Start by marking “Out of Time: A Time Travel Novel” as Want to Read:
Out of Time: A Time Travel Novel

Out of Time: A Time Travel Novel

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A scientist discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong. The time travelers meet all sorts of 20th century characters, but, someone is tryin ...more
ebook
Published April 7th 2010 by Cliff Ball (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Out of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Time

Impeding Justice by M.A. ComleyIn Memory of Greed by Al BoudreauNumber 13 by M.G. WellsFinal Justice by M.A. ComleyThe Time Hunters by Carl Ashmore
Kindle Authors
32nd out of 262 books — 180 voters
Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutHeart of Oak by David        CookLiberty or Death by David        CookBrett Enters the Square Circle by David D. D'AguannoAn Elephant Is On My House by Othen Donald Dale Cummings
Kindle Books under 3 bucks
310th out of 570 books — 500 voters

More lists with this book...

Anita
This is a brilliant story. The details in some parts of the story may be a little sparse but you'd be wrapped around enough with all the goings back in time to 'correct' certain events or outcomes in the past. The way the author intertwines the future to be part of the past is truly intriguing, if not mind-boggling. If the story doesn't tie your mind up in knots, it surely makes you question if time is linear or fluid. In either case, tinkering with time, even if for the purposes of 'improving' ...more
LeAnna Shields
Some of the most famous events in American and world history set the stage in this great sci-fi time travel adventure. It catches your attention from the start and never lets go until you reach the end. The characters are well rounded and well written. The historical events are well researched and written to where it's plausible.
Sally
I downloaded the sample and have to say that it hooked me. So I decided that I wanted to read the whole story.

I enjoyed reading Out of Time, and thought it very interesting in regard to how they dealt with the missions the characters were sent on, and I also loved the ending. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Considering time travel has been done a lot in books, I found this novella unique and liked the way the author tied it all together. Once I started, I had trouble putting it down.
Angela Lambkin
I am giving this ebook "Out of Time". five stars for what I thought was a very good Christian time travel suspenseful mystery! I found that especially when I had come to chapter 8 just had to stay up late even though at times I was feeling my eyes to tell me it was time to stop but found that I couldn't and needed to finish reading this ebook that late at night to see how it was all going to turn out for Hawking, etc. I had really enjoyed reading it and wished that I could have had an opportunit ...more
Jeff Dawson
Yes we are. The main problem with this story is the amount of history Mr. Ball tries to cover in a very short convoluted time frame. I believe it would have been much better to cut about 30% of the historical references out and stick with a fluid story. As it is, the reader is propelled from 1600 to 2157then back to 1865 to 1941 to 2001 and back to 2157 in 30,000 words. Talk about a monumental undertaking! And that is the problem. Along with that, because one is trying to cover so much in so lit ...more
Diana
Thought provoking for sure! Some of the zooming back and forth in time was a little confusing but it still kept me interested enough to keep going. It was amazing to me the historical events that were chosen to be changed and how some would be left alone because the repercussions of changing a detail would have been too devastating. The possible scenarios were interesting.
Arni Vidar Bjorgvinsson
There isn't really much going on in the story department, but the whole book seems more like a quick journey through US history and a contemplation on the problems and paradox theories involving time travel.

An interesting read, regardless, and by no means a waste of my time or money.
Joanne
You know, I really enjoyed this book. Quite a new take on subject and I loved what Cliff Ball did with the history aspect, how he changed history (right on!)
Ipswichblade
Nice easy to read time travel novel, is it me or are books quicker to read on the Kindle
Jason Jones
Author has a gifted imagination.
Priscilla Aadarsh
Priscilla Aadarsh marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Gina Schneider
Gina Schneider marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Debbe Swafford
Debbe Swafford marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Art Torres
Art Torres marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Bill Matheson
Bill Matheson marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Mike Lemke
Mike Lemke marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Cheri
Cheri marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Time Travel: Cliff Ball - Out of Time 9 44 Sep 24, 2014 02:04PM
Writers and Readers : Out of Time: a time travel novella 3 11 Apr 23, 2012 11:57AM
I'm a Christian first and foremost. My novels are written from my worldview, so they have either Christian or Conservative themes in them. I live in D/FW, have 2 BA's and Technical Writing Certificate from University of North Texas. I won 3rd in a short story contest for a magazine through my high school Creative Writing class. I've been independently published since 2008.

I'm a fan of a bunch of
More about Cliff Ball...
The Usurper Times of Turmoil (The End Times Saga #1) Times of Rebellion (The End Times Saga #4) Jon Ryan: Christian End Times Short Story Times of Trial (The End Times Saga #3)