little Golden Book was an absolute favorite of mine, growing up in the 1950's. I grew up in New England and it was very exciting waiting for a big snowfall. While waiting, we could always dream about Frosty.
HeavyReader
My sister and I had this in our (mostly Little Golden Book) library when we were kids. We read it all year long, but it was especially popular at Christmas time. That cover sure brings me back.
Beverly
The pictures have a very retro look of the kind found in basal readers that I read as a first-grader in the early 60s. The words are in story form rather than the lyrics of the famous song.
Kaylie Singleton
I think this is a story for children of all ages. This is a tale that we have heard since we were young. I think this would be a good book to incorporate into a class around Christmastime.
Tara
This is the edition that I had as a child. I don't remember seeing it since we moved. I'm going to have to look in our storage for all of these books I keep realizing are "missing".
Jennybug
I love this fun vintage book the artwork takes me back to when I was little. After reading the book, it makes me wan to go listen to the song.
Tricia (Bookscout) McCarthy
the illustration by Corinne Malvern takes me back 20+ years in moments. The story is fantastic but the artwork makes me want to step back in time.
Marita
Love the 50's illustrations and the little Golden book format from even my childhood in Finland we had little Golden books!
Lynn Gibbs
A nostalgic "Frosty" read with illustrations from the 50's life. What I remember of Frosty the snowman in my childhood.
Laura Elizabeth
Who doesn’t remember Frosty? As a kid, I had hundreds of Little Golden books, and this was always a fun one!
Bethany
Every Christmas I am excited to see this book as it comes out of the box. It is a great story, with great memories.
Scott Johanik
The instant classic Frosty the Snow Man is one of my favorite books to read around the Christmas season.
Emerald123
This book contained very pertaining information on a snowman that comes to life using a magical hat.
Angela King

A lovely story, again a story for an adult and a child to read together, and enjoy together.
Lauren
Such a sad tale, I didn't like this as a kid but it is a great story for winter.
Sonya
I loved it when I was a kid and now my son is enjoying it also!
Tracy Morton
If you like the tv special you will like the book.
Andrea Wilkinson
A classic childhood song in book form from my childhood!
Gwyn
One of my favorite childhood Christmas books.
quyển sách này thật hay 1 2 Nov 04, 2012 02:08AM
  • Santa's Toy Shop (Little Golden Book)
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • The Country Mouse and the City Mouse; The Fox and the Crow; The Dog and His Bone
  • The Three Bears
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
  • The Little Red Caboose
  • Sleeping Beauty: a Little Golden Book (Disney Princess)
  • Dumbo: A Little Golden Book
  • Baby Animals (A Little Golden Book)
  • Tootle
  • The Honey Tree (Little Golden Book)
  • Three Little Kittens
  • Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
  • The Gingerbread Man
  • The Lion King: A little Golden Book
The Jolly Barnyard Donald Duck's Toy Sailboat Scamp Peter Pan and Wendy (Little Golden Book) Walt Disney's Mary Poppins