Start by marking “The Littlest Pilgrim” as Want to Read:
The Littlest Pilgrim

The Littlest Pilgrim

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  114 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A Thanksgiving story celebrating the gift of friendship!

Mini is the littlest Pilgrim in her village.
Too little to sew.
Too little to bake.
Too little to fish.

But she's not too little to make a friend.

Kirsten Richards' adorable art brings to life this Pilgrim friendship tale; perfect for Thanksgiving, or anytime!
Published October 1st 2008 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about The Littlest Pilgrim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Littlest Pilgrim

Angela
Nov 29, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story and would use it for a read aloud around Thanksgiving. What I really admired was how the reader finds out that young people have special skills and are important in society too. This little pilgrim was too young to do many of the things other pilgrims were doing, but she wasn't too young to make a friend.

Reading level: K-2
interest level: PreK-1
Alice
Dec 04, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
For my review I am stealing form another page. My review is that the story is cute and the pictures are nice! You are never to small to make a friend...

"Mini is the littlest Pilgrim in her village.
Too little to sew.
Too little to bake.
Too little to fish.

But she's not too little to make a friend."
Olivia
Feb 22, 2016 Olivia rated it it was amazing
I admit I read this many years ago to my daughter when she was a pre-schooler and we were looking for fun Thanksgiving picture books. It's a really sweet, mild story with cute illustrations.
Lyndsey Hurm
Nov 07, 2012 Lyndsey Hurm rated it really liked it
This is a really cute story about a little Pilgrim named Mini. She wants to help the adults out so bad but she keeps getting told that she is too little to help and becomes sad. Eventually she realizes that she is not too little to make a new friend when she meets one while picking berries. This is a great book to use during Thanksgiving time because young children can probably relate to this story. It can be used to teach the lesson that we should be thankful for friends and that we can always ...more
Kimberlydaniels
Nov 22, 2010 Kimberlydaniels rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 40-books
Genre: Historical Fiction Copyright: 2008

As I continue my Kindergarten theme, I really enjoyed reading this book! I love the idea that we can tell the story of thanksgiving from the littlest pilgrims point of view! Little Mini just wanted to help so bad and was so sad that she was pushed aside (as so many of my students can relate to). It has a happy ending though when she finds a confident in the littlest indian (native american)
Katie Plumley
Mini is the littlest of all the Pilgrims. She's too little to help out with anything in her village, but she's not too little to make a friend. She meets a little native American girl in the forest and becomes her friend.

* Making friends, building community, everyone pitching in, working together, being kind to friends
Vivian
Nov 24, 2010 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Our final story is about a little girl who wanted to help but was told by everyone she is too small. Finally she picks some berries and meets a woodland girl with whom to share them. She found she was not to little to make a friend.

Being kind is a friendly way to behave.
Kelci Cox-Griswold
Mini is the littlest pilgrim in her village. Everyone thinks that she is too little to help them. However, she is not too small to make a friend. This book would be a good book to show kids that you are never too small to make a friend.
Alyce Dougan
This story could be used for Pre-K or Kindergarten. The story is easy to follow and could be used for a theme on Pilgrims. The Littlest Pilgrim also teaches a lesson to children.
Mandy
Nov 09, 2013 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Mini is a little pilgrim with a big heart set on helping others. But sadly, she is always told she is too little to help. Will she find anything she is not too little to do?
Heather
Nov 02, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, thanksgiving
29 months - A read most little girls can relate too, being told you're too little to help. But, you're never too little to make a new friend.
Gwhitworth
Mar 27, 2009 Gwhitworth rated it really liked it
Trade book about a little pilgrim who is too small to help with many things, but she isn't too small to make a new friend
Trisha Stragand
This book is about a little girl who is too little to help with chores. However, she is not too little to make a friend.
Rima Halig
Apr 13, 2011 Rima Halig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holidays
Nice story about a small pilgrim who is trying to do big things. Teaches students size doesnt matter.
Nov 30, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Very cute book about a little pilgrim girl who finds out that she has the most special thing to share.
Michelle
Nov 07, 2013 Michelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
The illustrations were kind of cute, but the story was really boring.
Miss Ryoko
Jan 29, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The illustrations are really very precious!
Brandee Evarts
Brandee Evarts rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
nicole l. ware
nicole l. ware rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Kristie Grider
Kristie Grider rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Kierstan Schwab
Kierstan Schwab marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
shirley collins
shirley collins marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Sarah added it
Jul 13, 2016
cristi dean
cristi dean rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
Kim Buechler
Kim Buechler rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
marsha toledo
marsha toledo rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
S. P.
S. P. rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Rachel Johnson
Rachel Johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin (with CD)
  • One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims