Start by marking “I Love You, Little Monkey” as Want to Read:
I Love You, Little Monkey

I Love You, Little Monkey

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Little Monkey is being naughty. So Big Monkey gets very angry and Little Monkey ends up very sad.

But even though Big Monkey doesn't always like the naughty things Little Monkey does, one thing is clear:

Big Monkey loves Little Monkey.
Always.
Published April 10th 2007 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published December 31st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You, Little Monkey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You, Little Monkey

The Brothers
Feb 04, 2016 The Brothers rated it liked it
Shelves: love, monkeys
Not a bad story about a Big Monkey dealing with his rambunctious Little Monkey. Nice theme of loving someone always, even when they're naughty.

Good, if pretty standard, illustrations.
Malachi Musa
Jul 14, 2015 Malachi Musa rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot and could repeat some of the lines when Mummy was reading it to me. I loved giving mummy a big hug when big monkey gives little monkey a big hug.
(2yrs 3mths)
Jenny
Dec 27, 2008 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Kind of a silly little book but the big monkey getting mad at the little monkey really struck home to me since that is often how I handle things with my 3 year old. A sad, but good reminder to me of how I need to respond differently, more kindly to my cute boy. Could be a good conversation starter with kids on how mom and dad aren't perfect and mess up, but that we're trying and want to be better and nicer!
Rachel
Aug 02, 2009 Rachel rated it really liked it
The illustrations in this book are really cute and the story is pretty good for a toddler. It basically emphasizes that kids do a lot of annoying "naughty" things but we still love them no matter what. My daughter really loved it. It was also nice that she could narrate the story just by looking at the pictures. There is so much detail on every page and she has a great time looking at this book.
Kathy Ellen Davis
Mar 30, 2013 Kathy Ellen Davis rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I love monkeys so I gave this one a shot.
It's very sweet and reassuring.

Little Monkey is quite naughty,
and while's playing, he's constantly messing up Big Monkey's plans.

They do talk at the end though and realize that
they love each other no matter what.

Very cute, colorful illustrations!
Jackie
Jan 31, 2010 Jackie rated it really liked it
Little Monkey is naughty when he is told to climb a tree, swing and jump, and play...maybe he justs wants a little attention from Big Monkey. But, Big Monkey is ALWAYS too busy. A sweet little story about unconditional love.

Used for "A Little Monkey Business" storytime-January, 2010.
Bethany
This book sweetly tells the tale of love and forgiveness between a Little Monkey and Big Monkey even when both act badly. Read my full review with quotes from the book and photos of the book at http://www.notwiddletwaddle.com/2012/...
Yarb
Nov 03, 2008 Yarb rated it did not like it
Shelves: kids
Gendreless monkey parent makes no attempt to bring up annoying offspring properly. I shouldn't single this out, but this is yet another example of attractive art, bog-standard text. Just because you're writing for kids, doesn't mean you give up on the writing!
Farren Bogar
Oct 08, 2011 Farren Bogar rated it it was amazing
I have called my son monkey sence he was born, when we read this one he says "His daddy loves him always like you always love me?" and I say "always monkey man" one night he followd with "I love you even when your naughty too mom" lol
Danie Cutter
Nov 14, 2011 Danie Cutter rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Again another book that little miss likes but doesn't really strike home with me. It's pleasant enough and the pictures are nice but there's no wonderful prose or anything to really make this book stand out from the crowd.
Anna
Oct 18, 2012 Anna rated it it was ok
not the greatest book Ive ever read, but would be good for first-second grade. good book for Valentines day. the author did not name the monkey, Little monkey and Big monkey. Not an easy to read book
Haley Sterritt
Would be great for families to read to children as well as teachers to students. Shows that even when children misbehave, we still love them. Also has onomatopoeia.
Mar 31, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
The illustrations are colorful and eye pleasing, and the story's message is sweet.
Jakob
Jan 19, 2009 Jakob rated it it was amazing
about a monkey that has a mom and baby monkey keeps missing everything up.
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Eva Chu
Eva Chu marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Ms. Yolie
Ms. Yolie rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Mrunalini Mehta
Mrunalini Mehta marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Jules Spriddle
Jules Spriddle rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Mona
Mona rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Chris Maloney
Chris Maloney marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Amory Blaine
Amory Blaine rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Dr_d
Dr_d added it
Feb 22, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2015