Start by marking “Take Two (The Princess Diaries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Take Two (The Princess Diaries, #2)

Take Two (The Princess Diaries #2)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  35,430 ratings  ·  880 reviews
No one ever said being a princess was easy.

Just when Mia thought she had the whole princess thing under control, things get out of hand, fast. First there's an unexpected announcement from her mother. Then Grandmère arranges a national primetime interview for the brand-new crown princess of Genovia. On top of that, intriguing, exasperating letters from a secret admirer beg
213 pages
Published (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Take Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Two

Skinnerbox
Apr 01, 2008 Skinnerbox rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teenagers
Shelves: meg-c
This i very interesting book. I realy love M.C. books. I think she's very, very clever and modern. I realy like that Mia is a feminist;)
I luve Princess Diaries;)
Howdy YAL
To see full binge review of books 1-3 click here.

This is weird. I’d almost classify Princess in the Spotlight as a bridge book, but it’s not. There are some important things that happen in this book that make its existence needed.

Mainly, the fact that Mia’s mom gets knocked up and ends up marrying Mr. G (it’s not that much of a spoiler since Mia’s mom is puking in the first couple of pages of the book and we all know that Mr. G is going to do the honorable thing…).

What is also interesting about
Susanna
I've never liked the movies, but at least they cut out most of the unnecessary junk that fills these books. Are boyfriends and kissing really the most important things on the mind of the average 15-year-old girl?
Sabine
The princess stuff isn't getting easier and to add to that, Mia is receiving letters from a secret admirer who may or may not be the boy she has had a crush on since she was six, her mom has just revealed she is pregnant with Mia's Algebra teacher, and her best friend has run off with her attractive, but small-town cousin who is visiting for her mom's wedding. What is a princess to do?

After reading the first book in this series I went to the library and just happened to see the rest of the books
Norah Sumner
If I had to describe this book in two words it would be: chaotic fun.
I love Mia so much,she's so funny and she's taking all these big news in her life pretty damn well.M.G is also very cool,I liked him in the first book but now he's even more lovable.Even Mia's dad is starting to act like a normal human being.The only character that kinda irritated me was Lilly...but I don't know,I can get mad at her for doing something, but after 10 minutes I'm like: ''Oh,just bring her back!''.I did expect to
Liv.
May 02, 2008 Liv. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone.
Recommended to Liv. by: Nobody.
-from inside flap-
Just when Mia thought she had the whole Princess thing under control...

Things get out of hand fast:

Since Mia's the brand-new crown princess of Genovia, indomitable dowager princess Grandmere arranges a national primetime interview for her. With just a few innocent remarks, Mia manages to enrage her best friend Lilly, practically get one of her teachers fired, and alienate the entire country of Genovia. (Population 50,000, but still!)

There's the havoc of the interview's aftermat
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
While the storyline in this one isn't as fresh and exciting as the first one, it still holds solid and Mae hasn't yet changed much.

It takes place only days after the end of the previous book - I have a quibble with how fast everything moves, and how soon this could have happened - when Mia learns that her mum is pregnant with her algebra teacher's baby. They decide to get married on Halloween at City Hall and keep it quiet.

It's Mia herself who blurts out the news not just to her dad and Grandmot
Kelsey F
Right now, Mia Thermopolis’s life is at an all time low. She just found out she is heir to the throne of the small European country Genovia, she is failing algebra, and her mom is pregnant with her algebra teacher’s baby. So what else can go wrong? Well believe me; tons. Because now she also has to deal with a secret admirer and an interview on her newly obtained throne which will air on national TV. The main question is will Mia be able to handle all this or will she crack under pressure?
Jen
originally published on my review blog

In the second novel in The Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot, Mia Thermapolis doesn't only have to deal with the public attention that's linked to being the sole heir to the Genovian throne; her mother is pregnant - by Mia's math teacher! Above all, she also has a secret admirer and is dying to find out who's in love with her.

I'm a major fan of the first novel, my obsession with the first is almost scary. I've read it about twelve or fourteen times and t
Bronwyn
Mikaela
this the first time in many months that I gave a book 5 stars. I mean it wasn't that life changing or deep or anything it was just that I COULD RELATE TO IT SO MUCH. I don't even know if I should be ashamed or freaked out that I can relate to a 14 year old teen. i mean, what is wrong with me?! lol Well, I can't literally relate to it like the princess part but in some way that she says thing, and how she thinks can somewhat makes me say 'oh my god YES'.

spoilers below.... beware lol

Okay, back to
Jessica
Grade: B+

Oh Meg Cabot, I love you, I really, really do. So charming, so funny, so witty, so ironic. If I had read this series when it was first published when I was ten years younger, it would definitely had been a different experience for me. This is a book for young girls, but Meg Cabot never fails to throw in things for us "adults" that we might have missed the first time around while reading as preteens/teenagers. And that is one of the many reasons I love her!

Meg Cabot has a very distinct w
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
And the story of Mia continues..

First book left us at when the identity of Mia (or Princess Mia to be accurate) was exposed. Now, as it mentioned on the book summary Just when Mia thought she had the whole princess thing under control, things get out of hand, fast. Yep! that's what happens..

As soon as the book starts, we get to know that Mia's mom is pregnant from her Algebra teacher. Then, Mia finds letter from a secret admirer while trying to figure out her feelings for her BFF's brother, Mich
Arielle
Rebecca
It’s been a while since I had read the first Princess diaries book but lately I have been looking for more books to read that are light and fun so I decided it was time to continue on with the Princess Diaries series again.
I enjoyed reading Princess in the Spotlight. It didn’t take me very long to read through the book either. They’re the kind of book that you can pick up and read in no time because they’re fun reads. While I wouldn’t go so far as to say that it was fluffy because it does have i
Kathy Davie
Second in the Princess Diaries Young Adult series about a geeky fourteen-year-old girl who has learned she's a princess and heir to a throne.

My Take
Cabot does a good job of portraying typical teen self-centeredness, frustrations, and obsessions. Mia is something of a dingbat, but also a typical teen making everything about her, jumping to conclusions, and almost never thinking before she acts or speaks.

I do like the diary layout. It's so perfect for conveying Mia's thoughts!

How is it that Philli
Livvy
I'm actually giving this book a three and a half star rating. And let me warn you if you think that these books are anything like the movie. AT ALL. Because the first book covered the first half of the movie, and the other half isn't in this book, despite everyone's longing.

I love the books and the movies equally, and this book is whimsical and hilarious, considering Mia's worrying qualities. In this book, Mia is thrust into more teen girl dilemmas within the first sentence. Well, actually, I gu
Rachel Lightwood
This review may contain unavoidable spoilers for The Princess Diaries.

What a load of rubbish. This book is a waste of paper. I cry for the poor trees that were used to print this piece of trash. I cannot believe that this got published. Its absolutely crap, to put it bluntly.

Mia's life was turned around in The Princess Diaries when her father was revealed to be the prince of a small European country called Genovia and thus Mia a princess. The worst part is that after his stunt with testicular ca
Natalie
Without pregnancy-hormone-induced romantic dreams, how else am I supposed to remember what it's like to have high school crushes? Reading Meg Cabot books, of course. As far as teeny-bopper books, there's the wonderful Twilight series, of course, and then, I read Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and it was good and all, but I was pretty much done after one book & I could leave the sequels alone. But I'm more impressed with the Princess Diaries & I'm enjoying them. Yes, I know... probably ...more
Once Upon A Time
I like this book to a certain extent. My actual rating is 3.5.

So Mia is sitting there writing in her journal and her mom says she is having a baby. Mia made a bigger deal than it actually is. She took it to the next level. She isn't suppose to tell anyone. Then her mom says she is getting married to her Algebra teacher. Not creepy at all.Right? So any ways she deals with being a normal girl at times then a not so normal girl.

Meg Cabot I love all your writing. I think you got into the mind of a t
Lacey Louwagie
We all need a little fluff in our repertoire, and this definitely does it for me more than Twilight or crappy romance novels. It's been about 7 years since I read the first Princess Diaries novel, and I'd forgotten about how much fun they are. This is one of the few series where I just suspend my disbelief and have fun with it. So I'm feeling generous and giving this 4 stars for accomplishing what it attempts to accomplish and being enjoyable to read -- even though the crush-on-best-friend's-bro ...more
Michelle
I'm giving this a 3, not because it's actually worthy of a 3, but to differentiate it from the first book, because it is actually better.

I right off the bat question Mia's mom again in how she chooses to tell Mia she's pregnant. I wouldn't describe Mia as mature but I guess she kind of is if she can deal with how her mother deals with life. I also question what this book is teaching actual young adults when Mia is thinking about who is responsible for this whoopsy baby--it can't be her flaky art
Teenage
May 06, 2014 Teenage rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Middle school girls
Shelves: 2014, books-i-own, series
Princess Mia is back with a whole new set of problems. When she final gets the hang of being a princess, everything changes fast. Mia found out in the first volume that she is the only heir to the throne of the small European country called Genovia. From that she made the agreement with her farther that if she finishes school in New York she will visit (and one day rule) Genovia. With that her first appearance as the princess will take place in December. Her Grandmére has been giving her princes ...more
Pamela
Fun and light teenage point of view.

I enjoyed this volume slightly better than the last one. Not sure why, maybe I had a good idea who they were, Mia was less whiny and there were many events, one after the other that made this reading fun and exciting from beginning to end.

It's still only a 4-star rated book because it wasnt too deep or didnt have any real chracter development to admire. She does become more thoughtful and grown up (more with the matter concerning her mom), but it's still not
Hafeleni
Book report
26 February 2014
Princess Diaries 2: Princess in the Spotlight

Princess diaries 2: Princess in the spotlight, is a second book by Meg Cabot continuing from her first Princess Diaries Book. After Mia finds out she is a princess, her life gets even more different. Mia finds out that her mom is pregnant with her Algebra teacher's baby and then they are getting married. Mia still continues having princess lessons from her grandmother. She has to go through an interview with a sweet women, w
Rania

It all started when Mia had to do a speech for her interview because she is the brand new princess of Genovia. The interview was on T.V. This is when Mia got a secret admirer. He kept on sending her bunch of love letters. Mia really wanted to know who was it she kept on doing rechearch about him she found no information, all she knew was that he was a boy and in love of her.

The day after ,Mia disapeared and no one knew were she was. All they had was her princess diary. Everyone was so worried t
Hannah
Personally, I loved this book.

The Princess Diaries is a very famous series by Meg Cabot, and the Disney film is highly loved by everyone. However, after reading the first book again, I decided to re-read the second book and found myself loving it even more then before. Honestly, when I was younger and I read this: I wasn't thrilled. However, now I can admit that I loved it.

The Princess Diaries: Princess In The Spotlight is the second book in the series and is even more relatable then the first
Ashley Seipert
REQUIRED AUTHOR: MEG CABOT
I remember being in middle school and loving the Princess Diaries movie, and so when I read this book I was pleasantly surprised at the differences between the book and movie. Granted this is the 2nd in the series whereas the movie is roughly based on the first book, but I still found it very interesting to compare the Disney movie to the book.
Firstly, even though the book/movie is called the Princess DIARIES I never pieced it together in my mind that Mia is telling he
Andreia Silva
Mia Thermopolis, como todos já sabemos, é uma princesa de um país não muito distante de nós (tirando o facto de ser fictício), chamado Genóvia. Tem uma avó má (gosto mais da do filme, confesso) e uma paixoneta pelo irmão da melhor amiga, o Michael.

Neste segundo volume temos uma Mia na mesma desastrada, desleixada mas com um coração gigante. A Mia dos livros é um bocadinho mais parvinha do que a Mia dos filmes (até porque a Anne Hathaway nunca o conseguiria) mas a história em si, tal como no prim
Ashley
A Million More Pages: 2 - Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries): Feb 10 16 15 Feb 21, 2015 11:39AM
What were your feelings while reading this book? 1 6 Dec 31, 2014 02:53AM
Princess in the Spotlight 4 17 Dec 31, 2014 02:49AM
YA lovers <3: Princess In The Spotlight\ Take Two 1 1 Jul 10, 2014 11:13PM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Princess In The Spotlight 1 4 Oct 31, 2013 02:08PM
Princess in the spotlight 5 50 May 31, 2012 08:09PM
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • Alice In-Between (Alice, #6)
  • Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)
  • Girls Under Pressure (Girls, #2)
  • The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Calling the Shots (Angels Unlimited, #4)
  • Snail Mail, No More (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #2)

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Royal Wedding: A Princess Diaries Novel
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)

“And you know what? Maybe Michael didn’t write those notes. And maybe he doesn’t
think I’m the Josiest girl in school.But he thought I looked nice in my pink dress. And that’s all that matters to me.”
2 likes
“Lilly: Mia, when I recognize a human soul crying out for self-actualization, I am powerless to stop myself. I must do what I can to see that that person’s dream is realized.
[Gee, I haven’t noticed Lilly doing all that much to help me realize my dream of
French-kissing her brother. But on the other hand, I have not exactly made that dream known to her.]”
2 likes