Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-Of-Body Experiences

Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-Of-Body Experiences

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  335 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Astral projection is the classic term for what today is more commonly called out-of-body experience or OBE. In this fascinating volume, Robert Bruce has drawn on his lifetime's experience not only traveling in the astral dimension, but teaching others to do so.

Astral Dynamics provides, all in one package, a personal narrative, a "how-to," a troubleshooting guide, and a the...more
Published November 1st 1999 by Hampton Roads Publishing (first published October 31st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Astral Dynamics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astral Dynamics

KAYLA
Every now and then I would have spontanious astral projections. They were very real and very vivid, and the experiences that I had were amazing. I wanted to know more, I NEEDED to know more, but the information from most of the articles I read weren't enough, weren't supporting my experiences enough. That all changed as soon as I read this book.

Robert Bruce explores the more deeper aspects of astral projection, and while there are some things I may disagree with, or find a better way of doing,...more
Michael Miley
Bruce's book on out-of-body experience is the best I've read over the years, and I've read quite a few. All of my out-of-body experiences were not under my control; I had many in childhood and one big one in my late teens. The world has never seemed quite the same; or rather, I feel like I've been let in on a big mystery. For most people, being conscious is an embodied experience. When you're out of the body, however, you see yourself as a coherent, plasma-like field and can go through walls, do...more
Matthew Flowers
A pretty good read, I was more than surprised. If I had anything critical to add it would be that some of his subjective experiences have been portrayed as the norm, and they might very well be the norm but we have no way of knowing until some well administered, documented and accepted experiments have been performed. It was very refreshing to read about things I was unable to explain that I had experienced as more common than I once believed.

His language was well thought out for such an abnorma...more
Sajjad
واسه کسایی که تو مکاتبی مثله اکنکار تحقیق میکنن یا حتی به این مکاتب اعتقاد دارن خوندنه این کتاب توصیه میشه
این کتاب اثبات میکنه روش های دیگه ای واسه درک وجود روح و خروج از جسم وجود داره
راه های عملی !
Seneca
A really good book on astral projection. Gives some cosmology, for lack of a better term, and practices to try out.
Lindsay
Quote by Bruce: "It is my considered opinion that when you have an OBE, a dream or a lucid dream, you are not actually moving outside the boundaries of your own mind, because your mind has no boundaries or limits (apart from your own beliefs)." This is not a typical new age book in which a guru claims he knows everything. It feels like he wants to teach you -everything- about OBE without being arrogant. There are some things which I don't agree with but I don't mind, it's still one of the best O...more
Daugiau Knygų More Books
I really like his approach. Although, there are easier ones. His approach allows your body to get used to the changing frequencies within a controlled environment. The book is clear and very well written. In the end, the book is mainly concerned with the technique rather than the theory.
Dulcinea Contreras
"The compilation of information tihat Robert provides on energy work, mastering astral projection and practicing psychic self-defense can enhance any earthly spiritual journey. This book is packed solid with information about spiritual journey's outside of the body and a vast array of spiritual experiences that focus on understanding and working with energy and the spiritual realms." ~Dulcinea Contreras
Panda1602
A brilliant easy to understand guide for astral travel/OBE. It lifts the lid on a topic that has intrigued thousands. For me this is a very useful reference book. For anyone who would like to expand their ability to lucidly have OBE/astral travel then this book will provide an exceptional framework in which to operate and "launch" from.
Timm
The best manual out there for developing the ability to astral travel as well as lucid dream. An incredibly detailed set of practical meditations to strengthen the body of light to prepare for its exit, as well as guide book for interpreting the material found once outside the body. The most modern and effective method.
Jason
This is one of the most exhaustive books on the subject of Astral Projection. Even if you don't believe such a phenomenon exists, you certainly will believe that this man has experienced SOMETHING extraordinary. Something I read, and re-read frequently...
Franco Noonan
Dec 29, 2007 Franco Noonan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone interested in metaphysics
An outstanding introduction to a world accessible by all, easily explained & using western words to describe complex Eastern terms, this book is essential reading for those interested in this area. A landmark piece of work.
Daniel
Great book if you are into metaphysics. I don't agree with everything in this book, but I enjoyed it and I know the author (actually, I have a signed copy of the book). I got to know Bruce online before he got big.
Eric
Jun 16, 2007 Eric rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone interested in a follow-up to an in-depth personal study on the phenomena of astral projection
I am in the process of writing up a review/commentary of all my thoughts and questions refering to this book, so I will add it here as soon as it's finished!
Tragedy Booze
Sep 09, 2010 Tragedy Booze added it
Shelves: 2008
If you'd like to know what I thought of this book, please contact me directly and I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

All the best,

- TB
Edward
Jul 23, 2008 Edward marked it as to-read
Big book. I read a part of it a while back and have always meant to try it. I hope to finish it someday.
Mohammad Karim
havin read so many book on the subject,this was the best.it was devoid of religious prejudice.
Chris Hong
duuude i was soooooo secondhand hiii when i red dis boii. trippin maaad bawls mmmmmmmmm
Benjamin Barnes
extremel in depth book about the workings of Astral projection and the astral world
Inanna
Easy to read and very informative. I always tell folks to read this book.
Mitchell
Nov 06, 2010 Mitchell is currently reading it
amazing, a wealth of information and assistance
Damian Hayes
Definitely a lot of new concepts.....
Megan Wortley
Megan Wortley marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Asia Schofield
Asia Schofield marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Skyler
Skyler marked it as to-read
Jimmy Dean
Jimmy Dean marked it as to-read
Nicholas Ghezzi
Nicholas Ghezzi marked it as to-read
  • Journeys Out of the Body
  • Adventures Beyond the Body: How to Experience Out-of-Body Travel
  • Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming
  • Liber Kaos
  • How to Know Higher Worlds: A Modern Path of Initiation (Classics in Anthroposophy)
  • Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality
  • Inner Paths to Outer Space: Journeys to Alien Worlds through Psychedelics & Other Spiritual Technologies
  • Opening to Channel: How to Connect with Your Guide
  • The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream And Sleep
  • Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
  • The Golden Dawn: The Original Account of the Teachings, Rites, and Ceremonies of the Hermetic Order
  • Condensed Chaos: An Introduction to Chaos Magic
  • The Mystical Qabalah
  • The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin, The Mage — As Delivered By Abraham The Jew Unto His Son Lamech — As A Grimoire of The 15th Century
  • Initiation Into Hermetics
  • Transcendental Magic: Its Doctrine and Ritual
  • Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind
  • The Magick of Aleister Crowley: A Handbook of the Rituals of Thelema
Robert Bruce is an English-born mystic author living in Perth, Australia. Bruce is best known for his studies of Out Of Body Experience, which first became public in the early 1990s through his activity in the alt.out-of-body Internet news group. Over time, he collected and peer-tested his findings in an evolving set of articles, A Treatise on Astral Projection, which he later expanded upon substa...more
More about Robert Bruce...
Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development Mastering Astral Projection: 90-Day Guide to Out-Of-Body Experience Practical Psychic Self-Defense: Understanding and Surviving Unseen Influences The Practical Psychic Self Defense Handbook: A Survival Guide Mystery of the Lord's Supper: Sermons by Robert Bruce