Start by marking “Double Cross (Haggerty Mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
Double Cross (Haggerty Mystery, #7)

Double Cross (Haggerty Mystery #7)

Mark Iverson is a Mormon bishop — and an FBI agent. He has just received a new assignment — working a covert operation in which he is to rescue a young woman from a powerful drug lord. However, once Mark arrives in Colombia, it doesn't take him long to realize that he has not been told the complete truth about his dangerous mission.

He soon realizes that his wife and childr
Published January 28th 2006 by Covenant Communications (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Double Cross, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Cross

Holly
Jul 28, 2010 Holly rated it liked it
A story back with Mark & Kate as the main characters, so I was excited to read it. It wasn't what I hoped for, but I still enjoyed it. The problems were mainly that it seemed very disjointed. Mark is on a mission where he feels like things are being withheld from him by the FBI and he feels like no one really knows what is going on. I felt the same way about the book as a whole. All the supposed "main" bad guys weren't, and the one that was seemed to be sprung on us at the last second in a v ...more
Lisa
Oct 10, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it
Okay, just skip from Hearts in Hiding to this book in the Haggerty series and don't bother with the rest unless you just need some books to float along with. Here we are back with Mark and Kate, and although I found the wrap-up a little confusing (why didn't the bad guys kill Mark?)and some of the plot elements (especially Frisky) a little too convenient, and the book made the FBI look pretty incompetent, this was an enjoyable read.
Emo
Nov 08, 2009 Emo rated it liked it
I really like Betsy Brannon Green. She does light mysteries that aren't too scary. This one I was not extremely thrilled with. the writing was pretty good, but the female main character was whiny and weak which is not what I remembered her being like. I felt like screaming at her, "Get a grip lady!". It was also a little far-fetched for me.

Anyway, it was still fun to read other than the whiny moments. :)
Gail
Jan 27, 2014 Gail rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the suspense in this book. It wasn't necessarily "on the edge of my seat" suspense, but definitely kept my interest. Title is "Double Cross" so the whole time I'm reading I am wondering who/where the double cross will come from. I have to admit though, if my husband was in Columbia as an undercover FBI agent I would be very frightened too. I look forward to reading the next suspense one that she has written. It was a quick and easy read,
Gayle
Nov 10, 2011 Gayle rated it really liked it
Slowly making my way through the Haggerty Mysteries -- for this one I listened to the audio book. Although parts seemed unrealistic, I liked it better than some of the others in the series. There was more danger and peril and a few surprising twists. I also liked that the main characters focused on in this story were the original characters from the first book.
Rebecca
Nov 08, 2009 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
This book was just as good as the first two in the series. I loved it. I love that this book is about Mark and Kate again. They have been my favorite characters throughout the series. There is a nice change of scenery in this book as well.
Nancy
Nov 17, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
i enjoyed once again the characters of Haggerty County. Even though I liked the book,it was not my favorite book of the series; thus, it took me longer to read as I kept putting the book down. It did have several surprises which I enjoyed. Looking forward to her next book in this series.
Dianne
Nov 08, 2009 Dianne rated it really liked it
Mark goes undercover to columbia to help free a drug lord's daughter, but the "job" is not what it seems and he and his family are in more danger than he can imagine. Another good book by this author.
Teresa
Nov 08, 2009 Teresa rated it liked it
This was a nice story about an LDS bishop/FBI agent sent into Colombia. It's interesting how this particular agent works undercover amid the drug trades of Colombia while maintaining his LDS standards. He makes an unexpected friend. This story makes you think twice about people.
Andrea
Oct 18, 2010 Andrea rated it it was ok
This story started out great. I was pulled in and very interested, but as it went on it just sort of fizzled.
Shanna
Nov 08, 2009 Shanna rated it it was amazing
A great book! Kept me on the edge of my seat. I did not forsee the end. I usually figure out the end result but did not and was greatly surprised. What a great wholesome book.
Christina
Fun, quick read. I thought parts of it were not realistic - like the FBI involving his civilian wife in a mission, but I liked the characters.
Patricia
Dec 11, 2011 Patricia rated it really liked it
I think this is my favorite book in the Haggerty series so far. I thought the plot was a lot more complex and it still had the characters I liked from the earlier books.
Samantha
Nov 03, 2009 Samantha rated it liked it
This wasn't her best book in the series. The plot had a few too many random twists that didn't flow together as well as I would have liked. That said it was still a pretty fun read.
Stacee
Jun 20, 2011 Stacee rated it really liked it
I liked trying to figure out who was setting Mark up, while also trying not to read the end like I always want to do.
Amie
Nov 08, 2009 Amie rated it it was amazing
I thought that the plot was very interesting. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It is a very easy read.
Charissa
Jun 08, 2010 Charissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2008
light, easy read; ok, but not my favorite author; I just borrowed from a friend, but they are easy to get through.
Lisa
Nov 08, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lisa by: susan
This is my favorite book so far in the Haggerty series. I really enjoyed the suspense.
I love the characters in these books.
Pam Engman
Nov 08, 2009 Pam Engman rated it liked it
I liked this book, especially the intrigue part. I found myself skipping over the Ms. Eugenia home parts on the latter part of the book
Ann
Jan 25, 2010 Ann rated it really liked it
Fun read, I liked how she made the Drug Lord into a real person and some of his points about supply and demand made A Lot of sense. The book didn't flow as well as her others but I still enjoyed it.
Kale Snyder
Nov 20, 2013 Kale Snyder rated it really liked it
Loved this book. I really enjoyed that the characters are already familiar so no time is wasted with character connection you just dive in and this book provides action from beginning to end.
Erin
Mar 29, 2010 Erin rated it liked it
The characters still came off the tiniest bit cheesy and 2-dimensional, but based on how much I got done today (not much) it was a pretty good story!
Natalie
Sep 14, 2011 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Very good book. If you like books that are intense and mysterious then you would like this book. Couldn't put it down.
Arlene Wall
Arlene Wall rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2013
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2010
Shauna
Shauna rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2012
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Jennifer England
Jennifer England rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2015
Laura rated it really liked it
May 26, 2011
Elicia
Elicia rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2009
  • The Deep End (Undercurrents, #3)
  • Turquoise and Terrorists (Gems and Espionage, #4)
  • Blind Side
  • Code Red
  • Legend of the Jewel (Isabelle Webb, #1)
  • Echoes
"WELCOME!!!!!

If you're not familiar with my books, I write mystery-suspense novels. I am LDS (Mormon) and so are some of my characters, but I have loyal readers from many different faiths. My goal is to engage the reader in my books. I want to make them laugh and cry and worry and dread the end.

Most of my books are set in the fictional town of Haggerty, Georgia - which is loosely based on my grand
More about Betsy Brannon Green...

Haggerty Mystery (8 books)
  • Hearts in Hiding (Haggerty Mystery, #1)
  • Until Proven Guilty (Haggerty Mystery, #2)
  • Above Suspicion (Haggerty Mystery, #3)
  • Silenced (Haggerty Mystery, #4)
  • Copycat (Haggerty Mystery, #5)
  • Poison (Haggerty Mystery, #6)
  • Backtrack (Haggerty Mystery, #8)