Start by marking “Devil's Daughter (Devil, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Daughter (Devil, #2)

Devil's Daughter (Devil #2)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,779 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
The devil's daughter is Arabella Welles, daughter of Anthony Welles, Earl of Clare, the dashing hero of Catherine Coulter's Devil's Embrace.Independent and as strong-willed as her father, she is a blonde hellion with eyes as black as midnight. When Arabella travels to Naples to solve the mystery of her father's missing ships and cargoes, she discovers that the person behin ...more
Published May 7th 1985 by Signet (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Daughter

Regan Walker
Apr 30, 2012 Regan Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Enthralling Sequel to DEVIL’S EMBRACE!

Set in 1803 in the Mediterranean, this is the sequel to DEVIL'S EMBRACE (to which I also gave 5 stars), and tells the story of Adam and Arabella Welles, the children of Cassie and Anthony Welles. Equally intense and equally well written as DEVIL'S EMBRACE, this is a page-turner that will keep you reading late into the night. I am in awe at how well Coulter has done this duology. Simply marvelous.

Arabella Wells is an independent, strong-willed young woman who
Rhapsody
Dec 09, 2015 Rhapsody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of spirited heroines
Shelves: romance, fiction
I've read enough Coulter novels for her stories to be pretty predictable at this point. As usual, the writing was great, but I had a little trouble getting into the story. I've owned this book for over six months now and couldn't quite pick it up because some of it is set in a Muslim harem, which for me is about as far from an appealing romance novel setting as possible.

There are two romances in the novel: Adam's and Arabella's, the children of Clare and Cassandra from Devil's Embrace. It is the
Aly is so frigging bored
Color me surprised, there wasn't that much bodice ripping in this one. We still had an abduction and all the trappings, but there was no rape... Wow, that sounded so weird :)) I am happy that the heroine wasn't raped, what does that say of me?!
Sue Lyndon
I finished this book in 2 days...would have been shorter if only I didn't require sleep! I'm giving it a 4 instead of the 5 I gave Devil's Embrace because it did start off a little slow, but if you hang in there it's worth it. I loved seeing all the characters from Devil's Embrace come out to play again, and Cassie and Anthony's kids were fun characters. Adam and Rayna have great chemistry and I would have loved to read more about them. Arabella, of course, despises Kamal until shortly before th ...more
Linda
Apr 06, 2012 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed most of this book...well-written in most respects but the hero was not heroic enough. I kept waiting for him to get his a$$ kicked by Anthony. *** SPOILER ***
Am I the only one that caught the part where, before he has Arabella whipped, she sees one of the young girls in the harem starting to show a pregnancy but it can only be Kamal's as he has been at the harem for something like 6mos and using the concubines for his pleasure...the Western world part of me told me that there was all s
Thayer Berlyn
Apr 05, 2016 Thayer Berlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first read the prequel to this book, Devil's Embrace, when it first came out and was on some kind of roll in reading HR romance novels. It was one of several I bought during that time, and one of the few I kept. I liked it well enough, a 3 star. I found a pristine copy of book #2, Devil's Daughter, at a sale along with a couple other Catherine Coulter books, and picked them up having recently been on a kind of nostalgic kick for reading the genre.

I actually liked this sequel. The writing was
Greentea
Feb 17, 2015 Greentea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicals
If you think this book is a bodice ripper like the first one (which I haven't read because I don't have a copy) then no. Adam and Arabella are the children of Cass from the first book. They both have romantic couples included so that's double the romance. The main theme was VENGEANCE.

The main mystery in the story was who the hell was being an a$$ stealing the goods of the Earl of Clare. Adam goes to Naples to investigate. Through her constant begging and ingenious idea, Arabella goes also with
Anna Mcfadden
Nov 11, 2015 Anna Mcfadden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adam and Arabella Welles are brother and sister. Adam has had many women but none who was made just for him. Arabella is strong will, independent just like her parents and brother. When they go to Naples to find why their father ships went missing only to find it was done by an enemy from their fathers past, when Arabella is drug and kidnapped and being sent to a harem in another country. When Adam goes to find hid sister he finds he has a stowaway. Rayna Lyndhurst . whose father hates the Welle ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is a two for one - daughter and son of the first book, Devil's Embrace. Anthony and Cassie (Cassandra) have their boy and girl. In this one, we keep the theme of kidnapping and dub/non-con sex for the girl. Arabella is now abducted and in a Harem. The reason why is really a blast from the past of her parents.

Sins of the fathers fall on their...daughters? Fortunately Kamal is not as expected. Kind of hot and smexy, actually and I enjoyed him. This is yet again not really BDSM but kind of ki
Pamela
Jul 13, 2016 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this a while ago, but the harem part brought it right back, along with the female stow away. I remember really liking all her books, and her ability to go into historical romance with ease. Her characters are always vibrant, and her plots filled with adventure. She never disappoints.
Le Anne
Jan 23, 2016 Le Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of her books. They have humor, romance, drama, mysteries, and wit. I recommend it to anyone interested.
Megan
Jan 02, 2015 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Did not like this one as much as the first. The storyline seemed forced. I did not like the characters or the plot.
Puna
Apr 17, 2014 Puna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not as bad as the first book, Devil's Embrace, but that sure doesn't mean it was good.
Kathryn
Mar 22, 2013 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the novel that introduced me to good historical romance. I've read it countless times. Now that I'm older, I do see its flaws - but it is hard to find well-written romance novels, and this is one of them. I like this novel so much I have two copies - both the original print and the revised edition (I favor the original). I find it is hard for me to read other romance authors because Catherine Coulter has set the bar so high.

I love this story - set in northern Africa and parts of Europe.
S Miller
Used - Good (Some spine creases; Front and back cover show signs of wear)
Anita
Adam and Reyna. Arabella and Kamal. Two star crossed couples whose very lives are intertwined from the moment of their births. In the book Devil's Embrace, Cassi and Anthony, parents of Adam and Arabella, left behind two very disgruntled former loves when they hooked up. One of them can really hold a grudge, a very nasty grudge. The book is very good and I enjoyed it a lot more than Devil's Embrace. It is a tangled plot about obsession, vengence, honor and a look at how different a culture the m ...more
Annette Meier
Feb 16, 2015 Annette Meier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this sequel . . . same intense drama and excitement all in foreign lands.
Kim Greve
Oct 01, 2015 Kim Greve rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't finish it. At page 60 I put it aside for a new book.
abi rafon
The whole book focused on both Arabella and Adam, the children of Cassie Brougham and Anthony Welles from Devil's Embrace of the same author. They have their own struggles, adventures, and romance.

The story of Arabella and Kamal somewhat reminded me of Silver Angel by Johanna Lindsey. And a few or one scene from The Conqueror by Brenda Joyce. It's just awkward to me since Ive read the other two first.

All in all, Devil's Daughter was a fun read. fast paced and entertaining.
Lesli
Dec 05, 2014 Lesli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 1994
The is a two in one romance. Arabella and Adam. The Devil books are probably the most well loved CC stories. While the setting is mostly unique, nothing else really is.
Pam
This is the daughter of the Devils embrace. This story was another unique tale. I enjoy books involving sheihks. Their HEA is so sweet.
Stephanie Mason
Jun 02, 2011 Stephanie Mason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For being a mindless romance novel, this had a surprisingly good and in depth plot.
April Suter
Good airport/traveling trash book :-) Not for high school audiences!

407 pages
Livy
Nov 05, 2010 Livy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
its starts alittle slow but it picks up and its really good loved the end
Marianne
Nothing really special, average story. Well written though.
Antoinette Lewis
It was a great book love the action and the suspense of it all.
Vanessa
Jun 29, 2013 Vanessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As captivating as the first one
Abigail
Feb 28, 2010 Abigail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love is a struggle
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Georgian
  • Stormfire
  • Wicked Loving Lies (Brandon-Morgan #6)
  • Silver Angel
  • Lily
  • When Love Commands
  • Desert Hostage
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (North American Woman Trilogy, #2)
  • No Gentle Love
  • Ashes & Ecstasy
  • When Angels Fall
  • The Pirate and the Pagan
  • The Kadin

Devil (2 books)
  • Devil's Embrace (Devil, #1)