Start by marking “The Pregnancy Countdown Book” as Want to Read:
The Pregnancy Countdown Book

The Pregnancy Countdown Book

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  223 ratings  ·  44 reviews
A Page-A-Day Countdown To The Birth Of Your Baby!

The average pregnancy lasts 280 days—and the suspense can be excruciating! The Pregnancy Countdown Book counts down the biggest milestones every step of the way, with one page of helpful information for each day of your pregnancy. Here are tips from doctors and mothers, amusing anecdotes and quotes, and all of the uncensor
Published March 1st 2006 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about The Pregnancy Countdown Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pregnancy Countdown Book

Oct 01, 2015 Dana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Overwhelmed ftm's/Casual Readers
Current pregnancy countdown: 7 days to go!

I enjoyed this cute little pregnancy book and felt that it was a good non-overwhelming alternative to the hefty bible sized pregnancy/baby books that I often see crowding the shelves at most bookstores.

I think the big books are great if you have a lot of time or don't have regular internet access, but for me between this book and I did not feel like I was lacking in information at all.

I would add the weekly updates from babycenter to thi
Probably best for first time moms, but still a quick fun read.
Ginny Pennekamp
About a month into my pregnancy, my friend Janeesa loaned me this book and said it was the only book that helped her get through it. Just so you know, it's a tiny book, as many pages as days, with little tips from other women, and stories and advice and a few things from doctors.

There was just about enough info in this book to keep me positively informed, and also it felt more like a conversation with a friend. This book knew ho
Asha Carlos
Full of practical tips, useful advice and uncensored truths, The Pregnant Countdown Book is a light-hearted read which is presented in a perfect compact size. Since the average pregnancy lasts for 280 days, Magee, the author together with the help of Dr Nakisbendi, a board-certified obstetrician, gynaecologist and nutrition specialist have listed down in simple but comprehensive breakdown of each milestone for every day of your pregnancy.

Each week is then further segregated to different paragrap
So far this book has been a handy little pocket guide to letting me know roughly what's going on in my body, which as a first timer is very much appreciated.
There is a lot of useful information in here as well as some humor to lighten your mood a little.
This book takes you through day by day and week by week of the babies development, the changes you will be experiencing in your body as well as Common worries and fears most women experience during certain stages. There are also some helpful hi
Starting on day 280, this book counts down to "ground zero" of pregnancy, with each day getting its own page of information.

I originally got this book because I liked the organization of each day having its own information. I'm detail oriented and like to know what's going on! But as you can imagine, it gets hard thinking of new things to say every day, and as a result, some weeks have better info than others. One day has "TV Shows Not to Watch While Pregnant". Meh. I have other books in my poss
I got this book as a gift and I loved it. I wish I would have had it from the moment I knew I was pregnant. I think I got it during my second trimester. When I read through the first trimester, I laughed a lot because I had definitely experienced most of it. It was nice to read about pregnancy every day since I didn't know what to expect. (Although I admit I'd read the whole week at a time.) Anyway, it was lightly helpful, lightly informative, and heavily relatable. I am going to get this book f ...more
Aug 05, 2008 Jody rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: first time moms
I started off with this book when I found out I was pregnant. I really enjoyed this one because it is easy to read, has honest information and advice from real moms, and unlike almost all the other pregnancy books I read, it didn't concentrate so much on EVERYTHING that can go wrong. It was a lot more upbeat and my husband and I looked forward to reading it every week. The layout with the days countdown at the top of every page also made it easy to go back and reference. I definitely recommend t ...more
This book is filled with useful facts and brief anecdotes about pregnancy and is arranged as a countdown to baby, so you can read is as you experience it. I found it very helpful and reassuring that all the crazy stuff happening to my body was in fact completely normal...and maybe not as bad as some others, and I wasn't overloaded with boring reading....short and to the point went well with my diminished attention span (another side effect of my pregnancy).
This book is very informative and helpful. I keep skipping ahead, though, and having to wait wait wait. I feel like I've been on Day 212 (days until birth) forever but in reality, I'm not actually quite there yet. I zoomed through the pages of the first 7 weeks of pregnancy because I didn't know I was pregnant until I thought I was 7 weeks along...but then at 10 weeks I found out I was really 8 weeks. What a gyp!!
This book is great and tells you about lots of little stuff along the way that will happen in pregnancy. I discovered this at the beginning on my 2nd trimester and was dissapointed I hadn't had it sooner!
There are so many little things that happen along the way as your body changes and reacts - it's good to know that a reference like this is out there (with a little added humor too!)
This is a light-hearted yet informative countdown to the big day! I enjoyed reading this book throughout my pregnancy. It seemed to make the weeks go by faster for me, especially in the beginning. I highly recommend it. It was one of the best pregnancy books I read, but it's not a heavy, formal read if that's what you're looking for.
Erin Riggio
A really fun and irreverent guide. The author seemed to know exactly what I was going through during each week of my pregnancy. I'd recommend this to any pregnant woman. As a bonus, read it out loud with your partner. We had a great time laughing and crying (on my part) about all the ups and downs of pregnancy.
I admit--I read ahead. This book has one page for every day of your pregnancy. I'm still pregnant, but I finished the book. It was fun and sometimes entertaining, although I have to say that most of the information was redundant of all the other books/websites I've been following throughout my pregnancy.
My husband and I really enjoyed reading this together each night throughout our pregnancy. Each daily entry has advice or quotes from moms, as well as a short blurb about baby's development or mom's symptoms, etc. Definitely recommend to all first time moms (and dads)!
Easy, quick tidbits. There's nothing overly eye-opening in it, but it is a light-hearted approach to telling you what's going on or what you should be putting on your to do list. And it's always fun to have a countdown...even though I read it in a matter of a couple of days.
This is a very fun book that I kept by the side of my bed and read every night with Steve. It has a daily blurb about important information without giving too much information. Some of it is laugh out loud funny and very accurate. A must have for pregnancy.
I read this book when I was an intern at Quirk. It was my very first proofreading experience, and it was a fascinating, funny read. I had about 3 pregnant friends at the time, so it was quite eye-opening! Recommend as a lighthearted, casual, yet informative gift.
Apr 20, 2014 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
I'm normally not a smartphone-savvy "there's an app for that!" type of person, but in the case of daily pregnancy countdowns, I really DO prefer an app over a physical book. That said, if you do want a book, this one is pretty cute and well-executed.
A friend sent me this book and I started reading it right away. It is very easy to read (one page per day), has truthful, practical advice, and doesn't take things too seriously. I liked it a lot better than "What to Expect When You're Expecting."
Light reading about pregnancy following a day by day format. Not very substantial, but there are some nice things to know in it. Definitely no substitute for the weightier books, but it's nice to read.
I kept this book out of the library practically the whole time I was pregnant. It was almost always spot-on with what I was going through. Not too crunchy but not too foofy. This is a great book.
Must say that this is one of the absolute must-haves for any expecting mother! I loved this book, it was candid, it was honest, it was fun, and it was hilarious! highly recommend!
I am loving this! It is hilarious, so there's something that makes me laugh each day. It is a quick read, not extremely time consuming and fun. A perfect companion to pregnancy.
Natalie Alexander
This was a cute book. It had a lot of good info, and written in a way that makes you laugh out loud. I would recommend this book to expecting moms.
Great little book with quick facts for each day of pregnancy.. I wouldn't choose it as the ONLY pregnancy book to read but it's definitely fun!
Loved this book! Was so fun to read something new each day about the progress of my pregnancy. Plus it was hilarious! Great read.
Good for overall information, not for specifics. But gives you an overview and helps lighten your mood about the rough parts of pregnancy.
Emily Thayer
What a great and exciting book to read throughout my pregnancy!! So full of interesting facts and lovely quotes from other moms
Great, fun book to read while you are pregnant. Give this as a gift to your pregnant friends!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Great Expectations: Your All-In-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirth
  • The Wholesome Baby Food Guide: Over 150 Easy, Delicious, and Healthy Recipes from Purees to Solids
  • The Mother of all Pregnancy Books
  • Baby Sign Language Basics: Early Communication for Hearing Babies and Toddlers
  • The Complete Organic Pregnancy
  • Your Child's Self-Esteem: Step-by-Step Guidelines for Raising Responsible, Productive, Happy Children
  • Pregnancy Day by Day: An Illustrated Daily Countdown to Motherhood, from Conception to Childbirth and Beyond
  • Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
  • Plug Your Book: Online Book Marketing for Authors, Book Publicity Through Social Networking
  • 100,000 + Baby Names:The Most Complete Baby Name Book
  • Sleeping Through the Night: How Infants, Toddlers, and Their Parents Can Get a Good Night's Sleep
  • The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret To Calm And Confident Parenting
  • Zero to Five: 70 Essential Parenting Tips Based on Science (and What I've Learned So Far)
  • Raising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Care
  • The World According to Mimi Smartypants
  • Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering: The Wisdom and Science of Gentle Choices in Pregnancy, Birth, and Parenting
  • After the Rice