Start by marking “Written in Blood (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Written in Blood (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #2)

Written in Blood (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #2)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Sheila Lowe’s Poison Pen was hailed as a “fast-paced, crisp…novel that penetrates the world of celebrity.”* And forensic handwriting expert Claudia Rose is about to prove once more that no matter what words it forms, a pen always writes the truth....

Claudia's latest client is the widow of a rich, older man, Paige Sorensen is younger than—and hated by—her stepchildren. And
Published September 2nd 2008 by Signet (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Written in Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Written in Blood

Patricia
Paige Sorenson is a beautiful young widow in need of a handwriting expert. Claudia Rose, a forensic handwriting expert, has been highly recommended. Claudia interviews the young widow and finds that Paige’s husband, Torg Sorensen, executed a will after he had suffered a stroke. The will left Torg’s entire estate to Paige as well as the Sorenson Academy, a school for girls.

Claudia soon finds that the Sorenson case will be an interesting one. Bert Falkenberg is Paige’s assistant but he appears to
Sandie
If you're looking for a quick read that's entertaining as well as informative, then Written In Blood is definitely the book for you.

This well written little tome is not your "run of the mill" murder mystery. True is has the requisite amounts of jealousy, avarice, and revenge, but author Shelia Lowe has gone the extra mile in character development by giving the reader a smart and likable protagonist (Claudia Rose) with an interesting and unusual occupation (forensic handwriting analysis) and a m
Monie
Forensic Handwriting Expert, Claudia Rose, was just hired on to authenticate the signature on a wealthy older man’s will after he passed away and left the majority of his estate to his significantly younger widow, Paige Sorenson. Based on Claudia’s analysis, a judge rules that the signature is genuine and Paige can now claim the Sorenson Academy for Girls as her own to the dismay of the widow’s step children.

Against her better judgment about keeping her business and her personal life separate, C
Glenda Bixler
Nov 02, 2008 Glenda Bixler rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anybody!
Shelves: reviewed-books
Written in Blood: A
Forensic Handwriting Mystery
By Sheila Lowe
Obsidian
306 Pages

Wow! Having just finished Poison Pen, a great whodunit, I wasn’t totally prepared to declare Written in Blood by Sheila Lowe even better—but it was! This book included much more descriptive information about analyzing handwriting, which is fun and quite interesting. However, even more so, the pace, characters and suspense created an exciting read from first to last page!

By now, readers will know one thing about our mai
Cheryl
Claudia Rose is a well-known forensic handwriting expert. Claudia’s latest client requires her expertise. Paige Sorensen’s husband has died. Everything was left to Paige but her stepchildren believe that Paige forged their dad’s signature on the will. Now Claudia has to prove that Paige didn’t have anything to do with the will. The more information Claudia gathers on the Sorensen family, the closer Claudia gets to uncovering all of the Sorensen’s family skeletons.

Who knew you could learn a lot
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Our Graphologist, Claudia Rose latest client is a woman trying to authenticate her deceased husband's signature on his will. Nothing unusual there until she gets involved with a student at the client's school.

Claudia breaks her own rule of not getting involved with clients. However, the action picks up when Claudia realizes that she is not the only one getting involved with Annabelle, and the other persons spell danger not only in their handwriting.

This book held my attention and was written in
Nancy Raven Smith
"Written in Blood" (a Forensic Handwriting Mystery) by Shelia Lowe

When Claudia Rose, a forensic handwriting expert, meets a troubled young teen named Annabelle, she's moved to help her against the advice of Joel, the special man in her life and a cop. Ignoring him, Claudia is soon embroiled in the vortex swirling around Annabelle which includes an uncaring mob boss father, a trophy wife who may or may not have killed her geriatric husband, the trophy wife's gym teacher boyfriend, her jilted love
Terry
Second in the Claudia Rose series of forensic handwriting analysis, the characters begin to become people to the reader. This series is gritty but sustains interest and builds suspense. Good read.
Becky
Written in Blood is a forensic handwriting mystery by Sheila Lowe. Claudia is a free lance handwriting examiner who is hired by a wealthy widow to determine if her deceased husband's signature on his will is genuine. The will is to leave a private school to the widow along with the rest of the estate. A troubled young girl who is a student of the private school becomes involved with Claudia. Through handwriting analysis and therapy, Claudia is trying to help her through some tough issues in her ...more
Angela
When Paige's rich husband, who is many years her senior, dies her step-children jump to question the will he supposedly made. Everything is left to Paige and the children are anything but happy about it. This is where Claudia comes in, her job is to check the authenticity of the signature on the will to see if it really is the old man's. Claudia soon finds herself being roped into this case in a personal way, a way she knows is bad for what she does. She has come to like a young student at the A ...more
K.L. Glanville
My favorite genre to read isn't murder mysteries, but I liked "What She Saw" so much (by the same author), I thought I'd give this one a try. And yup, I don't really like to read about murders and dead people. But that's just my preference. It was a well written book and I wasn't able to figure out the mystery till it was revealed (a sign of a good writer to me), so in that sense it was good. Just not my preferred reading genre.
Cora Mae Follero
In general, this forensic handwriting mystery is a good read. However, there are some points that are quite unorganized and there were number of events that were left hanging and unexplained. The story started when Paige Sorensen, a young widow of an older rich man consulted Claudia Rose, a forensic graphologist to prove that Paige did not forge her husband's last will. Included in the last will is the Sorensen Academy where Paige is the headmistress. The first time Claudia met Paige, she was in ...more
Candy
Another One

Another One

Again I found myself reading another Claudia Rose Mystery. We have a young widow trying to prove her elderly rich husband left everything to her. A private school with a smart mouth troubled girl. Add them together and you have a mad dash into a good mystery. Enjoyed it a great deal.
Annabelle
This is a ridiculous book with the theme of handwriting analysis. Basically we have a handwriting expert, Claudia, who has a hunk of a police boyfriend, Jovanic. Both are gorgeous and wear expensive clothes and have expensive cars. I don’t know why mystery writers try to make their protagonists elitists and snobs, not attractive and interesting. Claudia is pulled into a family dynamic, of a young widow of a wealthy man, fighting with his children for money. The widow runs a school for troubled g ...more
Danie
It was better than the first book in the Claudia Rose series. The thing is that the story will be moving right along, and then all of a sudden it seems to grind to a halt so that the main character can explain some random part of handwriting analysis. It makes the story a little choppy.

But other than that the rest of the writing and style got better. There was less to hate about the characters the reader was supposed to like as well. Lowe seems very, very good at writing the 'bad' characters and
Patricia Wynn
Forensic handwriting expert Claudia Rose is hired by the young widow of a rich older man to prove that his will leaving her his fortune and private girls' school is not forged. She also becomes involved with one of the student's, a disturbed, neglected daughter of a mafioso, and tries to help her with graphotherapy. While Claudia's friends are unappealing to me, they are a minor part of a well-written, well-paced mystery, with otherwise clearly drawn, believable characters. What I learned about ...more
Lisa
A fun, fast-paced read. What girl doesn't enjoy some good handwriting analysis? (You know you write the sentence in Cosmo and figure out what your handwriting says about you!)

I found the characters to be compelling and interesting. I hope that Annabelle shows up in future Lowe books. I liked Jovanic's and Claudia's relationship issues - they felt very real.

The plot was twisting and interesting. However, one of the subplots could have used some more detail and fleshing out.

I will definitely pick
Anne
a totally fun read about using handwriting to solve crimes
Patty
The second in the series is more complicated than the first but just as good. There are a few "TSTL" moments but not so many as to make the book awful, just enough to make it noticeable.

This one centers around private schools, dead multimillionaires and a child neglected by an indifferent Hollywood mogul father. Lots of twists and turns, a little less emphasis on the forensic handwriting analysis than in the first book, and a lot of tension and suspense.

I'll keep reading this series.
Shirley Plummer
Generally the book was well written...written, not organized. There were a number of items left hanging, either unexplained, or as things worked out, unnecessary...perhaps they were meant as red herrings.
In any event, a good editor was needed.
It would probably have been three stars but for the amount of too easily accepted crude language.
It kept my interest with information about analysis and personality profiling; but, without editorial tightening I wouldn't follow the series very far.
Leslie
OK - better than the last one. I still don't buy graphology - the personality analysis part of it, but there's a lot less of that in here, and there's not all that with the cop taking a civilian along on interviews, to abandoned houses without backup, etc., that I objected to in the first of the series. Way too much foul language for my taste, though, and not just from the sullen, resentful teenager and the movie mogul/gangster.
Josette
This is a forensic handwriting mystery that will keep you turning the pages fast to find out what’s next. I’ve not read any kind of handwriting mystery before but I can say this was an enjoyable and enlightening book. There is so much to be learned from a person’s handwriting.

More here: http://www.booksloveme.com/2011/01/wr...
Lyndsey Plitt
Kind of a fun forensic mystery for females. A little to light and fluffy in some parts and some of the situations this lady finds herself in were a tad bit unbelievable but overall a decent read thats easy to get through.
Marilyn Groves
read again May 2014 - lowered rating to 3.

One of the things that REALLY bugged me was her reaction to 'the first dead body she'd ever seen'.. umm.. already forgot about book #1 in the series?
Katherine P
A good read - mostly plot driven. Mystery part was done well and while I could guess the bad guys the motives were a surprise. Did feel like one aspect of the conclusion came out of left field.
Barbara
No dead body until 2/3 of the way through the book. Overblown language. Contrived. Unnecessary foul language stuck out like a sore thumb.
Linda  Arnsdorf
I liked the concept of looking at hand writing to solve a mystery. The main characters were well developed and interesting.
Lesley
Once I got going, this book was a pretty quick read, nicely paced. The end was a surprise.
Barbara
Nice follow on to Poison Pen. Will definitely read the next one, whenever it comes out.
Written In Blood: A Forensic Handwriting Mystery by Sheila Lowe (2008)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Bleeding Hearts (Gregor Demarkian, #11)
  • Killer Cruise (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #8)
  • Murder Between the Covers (Dead-End Job Mystery, #2)
  • Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7)
  • Murder Had a Little Lamb (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #8)
  • Seduction by the Book
  • Two Down (Crossword Mysteries, #2)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Take Me If You Can (ARTemis, Inc. #1)
  • Faeries (Magical Worlds of Fantasy)
  • Stripped (Hunting Club #1)
  • Our Lady of Pain (Mark Tartalgia, #2)
  • Hometown Ties (The Four Lindas, #2)
  • The Prince of Frogs (Night's Rose #2)
  • The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #5)
  • Fury Calls (The Calling #7)
  • A Plunder by Pilgrims
  • Shadow Fall (Shadowchasers, #3)
Forensic handwriting examiner and author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Handwriting Analysis, Handwriting of the Famous & Infamous, and Sheila Lowe's Handwriting Analyzer software. Sheila's award-winning mystery series features handwriting expert, Claudia Rose. Poison Pen (that's the title, not the publisher) is the first in the series, followed by Written in Blood, Dead Write, and Last Writ ...more
More about Sheila Lowe...
What She Saw Poison Pen (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #1) Dead Write (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #3) The Complete Idiot's Guide to Handwriting Analysis Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #4)