Start by marking “Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit” as Want to Read:
Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit

Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit (Malory-Anderson Family #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  12,681 ratings  ·  403 reviews
Seeräuberromantik, karibische Abenteuer und leidenschaftliche Amouren sind Kapitän James Malorys Lebenselement. Er ist das schwarze Schaf der englischen Adelsfamilie, ein Abenteurer, ein Schurke und Herzensbrecher, aber immer ein Gentleman. Nur heiraten will er niemals - bis er die bezaubernde junge Amerikanerin Georgina kennenlernt und unter höchst ungewöhnlichen Umstände ...more
362 pages
Published (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sturmwind der Zärtlichkeit

FlibBityFLooB
Re-read 7/18/10 -- Man... I think I even liked this audiobook better the second time around. Pirrrrrrrratical fun. ;)

4.5/5 stars. This was my first novel by Johanna Lindsey, though I read a short-story of hers in an anthology before reading this book. As I listened to the audiobook, I was trying to determine why I was enjoying the book so much, despite numerous bodice-ripper type of clichés. I made myself a list to justify both my enjoyment and distaste.

Reasons I enjoyed this book?

 My love of h
Zeek
Strong willed Georgina Anderson is determined to find the fiancé she lost four years earlier when he had been impressed into service by the British during the war of 1812. Doing so meant leaving the five older brothers who raised her, as well as her home in America, but she’ll be damned if she’d let a little thing like war, time, and distance get in between her and her plans for the future.

And find him she does. However her ‘fiancé’ is married and settled down- to someone else!- and he is baffle
Yasmin M
Sigh...Is there no story plot out there that can actually surprise a reader? Insipid. Long. Repetitive. I didn't even have to finish it to guess the ending..Why is it always a matter of two lovers who WILL end up together anyway but who have to learn to accept each other throughout the whole story and bore us to death with their frivolous issues? And excuse me, is Georgie an absolute idiot or is it just me? She doesn't know what a physical attraction is? That's as primitive as a human feeling ca ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
James Malory, rogue, rake, and pirate. And very sexy guy. This guy is an original. You know he's something special when you meet him in Love Only Once, and I was eager to read his book. Well I definitely enjoyed seeing James meet his HEA with Georgina.

This was a fun, sexy book. I tell you, James Malory is a guy who goes after what he wants. Once he figures out that his cabin boy is a girl, she's in his bed a very short time later. Little does he know that she has lots of big, strong, angry brot
Michelle
I really enjoyed Gentle Rogue. The image of Georgie disguised as a scrawny twelve year old cabin boy with a temper was so funny. She thought that Captain James Malory didn’t know who she was but James knew all right. She was the ‘wench’ disguised as a boy he’d been looking for since the day she kicked him in the shins and ran off after he carried her out of a Tavern. She’s been on his mind for days and it was just his luck that Georgie happened to step onto his ship.

James decides to play along
Netha
Georgina Anderson datang ke inggris tanpa sepengetahuan kakak2nya untuk mencari tunangannya yg dipaksa menjadi tentara inggris sejak 6 tahun yg lalu & menemukan bahwa malcom sudah menikah & mempunyai anak.
marah & jengkel georgina yg ditemani oleh mac menyamar sebagai laki2 & ikut kapal apapun yg akan bertolak ke amerika.
georgina menyamar sebagai cabin boy maiden anne, kapal milik james mallory.

james mallory, viscount of ryding, putera ke 3 keluarga mallory, mantan bajak laut yg s
Nicoleta
Ήταν τόσο αναθεματισμένα ωραίο...
Χριστέ μου! Αγαπώ όλους τους Μάλορι...
Αγαπώ όλους τους Άντερσον...
Αγαπώ και τον Νίκολας Ίντεν...
Είναι όλοι τους τόσο παθιασμένοι, τόσο ξεροκέφαλοι, τόσο θερμοκέφαλοι, αλλά και τόσο σέξι...
Δε θες να σταματήσεις να διαβάζεις τις περιπέτειες τους (Οι οποίες δε σταματούν ποτέ για κανέναν τους)
Θέλω και τα άλλα βιβλία... Και διόπτρα ας μην ξεχνιόμαστε έχεις ξεχάσει κάτι... Την ιστορία του Άντονι...
Whitney
This book was a bit disappointing. The characters were all very interesting. The abundance of characters though, was a bit overwhelming at times. For being a romance, this one lacked just that. The focus was less on James and Georgina and more on their siblings and interactions. I know this is a third of a "series" so there was familiarity between characters and certain story lines. But, I felt that left little room for THIS story. More time was spent on past or future books. I wish we would hav ...more
Indah Threez Lestari
Boleh dibilang, James Malory adalah tokoh favorit Johanna Lindsey di seri Malory ini, mengingat James selalu tampil dalam setiap novel. Tapi jelas, di novel ini ia adalah pemeran utamanya.

James tipe pemberontak dan pembuat masalah dalam keluarga. Petualang cinta kelas wahid sejak masih belia, ia menjadi buruan favorit para wanita bangsawan London yang bahkan sudah bersuami. Skandalnya dengan para istri tak setia itu membuatnya bertekad takkan pernah menikah seumur hidup.

Petualangannya memburu d
Chumchum_88
This was the cutest book I have read in a very long while (re-reads not withstanding), and the best Malory book so far, and to tell the truth its way better than the previous two.

Georgina was a funny character and immensely amusing to read, one of the reasons that endeared the Malory family to me is that they were a big brood, and an addition to another brood was a big welcome, I loved her relationship with her brother and with Mac, it reminded me of Regina from the first book. She was a bit ove
Trang Nguyen
This book was more of a 3.5 rating than a 4 star. Gentle Rogue started in the middle of Tender Rebel the story of Rosalyn and Anthony, Jame's younger brother. Had the first 80 pages not been reiteration I would have rated Gentle Rogue a 4 star rating. (even though I rounded off to 4 stars)

James an ex-pirate, rogue, rake, black sheep of the Malory Family has met his match when he sets eyes on the little, temptress Georgina. Having met Georgie under unique circumstances, James becomes enamored wit
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Unabridged audiobook format - review written for Speaking of Audiobooks How We Listen Column 10/09/09:

Narrator Laural Merlington’s portrayal of hero James more or less ruined the audio version of this 1990 romance favorite. Not only did the hero’s rough, uncomfortably deep voice resemble a much older man but his laugh sounded exactly like the devil’s “Ha, ha, ha” in the online game Slingo (and believe me, that’s hard to overcome). And while I found the print version very humorous when I reread G
Tiko Telia
i simply adored this book!!! i had sooo much fun... i simply love this stuff: pirating, sea...

i loved james even if he annoyed me at the ending, and georgiana annoyed me at the ending quite a bit too. whats with her tolerating everything and all...

but all in all i ADORED all of them :D i loved georgies brothers xD they were real sweeties :D and anthony was epic too :D

this book enchanted me from the very first page i guess... its something that you wont really find anywhere else xD an "ex"rake an
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
metroda herkesin dikkatini üzerime toplayacak kadar çok güldüren ama bir o kadarda saç yoldurup sinirlendiren bir kitaptı..
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Bintang 5 sementara buat JL yg ini... TOB abiieezz.... Kocaaakk... bener2 hiburan d masa jenuh gw...

apa lagi pas adegan 'Dongeng sebelum Tidur'.nya... paraaahh... Gokiilll..

Selama baca di angkutan umum, gw terpaksa mesem2 nahan ketawa baca niih buku...

bener-bener dah... udah sampe buku ke #3... Johanna Lindsay kembali menunjukan bahwa, Pria Nakal itu Sangat Gentle... hohohoho...

intinya... makin Nakal, Makin Gentle.. ummm.. Yummmyy...

--PenyukaPriaNakal---
Diğdem
Uzun süredir vizeler finaller derken kitap okuyamıyordum bu uzun aradan sonra kaçak yolcu kitap okumayı ne kadar özlediğimi hatırlattı. James ve Georginanın ilk karşılaşmaları serinin ikinci kitabında olmuştu kaçak yolcu da Amerikalı olan Georginanın neden ingilterede olduğunu ve ilk karşılaşmalarında neden erkek kıyafeti giydiğini anlatarak başlıyor ve olayları Georginanın gözünden okuyoruz baş kısımları bu yüzden biraz da olsa bana sıkıcı geldi dört gözle bir dahaki karşılaşmalarını bekledim z ...more
Emma Chase
A fun, easy read with a "classic historical romance" feel. Loved the banter between Georgie and James. I wanted George to smack him several times throughout the story - that's my kind of romantic hero. Not a fan of the cover art, however.
Wendy,  Lady Evelyn Quince
I first read this book eons ago, back when Johanna Lindsey was for me the greatest writer on earth. Yeah, I was a dumb kid, but weren't we all a little bit? I remember anxiously walking to Woolworth's every day in November of 1990, freaking out for her latest book and annoying the clerks by repeatedly asking when were the new ones coming in!

The day I saw the shelf stocker opening up a new box, I grabbed the first book out from the top, not even caring that it has a slit in the cover. I was a bit
Judy
read James and Georgie's story for a 2nd time 3/31/2010

Read again November 2010

James is the the toughest of the Malory's. He was a gentleman pirate for about 10 years, during that time he wanted to spend time with his niece, Regina, so he nabbed her and took her on his ship. After returning her his brothers were angry and he didn't see them for some time afterwards.

Revisiting a tavern, he found he had a son, Jeremy. The kicker is that Jeremy looks just like his brother Anthony, he has their gyps
Sagal Hussein
It was really good and I give it four stars because I couldnt seem to put the book away and so it kept me up all night. I counldn't quite give it five stars because the Heroine annoyed me at some parts of the book for starters she was content and happy with being around James even if he didn't love her.
She even said once, "I can love for the both of us." Meaning she would be in a marrige where he didn't love her. And that even though at some point like when they were on the ship she was happy to
Jane Stewart
One of the best romance novels ever.

I've read a number of books by J. Lindsey and my two favorites are this book and "A Loving Scoundrel." Both of them have a girl dressed as and pretending to be a boy. I loved the characters. Good plot. Good writing. Great fun.

CAUTION SPOILERS: Georgina was dressed as a boy and thought the captain (James) believed she was a boy. James knew she was really a girl but pretended he didn't know. It was great fun to watch James try to seduce the "boy". It didn't work
Angelina Hosein
Apr 03, 2011 Angelina Hosein rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Ku Jatuhhh Cintaaaaaa!!!!! pada pandangan pertamaaa

Pria ke 2 yang efeknya sama seperti Viper >Embrace The Darkness<
One thing to express James Malory : Ultimate Bad Man
My Favourite Type of man ever!!!!

Gak ada Pria yang bisa lebih nakal dari James, sejauh buku-buku yang ku baca Mempesooonaaa!!!
Sampai gak bisa tidur sebelum bukunya selesai di baca
❃* Hache *❃
...she kicked him in the shin and bolted down the street. He swore violently and started after her...

His cabin boy. What nerve she had! James shook his head, chuckling.
It was going to be interesting indeed to see how she planned to get away with it.

I loved how the first met when she was disguised as a boy, this was 5stars right up until the point where they finally got together which was at the 40-50% mark and then it started to fizzle down, I started laughing less and gushing less and then it
1CheekyLass
Absolutely fantastic! This was the first book in the Mallory series where I loved the hero and heroin. In the firs book I disliked the hero and the heroin in the second book. Both of these characters were perfect. One of my favorite scenes is when Georgie read to James! The ship scenes were all awesome. The Anderson brothers are a nice touch. They are just like the Mallorys, bickering and fighting in every scene. We also get a glimpse of the hot-headed hero in the next book. This has been my fav ...more
Julie
This wasn't bad, and I liked it pretty much, but this series is not thrilling me as much as I thought it would. Plus, alas, it's another pirate romance - not my favorite... I swore I'd give this series another chance with Gentle Rogue, (which is my favorite of the series so far), but I found the whole Georgie as cabin boy and her succumbing to James' charms so easily (and fast) too contrived. Then, the whole dumb misunderstanding between James and Georgie later on was tedious and the plot became ...more
Caroline The HEA Lover
What a fun book!!! I loved it! It's hilarious and you cannot help but fall in love with the characters. I couldn't stop reading. I loved everything about it, the characters, the story, the humor, the romance. It was perfect. I couldn't stop myself from bursting out laughing all along.
Megan
This book is a classic example of historical romance on the high seas done right. It has got it all, feuding families, two continents, a sea voyage and mistaken identity!!! Does it get any better, NO!

I love this book, and I love how the two books before this lead up to Georgie being on the ship. I also enjoy how to we get to meet and love the Anderson family, while still ging back across the pond to remeet and refall in love with Mallorys. Who are of course just fabulous.

When Georgie and he are
Aparajita Mukherjee
This is a romantic yet extremely humorous novel. The Malory and Anderson brothers are all different and unique, yet quite similar and alike, and it is fun watching them going at each others' throats.
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
I give Gentle Rogue a solid three stars.

I enjoyed the book and found the dialogue humorous and entertaining, but the plot was predicable and at time felt tedious. Just think “old school” romance and that pretty much sums up this book.

I highly advise reading this series in order. This was the third book in the "Malory Family" series. Because I did not read the previous two books, I was left feeling frustrated and confused during some of the conversations that were obviously past plot related.

O
Iasmy
Mi-a placut foarte mult aceast al treilea volum al seriei. A avut un farmec aparte fata de celelalte doua dinainte , iar James Malory este si va ramane preferatul meu. Asta poate daca nu va aparea un alt personaj din serie (nu am citit inca toata seria) care sa ii ia locul.
Un pirat frumos, o femeie incapatanata, o dragoste in largul marii.

Suparata si disperata sa se intoarca in America, Georgina Anderson, deghizata in barbat nici nu viseaza ca va servi si va fi la bunul plac al capitanului nav
Exceptional Hero 2 33 Dec 13, 2013 08:17PM
About a certain scene... 1 43 Aug 08, 2013 06:11PM
Boulder Book Club: Let's Get Romantic! 5 10 Jun 07, 2012 09:08AM
Boulder Book Club: Book 26 24 13 Jun 05, 2012 06:01AM
What's The Name o...: Woman disguises self as a boy and works on ship [s] 15 150 Dec 29, 2011 09:57AM
  • The Gift (Crown's Spies, #3)
  • Something Wonderful (Sequels, #2)
  • Where Dreams Begin
  • The Game
  • The Pirate Lord (Lord Trilogy, #1)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons #7)
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
  • Devil's Embrace (Devil, #1)
  • Ashes in the Wind
  • On a Wild Night (Cynster, #8)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...
Prisoner of My Desire Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2) The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4) Fires of Winter (Haardrad Viking Family, #1)

“What you can't do is leave me!"
He was thrown back. There were still six crewmen standing against him. That wasn't deterring him in the least, however, which only infuriated her the more. The fool man was going to get tossed in the river yet.
She might do it herself. She was, after all, fed up with being told what she could or couldn't do. "And why can't I leave you?"
"Because I love you!"
He hadn't even paused in throwing another punch to shout that. Georgina, however, went very still, and breathless, and nearly sat down on the deck, her knees had gone so weak with the incredible emotion that welled up inside her.”
12 likes
“She found the page, cleared her throat and began to read, " 'There was nary a doubt that I had ever seen such big ones, round and ripe. My teeth ached to bite them' " God, what tripe! 2 likes