Devil's Daughter (Devil, #2)

Devil's Daughter (Devil #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,249 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The devil's daughter is Arabella Welles, daughter of Anthony Welles, Earl of Clare, the dashing hero of Catherine Coulter's Devil's Embrace.Independent and as strong-willed as her father, she is a blonde hellion with eyes as black as midnight. When Arabella travels to Naples to solve the mystery of her father's missing ships and cargoes, she discovers that the person behin...more
Published May 7th 1985 by Signet (first published 1985)

Regan Walker
Enthralling Sequel to DEVIL’S EMBRACE!

Set in 1803 in the Mediterranean, this is the sequel to DEVIL'S EMBRACE (to which I also gave 5 stars), and tells the story of Adam and Arabella Welles, the children of Cassie and Anthony Welles. Equally intense and equally well written as DEVIL'S EMBRACE, this is a page-turner that will keep you reading late into the night. I am in awe at how well Coulter has done this duology. Simply marvelous.

Arabella Wells is an independent, strong-willed young woman who...more
Rhapsody
Nov 05, 2007 Rhapsody rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of spirited heroines
I've read enough Coulter novels for her stories to be pretty predictable at this point. As usual, the writing was great, but I had a little trouble getting into the story. I've owned this book for over six months now and couldn't quite pick it up because some of it is set in a Muslim harem, which for me is about as far from an appealing romance novel setting as possible.

There are two romances in the novel: Adam's and Arabella's, the children of Clare and Cassandra from Devil's Embrace. It is the...more
Aly is so frigging bored
Color me surprised, there wasn't that much bodice ripping in this one. We still had an abduction and all the trappings, but there was no rape... Wow, that sounded so weird :)) I am happy that the heroine wasn't raped, what does that say of me?!
Sue Lyndon
I finished this book in 2 days...would have been shorter if only I didn't require sleep! I'm giving it a 4 instead of the 5 I gave Devil's Embrace because it did start off a little slow, but if you hang in there it's worth it. I loved seeing all the characters from Devil's Embrace come out to play again, and Cassie and Anthony's kids were fun characters. Adam and Rayna have great chemistry and I would have loved to read more about them. Arabella, of course, despises Kamal until shortly before th...more
Linda
I enjoyed most of this book...well-written in most respects but the hero was not heroic enough. I kept waiting for him to get his a$$ kicked by Anthony. *** SPOILER ***
Am I the only one that caught the part where, before he has Arabella whipped, she sees one of the young girls in the harem starting to show a pregnancy but it can only be Kamal's as he has been at the harem for something like 6mos and using the concubines for his pleasure...the Western world part of me told me that there was all s...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
This is a two for one - daughter and son of the first book, Devil's Embrace. Anthony and Cassie (Cassandra) have their boy and girl. In this one, we keep the theme of kidnapping and dub/non-con sex for the girl. Arabella is now abducted and in a Harem. The reason why is really a blast from the past of her parents.

Sins of the fathers fall on their...daughters? Fortunately Kamal is not as expected. Kind of hot and smexy, actually and I enjoyed him. This is yet again not really BDSM but kind of ki...more
Puna
Not as bad as the first book, Devil's Embrace, but that sure doesn't mean it was good.
Kathryn
This was the novel that introduced me to good historical romance. I've read it countless times. Now that I'm older, I do see its flaws - but it is hard to find well-written romance novels, and this is one of them. I like this novel so much I have two copies - both the original print and the revised edition (I favor the original). I find it is hard for me to read other romance authors because Catherine Coulter has set the bar so high.

I love this story - set in northern Africa and parts of Europe....more
Anita Fleming
Adam and Reyna. Arabella and Kamal. Two star crossed couples whose very lives are intertwined from the moment of their births. In the book Devil's Embrace, Cassi and Anthony, parents of Adam and Arabella, left behind two very disgruntled former loves when they hooked up. One of them can really hold a grudge, a very nasty grudge. The book is very good and I enjoyed it a lot more than Devil's Embrace. It is a tangled plot about obsession, vengence, honor and a look at how different a culture the m...more
abi rafon
The whole book focused on both Arabella and Adam, the children of Cassie Brougham and Anthony Welles from Devil's Embrace of the same author. They have their own struggles, adventures, and romance.

The story of Arabella and Kamal somewhat reminded me of Silver Angel by Johanna Lindsey. And a few or one scene from The Conqueror by Brenda Joyce. It's just awkward to me since Ive read the other two first.

All in all, Devil's Daughter was a fun read. fast paced and entertaining.
Lesli
The is a two in one romance. Arabella and Adam. The Devil books are probably the most well loved CC stories. While the setting is mostly unique, nothing else really is.
Pam
This is the daughter of the Devils embrace. This story was another unique tale. I enjoy books involving sheihks. Their HEA is so sweet.
Stephanie Mason
For being a mindless romance novel, this had a surprisingly good and in depth plot.
April Suter
Good airport/traveling trash book :-) Not for high school audiences!

407 pages
Livy
its starts alittle slow but it picks up and its really good loved the end
Marianne
Nothing really special, average story. Well written though.
Antoinette Lewis
It was a great book love the action and the suspense of it all.
Vanessa
As captivating as the first one
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Shekhar
Shekhar marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
  • Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3)
  • Tempt the Devil
  • Sweetbriar
  • Stormfire
  • Silver Angel
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)
  • Enchantress
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • Sea Fire (Pirates, #2)
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Tell Me Lies
  • The Raven and the Rose
  • Desert Hostage
  • Highland Rogue (Clan MacKenzie #2)
  • Lily
  • No Gentle Love
  • Lady Vixen
  • Savage Surrender
The Cove (FBI Thriller, #1) The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2) Split Second (FBI Thriller, #15) Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7) Point Blank (FBI Thriller #10)