Start by marking “Kiss of a Dark Moon (Moon Chasers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of a Dark Moon (Moon Chasers, #2)

Kiss of a Dark Moon (Moon Chasers #2)

LOVE AND LET DIE...

After a savage lycan attack destroyed her parents, Kit March has ignored the rules saying only men can be hunters and dedicated her life to destroying lycans. Her profession is hell on her love life, but she's been resigned to the lack of romance until she meets sinfully sexy European werewolf hunter Rafe Santiago. Unfortunately, Rafe is a man with a m
Published September 30th 2008 by Pocket Books (first published September 24th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of a Dark Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of a Dark Moon

Christine
Jan 05, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
AND WHAT A KISS IT IS!

I read the first book by Ms. Kohler called Marked by Moonlight and could not get into it until toward the middle of the book. It took her a while to get the story going for me and I was not all that sympathetic to the male hero Gideon but I loved Claire. This book however suffers no such slow start. Kit March is introduced in MBM as Gideon's sister and in that book she seemed more of an annoyance to him. So much so that at times even he did not seem to want to take time for
Lacy
3.5 stars This one gets off to a a good start. The action scenes were very good and the romance steamy and intense. The story had interesting twists and developments. Rafe was intense and mysterious with incredible restraint and patience and a great match for Kit. There were times when I wasn't so sure she was a good match for him, however.

Kit was a mule-headed, frustrating, sometimes irritating heroine who didn't spend enough time thinking before acting or talking, which affected my enjoyment o
Lynde Shaw
Feb 27, 2015 Lynde Shaw rated it really liked it
Great book. Kept you guessing and had a great surprise twist. Kit and Rafe were great characters with depth and raw emotion. I enjoyed their relationship growth and would highly recommend this second book in what's becoming one of my favorite series.
Paranormal Romance
The heroine has devoted herself to the life of killing Lycans. It's ease to obsess over a thankless and high risk job when one has known little to no love or affection for their entire life as is the heroine's case. With only her brother-who has married and carried on with his own life- and a grandmother who honestly could care less if the heroine lived or died, she doesn't know human connections. But life is lonely and she's beginning to wonder why these feelings of longing are suddenly creepin ...more
Saly
Mar 28, 2011 Saly rated it really liked it
☂ ℬrandi
3.5+

I read this series out of order but I'd recommend you do not. This one is easily my favorite but I think my opinion of the series as a whole would be much higher had I read them in order.

Two years after book #2 ends, we again meet Gideon's, 26 year old rogue Lycan huntress Kit March. Copper (head of NODEAL - National Organization Against Ancient and Evolving Lycanthropes) and Gideon have lessened their resistance to Kit hunting even though it's strictly against the rules. Still she's not a s
Once Upon a Twilight
Aug 01, 2011 Once Upon a Twilight rated it really liked it
2nd Book of the Moon Chasers Series, a paranormal/romance. Kit became a rogue Lycan hunter, after her mother was infected and killed her Dad and she swore to avenge them. She is definitely non-conforming to the requirements and rules of the NODEAL, the agency in charge of eliminating the Lycans, women are not allowed to be hunters. Out in one her hunting trip, she finds out that someone besides the Lycans is trying to get rid of her. A special agent from the American Branch of the European Feder ...more
Denni
Nov 13, 2008 Denni rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any PnR fan
Do you know the feeling when you start a new series you really like, then wait months for the second book...then second guess if it's as good as you remeber and will the sequil be any good at all? Will all your anticipation end in a dud after a one book wonder? The Moon Chasers series by Sharie Kohler is NO disappointment!!

The series continues with Kit's story (Gideon's sister). Fast paced, lots of action, and just enough POV from both hero and heroine. Heroine borders on too angsty and stubborn
Darcy
Jan 26, 2010 Darcy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, pnr, shifters
I did like this book better than the first one. Kit is a tough girl, but I have to admit she did drive me nuts too. She really thinks that she can do it all on her own and doesn't need anyone. I also found it odd that she was jealous of Clare and Gideon. Her dream was for a family like the Walton's, so why would she begrudge someone their happiness and why would she not want a big extended family.

I found Rafe to be intriguing right from the start. I was glad that we got to know his background.
Stevie
Jul 21, 2009 Stevie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal romance slight erotica lovers
Recommended to Stevie by: the first book in the series
I like this book very much. The characters were strong and the plot was definite. There was action, suspense and serious steam. I really enjoyed Rafe, he was a fantasy that came alive in this story. This one was as good as the first one, and if there were another, I would absolutely read it. I like Kohler's style and intensity. I wish Kit's character would have made a more gradual transition to Rafe, I would have like to see her weakened more obviously to him and not so hurtful. It could have be ...more
Steph
Nov 09, 2009 Steph rated it really liked it
In book 2, Kiss of a Dark Moon, we find Kit, Gideon's sister being hunted by Rafe, one of the European Federation of Lycan Agents. She thinks it's because she and her brother are rogue lycan hunters. Rafe is a hot half-breed on a mission to save, not destroy, as ordered.

Looking forward to book 3, To Crave a Blood Moon and learning more about Rafe's twin, Sebastian.
Mojca
I gave this series (and author) another shot thanks to a reading challenge. I should've known better, though.

Absolutely no improvement from the book that started it all, Marked by Moonlight.
The whole "I know I have to kill you, but I fell for you, and now I don't know what to do" angle has been worked over, through, and behind so many times it's not worth wasting my breath. And the author failed in finding a new and different spin on it.

Needless to say I won't be going back for thirds.
Cozen
I was first surprised to find that this author is the same one Sophia Jordan. Idid enjoy a few of her other books so I was happy to give this one a try. The only issues I had from this was a few plot wholes. The main one from the tracking device. I get that it was the necklace, from her Mother? OrJack? But my main confusion was, didn't it get left behind at that first rat trap hotel. Rafe only took her bed sheet and nothing else. How could they track her at a cabin or at that restaurant if she h ...more
LouLou
Oct 01, 2012 LouLou rated it really liked it
Great read. Much better than the first book, and I liked the first. This book had a great leading man, Rafe, and a twist!!!! Yes Kids Rafe has a secret, also, Kit March, I not who would exspect her to be. Hummmm, I wonder who she is? The only issue I had with this book was Kit, wow how hard headed can you be? Also the end seemed a little rushed, but not so much that it took away from the plot or the action, lots of action...looking forward to reading the next one, already DL'd the sample, keep y ...more
Purr More
I've really enjoyed the first two books in this series. I think it tends to fly under the radar. The lycans in this series are different in that they aren't the I'm-really-a-good-guy-in-bad-guy's-clothing (fur?). They are actually the bad guy -- bloodthirsty killers...well, sort of. There are some exceptions to the rule of course! The third book in this series is called To Crave a Blood Moon and I look forward to reading it.
Ashley Jackson
Aug 28, 2012 Ashley Jackson rated it liked it
The second in the series is a much better read in my opinion. I find the characters believable and likable. A good paranormal romance, heavy on the romance. On a side note, I do not feel as if these books have to be read in order, or even together. There is a short back story about the first book provided, and I feel it is sufficient enough to stave of confusion while reading. A definite re-read for me.
Sheridan
Mar 24, 2009 Sheridan rated it liked it
I'm going to say that this sequel was nothing like the first of the series. I was eagerly anticipating it and finally read it last week and was kind of disappointed. Granted, I may need to reread the first to get my enthusiasm pumping again, but as of right now I'll give it an "okay" rating. I didn't salivate over the male lead like I would for a K.Moning book and to be honest Kit was kind of irritating and obnoxious. It was an okay read, no more no less.
Sally
Sep 11, 2009 Sally rated it liked it
How wonderful to find another writer I enjoy reading.
Kiss of a Dark Moon, by Sharie Kohler, is a paranormal romance/adventure, which is enjoyable and with likeable characters. Werewolves and dovenatu - a new category of paranormal being for us to learn about. Should be an interesting series.

Not the best I've read, but certainly not unpleasant or boring and one I'll be happy to pursue to see where it leads..
Lisa M
Sep 19, 2011 Lisa M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this series a second chance and was pleasantly surprised with the plot. However, the author keeps me wondering things like "Where did she get a gun?" and "When did he tell her that?" Not good. I'm not sure I'm going to give the series a third chance, even though I gave this book 4*s for the plot.
Mel
I adored the hero, but the heroine, Kit, drove me crazy. I had to take a break from reading this book because Kit's negativity and reluctance to grow from life experiences was simply irritating. The hero, Rafe, reminds me of a sleek, Bond super spy type but with a caring heart. The plot of the book is worth 4 out of 5 stars but Kit's refusal to change ruined the book for me.
DemonKitty003
Dec 13, 2010 DemonKitty003 rated it liked it
Kit and Rafe where okay characters. However, I didn't like the fact how Kit was changed and the epilogue didn't need to be in there. Should have just left the ending with chapter 30. That's just my opinion about this. Hope the next book can bring things up.
Feb 22, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
This book was better than the first! Tons of action and the plot has taken some interesting twists. I was thinking that this series could be a good "break" in between some of my favorites or heavier books, but it is working it's way up the priority list!
Carolyn F.
Oct 26, 2010 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it
Another book I wrote that I enjoyed with a happy face. This used to be my way of saying this author was okay to buy for. I remember a little about the story but I mostly remember I liked it a lot.
Shawna
4 stars – Paranormal Romance

Very good second outing in the Moon Chasers series. I loved sexy dovenatu (half-breed human/lycan) Rafe and feisty lycan hunter Kit. The romance between Rafe and Kit sets off some serious fireworks. Another steamy read in the exciting Moon Chasers series!
Janet Santos
Jun 19, 2012 Janet Santos rated it really liked it
I dont mind this as a movie thriller!
Pamela
Nov 06, 2011 Pamela rated it liked it
Rated 3.5 Blue Ribbons
Lyn
Feb 04, 2011 Lyn rated it liked it
It was a good follow up from the first book of the series. It had much more angnst than I normally enjoy but it was a good read anyway.
Gina Hill
Gina Hill rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Elphaba
Elphaba rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2012
Kari Kostern
Kari Kostern rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2013
  • Dreamwalker
  • Crave The Moon (Nightcreature, #11)
  • Sexy Beast IV (Sexy Beast #4)
  • The Darkest Touch (Demon Hunters, #3)
  • Haunted by Your Touch  (Doomsday Brethren #3.5, Moon Chasers, #4.5)
  • Dark Succession (True Mates, #2)
  • Dragon Moon (Moon, #9)
  • Sins of the Flesh (Sin Hunters #1)
  • Blood Wolf Dawning (Bloodrunners, #7)
Pseudonym:
Sophie Jordan

Sharie Kohler took her adolescent dreaming one step further and penned her first story in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History. After several years teaching, Sharie decided it was time to pursue her long-held dream of writing.

She believes her decision to write paranormal romances stems from her long-sustai
More about Sharie Kohler...

Moon Chasers (6 books)
  • Marked by Moonlight (Moon Chasers, #1)
  • To Crave a Blood Moon (Moon Chasers, #3)
  • My Soul to Keep (Moon Chasers, #4)
  • Night Falls on the Wicked (Moon Chasers, #5)
  • A Soul So Wicked (Moon Chasers #6)