Start by marking “Reunion in Death (In Death, #14)” as Want to Read:
Reunion in Death (In Death, #14)

Reunion in Death (In Death #14)

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  19,086 Ratings  ·  547 Reviews
At exactly 7:30 p.m., Walter Pettibone arrived home to over a hundred friends and family shouting, "surprise!" It was his birthday. Although he had known about the planned event for weeks, the real surprise was yet to come. At 8:45 p.m., a woman with emerald eyes and red hair handed him a glass of champagne. One sip of birthday bubbly, and he was dead.

The woman's name is J
Audio CD , Unabridged, 12 pages
Published November 28th 2007 by Brilliance Audio (first published March 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Reunion in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reunion in Death

Phrynne
Jul 12, 2013 Phrynne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4000-books
Reunion in Death is, I think, one of the best books in the entire series. It certainly runs thought the entire gamut of emotions, from laughter at all the witty conversations to tears when Eve goes back to Dallas and faces some of her fears.
This is also one of the books where Roarke goes almost too far in the direction of controlling male. I always like to see him as perfect and he is most certainly not this time!
Amazing too that Roarke and Eve have only been married one year. An awful lot has h
Mo
Feb 12, 2017 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The bed was covered in a spread exploding with what she thought might have been poppies ...

There was one particular scene in this book that was heartbreaking. I cried for Eve ... and for Roarke, who cannot change the past.

Watching her, knowing he had no choice but to watch her live the nightmare, Roarke broke inside.

Roarke seems to be trying to ingratiate himself into her work life more and more ... I don't mind that. We get to see more of him. Eve, though, is not too pleased.

"Darling Eve."
Jilly
Apr 21, 2017 Jilly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I skipped this one when I read the series because I couldn't get it at the time, so reading this book was like going back in time in the series set in the future. And, I gotta say, this is one of those series that gets better as it goes on.

In this one we have a lady poisoning rich old men.

She's maybe taking this a little too literally.

Eve is going to get her, don't worry. She's a strong, powerful woman who is determined to kick this chick's ass because she's making it personal. And, all the men
♥Sharon♥
Mar 13, 2017 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fourteen books in and I am still LOVING everything about this series.

I LOVE that Roarke and Eve feel so real to me. Their love, their lives and all the challenges they face.

I LOVE each of the side characters and how they are developing. Peabody is my favorite right now. The ebb and flow of her and Eve’s relationship is just perfect. She is funny and sweet. Feeney, McNab, Mira, Summerset and Whitney continue to shine as well.

I LOVE that with each book there is no need for some big revelation or
Lisa Kay
★★★★★ Wow! How does this series just keep getting better and better? I usually listen to the audio, because Susan Ericksen does such an exceptional job with the narration, but I found myself “stranded” with only the paperback in hand.

So many memorable scenes with wonderfully developed characters in this one, even the cat, Galahad.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

REUNION IN DEATH is hands down the best book in the series. It could possibly be one of the best books I’ve ever read. I consider all the In Death books to be above most books in terms of writing and characters but with this book, Robb has really surpassed herself exponentially.

Robb takes a different approach to this book. We find out who the killer is early on, but in order to shut her down, we need to find the motive. As a birthday party becomes a murder scene, Eve Da
Poonam
This was an OK read. What draws me to this series is the futuristic aspect and the investigation interwoven with it!
But this book concentrated more on the personal aspect of Eve Dallas's life. There was too much info dump on her emotions and relations and I just felt like skipping all those chapters....

From the start we know who is the culprit. The book is all about Eve finding the killer to stop anymore killings and (view spoiler).

The ma
Jo
Loved it. Love this series. Yes, it's a police procedural (set in 2059), and she's a homicide cop and her cases are generally pretty convoluted and/or horrific. (And the bad gal in this case is evil!) But the reason I keep coming back in the ongoing development of the main characters. I love the development of Eve's (Dallas) & Roarke's marriage and their relationship to and with each other -- this book brings us to their first wedding anniversary. I love the love the continuing development o ...more
❆ Crystal ❆
3.5 stars for this installment in the In Death Series. The mystery and crime of this book was awesome, and I enjoyed it very much. I didn't enjoy that this book took another long look into the tragic and horribly events of the past when Dallas was 8. It's really the ONLY thing I don't like about this series and I appreciate the books where it just touches on the subject.... although I wish we could just be done with it and it doesn't have to play a part in each book.
Also, this book felt really
Lauren
Reunion in Death
4 Stars

In her latest case, Lieutenant Eve Dallas investigates the poisoning of a wealthy business man. After ruling out the obvious suspects, Eve realizes that the victim was targeted by a newly paroled prisoner - a killer that Eve was responsible for incarcerating. With vengeance in mind, the killer has set her sights on Eve and is determined to fulfill her deadly agenda.

The mystery in this installment is interesting, mainly due to the sociopathic nature of the villain who alwa
 Olivermagnus
This is the fourteenth book of the In Death series, set in 2059, and featuring Eve Dallas, a lieutenant in the New York Police Security Department. She and her husband, wealthy billionaire, Roarke, have just returned from a two week vacation. Eve is feeling more relaxed that we've ever seen her until she is assigned to the homicide of Walter Pettibone who was poisoned at his birthday party. After Eve eliminates all the obvious suspects like the trophy wife, the ex-wife, and the grown children, s ...more
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read - love the fight scene at the end especially, plus things get blown up a couple of times!

We meet Peabody's parents (and I really like their characters). My favourite female serial killer on the loose and then happily apprehended.

Two thumbs up and 5 stars (naturally)!

Purity in Death will have to wait a couple of days - just starting "Fatal Mistake" by Marie Force and liking it!
Breann
This might be my favorite in the series so far. The mystery was great. Julianna was seriously deranged and I couldn't wait for Eve to give her what she deserved.

I not only loved the mystery, but really every part of this book.

We got to meet Peabody's parents, who are just such a delight. Eve made huge steps in moving forward from her past. And there were some scenes between her and Roarke that brought me to tears.

Not to mention McNab and She-body! *dies*
Catherine
There were way too many misspellings and strange hyphenation in my Kindle edition. And even that couldn't take away my enjoyment with this installment. Number 14 is the best of the bunch so far, if you can believe that!
Mahlet
Wow! I'm inching my way up there! I see Robb's about to publish #40, but I remain undeterred :)

Some installments are very good, and some I just love. This book falls into the love category for me. Eve takes a trip to Dallas, TX and relives and confronts the childhood nightmare that has been haunting her and edging closer to the surface all year long. It's hard to make me cry, but Robb did it with this heart-wrenching scene.

Then we have Eve and Rourke's one year anniversary, and trust, he put AL
⚜Trea⚜
This was a rather interesting installment in the Eve Universe. She comes to a few understandings about her relationship with Roarke, and how to interact with families, as Peabody's family comes to town. The murder mystery was more of a black widow serial killer than anything else, so there were really no surprises there, but the chick fight at the end was pretty awesome! All in all, another enjoyable J.D. Robb book!
Elvan
Jun 07, 2013 Elvan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, audiobooks
Juliana remains my favourite female perp in the series. Nasty as she is, I like her smarts, her ingenuity and her ability to go toe to toe with Eve. Reunion marks the point in the series (for me at least) where Eve begins to close the circle and chapter on her childhood. Great book. One of my top five.
Reen
This is my favourite so far! Eve outwits her nemesis as usual but the scenes with Roarke in Dallas are heart-wrenching. The scenes with Peabody's parents and Eve's discomfort with ordinary situations is hilarious. It was nice to see that Eve did plan for their anniversary though. Looking forward to the next installment!
Paula
May 10, 2015 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Another one read, I'm getting there slowly.

As always another great Roarke & Eve book
Kjen
Mar 23, 2013 Kjen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, re-read
Awesome re-read! Love the scenes in Dallas...Roarke is beyond awesome...love the tensions over her job. So often, I just need an E&R fix:)
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
Reunion in Death is the fourteenth book in the lengthy and highly entertaining In Death series featuring New York City homicide detective Lieutenant Eve Dallas. While it can be read as a stand-alone, I try to recommend people read the series from the beginning (as daunting as that appears) in order to fully appreciate the amazing character development of everyone in the cast. I am fourteen books in and I think this may be one of my favorites so far.

The story starts off with a wealthy businessman
Tina
Nov 28, 2007 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
This is the 14th book in The In Death series.

It is June, 2059 and a rich, well loved older man is poisoned on his birthday. The family is devastated and Eve Dallas gets the call. Eve quickly realizes who did the deed. The perpetrator is someone who has a personal vendetta against Eve herself and taunts Eve with every body that falls at her feet. Now Eve must find the murderer before they can target Roarke. Also, Eve finally confronts her tragic past. Oh, yeah the final confrontation between Eve
Jerry
Jul 23, 2010 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
14th in Eve Dallas Series; Great Suspense and Entertainment...

J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) is writing this "... In Death" series at the incredible pace of two per year. The debut in 1995 opened us to a new world of NYC homicide crimes set in the year 2058. Various high tech phones, personal air travel vehicles, and human-like "droids" (worker-bees) add an imaginative touch to these police procedurals. In this the 14th of the set, homicide lieutenant Eve Dallas, along with a now familiar cast of reg
Shari Kay
Jan 09, 2016 Shari Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
This was a good one.

The antagonist was smart, really smart, and one step ahead of Eve for most of the book. For all the cat and mouse, it was satisfying in the end when Eve embraces her "grey" side, going a little off the grid, rather than sticking to the rules in the final showdown.

It lost a few points with the side story for Peabody's first case. It was too easy, and I wanted Eve less involved so Peabody could really take the reins. I also wanted some more closure on that one. How did the hus
**Manjula ♥ Connor Cobalt**
It's been almost a year since our very own Eve got hitched to one of the richest man on the planet, maybe even off of it... lol.
Eve and Roarke are alive and kicking (that's more that can be said considering the risks these two put themselves under...lol).

**mild spoilers**

In this book Eve realizes that system is sometimes less than perfect and killers are often let loose. This cold blooded killer kills with poison and she makes Roarke her personal target to get back at Eve. Together Roarke and
BJ Rose
Mar 18, 2011 BJ Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost a 5* - and this from someone who has rated several of these books with merely 3*s. This may be the best of the series, with lots of memorable scenes; the one in Dallas was heart-wrenching, and then you jump to the other end of the spectrum with their first-anniversary celebration! Loved meeting Peabody's parents, and seeing Peabody move to the next level in her career, so to speak. And what an interestingly bad & nasty evil gal who deliberately pitted herself against Eve. Kudos to Roa ...more
Debbie (Doc)
Another fast paced read from the In Death series. Roarke and Eve have just returned from a two week vacation. She is well rested and ready to return to work. Her first day on the job throws her into a homicide – of course! Unfortunately, this murder is too close to home for Eve. The murderer is seeking revenge and had been plotting how to get even with Eve, the entire time that she was incarcerated. Now, the murderer is going after the only person in Eve’s life that really matters, her sexy hubb ...more
Steve
Oct 28, 2014 Steve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, in-death
I found this book quite difficult to put down, and then even more so when I worked out how the title references the story. The action built to a delicious climax, which I would have preferred to be a little longer, and hear a more expanded view on why this books killer acted like she did, but I am content with what was written. I type this every time, but I am eagerly looking forward to reading the next in the series.
J.D. Robb : Reunion In Death Buddy Read - April 2017 138 29 6 hours, 9 min ago
J.D. Robb : Reunion in Death (Spoiler Zone) 39 123 Nov 30, 2016 04:36PM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Reunion In Death (June 2014) SPOILER ZONE 61 44 Jan 10, 2015 07:59PM
Readers of Kindle...: Reunion in Death #14 3 9 Mar 24, 2012 11:41PM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.6)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Zinnia (St. Helen's, #2)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Echoes in Death, on sale February 2017, is the 44th ent ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)

“The whole point of love is that it has no reason. It just is.” 16 likes
“You're the husband?" the doctor asked with a nod to Roarke.

"Yes. How is she?"

"Spitting mad—I think she has some very ominous plans for you. And if you happen to be Peabody, you're in on them."

"She's okay." Peabody let out a gush of air. "That's great.”
10 likes