Start by marking “Maude March on the Run!” as Want to Read:
Maude March on the Run!

Maude March on the Run! (Maude March Misadventures #2)

The papers call Maude notorious. But 12-year-old Sallie knows her big sister didn't do the things the stories say . . . not on purpose anyway. In fact, she and Maude have made a fresh start and are trying to live on the up-and-up. But just when the girls are settling into their new life, Maude is arrested—and before you can say "jailbreak," the orphaned sisters are back on ...more
Published May 13th 2008 by Yearling (first published January 23rd 2007)

Samma
Lucas
Jun 18, 2017 Lucas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Although the pace of the book seemed slow at times (as they were making their way across the plains) there was enough excitement, so to speak, to keep me reading (a couple of jail breaks, a couple of shoot outs, and several 'Maudes' finding their way into the papers).
Smaileh
Nov 14, 2008 Smaileh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sallie and Maude's safe haven with their Uncle Arlen is not as permanent as they hoped. He receives a telegram from in the Colorado Territory and feels honor bound to help an old friend in trouble. Maude is still working as a waitress and baker at the saloon, Marion is in charge of the livery stable, and Sallie, still dressed as a boy, helps out in the smithy. Things should be all right, but Sallie is uneasy without Uncle Arlen. Turns out she's right--Maude is recognized and arrested, Sallie and ...more
Susan
Nov 20, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, primary, fiction
The second book in the Maude March series steps up the action with the two sisters now living in Independence with their uncle. Maude working at a restuarantr, Sallie at her Uncle's stable, and Marion selling horses. Then Maude is recognized and the trio decides to head west after the Uncle who has gone to the Colorado Territory to help a friend. Once again the girls find them selves in situations where their undeserved reputation proceeds them and gets them into more trouble. And now there are ...more
Christina
Nov 20, 2010 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-fiction
Recommended for Grades 4 to 8
Sequel to The Misadventures of Maude March

Think you don’t like cowboy stories, that Westerns are only for your grandfather? Think again. This Wild West adventure stars a female teenage outlaw, Maude March, on the run from the Law (accused of a bank robbery and murder), traveling West from Independence, Missouri to Liberty, Kansas, with her younger sister, Sallie, and their friend Marion (who has some secrets of his own). There is hardly a dull moment out on the range
Bridget R. Wilson
Maude's re-entrance into regular life is short lived when she's recognized as a wanted criminal and arrested. Sallie couldn't be more thrilled to be back on the trail with her sister and their friend Marion Hardley. Their journey isn't easy. It's all filled with adventure. Will Maude ever be just Maude or will the infamy of "Mad Maude" follow her forever?

What I thought: Another great installment in Maude and Sallie's adventures. Trouble seems to follow them. I continue to enjoy Sallie's frank na
Didotwite
Jun 26, 2008 Didotwite rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Very much like Cushman's historicals there's enough grit and grime to feel real, but aware enough of modern sensibility to make this suitable as a read-aloud even for quite young children.

I felt the multiple Maude's was a missed opportunity; though the point seems clear to me I doubt it would to a child and it seems more like a dropped thread than an subtle treatment of a theme.

Sally's narration is brisk and endearing as always, I liked Maude even better this time around, and I can't wait for a
Lacey
Nov 18, 2014 Lacey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book two for Sallie and Maude March. Maude is still wanted by the law, but the girls are with Uncle Arlen now. It is a constant battle for the girls to hide from the law. Marion is in and out with then on their adventures. A good second book. It just didn't hold my attention quite as well as the first book. There must be another book as this isn't the end. Will have to find it to see how it all ends.
Red
Sep 08, 2007 Red rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls of any age
Shelves: fun, ya
I love these books! They take place in the pioneer days (mid-1800's) and follow the (mis)adventures of two young sisters (11 & 15) as life happens to them. The books are narrated by the younger sister, who is hooked on dime novels (cowboy adventure stories), and we see how they become wanted by the law and end up on the run. Very family oriented, very, very fun.
Lisa
Jan 28, 2008 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This sequel picks up where the first one leaves off and the plot meanders in much the same way, with the sisters finding themselves in a series of misadventures until they are finally able to reach their destination. The misadeventures though weren't as fun or fresh for me as in the first novel, but it was good to see how the story ends for Sallie and Maude (happy).
Sharon
Jun 25, 2014 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Not quite as entertaining as the first in the series, mostly because I really enjoyed the audio narrator on that one and read the actual book in this case. There was certainly a lot of rollicking adventure though, and I do highly recommend it for younger female readers who really don't care about princesses and fairies.
Carrie Snider
Jul 01, 2015 Carrie Snider rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome Audrey Couloumbis book! I could keep reading about Maud and Sallie and everyone else for a long time. I love her storytelling style. So many funny ways of saying things, and so many funny predicaments. I will be buying her books for my girls to read when they are probably middle school age.
Kathleen
Jul 05, 2008 Kathleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya_and_ya-lit
Loved it, just as much as the first one. Maude is a great character, and she really kicks butt. I'd have loved to have been her . . . well, except for the part where she's accidentally branded as a cold-blooded killer and horse thief. A fast-paced, well-written Wild West feminist romp. Kids (especially city kids) may need a lot of help with the background information and some vocabulary.
Leeann
Jul 14, 2015 Leeann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beginning of the book was difficult to follow, then all the different strands started coming together and I was able to keep track of the plot direction. I enjoyed the continuation of the story but there is either a sequel planned or the author has left us to make our own conclusions about Maude's heart.
Johnny Bennett
Feb 08, 2014 Johnny Bennett rated it liked it
This adventure has some fun points but has some plodding too. I suppose the desperation of the characters just wasn't as real in this one compared to the first. Maybe like others, a third book will be the best.
Marilyn
Apr 15, 2015 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sallie does it again!

The second book about Maude March. Branded as an outlaw by newspapers. She and her sister Sallie have more adventures than can be imagined. Their story is told through the eyes of Sallie who prefers being a boy most of the time.
Patricia
Oct 23, 2011 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute sequel to The Misadventures of Maude March. This was still a good book although it did not have quite the zip of book 1. This still earned four stars to the first book's five stars. I wish there were a book three, but I think this is it.
Harley Bennett
Mar 24, 2016 Harley Bennett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Great sequel to The Misadventures of Maude March. As narrated by Maude's little sister Sallie, the story is filled with lots of adventure and anxiety as the girls leave Independence in a hurry to join their in Uncle in the Colorado Territory.
Marina
Apr 15, 2010 Marina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i dont know why but i think i liked this book beter then the first one. it seemed more thought out and well i just thought it was better. all in all i believe this was a pretty ok series that wuldn't hurt to read.
Sallyavena
I actually couldn't get passed the first couple of chapters with this book. It was captivating or very well written in my opinion.
Karie
Mar 04, 2010 Karie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a decent sequel, though it kind of makes me wish this was a trilogy, just so the main characters can settle down some.
Arviontenichols
Oct 19, 2009 Arviontenichols rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i learned if you do somtheing wrong you are always get cought evently
PWRL
Jul 24, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Beth
Jul 15, 2009 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We started our evening reading time with this book and then went on to read other boks for the competition. This was just as good as the first one.
A
Nov 16, 2010 A rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is the second book in the maude march books. this one is really good also, and the two girls are still on the run but there is a lot more things and excitement.
Ibby
Jan 03, 2008 Ibby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the sequel to "The Misadventures of Maude March".
about as good as the first.
Sue
Sep 14, 2010 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This sequel was as delightful as the original. Sallie is a wise narrator with more lessons to learn as she falls into more misadventures with these fun characters.
Stephenie Witzman
Just Wish this was on audio.
Melany
Jul 31, 2012 Melany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
Very good book. Like the first.
Yara
Sallie and Maude are great characters in this western romp sequel, but I would recommend listening to it on CD because the narrator added a lot. (I rarely feel that way, too.)
  • The Claim (Boston Jane, #3)
  • Around the World in 100 Days
  • Exile (Lady Grace Mysteries, #5)
  • Into the Firestorm: A Novel of San Francisco, 1906
  • Top Ten Ways to Die (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #8)
  • Brother from a Box
  • The Devil's Paintbox
  • Riese: Kingdom Falling
  • Trail of Fate (The Youngest Templar, #2)
  • Strawberry Hill
  • The School for the Insanely Gifted
  • The Silent Order
  • Smells Like Pirates
  • The Legend of Bass Reeves
  • Forged in the Fire (No Shame, No Fear #2)
  • The Outlandish Adventures of Liberty Aimes
  • Surrender the Dawn (Surrender to Destiny, #3)
  • Much Ado About Grubstake
Audrey is a recently transplanted (yet again) New Yorker (by choice), now in Bunker Hill, West Virginia (also by choice), where Civil War ghosts scare the dogs at night, where a CSX train track runs behind the house and the romantic sound of a faraway train can be heard three or four times a day, where she is starting a new garden of rambling roses and assorted deer-resistant flowering shrubs and ...more
More about Audrey Couloumbis...

Maude March Misadventures (2 books)
  • The Misadventures of Maude March (Maude March Misadventures #1)

“But past events had impressed uponme how fast things could go wrong, and how different life might be after they did.” 5 likes