Start by marking “The Mindful Woman: Gentle Practices for Restoring Calm, Finding Balance, and Opening Your Heart” as Want to Read:

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Imagine a day in which you can be in the midst of chaos but maintain a clear head and sense of balance and focus and have your feet firmly planted on the ground. Even the busiest of women among us has the ability to embrace mindfulness and will reap the benefits of doing so!

In this book, Sue Patton Thoele shows you how to incorporate mindfulness into your busy and dynamic
Published April 1st 2008 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Mindful Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mindful Woman

Kirsty
Dit boek kreeg ik ruim een jaar geleden aangereikt.
Nu ik er in lees begrijp ik de bedoeling. Het boek Pil van M.Bodde zal ik terugaanbieden.
Hier ga ik vast iets aan hebben, maar de timing was op dat moment nog niet zo goed.

Ik lees de vertaling, misschien is het origineel prettiger geschreven, maar ik betwijfel het.
het heeft mijn interesse gewekt en ik zal eens rondkijken naar een boek met dit onderwerp, maar ik vind dit boek heel onprettig geschreven, heb moeite me er doorheen te worstelen.
Sandra Schock
For those of you looking for practical ideas about how to become more mindful in everyday life and try to live more in the present this book is for you. In fact there are almost too many suggestions and I may re-read it and pick a handful to focus on. I think it is best read one "practice" a day (or less often) rather than reading more at a time. (Each practice is a few pages of reading).
Tracey
Really pleased with the beautiful lessons and practices within this book. Psychoanalyst Patton Thoele doesn't spit out "The Secret" nonsense. She helps you find the power to redirect your thinking and stay on the journey of mindfulness.

Because it's a journey, not a destination. This book will stay by my bedside to pick up whenever I need a reminder.
Roniq
Oct 11, 2011 Roniq rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those seeking mindfullness, stillness, a change of pace to a frenetic world
Great book on being mindful with a few short exercise after each chapter.Things we all have learned about and know I'm sure but it's just great to get a shot of inspiration via a new spin. An interesting part for me was about being "Compassionately Detached". I had never heard this term and found it quite refreshing in it's meaning.
Lora
I bought this book on a whim at a women's spirituality conference I attended this fall. It is a book that I read through quickly and now it sits on the table next to my bed and at least once a week I dig in and try one of the practices.
Martha
Maybe I've read too many of these kinds of books, but this seemed like a superficial pastiche of self-help platitudes. I'd go straight to the sources, e.g., Kabat-Zinn and Pema Chodron among others whose books are deeper, better written, and appear to come out of long personal and professional experience.
Tobi
This would make a wonderful gift for any women that you know. It is written in short-do right now-chapters. It is specific on how women can use our inborn chacteristics to become more mindful and peaceful. If you're one of my women friends or relatives you just might get this for Xmas this year.
Terri
A wonderful guide for developing a practice of mindfulness - which is simply paying attention to where we are in the immediate moment. This book is written with the overextended, multitasking woman in mind! Full of simple suggestions and gentle practices....
Lisa
This book was an easy read, with lots of tidbits for thought. The intro and conclusion were about mindfulness, and the bulk of the book included short anecdotes with ideas of how to apply various mindful thinking strategies in your own life. I liked it!
Kathy
I mainly skimmed through this book, it didn't hold my interest very well but I wouldn't say it's a bad book. It contains practical advice with helpful exercises that serve as relevant reminders to any woman at any phase of life.
Advie
This was a wonderful book for searching into self, soul, religion, and not just for women. The author speaks of many religious not just one in specific. Many topics covered. Good for reflection and spiritual searching.
Carol Rodi
Due to circumstances that I have no control over I am near the end of myself in regards to too much stress...this little book is helping me to restore...or at best at least guide me gently on the path to some calm...
Yuki
It's an introductory book and offers little if any original advice I hadn't read elsewhere. It also didn't feel specifically catered to women... I read about half and was ready to quit reading.
Chris
Excellent book written for any woman who wants to experience greater peace and serenity. I love the author's concise writing style and her insights into everyday challenges.
Ruth
Very common sense approach that every woman should try to employ. I am already seeing positive results for myself. A great gift for family and friends in your life.
Maret
This is a wonderful & inspiring collection of ideas, stories & lessons that have really helped me stay calm, enjoy the simple things in life and become more mindful.
Tracy
I liked this. Very practical ways of trying to incorporate mindfulness into your life.
Amy
mindfulness is a goal of mine- some good exercises in here
Theresa
Part of my mindful living project.
Karen
Would buy a copy of this one.
Dianne
Reading with my sisters!
Wendi Lynn Mitchell
Wendi Lynn Mitchell is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2015
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Carissa Hill
Carissa Hill marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
kimberly blake
kimberly blake marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Sheena
Sheena marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Goddesses in Older Women: Archetypes in Women over Fifty
  • Imagine a Woman in Love with Herself: Embracing Your Wisdom and Wholeness
  • Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
  • Spirited: Connect to the Guides All Around You
  • Jewish Meditation: A Practical Guide
  • Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day
  • The Translucent Revolution: How People Just Like You Are Waking Up and Changing the World
  • How to Heal Toxic Thoughts: Simple Tools for Personal Transformation
  • DailyOM: Inspirational Thoughts for a Happy, Healthy, and Fulfilling Day
  • Every Word Has Power: Switch on Your Language and Turn on Your Life
  • This Light in Oneself
  • The Creative Call: An Artist's Response to the Way of the Spirit
  • Queen of Your Own Life: The Grown-Up Woman's Guide to Claiming Happiness and Getting the Life You Deserve
  • The Call of Service
  • Grandmothers Counsel the World: Women Elders Offer Their Vision for Our Planet
  • Experience Your Good Now!: Learning to Use Affirmations
  • The Art of Imperfection: Simple Ways to Make Peace with Yourself
  • A Little Light on the Spiritual Laws
Courage to Be Yourself: A Woman's Guide to Emotional Strength and Self-Esteem The Woman's Book of Courage: Meditations for Empowerment and Peace of Mind The Woman's Book of Confidence: Meditations for Strength & Inspiration The Courage to Be a Stepmom: Finding Your Place Without Losing Yourself The Women's Book of Soul: Meditations for Courage, Confidence & Spirit