Start by marking “The Magic Key” as Want to Read:
The Magic Key

The Magic Key (Playscripts )

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Oxford Reading Tree remains the nation's favourite reading scheme and countless children have learnt to read with Biff, Chip, and Kipper. We are delighted to unveil its fresh new look for today's children, teachers and parents, with lively new covers and fresh artwork. Engaging new artwork and covers Alex Brychta's unique style of artwork enthrals and entertains children, ...more
Published September 11th 2003 by Oxford University Press (first published January 1st 1986)

Chanelle Ambersley
The Magic Key is one of the books in the series 'The Magic Key'. It is a book that follows three children - Biff, Chip and Kipper; and their parents, grandmother and dog. Whilst I was growing up this story taught me to use my imagination in creating my own short stories. The fact that these stories are not real showed me how broad my creativity could really be.

As someone who has always enjoyed reading, I would have preferred if the stories were longer. But I do understand now that this may be a
Noor
i loved the Biff and Chip chronicles!! they were the reason my reading improved as a child.. loved them and highly recommend them for parents looking to purchase books for their loved one.
Shima Uddin
Roderick Hunt is famously known for his storybooks of Biff and Chip. His books follow the lives of three children Biff, Chip and kipper as they experience many adventures caused by the magic key. There are many stages to the sequence of books, with the starting age from four to nine. These books are used to develop the understanding and reading of standard English. The illustrations in the books also hold great importance as from a reader’s perspective you get to use your imagination and feel as ...more
Farhin
I read The Magic Key books in primary school from years 1-3 and these are the most memorable books of my time! I absolutely loved these when I was kid and I really want to get my hands on my own copy for nostalgia's sake.

We had a reading system in our school where you had to complete all the stages of The Magic Key until you could read books of your choice - and I distinctly remember becoming one of the first "free-readers" of my year! :D
I doubt they still use these books which is a shame reall
Pasut
i love this books
Fameeda
Biff, Chip and Kipper books are by far the most memorable books from my primary school and i have to say my all time favourite has got to be the magic key!
It constitutes an adventure which really lets you use your imagination and it is great for children to use as a model for their own short stories as the adventure is imagined rather than real. Exciting and motivational book great for children learning to read.
Jackie
These and all the many books in the Magic Key series are absolutely brilliant adventure stories.
The illustrations are a feast for the eyes, packed with humour and emotion.
Chihiro
I read this book when I was young. I love ORT! That key will make some trouble. Biff, Chip and Kipper have a lot of adventure, these are very funny!
Tabitha Munyaka
read this books when i was a kid i loved them very much
Cristina
It is fiction
It is about a magic key
Yushi Agarwal
Yushi Agarwal marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Marshmells
Marshmells marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Syed Touheed
Syed Touheed is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2015
Hm
Hm added it
Mar 19, 2015
Osama Ha
Osama Ha is currently reading it
Mar 17, 2015
Vutthy Siv
Vutthy Siv marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Albaraakhader
Albaraakhader marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Carley Field
Carley Field marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Savitha Nc
Savitha Nc marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Charlotte Bacon
Charlotte Bacon marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Lizzie
Lizzie is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2015
  • Hot Dog
  • The Hodgeheg
  • Mr. Uppity (Mr. Men Library)
  • Suddenly!
  • That's Not My Truck
  • Ride for Your Life! (Creepella Von Cacklefur #6)
  • The Cowgirl Aunt of Harriet Bean (Harriet Bean, #3)
  • Sleepy Kittens
  • Mr Gum in the Hound of Lamonic Bibber
  • Cops and Robbers
  • Claude In The City
  • Stuck Inside On A Snowy Day (The World of Michael-Gichael, January)
  • The Fisherman & His Wife
  • Violet Mackerel's Remarkable Recovery (Violet Mackerel, #2)
  • Sophie's Secret War: A Second World War Girl's Diary, 1939-1940
  • Gemma and Sisters (Gemma, #2)
  • Just a Little Sick (Little Critter)
  • Fox and His Friends

Playscripts (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The New House (Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 4: Storybooks)
  • Village In The Snow (Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 5: Storybooks: Magic Key)
  • Dad's Grand Plan (Oxford Reading Tree, Stage 6, More Stories B)
  • Land Of The Dinosaurs (Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 6 And 7: Storybooks)
  • Robin Hood (Oxford Reading Tree: Stages 6-7: Storybooks: Magic Key)
  • Red Planet (Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 7: Owls Playscripts)
  • The Broken Roof (Oxford Reading Tree, Stage 7, Stories)
  • Lost In The Jungle (Oxford Reading Tree, Stage 7, Stories)
  • The Willow Pattern Plot (Oxford Reading Tree, Stage 7, More Stories B)
  • House for Sale (Oxford Reading Tree, Stage 4, Stories)
Biff and Chip Storybooks (Oxford Reading Tree) Village In The Snow (Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 5: Storybooks: Magic Key) The Flying Carpet (Oxford Reading Tree, Stage 8, Stories) The Dragon Tree (Oxford Reading Tree, Stage 5, Storybooks, Magic Key) Pirate Adventure (Oxford Reading Tree, Stage 5, Storybooks, Magic Key)