Start by marking “Prescription for Natural Cures” as Want to Read:
Prescription for Natural Cures

Prescription for Natural Cures

The all-in-one natural health resource your family can trust

Dr. James Balch coauthored Prescription for Nutritional Healing, which became the first major popular guide to the healing power of foods and nutritional supplements, selling more than 8 million copies in all its editions. Now, Dr. Balch and Dr. Mark Stengler present a new natural health resource that you can't af
Published September 28th 2004 by Wiley (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Prescription for Natural Cures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prescription for Natural Cures

Justin
Jul 07, 2016 Justin rated it really liked it

I received this book, for free, in exchange for an honest review.

This book is an above average supplement resource along the same lines as Prescription for Nutritional Healing (PNH). Like PNH, this book's main advantage is that it has a largely illness based layout which makes it easier to find useful information.

Also like PNH, this book has above average but not amazing information on how/why its supplements (herbs, vitamins, minerals) should be used.
I felt that in general most of the suppleme
Jamon
Jan 02, 2008 Jamon rated it it was amazing
this is pretty much my new health bible. you can look up any condition or symptom, and it has all sorts of remedies listed; herbal, nutritional, acupressure, homeopathic. It's the most truly holistic health book i've found yet. and when i actually have follow-through with the stuff it says to do, it really helps. plus, it's easy to navigate. yay to natural health!
Peyton Jones
Jul 16, 2008 Peyton Jones rated it it was amazing
A great reference for alternatives to prescription drugs!
Kristin Hatch
Feb 02, 2010 Kristin Hatch rated it it was amazing
A wonderful resource!
Roslyn Ross
May 31, 2015 Roslyn Ross rated it it was ok
Skip this and get yourself a subscription to the Weston A Price Association. Or read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. I studied nutrition for 5 years. This book was useless (my health improved a tiny tiny bit) compared to the changes that happened once my research led me to the research of Weston Price--cured my acne, menstrual cramps, my husband's hair loss and much more…. this book on the other hand, cured nothing.
Andreas Michaelides
Lovely book, full of useful information and also full of natural remedies, very nice book fro someone that doesn’t want to take drugs or medicine for various illnesses it covers a lot of subjects, it’s quite a big book.
I learned a lot from it, always have it open on my desk for consultation.
Beverly
Mar 08, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
Fantastic resource. So much information that is useful.
Angela Blount
May 17, 2012 Angela Blount rated it really liked it
Shelves: life-coaching
Excellent, comprehensive reference!

I believe this book to have cut our need for doctor visits nearly in half, along with the cost of treatment for basic ails and nutrient deficiencies. I'm a little iffy on the homeopathy, but I can't see it as harmful, and I'm pleased that it's included as an option for a more a holistic approach.
Jackson
Jul 03, 2013 Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel inspired to try some of the ideas in this book. There are a number of alternative medicine solutions; this book is very even-handed and objective about suggesting possibilities.
Malia
Oct 01, 2012 Malia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2012, health
Treatment alternatives, the natural way. Out lines the many options for different medical problems. I'm using this as guide, because I don't want so many drugs.
Lia
May 09, 2012 Lia rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
Good reference, though it does seem somewhat in love with soy as a help, even for conditions where soy is a bad idea. Alas.
Shawna
Jan 18, 2012 Shawna rated it really liked it
Great resource with several methods to remedy common health issues. Definitely keeping for future referencing.
Kathy
May 08, 2011 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like homeopathic and natural jazz, this is a good resource. I like these types of books as reference.
Dawn
Feb 06, 2014 Dawn added it
A good first reference but beware and use more than this as a resource.
Steven
Apr 09, 2013 Steven added it
Didn't read the whole thing, but chock full of natural remedies!
Lucy Bilik
Sep 08, 2010 Lucy Bilik rated it it was amazing
An excellent source of information of natural cures!
Denise
Nov 11, 2014 Denise rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Not worth the time or money.
Marina
Marina is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Vikas
Vikas is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2016
Sylvia Pimentel
Sylvia Pimentel rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2016
Leah Dunski
Leah Dunski marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
daphnecamf
daphnecamf marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Jo Ann Kennedy Ide
Jo Ann Kennedy Ide rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Cnam
Cnam marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Danica Stockton
Danica Stockton rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
RUBEN VILLALPANDO
RUBEN VILLALPANDO marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Odetta Masina
Odetta Masina marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
  • UC Prescription for Herbal Healing: An Easy-to-Use A-Z Reference to Hundreds of Common Disorders andTheir Herbal Remedies
  • New Choices in Natural Healing: Over 1,800 of the Best Self-Help Remedies from the World of Alternative Medicine
  • Nutrient Timing: The Future of Sports Nutrition
  • Six Weeks to OMG
  • Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine
  • Life Without Bread: How a Low-Carbohydrate Diet Can Save Your Life
  • Understanding Nutrition
  • Whitewash: The Disturbing Truth About Cow's Milk and Your Health
  • The Metabolic Typing Diet: Customize Your Diet To:  Free Yourself from Food Cravings:  Achieve Your Ideal Weight;  Enjoy High Energy and Robust Health;  Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery
  • The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer Calories
  • The 5 Factor Diet
  • Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook
  • Eating for Life: Your Guide to Great Health, Fat Loss and Increased Energy!
  • Eat What You Love: More Than 300 Incredible Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories
  • Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave!
  • The Doctor's Book of Home Remedies: Thousands of Tips and Techniques Anyone Can Use to Heal Everyday Health Problems
  • The G.I. Diet: The Easy, Healthy Way to Permanent Weight Loss