Start by marking “El Monje Que Vendió Su Ferrari” as Want to Read:
El Monje Que Vendió Su Ferrari

El Monje Que Vendió Su Ferrari

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  47,809 ratings  ·  2,433 reviews
A raíz de un infarto, Julien, un exitoso abogado, decide cambiar de vida y se va a pasar tres años entre los Sabios de Sivana en el Himalaya; después de este período regresa sano, rejuvenecido y en plena forma, con la misión de impartir las lecciones recibidas.
Visita a su amigo y ayudante John y le explica su experiencia, en forma de una fábula con mensaje espiritual: se t
Published July 5th 2005 by Debolsillo (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about El Monje Que Vendió Su Ferrari, please sign up.

Shyam amazing and inspirational read

David Tendo
Loved the message, just didn't like the format it was presented in. Felt like the author just had a list of frequently asked questions and set out to answer each and every one of them one by one systematically, so there wasn't much narrative or actual enjoyment in the reading of it. The "story" is essentially just 2 guys talking over dinner, actually only 1 guy talking (the titular Monk), the other guy is just there to ask the questions in between the long monologues and to confirm the Monk's an ...more
"The monk who sold his Ferrari" can be called as life-changing novel!
These kind of novels add essence to your life and gives you direction specially in the hard times. It gives you the answer to the questions like What is the purpose of life? How we can attain happiness and satisfaction? etc..
Nothing in it is Unknown to us yet it makes us notice that "Known"!
It tells us to savor each moment with exuberance along with an aim in life.. It is our prerogative to lead a happy successful and rewarding
قراءة : حاتم سالم

عنوان لافت للنظر يختصر قصة محامي ناجح يسقط ارضا اثر ازمة قلبية في جلسة مرافعة. في آخر الأيام تبدلت أحوال جوليان مانتل إلى ذلك الشخص الذي يطنب لساعات في قاعة المحكمة دون أن يستطيع أن يغير من مسار قضية موكله شيئا !. لقد كان محاميا لامعا يملك كل ما يتمناه أي شخص , يلبس بذلات ايطالية لا يقل السعر الواحدة منها عن ثلاثة آلاف من الدولارات و يرتاد أرقى المقاهي الليلية بصحبة الفاتنات.

في ثوان معدودة حسمت الأزمة القلبية الأمر. وكأنها نتيجة للانفلات الاجتماعي والعاطفي والروحاني الذي كان يعي
Astrid Natasastra
Now I rarely read a book and stopped halfway.
Unless if it's really really boring.
Such as this one.
And it wasn't supposed to be boring. Because it's a fable.
But I didn't get anything out of it.So halfway reading, I skim through the rest.
I have the habit of joting down verses/nice words from my readings and..this book failed to give me anything.

Other than that.. I feel like it's a 'trying too hard version'of 'The Secret', 'Eat Pray Love' (the 'Pray section) and 'Tuesday with Morrie'

So sadly to say
Peep Laja
Jun 03, 2007 Peep Laja rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people searching for meaning and direction
The first time I read this book I just loved it. I read it at the time when I was asking myself questions regarding 'What to do with my life?'.

I found the book very energizing, giving me a lot of inspiration and motivation to go on and many answers to my questions.

When I read the book the second time, it didn't seem to have the same effect.

PS! Who is looking for great literary value, will be disappointed. Sharma is no writer, but if you can focus on the message, it won't bother.
Sanjay Gautam
A mediocre book. Although the author has tried to make the book full of wisdom, it hardly achieve its desired result - of helping an individual; it utterly fails to make any impact.
Rami Shouk
Apr 07, 2013 Rami Shouk rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
THE most useful book I have read so far!
I guess, that when you read this book, if you open your mind to its ideas and concepts, you’re gonna find it revolutionizing and life changing. Otherwise, you’re just gonna think it’s boring and never go through with it. Well, in my case, and because I was looking for this kind of book for so long, I found it very useful, and I just KNOW that lots of things in my life won’t be the same because of it.
In a very simple, yet very meaningful, short story Robi
I categorized this book under spoofs because it made me laugh so much. I wanted to stop reading it because I found it ridiculous, but I wouldn't feel worthy of panning it here if I hadn't completed it and the joy of sharing my take on this book kept me turning pages and dog-earring quotable pages.

First, let me be clear, I like me some cheese; I like it with crackers and I like it with wine and I like it in my entertainment and personal growth. That this book is cheesier than a Velveeta factory w
Mona M. Kayed

لطالما سمعتً عن هذا الكتاب ، لكن أملي خاب فيه بشدة لدى قراءته . أفكار الكتاب ضحلة للغاية و ممجوجة حقاً . هنا أودّ أن أطرح سؤالاً عذبني طيلة فترة القراءة : ما مشكلة الناس مع العبادة ؟! أعني حقاً لم يعانون من كل هذا الخواء الروحي المرعب ؟

أعلم أنني هنا لستُ بصدد بيان ميزات الدين الإسلامي ، فأنا جاهلة فيه قبل كل شيء ، لكنني لم أستطع أن أمنع نفسي حقاً من المقارنة .. فكرة الكتاب تدور حول نظام الأيام السبعة من أجل السيطرة على العقل و الروح للوصول إلى حالة الامتلاء النفسي ، النظام يدور بشكل أساسي حول ا
الكتاب بشكل عام يحث على عدم اليأس من هموم الحيآة مشآكلها ومصآئبها ،،

ايضا كآنت محاولة من الكآتب في نقل الثقآفة الهندية إلي الغرب ،،
ومحآولة التأثير بالرجل الغربي وصرفه عن مآيسمى "بالحلم الامريكي"،
والذي يعتقده الغرب ،، هو مآيحيآ من اجله الرجل الغربي

أيضا نجح في تصوير او تشبيه عقل الانسآن بالحقل او الحديقة ،،
فكلما اهتممت به وزينته بالازهآر النآفعة ،،كلما سآندك ورفع من قدرك امام الناس
وكلما سقيته بالعالم النافع ،، اثمر بالافكار الثمينة

كتاب يستحق الاقتناء ومفيد لمن يبحث عن تطوير وانارة عقله
Ενα βιβλίο που αξίζει να το διαβάσει κάθε αναγνώστης και να το έχει στη βιβλιοθήκη του. Δεν πρόκειται βέβαια για λογοτεχνία, αλλά για ένα βιβλίο /οδηγό για το σύγχρονο άνθρωπο που συχνά χάνει το πραγματικό νόημα της ζωής και αναλώνεται σε ανούσια θέματα που απομυζούν το χρόνο και την ύπαρξή του. Αλληγορικό και ανθρώπινο μπορεί να μας βοηθήσει να βελτιώσουμε τις σχέσεις μας με τον εαυτό μας και τους γύρω μας
أبدع روبن شارما في راويته هذه لأبعد الحدود، فهي حقًا مع راوية ‘الخيميائي’ أفضل الروايات التي قرأتها في حياتي ..
تدور أحداث هذه الرواية حول محامي من الطبقة الثرية، الطبقة المخملية، المترفة، الذي يملك كل شيء : أرقام فليكة، قصر يسكن فيه، سيارة فيراري، سمعة مهنية براقة .. لكنه يصاب بأزمة قلبية تجعله يدرك أهمية أن يجري في حياته تغيير جذري وداخلي عميق .. فيسافر لجبال التبت بحثًا عن حكمة الشرق ورحانيته وهناك يتلقي الحكماء وينهل منهم حكمة التغيير الشخصي ..
وبأسلوب أدبي جميل، يعرض جوليان مانتل (المحامي الذ
Muthazhagu Palanisamy
A lot irritated by the narration, but not the content.

May be it is my prejudice - I find the "fable" approach to self-help books tedious to read. The last one I read, that took a similar approach, was Gung Ho! by Ken Blanchard, and came off thinking that the whole book was silly. The Monk Who... came highly recommended, and hence I plunged in.

The book starts off on a promising note - hot-shot lawyer has a heart-attack in court, right after winning a big case. What happens next?

Here's what happe
Abhay Kulkarni
I'd been wanting to read this book from a long time now and wow, what an amazing and inspirational read it turned out to be to start the year with! It was subtle yet powerful, insightful and thought provoking, studded with many wise profound sayings that'll blow your mind.

It talks about all the right things that are necessary to lead a fulfilling life in the right spirit. The points that the writer addresses and the wisdom that he shares through this story might seem obvious to the reader initi
Catherine Howard
Outing myself as a reader of self-improvement books with this review, but so what... I think it's all a bit of a waste of time if you don't try to spend some of your time improving your life from within.

THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI didn't start off well for me because I absolutely detest fables; my idea of cruel and unusual punishment is being forced to re-read THE CELESTINE PROPHECY, for example. My problem with fables is that they are, more often than not, stupid. They come across as a child
Catherine Oughtibridge
The monk who sold his Ferrari, is a misleading title. The man who sold his Ferrari and became a monk, would have been more accurate. The idea of a monk driving a Ferrari is somewhat thought provoking and made me smile. The book itself was a merger between fiction and instruction on techniques to perfect your life experience. From a fiction point of view, it too often told rather than showed. It’s an easy to read book (I read it in an afternoon) and the structure works well making it easy to reme ...more
Nojood Alsudairi
ربما كان أهم فصل هو الفصل التاسع الذي أعطى فيه الراهب الطقوس العشر. حلول عملية

- طقس الاختلاء

- طقس الجسد ( ساعات رياضة اسبوعيا)

- طقس الغذاء الصحي (خضار)

- القراءة ( دقيقة يوميا)

- طقس التأمل الشخصي (الداخلي)

- الصلاة (شكرا)

- العيش التابض بالحياة (الاستماع للموسيقى)

- طقس الكلمة الملفوظة (عبارات ذات قيمة)

- طقس الشخصية المنسجمة (اجراءات لبناء الشخصية)

- طقس البساطة (الملبس غير الفاخر والتقليل من كمية الطعام)

لا حاجة لقراءة الكتاب إن كنتم تؤمنون بأهمية الطقوس السابقة الذكر :)
آلاء  سامي
كتاب مذهل !!

وكأنه هدية من الله لي في هذه المرحلة الحرجة من حياتي
Read this book if you want to add a new dimension to your life. It is the first spiritual book I read. Usually I didn’t go for such books for the reason that seeking more into religion would cover it. Now I realize that regardless of your religion, these books contain vital knowledge and information that you might encounter for the first time in your life. One topic which was innovative and influential is the inner spiritual serenity, self-knowledge and self-control. I always had a glimpse of it ...more
Jojo A
What can I say about this book. At the very begining of it I was glad to read it because it had triggered many bad habits I was doing related to my thinking which awakened me. However, I was doing 3/4 of what Julian was talking about, so I was more familiar with what he mentioned or tired to convey.

The story if fanatic which is produced in a phsycological analysis. It's yes inspirational, but come on! They made the 10 ritual habits so easy to do which is not, when I reached the half of the book
Vamsi Kompella
I started reading "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" by Robin Sharma to escape three things. One, depression caused by sadness. Two, sadness caused by many things ( I don't want to list them coz it leads to an essay about my sadness). And finally, boredom which emptied my mind and made way for sadness. In the initial 25 or so pages, the novel seemed to have a story and it was not bad. Two characters were introduced, Julian and John. Soon, we realise that John is somewhat natural and has some sense ...more
A spiritual journey of a hot-shot lawyer who owns a 'fabolous' life and a ferrari, and eventually turns himself to become a monk and live a truly enlightened life.
He shares his amazing experience and new wisdom that he has gained to his former colleague. These wisdoms are shared throughout the entire book.
Most of them are really inspirational to live a life full of purpose.
ياسمين ثابت

الراهب الذي باع سيارته الفراري
عنوان ذكي جدا وغريب شوية
يمكن يعتبر افضل ما في هذا الكتاب

لست ادري ايجب ان اصنف الكتاب على انه رواية ام كتاب تنمية بشرية
لانه مفيهوش اي قصة خالص كل ما في الامر ان الكاتب كتب نصائحه على هيئة حديث بين بطلين

وهذا ما جعل هذا الكتاب في منتهى الملل (بمعنى اصح حسيت انه الكاتب ضحك عليا وقالي انها رواية في حين انها كتاب تنمية بشرية وانا موتي وسمي كتب التنمية البشرية)

بعكس رواية الخيمائي اللي لما قريتها فعلا كانت فيها جزء تنمية بشرية بس كانت فيها قصة جميلة جدا كمان واحداث وشخصيات
Abhilash Kulkarni
Some books are meant to be tasted, some are meant to chewed, some digested. While there are some rare books that not only meant to be digested but also made to be a part of the body and mind. The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari is one such book.
The books moves at a good pace and the never becomes boring as peachy books tend to be. In fact, the way the teachings have been presented in a story format is the most important reason why this book has become so popular among the masses. It also lasts only 2
Samer Zydia
اذا كنت تريد التعرف على كل القواعد الموجودة في كتب التنمية البشرية واليوغا والتطوير الذاتي فهذا الكتاب هوالأطلس الذي جمع فيه روبن شارما كل ما يمكن ان تقراه في مثل هذه الكتب من قواعد وتكنيك وعبارات وهي (من وجهة نظري)افكار جميلة فقط لا غير وليس لها هذا التأثير الاسطوري المبالغ فيه

لا تنخدع يالعنوان اللافت فهو للتسويق ليس اكثر
تجاوز اول ستة فصول لان الكتاب يبدا فعليا من الفصل السادس
الفصل التاسع هو اهم الفصول
لا تنتظر من الكتاب اي متعة ادبية او لغوية فهو من هذه الناحية فاشل بجدارة
لا تنظر لافك
Sash Chiesa
Just another terribly mediocre book trying to sell some cheap philosophy!

رواية هادئة تحلق بك بعيداً إلي أعلي جبال الهند
وسط الهدوء والطبيعة الساحرة
فتحيا في كوخ هادئ وتتناول الفاكهة الطازجة
وتعمل بتأن وتستمع لنصائح من تجاوزوا المائة عام وهم لايزالون أكثر صحة من الشباب
هي دعوة للبساطة والراحة
دعوة لأن تعرف نفسك علي طبيعتها دون قناع الحداثة الزائف
فالفكرة الرئيسية في الرواية هي أنك لن تستطيع ابداً أن تغير حياتك إذا لم تغير افكارك
وبالتالي .. إذا غيرت أفكارك للأحسن فسوف تتحسن حياتك
وليس عليك ابداً أن تخشي هذا التغيير
فحقاً لن يكون سهلاً
ولكن عليك ان تبدأ رحلته الأن ..
قبل أن يمر
Lubna ALajarmah
أحب قراءة مواضيع في التنمية البشرية على شكل رواية أكثر من أسلوب التلقين الذي يأتي على شكل نقاط أو نصائح وإرشادات ... أعجبتني هذه الرواية كثيرا وأنصح كل من يمر بمرحلة ضيق في الوقت أو عسر في هضم الأهداف أو صعوبة في المضي قدما في طريق الحياة البسيط الصحيح، أن يقرأ هذه الرواية وأن يشرب كوب شاي اخضر أيضاً ..

كتاب أكثر من رائع .. وقراءته ممتعة بحق
This book feels like a patronizing practical joke. But the agony you feel reading it is very real. This is the printed equivalent of when the Hare Krishna community would stop you on the street or at the airport and tell you all about the Bhagavad Gita, and no matter how politely you declined to hear more, they wouldn't let you leave. This is not a long book by any means, but you'd never know it. Let me get to my problems with it, which seem numerous, but at the same time I don't even want to in ...more
Veydh Gooljar
This book had many good techniques which would help focus and tame your mind, overall living a better lifestyle.

The only thing I personally wasn't too fond of with this book was its choice of delivery. I pretty much felt like I was in a follower's or fanboy's shoes being pitched a deal by a well-respected person (which I'm sure Sharma was going for - but it did not appeal to me).

Readers are treated like third party spectators, listening in on the conversation between Julian(the person who had we
About the Book!!! 56 424 Feb 04, 2015 03:16AM
  • The Power Of Verbal Intelligence
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • Wise And Otherwise
  • 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace
  • A Philosopher's Notes: On Optimal Living, Creating an Authentically Awesome Life and Other Such Goodness, Vol. 1
  • The Leader In You: How to Win Friends, Influence People and Succeed in a Changing World
  • 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself: Change Your Life Forever
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • Mind Power Into the 21st Century: Techniques to Harness the Astounding Powers of Thought
  • The Secret of the Nagas (Shiva Trilogy #2)
  • The 3rd Alternative: Solving Life's Most Difficult Problems
  • Autobiography of a Yogi
  • The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play
  • High-Performance Entrepreneur
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies

More about Robin S. Sharma...

“Your "I CAN" is more important than your IQ.” 398 likes