Start by marking “Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford)” as Want to Read:
Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford)

Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,361 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Lovable, reliable Clifford comes to the rescue when a hurricane strikes. Once again, the heroism and humor of America's favorite Big Red Dog saves the day--and Emily Elizabeth's grandparents' home--when the big storm comes.
Paperback, First Scholastic Edition, 32 pages
Published April 1st 1995 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Clifford and the Big Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clifford and the Big Storm

Russell
Feb 17, 2015 Russell rated it liked it
If only we had Clifford protecting the Jersey shore when Sandy hit. One of the most action-packed Clifford stories I've seen.

(view spoiler)
Gabriela
Oct 09, 2015 Gabriela rated it liked it
My students love this book and I love this author. As a child I used to read Clifford obsessively, my mother was a kindergarten teacher so we had a huge children's book library. Clifford is fabulous, what's more exciting than a giant dog bigger than your house who is bright red and protects your grandmas house from hurricanes? Absolutely nothing, that's what. Maybe my own dogs. This book is #flawless and I won't hear a word against it.
Rosa Cline
Dec 13, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Now this is the Clifford book I remember as a kid... Clifford and Emily Elizabeth go and visit her grandma on the island. But a big storm comes in and they have to leave the house. Clifford knows Grandma is worried about her house so he heads back and protects the house and saves boats, other dogs and anyone he can while he's helping save her house. This is the heroic Clifford I grew up with 40 years ago!
Christy
Oct 05, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Christy by: My Mom
Clifford was always my favorite dog as a child before I got my own. He was one of the reasons I wanted one so much. My mom would read them to me and then I learned to read them too.

Emily Elizabeth has a dog named Clifford. He is the biggest red dog ever.

In this book he took her to her grandma's who lives on the beach. All is going good until a big storm comes their way.

Clifford springs into action and saves the day and a few others along the way.
Kat
Oct 11, 2015 Kat rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books, 2015
Basic Plot: Clifford protects grandma's house during a hurricane.

Meh.
K.C.
Mar 30, 2016 K.C. rated it it was amazing
C
Nicole (Stop Staring At My Books Jr.) Williams
This book in a new paperback cost $0.01, if used paperback it cost $0.01. On Amazon.
Pam
Apr 02, 2008 Pam rated it it was amazing
I just read this in Spanish. I'm reliving a lot of my childhood as well as keeping my Spanish up by reading classics like Clifford books in Spanish. Clifford is such a hero! In this book, he saves Emily Elizabeth and her grandma as well as her grandmother's house from a hurricane.
What fun to imagine riding on the back of a friendly giant red dog!....Imagine beating traffic on the back of Clifford!....imagine...imagine...
Brian
Sep 21, 2008 Brian rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids
I was a little concerned reading to my almost 4 year-old daughter now this hurricane was trying to destroy grandma's house. She seemed to grasp that we don't live near the ocean so we don't have to worry about giant waves or boats crashing into our house. Hopefully no nightmares are in the forecast.
Jeffrey
Apr 14, 2009 Jeffrey rated it liked it
A (perhaps inappropriately) cute little book about Emily Elizabeth and Clifford experiencing a hurricane. Complete with Emily Elizabeth being evacuated beforehand. Good for helping kids understand hurricanes and what happens when they hit populated areas.
Blanca R.
Mar 01, 2013 Blanca R. rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, pet
I can use this book to ask children about their favorite pets and ask them what they like to do with that pet.
Learning experience: Draw a picture of their favorite pet that they would like to have or they already have at home.
Sep 21, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This Clifford book is especially compelling for youngsters - the threat of a big storm, evacuating one's home, and a dog-hero all add up to make a great read.
Libby
Apr 19, 2010 Libby rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
A Clifford adventure courtesy of Durham Co. Public Library--I actually liked this one pretty well and it was well read for the week we had it!
Amanda Day
Oct 11, 2012 Amanda Day rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, fantasy
Another cute Clifford book. This could be a fun book to read when discussing hurricanes with the class.
Theresa
Apr 10, 2012 Theresa rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
good early reader, using texet to relate to the television show, a cute childhood story book.
Amanda Taylor
Oct 24, 2012 Amanda Taylor rated it really liked it
Great book to ask questions with. Also good for students to imagine
Lisa
Oct 31, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Samuel
May 24, 2009 Samuel added it
I learned that it is good to protect others.
Rachel
Jul 20, 2016 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2016-new
SM
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2016
Charalampia
Charalampia marked it as to-read
Kaitlyn Rombach
Kaitlyn Rombach marked it as to-read
Nicolas
Nicolas rated it really liked it
Anabelle Ortiz
Anabelle Ortiz rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Steven Chang
Steven Chang marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Stephanie Grisham
Stephanie Grisham marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Chores [With Press-Out Berenstain Bears]
  • Curious George Visits the Zoo
  • Dora's Backpack (Dora the Explorer, #6)
  • Toy Story (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Curious George Learns the Alphabet
  • Just Me and My Puppy (Little Critter)
  • Arthur Writes a Story (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Max's Christmas
  • Humpty Dumpty Climbs Again
  • You And Me, Little Bear
  • Happy Halloween, Biscuit!
  • Mrs. McNosh and the Great Big Squash
  • The Night Before Halloween
  • Dora Goes to School (Dora the Explorer, #8)
Norman Bridwell is an American author and cartoonist, best-known for the Clifford the Big Red Dog series of children's books. Bridwell attended John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana. He currently resides on Martha's Vineyard, MA, where he continues to write an average of two books a year.

More about Norman Bridwell...

Clifford the Big Red Dog (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • Clifford Gets a Job
  • Clifford Takes A Trip
  • Clifford's Halloween
  • Clifford's Tricks (Clifford)
  • Clifford The Small Red Puppy