Start by marking “Prescription for Natural Cures” as Want to Read:
Prescription for Natural Cures

Prescription for Natural Cures

The all-in-one natural health resource your family can trust

Dr. James Balch coauthored Prescription for Nutritional Healing, which became the first major popular guide to the healing power of foods and nutritional supplements, selling more than 8 million copies in all its editions. Now, Dr. Balch and Dr. Mark Stengler present a new natural health resource that you can't af
Published September 28th 2004 by Wiley (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Prescription for Natural Cures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prescription for Natural Cures

Jan 02, 2008 Jamon rated it it was amazing
this is pretty much my new health bible. you can look up any condition or symptom, and it has all sorts of remedies listed; herbal, nutritional, acupressure, homeopathic. It's the most truly holistic health book i've found yet. and when i actually have follow-through with the stuff it says to do, it really helps. plus, it's easy to navigate. yay to natural health!
Peyton Jones
Jul 16, 2008 Peyton Jones rated it it was amazing
A great reference for alternatives to prescription drugs!
Kristin Hatch
Feb 02, 2010 Kristin Hatch rated it it was amazing
A wonderful resource!
Jul 07, 2016 Justin rated it really liked it

I received this book, for free, in exchange for an honest review.

This book is an above average supplement resource along the same lines as Prescription for Nutritional Healing (PNH). Like PNH, this book's main advantage is that it has a largely illness based layout which makes it easier to find useful information.

Also like PNH, this book has above average but not amazing information on how/why its supplements (herbs, vitamins, minerals) should be used.
I felt that in general most of the suppleme
Roslyn Ross
May 31, 2015 Roslyn Ross rated it it was ok
Skip this and get yourself a subscription to the Weston A Price Association. Or read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. I studied nutrition for 5 years. This book was useless (my health improved a tiny tiny bit) compared to the changes that happened once my research led me to the research of Weston Price--cured my acne, menstrual cramps, my husband's hair loss and much more…. this book on the other hand, cured nothing.
Angela Blount
May 17, 2012 Angela Blount rated it really liked it
Shelves: life-coaching
Excellent, comprehensive reference!

I believe this book to have cut our need for doctor visits nearly in half, along with the cost of treatment for basic ails and nutrient deficiencies. I'm a little iffy on the homeopathy, but I can't see it as harmful, and I'm pleased that it's included as an option for a more a holistic approach.
Andreas Michaelides
Lovely book, full of useful information and also full of natural remedies, very nice book fro someone that doesn’t want to take drugs or medicine for various illnesses it covers a lot of subjects, it’s quite a big book.
I learned a lot from it, always have it open on my desk for consultation.
Jul 03, 2013 Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel inspired to try some of the ideas in this book. There are a number of alternative medicine solutions; this book is very even-handed and objective about suggesting possibilities.
May 09, 2012 Lia rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
Good reference, though it does seem somewhat in love with soy as a help, even for conditions where soy is a bad idea. Alas.
May 08, 2011 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like homeopathic and natural jazz, this is a good resource. I like these types of books as reference.
Oct 01, 2012 Malia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2012, health
Treatment alternatives, the natural way. Out lines the many options for different medical problems. I'm using this as guide, because I don't want so many drugs.
Jan 18, 2012 Shawna rated it really liked it
Great resource with several methods to remedy common health issues. Definitely keeping for future referencing.
Patty Howard-Strickler
Patty Howard-Strickler rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Derek rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2013
Tracey rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Onalee rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Coco_Chanel rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Erica rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Donna rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2011
Kitty rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Icequeen rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2009
Preston rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Alexis Badon
Alexis Badon rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2013
Liz Harman
Liz Harman rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2016
sarah deakins
sarah deakins rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Skcollins rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Blyvan rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Patti rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Denise rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2009
Susan rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • UC Prescription for Herbal Healing: An Easy-to-Use A-Z Reference to Hundreds of Common Disorders andTheir Herbal Remedies
  • New Choices in Natural Healing: Over 1,800 of the Best Self-Help Remedies from the World of Alternative Medicine
  • Nutrient Timing: The Future of Sports Nutrition
  • Six Weeks to OMG
  • Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine
  • Life Without Bread: How a Low-Carbohydrate Diet Can Save Your Life
  • Understanding Nutrition
  • Whitewash: The Disturbing Truth About Cow's Milk and Your Health
  • The Metabolic Typing Diet: Customize Your Diet To:  Free Yourself from Food Cravings:  Achieve Your Ideal Weight;  Enjoy High Energy and Robust Health;  Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery
  • The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer Calories
  • The 5 Factor Diet
  • Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook
  • Eating for Life: Your Guide to Great Health, Fat Loss and Increased Energy!
  • Eat What You Love: More Than 300 Incredible Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories
  • Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave!
  • The Doctor's Book of Home Remedies: Thousands of Tips and Techniques Anyone Can Use to Heal Everyday Health Problems
  • The G.I. Diet: The Easy, Healthy Way to Permanent Weight Loss