Start by marking “Astronomical (Astronomers #1)” as Want to Read:
Astronomical (Astronomers #1)

Astronomical (Astronomers #1)

When sexy, kilt-wearing astronomy professor Greg MacIntyre moves in next door, Blake Theriot knows he's in trouble. Blake is a research librarian, and he likes things orderly and controlled, except in his secret fantasies where he craves a big, powerful man like Greg to shake things up.

Every time Blake tries to talk to his erudite neighbor, his brain shuts down and his voc
ebook, 2nd Edition, 100 pages
Published June 20th 2016 by Silvia Violet Books (first published April 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Astronomical, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astronomical

Bev
Aug 20, 2013 Bev rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

As usual, I read the second book before this one ....yep, it's the old brain cells things again I'm afraid!! This was a really good read though, not too sugary sweet but on the fluffy side and I enjoyed it. 4 stars

Blake is a librarian (well, someone has to do it!), and a teeny tiny OCD freak. He's been let down too many times by lovers who seem to think it's OK to live in his house, eat his food and whatever else, but when you get right down to it, they're just users!! So when kilt wearing Dr G
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

Ok, when I saw this book had a kilt wearing astronomy professor I had to read it.
Greg MacIntyre is a big, sexy, smart, kind and kilt wearing hunk of a man, how is Blake to resist?
He doesn't really want to resist, but he likes his life organized and orderly, even if he has managed to loosened up a bit by rescuing a big hairy dog and having his niece with him a few days a week to help his sister out.
He also would really like to just let go and not always take care of his lover but let himse
Heather C
What's sexier than a geek? Two geeks!! I really, really liked this one. The MCs were cute, and even the kid was cute. Who could ignore the hunky neighbor...in a kilt...on a ladder?!

4.5 Stars
Mandapanda
Short romance between librarian Blake and his astrophysicist neighbour Greg. What I liked about this was the flashes of humour. The author makes good use of Blake's clumsy shyness with some decent slapstick comedy. What I didn't like was the imaginary sex scene at the beginning. I couldn't see any need for it, especially in such a short story where there is already little room to advance the plot and develop the characters. There's an unexpected switch to BDSM at the end and a conflict that ...more
Trisha Harrington
This was a nice, quick read. I liked the characters and the story had a decent pace. The kinkiness was cool, just the book in general wasn't my most favourite. I would recommend it to people who want a short read though.
Vio
Cute, sexy and a geeky romance. Greg and his hot kilt yum, Blake is adorable they are great. I loved it, romantic love, so good.
Ann
Kilts and geeks are a beautiful combination. Sweet and hot, loved it!
Serena Yates
Jul 13, 2016 Serena Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
This story is a perfect example of how hot two so-called nerds can be when they come together. The build-up is wonderful, it's told with a great sense of humor, and there are quirky secondary characters to ‘meddle’ in the best way. The stars of the show are Blake and Greg though: once they give into their lust, it changes into more and the depth of their emotions pulled me in even more.

Even though Blake, the research librarian, has a few issues and is predictably shy, he is also a very passiona
Deeze
May 06, 2012 Deeze rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another sweet short story. I loved poor Blake. His stumbling around was endearing. Greg was delicious, even if he did like wearing kilts lol. The kissing and more scenes actually had me sighing deeply. Not so much once they finally got into bed, but the build up was great lol. The ending was pure romance lol. Definitely a short worth reading.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Apr 30, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, ebook
What a sweet story! Blake is such a cutie, all shy and quiet on the outside, and Greg is one sexy kilt wearing nerdy dude! They make a great couple, and I wish this was a bit longer so we could see more of them in action.

I liked the slow build up to the actual sex - they both struggled, but waited until the time was right and they could manage the right amount of alone time. When they did manage it, it was worth the wait.

This was just a feel-good, enjoyable story. If you're looking for smart, s
Leaundra
Apr 30, 2012 Leaundra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real men wear Kilts and are sexy wearing them, lol. This was really a great book. I loved how they got to know each other and so when they finally got together it was hot. Don't get me wrong I love the fast and heavy too but in this book the slow build up worked. I thought Blake's niece was a cutie. There's something about nerdy guys in books. Nice book it was sweet and hot:-)
Line
Blake a research librarian has not had a lot of luck in love. But he loves his job, and helps his sister raise her daughter, since she has weird hours at her job.

When Greg a very sexy, kilt-wearing astronomy professor moves in next door, poor Blake becomes a mumbling, rambling hot mess every time they meet.
This is a sweet, sexy story and I laughed a few times, but it was TOO damn short!
Blake's sister and niece are cute, and I love that they take an active interest in helping Blake. Also it was a
Veronica /  V
For me this story is only about 2 guys behaving badly and weird, I'm not an animal lover by far, but I'm surprise that those who are didn't mention anything about Greg leaving the cat home alone for days while he went to another city.
Blake immature weird behavior spoil the geek on him by far.
The only part of this story worth reading was when Greg was standing on a ladder wearing a Kilt and nothing else, pity that part only lasted 4 seconds.
Gabbi
4.5 Stars rounded up to 5

Whew! The sizzling chemistry between the two heroes kept me enthralled with the story from the moment they met until the last word. My goodness, Ms. Violet can write sexual tension between her two men! Not only did I love the physical attraction between them, I loved the way Greg and Blake worked through both of their insecurities for the chance of having a deep love between them.

Both Greg and Blake are well-written characters. I loved Blake’s clumsiness and the anxiety
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

A sexy kilt-wearing professor and an OCD librarian, how does this work? Very well, as it turns out. It's serendipity as I happen to be vacationing in Edinburgh where there are plenty of men wearing kilts. Not sure if the kilt-wearing Scottish men enhanced this lovely story or if the handsome professor Greg enhanced my experience in Scotland.

Greg is Blake's new neighbor. Greg is the astrologist who shows interest in the once-bitten-twice-shy Blake. Blake's last relationship several years ago lef
Katharina
Aug 10, 2013 Katharina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Oh, how I love my geeks in romance!! :-D

And this time there's even two of them, even if hunky Astronomy professor Greg MacInyre, Scottish and entirely too sexy when wearing kilts for Blake's sanity isn't exactly typical geek material. Beneath the beefy exterior lies a brilliant man, though, incredibly passionate about his field and that in itself is another nail in the coffin for Blake - because what could be sexier than that?

Blake, however, is the typical nerd, librarian through and through, a
Serena Yates
Jul 24, 2016 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay

Ro Dubose
Jul 18, 2013 Ro Dubose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blake Theriot had given up on finding the man of his dreams; the last time Blake was in a relationship was two years ago. When Professor Greg MacIntyre moves in next door, Blake realizes Greg is his dream man. Unfortunately, Blake cannot seem to gather up the courage to actually have a conversation with Greg.

Astronomical is a budding romance story. The character description is very amusing. Blake is an extremely tidy man who was forced to adjust his routine when his adolescent niece needed a pa
Phaney
Apr 17, 2013 Phaney rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

Not a long story. I keep finding these books I put away for reading ages ago, heh.

It was cute, with a rough sexual edge, if that makes sense. The first person tone certainly amused me here.
A minor note, though? Don’t claim no man’s ever told you that he loves you when we witnessed the very words being spoken to you in the beginning, even if they were insincere.

But yeah; it amused me and it wasn’t written badly at all. :3
❂ Endless
Jul 02, 2012 ❂ Endless rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-m-m
An astronomy professor in kilts....could it get any hotter than that...!?

For me the book fell short with how the story unraveled...I would like to echo Maya's review that the conflict did not really ring true but in general it's an entertaining read.
Monique
This was a cute read. But that's all it was, cute, and forgettable, tbh.
Poppy Dennison
May 03, 2012 Poppy Dennison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this! So sweet and man, did I ever understand Blake's insecurities.
Sammy Goode

This is my first foray into the imagination of Silvia Violet. The premise of her novel Astronomical was endearing--bringing together two nerds and watching their chemistry ignite the sky. I must admit that, at first glance, this novel was so promising and, in some ways, delivered a sweet story of second chances and love. However, for as nice as those moments were, they simply could not carry an entire novella successfully. For that, we needed a solid plot line that delivered again and a
OkayKim
Sep 27, 2016 OkayKim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Blake has the hots for the sexy astronomy professor who has just moved in next door. Unfortunately, whenever he is face to face with him his brain stops working. Blake’s niece wraps him around her finger and Blake ends up inviting Greg over for dinner, where the two men hit it off. But, Blake has been hurt in the past and he feels that Greg is blowing hot and cold.

This is quite a good novella that has a sligh
Andrea
Jun 07, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Blake can’t seem to stop himself from fantasizing about his hot new neighbor and I can see why, Greg is not what I expect when I think of an astronomy professor. He’s a nice guy, he’s sexy and he has a tendency to work around his house in a kilt. On the other hand, Blake is exactly what I expect when I think of a research librarian. He’s shy, awkward and cute but not so hot. That leads to a lot of embarrassing situations for Blake which I found humorous.

I would classify this book as a sweet rom
Diane
Jun 10, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story!

Blake is the adorably hot geek while Greg just gets to be the hot geek, although I'm not sure geek applies to him at all!!!
Blake is tripping over himself and his tongue when they first meet, but via Blake's niece, they finally get to meet and he manages a conversation, but Blake has been hurt badly before so he has some issues with trust and letting go and when Greg seems able to get under his shell and push buttons he had not acknowledged before, Blake is not sure what to do.
Tyra Berger
Aug 05, 2013 Tyra Berger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Blake lives a nice quite life. He goes to work, helps his sister take care of his niece, and loves to cook and read. Then sexy astronomer Greg moves in next door and things are fine until Blake sees him in his kilt. DEAR GOD A KILT! Then he becomes a shy stuttering fool who can't complete a sentence.

Thankfully Blake has his sister Renee and niece Haley, who have decided that Blake has been alone long enough and they are going to help him.

Greg is drawn to Blake in spite of the stuttering and trip
Tina
Apr 01, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Astronomical by author Silvia Violet is one of those books I keep re reading because I love it. Kilts, hot men, and a connection that makes me want more are all in this book and more.
Blake is a shy librarian who has a hot professor move in next door. This professor, Greg likes to wear kilts and look at the stars. Blake doesn’t really know how to talk to Greg, but that is okay cause Blake has a mischievous little niece who is more than happy to talk for her uncle Blake.
The humor in this story k
mw138
May 08, 2012 mw138 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Geek & romance lovers
This is an adorable story about two geeks who overcome shyness and fears to find love. I really enjoyed this story and loved the chemistry between Blake and Greg; seeing their relationship develop was a joy. Hayley, Blake's niece, was so cute and I was impressed not only by her interest in astrophysics, but also in her desire to see her uncle find happiness.

Blake is a tightly-controlled research librarian who has been badly hurt in the past, and Greg is Blake's sexy kilt-wearing new neighbor wh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • See (Ripples In The Water, #1)
  • One Last Kiss Goodbye
  • Blind Blondie
  • Analyzing Emory
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • Dirty Pirate
  • The Arms of Winter
  • After the End
  • The Perfect Gift (Mr. Popsalos, #2)
  • Bennie's Wish
  • Gay as Mardi Gras
  • The Best Ever
  • Go Fish
  • The Perfect Sub
  • Townie and the Twink (Men of Holsum College, #3)
  • The More Things Change
  • Marriage - A Home Series Celebration
  • Greeting Cards
Silvia Violet writes fun, sexy stories that will leave you smiling and satisfied. She has a thing for characters who are in need of comfort and enjoys helping them surrender to love even when they doubt it exists. Silvia's stories include sizzling contemporaries, paranormals, and historicals. When she needs a break from listening to the voices in her head, she spends time baking, taking long ...more
More about Silvia Violet...

Astronomers (2 books)
  • Meteor Strike (Astronomers #2)

“I think I see it." I hoped I was looking in the right place. Constellations had always seemed like a cruel joke to me. How could someone take a few dots in the sky, turn them into an elaborate picture, and expect everyone to share their delusion?” 2 likes
“When you need to lose control, to let go, to fall apart, I'll give you that. And I'll catch you afterwards. But if you need to be the one in charge, I'll give you that too.” 1 likes