Start by marking “Chickenhare: Fire in the Hole (Chickenhare, # 2)” as Want to Read:
Chickenhare: Fire in the Hole (Chickenhare, # 2)

Chickenhare: Fire in the Hole (Chickenhare)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Things are going from bad to worse for our feathered and furry friend Chickenhare and his partner in hijinx Abe Their narrow escape from the evil Taxidermist Klaus is going to seem like a cakewalk compared to the dangers they'll face in the sequel to the Eisner nominated graphic novel, Chickenhare: The House of Klaus. Magic and mayhem are about to collide, along with some ...more
Published April 15th 2008 by Dark Horse

To ask other readers questions about Chickenhare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chickenhare

Charles
Would recommend to someone who worked through Bone or Amulet and wanted more. But I can't say I would recommend it by itself.
Jennifer Haight
Author/Illustrator Chris Grine began the tales of Chickenhare as a black & white book in 2005. Chickenhare and his friend Abe, a turtle with a prominent beard, attempt to escape from the evil taxidermist Klaus.

I read book two without having book one and loved it. The story contains mystery, adventure and suspense along with a monkey, demons and an angry goat.

The books have been picked up by Scholastic and will be released in full color in new editions in February.

These are a fun, quick read
Kyler
please tell me how you click to read this thanks
~kmantheaxten
Lindsay
Sep 10, 2008 Lindsay rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Jeff Smith's Bone
GN YA GRINE - (underworld) adventure, appropriate for J audience
In the second adventure in the Chickenhare series, our characters are discovered on stormy seas by a sorcerer sent to take Banjo and Meg back to the Underworld. When Abe's soul is captured in the mix, Chickenhare must penetrate the Underworld to save his friend. And maybe Banjo, too. Quick read, and a fast-paced plot.
Christiane
Our friends Chickenhare and Abe, along with Banjo and Meg from Vol. 1, face another harrowing adventure featuring magic, devils, witches, a fate worse than death, and the unwelcome reappearance of some old "friends". Very funny, wonderfully drawn, a YA title that is fine for older kids (and adults!).
Sarah Jane Thomas
Great adventure. Nice, clean art that is still action packed. I will definitely find more by this author/illustrator to read.
Nenangs
agifromasista.
it's okay, i guess...:p
maybe just don't get the mood...dunno..
Sharon
Oh, god, these are so good. I love them. I wish there were more Chickenhare books.
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Natalie Brooks henderson
Natalie Brooks henderson marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Dragon
Dragon marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Jarvis Copeland
Jarvis Copeland marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Salomon Salcedo
Salomon Salcedo marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Larsen
Larsen marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Filipe Alves
Filipe Alves marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Davidhuynh
Davidhuynh marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Joey Hirzel
Joey Hirzel marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Julia
Julia added it
Jul 31, 2014
Warren
Warren added it
Jul 28, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Chickenhare (Chickenhare, #1) MySpace Dark Horse Presents, Volume 1 Blue Fairies (Proof, #5) Igor: Fixed by Frankensteins Rocketbots