Start by marking “Apocalypse How: Making the End Times the Best of Times” as Want to Read:
Apocalypse How: Making the End Times the Best of Times

Apocalypse How: Making the End Times the Best of Times

People have been predicting the end of the world since...well, the beginning of it. Oh, the form it takes may vary-firestorm, earthquake, plague, new ice age, alien invasion, nuclear cloud, or the rise of our machines-but everyone who survives will be starting over at Square One. Your needs won't be that different from today's: food, shelter, work, finances, relationships, ...more
Published May 13th 2008 by Running Press (first published May 12th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Apocalypse How, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apocalypse How

Holden Attradies
Apr 04, 2012 Holden Attradies rated it did not like it
Shelves: humor, non-fiction
I was incredibly disappointed by this book. It wasn't that it was badly written, it's not. And the graphic design was very nice, but none of that saved it for me. It came off as being written by someone who knew very little about the Post apocalyptic genre beyond what is part of main steam culture.

I was expecting something that was both deeply paying tribute to and making fun of the P.A. genre and it felt like it did neither. I was also expecting more of an actual guide, but it was full of real
James
Light, but fun, with some pretty clever little riffs on contemporary life. This is a good book to just pick up and read for a few pages when you have a few minutes - it's good enough to make me want to see what else this author has written.
Matt
Dec 31, 2016 Matt rated it liked it
The author, Rob Kutner, was a writer on the Daily Show. You can tell when reading this. It has some good jokes and satire in it, but every single section is the same formula of jamming in as many apocalypse-themed puns as possible. Every sentence reads like a line from the Daily Show, which is good in moderation, but maybe not as much over the course of 200 pages.
Stephanie
Aug 21, 2016 Stephanie rated it did not like it
I've been reading a number of apocalypse books lately, so I thought this book would be appropriate to read. I also thought it would be funny.
Turns out I was wrong on both counts.
The book is well written, and the layout of the book, with the graphics and formatting, is well done. But the book isn't funny. Kutner's idea of the apocalypse seems to be that everyone will be glowing and have three arms from the nuclear fallout, and we'll all be eating dirt and rocks to survive. Those jokes are rep
Alison Constrantiche
Feb 08, 2012 Alison Constrantiche rated it it was amazing
Apocalypse How: Making the End Times the Best of Times is a must-have guide to survive any apocalypse!
This book had me laughing and giggling the whole time. I couldn't put it down! This book is packed with tips on what to eat and wear for the apocalypse! It even covers how to hold a wedding and the best pick up lines that will have ladies crawling at your feet! (ha ha) Go find this book at your local book store and get it!
John Opalenik
Apr 29, 2013 John Opalenik rated it really liked it
A light funny read for those who want to see the lighter side of the end of the world.

It's a great coffee table book, or a great read on a plane.
David Brzezinski
There are so many more books out there on this subject that are so much better, both serious and tongue in cheek. You would be better off reading one of them than this one.
Schnaucl
It was an okay book. There were some humorous lines, but I didn't find myself laughing as much as I'd hoped.
Lynne
Jan 12, 2010 Lynne rated it really liked it
I'll make sure it's on the book shelf in my bomb shelter. At least I could use it to light a fire...and there is an actual page dedicated to that.
Doug
Doug rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2009
Audrey
Audrey rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2010
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2008
Hector
Hector rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2011
Brian
Brian rated it did not like it
Dec 22, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2009
Natalia Corres
Natalia Corres rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2008
Cto_7
Cto_7 rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2012
Kilpatrickwa
Kilpatrickwa rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2012
pizza aggressive
pizza aggressive rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2010
Cassey
Cassey rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2012
Ben Couch
Ben Couch rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2008
Jared
Jared rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2017
Ciara
Ciara rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Bob Andelman
Bob Andelman rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Travis Powell
Travis Powell rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2012
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kindle edition? 1 1 Sep 16, 2011 05:25PM
  • Writing Science Fiction & Fantasy
  • Many Genres, One Craft: Lessons in Writing Popular Fiction
  • The Right to Arm Bears (Dilbia, #1-2)
  • Synthetic Worlds: The Business and Culture of Online Games
  • Forbidden Knowledge: 101 Things NOT Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • Becoming Batman: The Possibility of a Superhero
  • Play Between Worlds: Exploring Online Game Culture
  • How to Write Tales of Horror, Fantasy and Science Fiction
  • The Secret of Spring
  • The Guide to Writing Fantasy and Science Fiction: 6 Steps to Writing and Publishing Your Bestseller!
  • Smartbomb: The Quest for Art, Entertainment, and Big Bucks in the Videogame Revolution
  • Writing Science Fiction & Fantasy (Writing Series)
  • The Writer's Digest Character Naming Sourcebook
  • The Key: How to Write Damn Good Fiction Using the Power of Myth
  • Worlds of Wonder: How to Write Science Fiction & Fantasy
  • Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction: How to Create Out-Of-This-World Novels and Short Stories
  • Dungeons & Dreamers: A Story of how Computer Games Created a Global Community
  • Now Write! Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror: Speculative Genre Exercises from Today's Best Writers and Teachers