New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century with Online Learning Center access card

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
This new 7th Edition of New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century, is the most heavily revised edition since its existence, yet it still maintains the market defining "Timmons Model of the Entrepreneurial Process." As always, Timmons And Spinelli cover the process of getting a new venture started, growing the venture, and successfully harvesting it. Throu...more
Published February 27th 2006 by McGraw-Hill/Irwin (first published January 1st 1990)

Deniss Rutseikov Ojastu
A good-quality textbook which encompasses all aspects of establishing and leading a new venture. Noteworthy are the focus on recognizing opportunity for a venture, possible troubles and ways to deal with them. One of the biggest values of the book is a great focus on entrepreneurial finance - from obtaining financing, to managing cash flow, to exiting and harvesting gains. Interesting, diverse and detailed cases in the end of each chapter, which are based on real characters and stories.
Vladislav Tzvetanov
J Timmons was a professor who practiced in real business world what he taught at University. Thus the book is excellent tool for starting entrepreneurs, very useful for those whose small companies experience low growth rates and remarkable for theorists who want to write books of interest for practitioners.
Luigi
I had to read this at university but over the time it has helped me win millions of dollars in business for my employers and helped me organize new ventures effectively and honestly. The information and tools in this book are almost like an MBA in one IMHO.
Brandon
A definite read for any aspiring entrepreneur. Even though it's a textbook, it's really good and really delves into the process of venture creation. Probably the only textbook I ever enjoyed reading.
Abdullah ALSOBIYL
This book is good for those who wnt to create a new business ,for entrepreneur who is an opportunity seeker.
Erin
This was my favourite MBA text- love the subject matter, though! Well written, good case studies, etc.
Henry Phillips
I found it super boring. There is more fluff than substance.
Alex Yost
If I was picking one book for entrepreneur, this would be it.
Joseph
I have 6th edition
Sidster Malaga
Sidster Malaga marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Anthony Clarke
Anthony Clarke marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Sridutt Nayak
Sridutt Nayak marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Feye Lema
Feye Lema marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Jorge
Jorge marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Jason Kroese
Jason Kroese marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Joel
Joel marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Jingjing Dong
Jingjing Dong marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Roberto Segovia
Roberto Segovia marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Timothy Kizito
Timothy Kizito marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Jeep
Jeep added it
May 14, 2014
Olga Frey
Olga Frey marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Business Plans That Work How to Raise Capital: Techniques and Strategies for Financing and Valuing Your Small Business Planning And Financing The New Venture New Business Opportunities: Getting to the Right Place at the Right Time The Business Planning Workbook: Creating a Business Plan That Works