Start by marking “Chaos” as Want to Read:
Chaos

Chaos

Published January 1st 2007 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos

Teri
Oct 02, 2008 Teri rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone

When I read the review on this suspense thriller last year, I knew I had to read it. When Jason Harrington received a cryptic greeting card in his mail slot at the junior high he teaches at, he tosses it in the garbage, but when he finds his apartment broken into and totally ransacked and an ominous phone call, he runs, attempting to stay one step ahead of this assassin. Along with his ex-girlfriend Kelly, they search the internet for clues, even so much as hiring a private investigator to find
Linnae
Aug 10, 2016 Linnae rated it really liked it
So this falls into the thriller sub-genre: "ordinary person is framed for heinous crimes and has to run for his life." I could make a separate bookshelf for them on goodreads, but the name would be longer than the list itself.

Jason Harrington is a teacher. His life is pretty normal. That all changes one afternoon when he gets home to find that his apartment has been ripped apart, including a knife slammed into the headboard. Then he gets a phone call that puts him on the run: essentially, he's b
Swhe641200
Nov 16, 2014 Swhe641200 rated it it was ok
11.2014. Quick read, adventure story.
Wylee Carter
Jan 11, 2016 Wylee Carter rated it it was ok
The general story idea is great, but the action kind of stumbles. A lot of words wasted on trivial things like Jason's messy hair after a car accident, and sleeping in hotel rooms, sleeping in cars, sleeping in a tent. . .
Still an interesting tale, it was just too low on the action-meter for me.
Susan
Feb 18, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
Read and enjoyed but not outstanding. Jason Harrington returns to his apartment to find it trashed and with pills and pill bottles lying on his bed. The phone rings and a voice threatens him. He goes into hiding (multi reasons) and finds himself framed for killing four policemen. The problem is he doesn't know why-- Why someone wants him dead nor why he is being framed.
Brenda
Aug 12, 2009 Brenda rated it liked it
It was an interesting book, but the author spent WAY too much time trying to educate the reader about so many different things. The story and characters were very good, but I felt a bit like I was in a college course during several parts of the book. A man's take on romance is always amusing to me......
Jeannette
Aug 07, 2008 Jeannette rated it liked it
A fun book to read. Jeff keeps it a pretty fast pace and interesting. He paints a great picture. Knowing Jeff personally I find it interesting how he is able to portray a character that seems so different than himself. Or maybe I really didn't know the inner Jeff. Good job Jeff!
Megan Swanson
Oct 12, 2010 Megan Swanson rated it liked it
This was an interesting book. It goes along with the chaos theory and the fact that there is always a pattern to the chaos that has a tendency to tear apart our lives. There were no loose ends at the end of the book, which I was glad for. I've read a bit too many of those recently.
Jessica
Aug 16, 2010 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is the first mystery/suspense novel I have read in a long time. It is pretty simple and there were several things I figured out way before the author unveiled the truth, but there are several twists to the story that were unexpected. All in all, it is an enjoyable, clean story.
Ellise Weaver
Mar 17, 2013 Ellise Weaver rated it really liked it
Very good. I enjoyed this new author I'd never read before. The fact that he lives right here is amazing! Good luck, Jeff!

~Ellise

P.S. You give us courage that those of us writing will get published, even from obscure places. :)
Trent Mikesell
Aug 11, 2009 Trent Mikesell rated it really liked it
This book is about a junior high English teacher who gets framed for murder--the fact that he is a teacher is what drew me to it. It's not the best book ever; at times, it is a little silly. However, it's a fast and fun read.
Jenn
Jul 16, 2012 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action-adventure
I loved this book. It has a Jason Bourne feel, but without the lockbox with multiple passports and endless cash. It was fun to watch a regular person come up with realistic solutions to an insane situation.
Bronwyn
Aug 28, 2009 Bronwyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, mystery
Oh My Word!!! This was an amazing book and I learned a lot about history in the process. A great book for anyone who loves romance, mystery, and maybe the Red Mafia.
Jodi
May 23, 2011 Jodi rated it liked it
I had to read this because I know this author. He did a good job! It is your typical LDS action, romance. If you like that kind of book, you will like this one!
Shari
Jun 04, 2009 Shari rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. I like mysteries. I especially like authors that write without any trash. I don't have to worry about what is on the next page.
Brittany
Jan 21, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great book! This is my first time reading this author(always a scary thing to try someone new). Kept my interest all the way through.
Susan
May 03, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read
An ordinary guy, Jason is falsely identified as a traitor by the Russian Mafia. He's on the run trying to save his life!
Christiansen
May 29, 2008 Christiansen rated it it was amazing
I think this is an awesome book, it has kept my attention the entire way through. I really enjoy this author.
Norah Baron
Good mystery. Fast paced and kept me very interested. Read the book in three hours because I couldn't put it down.
Ann
Sep 04, 2009 Ann rated it really liked it
The suspense was good. It kind of seemed like the explanation/ending was rushed. Still a fun read.
Mary
Dec 09, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
Loved this book. It was hard to put down and written for the LDS audience.
Patricia
May 18, 2013 Patricia rated it really liked it

This was an interesting story that kept me going to the end.
Navajojim
Aug 11, 2008 Navajojim rated it it was amazing
A good story thats believable with a touch of lds religion. Awesome.
Patty Abel
Dec 27, 2011 Patty Abel rated it liked it
My son Kavyn's Math teacher wrote this book. Pretty cool.
Kim
Mar 23, 2010 Kim rated it liked it
This was a pretty good - fast paced- action book.
Shar
Nov 13, 2008 Shar rated it liked it
THis one was a little much for me...
Nancy
Apr 02, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it
A really good thriller.
Kamila
Kamila marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Shelli N
Shelli N marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016