Start by marking “Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit” as Want to Read:
Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit

Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit (Malory-Anderson Family #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  13,942 ratings  ·  450 reviews
Seeräuberromantik, karibische Abenteuer und leidenschaftliche Amouren sind Kapitän James Malorys Lebenselement. Er ist das schwarze Schaf der englischen Adelsfamilie, ein Abenteurer, ein Schurke und Herzensbrecher, aber immer ein Gentleman. Nur heiraten will er niemals - bis er die bezaubernde junge Amerikanerin Georgina kennenlernt und unter höchst ungewöhnlichen Umstände ...more
362 pages
Published (first published December 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit

FlibBityFLooB
Re-read 7/18/10 -- Man... I think I even liked this audiobook better the second time around. Pirrrrrrrratical fun. ;)

4.5/5 stars. This was my first novel by Johanna Lindsey, though I read a short-story of hers in an anthology before reading this book. As I listened to the audiobook, I was trying to determine why I was enjoying the book so much, despite numerous bodice-ripper type of clichés. I made myself a list to justify both my enjoyment and distaste.

Reasons I enjoyed this book?

My love of hi
Faye, la Patata
Meh. Sexist themes. Dominant male. Virgin female who was pretty much manipulated into having sex with the sorry excuse of a love interest, and then thought nothing of it. BLAH.

(view spoiler)
Zeek
Strong willed Georgina Anderson is determined to find the fiancé she lost four years earlier when he had been impressed into service by the British during the war of 1812. Doing so meant leaving the five older brothers who raised her, as well as her home in America, but she’ll be damned if she’d let a little thing like war, time, and distance get in between her and her plans for the future.

And find him she does. However her ‘fiancé’ is married and settled down- to someone else!- and he is baffle
Kat Desi
I don't know how many times I've read this book over the years, but each time I do, I still giggle over it. James is definitely my favorite Malory, along with Anthony.
Yasmin M
Sigh...Is there no story plot out there that can actually surprise a reader? Insipid. Long. Repetitive. I didn't even have to finish it to guess the ending..Why is it always a matter of two lovers who WILL end up together anyway but who have to learn to accept each other throughout the whole story and bore us to death with their frivolous issues? And excuse me, is Georgie an absolute idiot or is it just me? She doesn't know what a physical attraction is? That's as primitive as a human feeling ca ...more
Michelle
I really enjoyed Gentle Rogue. The image of Georgie disguised as a scrawny twelve year old cabin boy with a temper was so funny. She thought that Captain James Malory didn’t know who she was but James knew all right. She was the ‘wench’ disguised as a boy he’d been looking for since the day she kicked him in the shins and ran off after he carried her out of a Tavern. She’s been on his mind for days and it was just his luck that Georgie happened to step onto his ship.

James decides to play along
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
James Malory, rogue, rake, and pirate. And very sexy guy. This guy is an original. You know he's something special when you meet him in Love Only Once, and I was eager to read his book. Well I definitely enjoyed seeing James meet his HEA with Georgina.

This was a fun, sexy book. I tell you, James Malory is a guy who goes after what he wants. Once he figures out that his cabin boy is a girl, she's in his bed a very short time later. Little does he know that she has lots of big, strong, angry brot
Whitney
This book was a bit disappointing. The characters were all very interesting. The abundance of characters though, was a bit overwhelming at times. For being a romance, this one lacked just that. The focus was less on James and Georgina and more on their siblings and interactions. I know this is a third of a "series" so there was familiarity between characters and certain story lines. But, I felt that left little room for THIS story. More time was spent on past or future books. I wish we would hav ...more
Cassandra Dexter Colby
James nos deja mareadas. La reseña en nuestro blog :) http://alacamaconunlibro.blogspot.com...
Nicoleta
Ήταν τόσο αναθεματισμένα ωραίο...
Χριστέ μου! Αγαπώ όλους τους Μάλορι...
Αγαπώ όλους τους Άντερσον...
Αγαπώ και τον Νίκολας Ίντεν...
Είναι όλοι τους τόσο παθιασμένοι, τόσο ξεροκέφαλοι, τόσο θερμοκέφαλοι, αλλά και τόσο σέξι...
Δε θες να σταματήσεις να διαβάζεις τις περιπέτειες τους (Οι οποίες δε σταματούν ποτέ για κανέναν τους)
Θέλω και τα άλλα βιβλία... Και διόπτρα ας μην ξεχνιόμαστε έχεις ξεχάσει κάτι... Την ιστορία του Άντονι...
Indah Threez Lestari
Boleh dibilang, James Malory adalah tokoh favorit Johanna Lindsey di seri Malory ini, mengingat James selalu tampil dalam setiap novel. Tapi jelas, di novel ini ia adalah pemeran utamanya.

James tipe pemberontak dan pembuat masalah dalam keluarga. Petualang cinta kelas wahid sejak masih belia, ia menjadi buruan favorit para wanita bangsawan London yang bahkan sudah bersuami. Skandalnya dengan para istri tak setia itu membuatnya bertekad takkan pernah menikah seumur hidup.

Petualangannya memburu d
Netha
Georgina Anderson datang ke inggris tanpa sepengetahuan kakak2nya untuk mencari tunangannya yg dipaksa menjadi tentara inggris sejak 6 tahun yg lalu & menemukan bahwa malcom sudah menikah & mempunyai anak.
marah & jengkel georgina yg ditemani oleh mac menyamar sebagai laki2 & ikut kapal apapun yg akan bertolak ke amerika.
georgina menyamar sebagai cabin boy maiden anne, kapal milik james mallory.

james mallory, viscount of ryding, putera ke 3 keluarga mallory, mantan bajak laut yg s
Wendy,  Lady Evelyn Quince
I first read this book eons ago, back when Johanna Lindsey was for me the greatest writer on earth. Yeah, I was a dumb kid, but weren't we all a little bit? I remember anxiously walking to Woolworth's every day in November of 1990, freaking out for her latest book and annoying the clerks by repeatedly asking when were the new ones coming in!

The day I saw the shelf stocker opening up a new box, I grabbed the first book out from the top, not even caring that it has a slit in the cover. I was a bit
Chumchum_88
This was the cutest book I have read in a very long while (re-reads not withstanding), and the best Malory book so far, and to tell the truth its way better than the previous two.

Georgina was a funny character and immensely amusing to read, one of the reasons that endeared the Malory family to me is that they were a big brood, and an addition to another brood was a big welcome, I loved her relationship with her brother and with Mac, it reminded me of Regina from the first book. She was a bit ove
Slavena
What a disappointment. So much praise for nothing. I picked up this book because I do like pregnant heroine stories, however apart from 2 sentences announcing that heroine was pregnant it wasn’t mentioned or included in the plot. Hero was totally ignoring it as if that meant nothing and heroine was acting as if “it is what it is” no point of brooding over it too much.

The book writing style is the first thing I disliked, I felt like I was reading a script for the stage it was purely dialogue and
Trang Nguyen
This book was more of a 3.5 rating than a 4 star. Gentle Rogue started in the middle of Tender Rebel the story of Rosalyn and Anthony, Jame's younger brother. Had the first 80 pages not been reiteration I would have rated Gentle Rogue a 4 star rating. (even though I rounded off to 4 stars)

James an ex-pirate, rogue, rake, black sheep of the Malory Family has met his match when he sets eyes on the little, temptress Georgina. Having met Georgie under unique circumstances, James becomes enamored wit
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Unabridged audiobook format - review written for Speaking of Audiobooks How We Listen Column 10/09/09:

Narrator Laural Merlington’s portrayal of hero James more or less ruined the audio version of this 1990 romance favorite. Not only did the hero’s rough, uncomfortably deep voice resemble a much older man but his laugh sounded exactly like the devil’s “Ha, ha, ha” in the online game Slingo (and believe me, that’s hard to overcome). And while I found the print version very humorous when I reread G
Yolanda
me ha encantado, lo que me he podido reir!!!James es la bomba. Pienso que es uno de esos libros que no hay que perderse. Johanna Lindsey no es de mis escritoras favoritas pero este libro es uno de los imprescindible. Como siempre digo la cosa va a gustos pero a mi me ha encantado y se me caían las lágrimas de risa con James y con "George". Los piques de James y Tony son....
Tiko
i simply adored this book!!! i had sooo much fun... i simply love this stuff: pirating, sea...

i loved james even if he annoyed me at the ending, and georgiana annoyed me at the ending quite a bit too. whats with her tolerating everything and all...

but all in all i ADORED all of them :D i loved georgies brothers xD they were real sweeties :D and anthony was epic too :D

this book enchanted me from the very first page i guess... its something that you wont really find anywhere else xD an "ex"rake an
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
metroda herkesin dikkatini üzerime toplayacak kadar çok güldüren ama bir o kadarda saç yoldurup sinirlendiren bir kitaptı..
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Bintang 5 sementara buat JL yg ini... TOB abiieezz.... Kocaaakk... bener2 hiburan d masa jenuh gw...

apa lagi pas adegan 'Dongeng sebelum Tidur'.nya... paraaahh... Gokiilll..

Selama baca di angkutan umum, gw terpaksa mesem2 nahan ketawa baca niih buku...

bener-bener dah... udah sampe buku ke #3... Johanna Lindsay kembali menunjukan bahwa, Pria Nakal itu Sangat Gentle... hohohoho...

intinya... makin Nakal, Makin Gentle.. ummm.. Yummmyy...

--PenyukaPriaNakal---
Diğdem
Uzun süredir vizeler finaller derken kitap okuyamıyordum bu uzun aradan sonra kaçak yolcu kitap okumayı ne kadar özlediğimi hatırlattı. James ve Georginanın ilk karşılaşmaları serinin ikinci kitabında olmuştu kaçak yolcu da Amerikalı olan Georginanın neden ingilterede olduğunu ve ilk karşılaşmalarında neden erkek kıyafeti giydiğini anlatarak başlıyor ve olayları Georginanın gözünden okuyoruz baş kısımları bu yüzden biraz da olsa bana sıkıcı geldi dört gözle bir dahaki karşılaşmalarını bekledim z ...more
Sabrina Jeffries
Okay, I'm cheating here, and I don't like them all equally, but I do love the Mallory's. They're all funny. I especially liked Love Only Once (the first book), Gentle Rogue (my favorite), and The Magic of You (where the heroine chases the hero shamelessly).
Emma Chase
A fun, easy read with a "classic historical romance" feel. Loved the banter between Georgie and James. I wanted George to smack him several times throughout the story - that's my kind of romantic hero. Not a fan of the cover art, however.
Pamela Shropshire
This is my favorite of the Malory series by Johanna Lindsey and would be in my Top Whatever List of Historical Romance. My mental image of James Malory, aka Brick Wall, is Chris Hemsworth as Thor, so YUM.

I love the banter-y dialogue between the principals, between James and his siblings, and James and his first mate, Conrad Sharpe. Dialogue is an area where I feel Ms. Lindsey really excels.

I love the confrontation between James and George's brothers. James really proves here how much he cares
Judy
read James and Georgie's story for a 2nd time 3/31/2010

Read again November 2010

James is the the toughest of the Malory's. He was a gentleman pirate for about 10 years, during that time he wanted to spend time with his niece, Regina, so he nabbed her and took her on his ship. After returning her his brothers were angry and he didn't see them for some time afterwards.

Revisiting a tavern, he found he had a son, Jeremy. The kicker is that Jeremy looks just like his brother Anthony, he has their gyps
Sagal Hussein
It was really good and I give it four stars because I couldnt seem to put the book away and so it kept me up all night. I counldn't quite give it five stars because the Heroine annoyed me at some parts of the book for starters she was content and happy with being around James even if he didn't love her.
She even said once, "I can love for the both of us." Meaning she would be in a marrige where he didn't love her. And that even though at some point like when they were on the ship she was happy to
Jane Stewart
One of the best romance novels ever.

I've read a number of books by J. Lindsey and my two favorites are this book and "A Loving Scoundrel." Both of them have a girl dressed as and pretending to be a boy. I loved the characters. Good plot. Good writing. Great fun.

CAUTION SPOILERS: Georgina was dressed as a boy and thought the captain (James) believed she was a boy. James knew she was really a girl but pretended he didn't know. It was great fun to watch James try to seduce the "boy". It didn't work
Regan Walker
A Rogue Pirate and a Viscount--another Malory Man!

Set in 1818, the Regency period, this 3rd in Lindsey’s Malory series is a worthy read and you'll enjoy it. After all, it’s got a handsome hunk, a pirate and love on the high seas!

James Mallory was a pirate for some time. Though now reformed and a Viscount, he still sails the seas when he gets the urge. And, he is still a rake. Seducing women, even virgins, is fair game for him. So, when he realizes that the enticing girl he encountered in a taver
Angelina Hosein
Apr 03, 2011 Angelina Hosein rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Ku Jatuhhh Cintaaaaaa!!!!! pada pandangan pertamaaa

Pria ke 2 yang efeknya sama seperti Viper >Embrace The Darkness<
One thing to express James Malory : Ultimate Bad Man
My Favourite Type of man ever!!!!

Gak ada Pria yang bisa lebih nakal dari James, sejauh buku-buku yang ku baca Mempesooonaaa!!!
Sampai gak bisa tidur sebelum bukunya selesai di baca
Exceptional Hero 2 34 Dec 13, 2013 08:17PM
About a certain scene... 1 45 Aug 08, 2013 06:11PM
Boulder Book Club: Let's Get Romantic! 5 11 Jun 07, 2012 09:08AM
Boulder Book Club: Book 26 24 14 Jun 05, 2012 06:01AM
What's The Name o...: Woman disguises self as a boy and works on ship [s] 15 175 Dec 29, 2011 09:57AM
  • The Gift (Crown's Spies, #3)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Almost Heaven (Sequels, #3)
  • A Lady At Last
  • The Pirate Lord (Lord Trilogy, #1)
  • The Flame and the Flower
  • Devil's Daughter (Devil, #2)
  • How to Marry a Marquis (Agents of the Crown, #2)
  • Ravished
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • Captain Jack's Woman (Bastion Club, #0.5)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Malory-Anderson Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
  • Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2)
  • The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)
  • Say You Love Me (Malory-Anderson Family, #5)
  • The Present (Malory-Anderson Family, #6)
  • The Holiday Present
  • A Loving Scoundrel (Malory-Anderson Family, #7)
  • Captive of My Desires (Malory-Anderson Family, #8)
  • No Choice But Seduction (Malory-Anderson Family, #9)
  • That Perfect Someone (Malory-Anderson Family, #10)
Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) Prisoner of My Desire Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2) The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4) Fires of Winter (Haardrad Viking Family, #1)

“What you can't do is leave me!"
He was thrown back. There were still six crewmen standing against him. That wasn't deterring him in the least, however, which only infuriated her the more. The fool man was going to get tossed in the river yet.
She might do it herself. She was, after all, fed up with being told what she could or couldn't do. "And why can't I leave you?"
"Because I love you!"
He hadn't even paused in throwing another punch to shout that. Georgina, however, went very still, and breathless, and nearly sat down on the deck, her knees had gone so weak with the incredible emotion that welled up inside her.”
13 likes
“She found the page, cleared her throat and began to read, " 'There was nary a doubt that I had ever seen such big ones, round and ripe. My teeth ached to bite them' " God, what tripe! 2 likes