Start by marking “Wolverine: The End” as Want to Read:
Wolverine: The End

Wolverine: The End (Wolverine Marvel Comics)

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  296 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Marvel's critically acclaimed The End line continues with a look at the final days in the life of Logan - the man called Wolverine It's the distant future, and a series of strange events sends the aging Wolverine on a globe-spanning quest to find the final truths behind his origin. But when he encounters a mysterious figure from his past, everything he thought he knew is t...more
Published May 30th 2007 by Marvel (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine

Max Ostrovsky
I found myself liking this story a whole lot more than "Old Man Logan." It was more engaging and believable as far as a Marvel Universe future. One of the best things in this is how the patented 'snikt' ages into the arthritic (and possibly rusted) 'sklitch.' That one sound effect, I think, makes the book. I did have some concerns about the possible future (not as many as "Old Man Logan"), but I wonder if that comes from not knowing enough of some of the current Logan stories (I'm still in the l...more
Silas
Continuing to read The End comics, this one is about par for the course. It doesn't make a lot of sense, because it picks up at a mysterious time where Wolverine is an old man, and goes from there, emphasizing various parts of his character. It references a lot of Wolverine: Origin material, and takes him to Japan, as well, where we meet a mysterious antagonist, who wants Wolverine to join him, but that doesn't go well. It was quick paced, and had a lot of good moments of Wolverine being clever,...more
Felix Zilich
Начало XXII века. На северной границе Канады живет в своей древний хибаре странный нелюдимый старик. С местным быдлом он никогда не общается, поэтому никто из них даже не подозревает о том, что это Логан Хьюлетт, более известный миру как мутант “Росомаха”. Герою уже немногим за двести лет, и старик Логан прекрасно ощущает приближение скорой кончины. Его фантастическая регенерация начинает давать сбои. Она уже начисто лишила Логана его прежней памяти, оставив в его голове вместо чистых воспоминан...more
Emmett Spain
Tying in nicely to Bill Jemas’ Wolverine: Origin story, we get to see another speculative tale, this time of the end years of Wolverine’s existence. The story is quite well handled, even if the art is by times a confusing mess of lines and warped musculature that can occasionally make the action feel incoherent.

Nothing overly memorable here, but as a take on a rickety old Wolverine suffering from bad arthritis and a worse conscience, this is a passable way to spend the time.
Jason
started out with a decent enough premise but it just fizzled out.
msd
I enjoyed this novel immensely. There was just something so compelling about this aged Wolverine, still simmering, still angry and still searching. So much better than Origin, which I didn't really like that much. Maybe there's just something more readable about battle-scarred characters still sloping onwards with a spark of hope and a heap of attitude.
Taylor
This graphic novel and wolverine: the origin, are my secret relaxation reads. I love the subtle nods to everything Xmen in both the past and the future.

To see that even thought Wolverine tried to be good and be a hero, it hasn't always worked out and at the end it didn't matter either way.
Lola
Such an amazing twist in the wolverine comics. But if you are not a loyal fan of the clawed man then I suggest you don't read this cause it has a lot of spoilers. Plus their making a movie!!! Wolverine Origins,lets pray to God they don't mess this one up on the big screen.
Federiken Masters
Creo que lo leí en revistas. El número 1 que sacó Panini "Argentina" y los otros dos en números españoles. Me acuerdo más bien poco, pero sí que el final me pareció muy pedorro. Si corroboro que tengo todos los números, quizás se termine ganando una relectura.
J.
There really isn't much here--all the cool ideas are only hinted at. Instead, this story focuses on an Evil Older Brother and Plans of World Domination. Unfortunately standard. And some of this doesn't fit into chronology, anyway. Best skipped.
Starkville Public Library Young Adult Section
Set in the future far beyond Wolverine's exploits with the X-Men, Wolverine is an old, troubled man living alone in the Canadian wilderness until a strange letter sends him on a last quest to uncover the secrets of his past.
Molly
I love everything Marvel. The storylines are incredible! They have everything you could want: action, adventure, comedy, romance, political intrigue, allegories, metaphors, etc. Some stories drag, some end too soon.
Trico
Only read this if you've read the Wolverine Origins graphic novel. I would like to say that this book explained all the questions posed by the origins book but it doesn't. Still a good read.
Keenan Lee
while the idea of an old Wolverine is really interesting and all the story was really kind-a meh and could have been done better, still a really interesting read and worth it.
Petabyte
The first dozen pages of this book made it seem like it was gonna be a good read - unfortunately W:TE is muddled and boring. Moving on in the Wolverine book marathon...
Josh
Read this after Origins and you get a great picture of the life of Wolverine. Classic! Paul Jenkins is a wonderful artist.
Prakriti
Beautifully drawn, and the whole idea of Logan as an old man is quite appealing. However, the story is DUH!
Nacho Nebot
Propuesta interesante, que se desinfla en el primer número. Guión flojo y previsible y dibujo mediocre
Robert 'Rev. Bob'
Disappointing. Not a horrible story, but it's not "the end" of anything.
Rafael
it leaves you feeling blank and it does not make sense in so many ways
Hilton King
Only for diehard Wolverine fans.
Jordon Wallis
Jordon Wallis marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
  • Wolverine: Origins & Endings
  • Logan (Wolverine)
  • Essential Wolverine, Vol. 1
  • Wolverine: Weapon X (Marvel Premiere Classic)
  • Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine
  • Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk
  • The Rime of the Modern Mariner
  • Siege
  • The Dark Tower:  The Sorcerer
Paul Jenkins is a British comic book writer. He has had much success crossing over into the American comic book market. Primarily working for Marvel Comics, he has had a big part shaping the characters of the company over the past decade.
More about Paul Jenkins...
Wolverine: Origin Civil War: Front Line, Vol. 1 Civil War: Front Line, Vol. 2 Marvel Knights: The Inhumans The Sentry