I Love You, Little Monkey

I Love You, Little Monkey

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Little Monkey is being naughty. So Big Monkey gets very angry and Little Monkey ends up very sad.

But even though Big Monkey doesn't always like the naughty things Little Monkey does, one thing is clear:

Big Monkey loves Little Monkey.
Always.
Published April 10th 2007 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published December 31st 2006)

Jenny
Kind of a silly little book but the big monkey getting mad at the little monkey really struck home to me since that is often how I handle things with my 3 year old. A sad, but good reminder to me of how I need to respond differently, more kindly to my cute boy. Could be a good conversation starter with kids on how mom and dad aren't perfect and mess up, but that we're trying and want to be better and nicer!
Rachel
The illustrations in this book are really cute and the story is pretty good for a toddler. It basically emphasizes that kids do a lot of annoying "naughty" things but we still love them no matter what. My daughter really loved it. It was also nice that she could narrate the story just by looking at the pictures. There is so much detail on every page and she has a great time looking at this book.
Kathy Ellen Davis
I love monkeys so I gave this one a shot.
It's very sweet and reassuring.

Little Monkey is quite naughty,
and while's playing, he's constantly messing up Big Monkey's plans.

They do talk at the end though and realize that
they love each other no matter what.

Very cute, colorful illustrations!
Jackie
Little Monkey is naughty when he is told to climb a tree, swing and jump, and play...maybe he justs wants a little attention from Big Monkey. But, Big Monkey is ALWAYS too busy. A sweet little story about unconditional love.

Used for "A Little Monkey Business" storytime-January, 2010.
Bethany
This book sweetly tells the tale of love and forgiveness between a Little Monkey and Big Monkey even when both act badly. Read my full review with quotes from the book and photos of the book at http://www.notwiddletwaddle.com/2012/...
Yarb
Nov 03, 2008 Yarb rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Gendreless monkey parent makes no attempt to bring up annoying offspring properly. I shouldn't single this out, but this is yet another example of attractive art, bog-standard text. Just because you're writing for kids, doesn't mean you give up on the writing!
Farren Bogar
I have called my son monkey sence he was born, when we read this one he says "His daddy loves him always like you always love me?" and I say "always monkey man" one night he followd with "I love you even when your naughty too mom" lol
Danie Cutter
Again another book that little miss likes but doesn't really strike home with me. It's pleasant enough and the pictures are nice but there's no wonderful prose or anything to really make this book stand out from the crowd.
Anna
not the greatest book Ive ever read, but would be good for first-second grade. good book for Valentines day. the author did not name the monkey, Little monkey and Big monkey. Not an easy to read book
Haley Hamilton
Would be great for families to read to children as well as teachers to students. Shows that even when children misbehave, we still love them. Also has onomatopoeia.
The illustrations are colorful and eye pleasing, and the story's message is sweet.
Jakob
about a monkey that has a mom and baby monkey keeps missing everything up.
Regan
Regan added it
Apr 17, 2014
Erika
Erika added it
Jan 19, 2014
Marie-laure Carat
Marie-laure Carat marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Deepti Sidhaye-bhalerao
Deepti Sidhaye-bhalerao marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Burger Boy Always and Forever Dear Tooth Fairy A Dinosaur Called Tiny Big Bad Bunny