Start by marking “Daddy Hug” as Want to Read:
Daddy Hug

Daddy Hug

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Daddies come in all shapes and sizes—slimy and scruffy, long and fluffy! And daddies make all different kinds of noises—squeak and chirp, buzz and bumble! But what do all daddies have in common? They make us feel safe and snug with tender daddy hugs!
Published April 29th 2008 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Daddy Hug, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy Hug

This could not have been a more pointless and uneducated children's book. There is absolutely no point in why it was written and I feel like it is not a social issue for children to recognize. There are more serious issues as opposed to letting letting children know that fathers give different types of hugs. The quote is " Daddies come in all shapes and sizes—slimy and scruffy, long and fluffy! And daddies make all different kinds of noises—squeak and chirp, buzz and bumble! But what do all dadd ...more
Wendy Daniel
All of the noises each daddy makes is so great for teaching vocabulary and phonological awareness. Just repeating the sounds with the kids and having them "feel" them in their mouths is so much fun to watch. kids ages 1-3 will enjoy how physical these dads are with their babies.
There are a wide range of animals shown with their daddies and the pictures are large and bright. I really liked the variety of descriptive words and the simple rhyming throughout.
Erma Talamante
A cute Daddy-baby book full of daddy love. Each colorful page encourages conversation as the Daddy descriptions are written in bold, colorful letters.
Part of the story time week for Father's Day. I love Mommy Mine and Daddy Hug is pretty sweet too.
This book is full of action words about what daddy animals and human daddy's can do with their children.
Jul 21, 2010 Hafidha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers and preschoolers
Nice drawings of different forest animals - I liked the detail of creatures great and small. There are elephants, raccoons, snakes, and even snails. I'm not sure my not-quite-two year old understands the vocabulary (scruffy, prickly, etc.) yet, but I think she'll be able to grow into this book. Lots of mommy hugs books out there, so it's nice to have a daddy hugs book, too.
Recommended Ages: babies and toddlers

Very simple text with beautiful illustrations by Jane Chapman (artist for the Karma Wilson "Bear" books). Various animals and their daddies are depicted in playful poses.
darn, i forgot to use this for the last daddy and me. all types of animal dads show their love for offspring in their unique way. very well-illustrated and appealing both in text and picture.
How do different Daddies in the jungle hug their little ones? My kids of course loved the page with the burping...I loved the rhyming. The pictures were super cute.
Amanda_DJ n' Zac
DJ ready this to his brother when he got home from school today. So cute how they get excited about each animal in these amazing illustrations.
Nicely paced & joyfully illustrated text about animal kingdom daddies and their babies.
Perfect for my almost 3 year old, and Jane Chapman's pictures are wonderful as always.
Animal Daddies doing various things. Quick easy words, simple reading level.
Great artwork. Natalie loved this book. She found a lot of it very funny.
Fun book, should be good for toddlers and young pre-k
so cute and fun to read over and over again
My almost 3 year old really loved this one.
This is a great book to use with toddlers!
Wendy Kuzma
Cute! Nice and short for Toddler Time.
Love it! Amazing illustrations.
Dec 26, 2014 Dana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Nice and simple.
Sarah Nelson
Sarah Nelson marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Children's author / illustrator Tim Warnes' first book was published in 1995; since then he's worked on more than 65 books, which have been translated into 18 different languages (9 of these he wrote). He also writes a twice weekly comic strip, Chalk & Cheese.

Awards include the Nottinghamshire Children's Book Award for I don't want to go to bed! which features the popular Little Tiger characte
More about Tim Warnes...