Start by marking “Born of the Shadows (Rebel Angels, #1)” as Want to Read:
Born of the Shadows (Rebel Angels, #1)

Born of the Shadows (Rebel Angels #1)

Proud and rebellious, the Angel Gideon is banished from the Light and sent to medieval Jerusalem. There, he must find his redemption or Fall. Darkly sensual, compelling, powerful - Born of the Shadows. Book 1 of the Rebel Angels by Cyndi Friberg.
Paperback, First Edition, 296 pages
Published August 27th 2005 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Born of the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born of the Shadows

Julie
The most enthralling, "Angelic" version of the existence and fate of those beautifully mysterious creatures of light and glory who are blessed to be one of the highest servants of the Creator. Man's existence and world here on earth is interwoven into the fate of some very specific angels in this story which is the first in the "Rebel Angels" series by Cyndi Friberg. Be prepared because Cyndi's angels will leave you feeling anything but holy! These angels are definitely glorious in more ways tha ...more
Kyra Dunst
Apr 30, 2014 Kyra Dunst rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew angels could be so naughty? Well, perhaps Gideon wasn't quite and angel anymore, but he wasn't quite Fallen either. Due to his own rebelliousness, Gideon was sent out of Heaven to live among man and is cursed by his own rebellious spirit. Naomi is an innocent in every way, and Gideon seeks to use her to get revenge on one of the angels involved in his punishment. But fate has other plans, and soon Gideon begins to lose his heart to the sweet woman he once sought to ruin. I love Cindi Fr ...more
Chills
Feb 24, 2010 Chills rated it really liked it
Light and darkness, good angel, bad angel but you can always
turn things around when you have a positive in your life - in
this case "love".
Great book,
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Rage and Redemption is the first book in the Rebel Angels series, and tells the story of Gideon, an angel not quite Fallen but very close, and Naomi, an orphan staying in a monastery under the watchful eye of Gabriel. Gideon is being punished and the end time of his punishment is coming up, although he is unaware of that. He meets Naomi at the monastery is quickly becomes fascinated with her. This starts his journey of dealing with his issues, before the time runs out.

This was an enjoyable read
June
May 16, 2017 June rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my God!

I would give this author a 10 star rating, if possible. Cyndi Friberg has twisted and emerged every emotion I have. Rage & Redemption is written to the depths of a being. Her story immersed me into the world of Shadows as I read and watched the lives of Gabriel, Naomi & Gideon unfold. Oh my God.
Holly Douglas
Dec 27, 2013 Holly Douglas rated it really liked it

Rebel Angels #1

I am a huge paranormal fan and I am always interested in new stories of Angels.

In this first book of Rebel Angels series Cyndi Friberg gives the reader everything, some mystery, suspense, romance, hot steamy sex, and a dash of redemption as well.
This is a story of one Angel’s inner struggle with Light and Dark or Good and Evil. Which will he embrace for all time?
As a rebel Gideon is sent to earth among the humans to learn his lessons and to make a choice. In his quest to to anno
Susan Lower
Mar 03, 2014 Susan Lower rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a good read if you like hot love scenes and good verses evil. I did find myself skimming over many pages of the love scenes as they felt over done and elongated. While the setting was historical it never bothered me whether the author was entirely true to history or not, as many fantasy novels can create their own laws and settings as long as they don't go out of bounds for the world of the characters.

Who knows, I am pick up another novel by the author. I'm definitely intrigued by
Susan Lower
Nov 27, 2013 Susan Lower rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did a search for speculative fiction and this was one of the titles that appeared. It was a free buy on my kindle app and it was a good read. It's a romance between a dark angel and a young girl that shows a pure heart can really transform someone from darkness to light.
It is not for those who those who like to keep the bedroom door shut in their fiction reading, but it's a good read. I'm looking foward to reading the other two books in this series.
tina barrington
Sep 16, 2015 tina barrington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible

I am an artist and use material objects to create my art. Cyndi Friberg is an artist and uses words to create her art. I could picture the songs sung, the large wings as they protected the angels and smell the vile odor of the fallen demons. Will be interested in read her book about the female fallen angel.
Angarad
Aug 15, 2013 Angarad rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Angels, fallen angels and demons are a bit common as a subject but this story, set in medieval time, was original and I enjoyed readying it. Naomie is quite festy for a woman raised with monks, creating an interesting contrast and a nice setting. But my favorite my Gideon, his duality, passion in every aspect of his life, light or dark and his unconditional love for Naomie.
Elizabeth
Aug 12, 2013 Elizabeth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-bub
***BORN OF THE SHADOWS = RAGE AND REDEMPTION.
It seems like bookbub has had a string of free books about fallen angels this month. Won't read the other books in this series even though I liked Cyndi Friberg's other space fantasy series.
Michele bookloverforever
rebel but not fallen Angel finds redemption in the arms of a loving woman after a few riddles with temptation.
Michelle Woods
Not really a bad book just not for me...
Amanda
Jul 15, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was fun and cute.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Emily
At times, I totally trudged through this book. It started getting better and looks like the next book will be even better.
Nazera
Jul 18, 2013 Nazera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it. always happy to end a book smiling.
Mammatess
Mar 03, 2013 Mammatess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved it!
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Siân Ribbon
Siân Ribbon rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2014
Naurarwen
Naurarwen rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Gail
Gail rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Emily Edgeworth
Emily Edgeworth rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Stacey Ford
Stacey Ford rated it did not like it
May 27, 2014
Marisol Reyes
Marisol Reyes rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Renee Carlton
Renee Carlton rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Liesl
Liesl rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2010
Enjoli Dancy
Enjoli Dancy rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Tesha Decanter
Tesha Decanter rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Kelly Copeland
Kelly Copeland rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Dark Knight in Disguise I (Earthbound Angels, #1)
  • Taken (The Vampire's Concubine, #3)
  • Tricked (Demon's Mark, #2)
  • Freedom (Delroi Prophecy, #1)
  • A Civilized Mating (ALPHAS #5)
  • Fallen (Angels Among Us #1)
  • Alien General's Chosen (Brion Brides, #4)
  • Assigned a Mate (Interstellar Brides, #1)
  • Love Me to Death (Underveil, #1)
  • Heroes Live Forever
  • Terran (Breeder, #2)
  • Mated (The Sandaki, #1)
  • Eternal Ever After (Ever After, #1)
  • Wildcat (Cat Star Chronicles, #9)
  • Untouchable Lover (Warriors of Lemuria, #1)
  • Torn Desires (Chosen by the Vampire Kings, #1.2)
  • 3013: Renegade (3013, #2)
  • The Scholomance
Anything-but-Ordinary is a creed I try to reflect in my writing. Though all of my books have a paranormal twist, the main focus remains love, loyalty and the struggle for redemption. My writing has won numerous awards and appeared on several best seller lists. (Amazon, Fictionwise and All Romance Ebooks)

I live in Colorado with my high school sweetheart turned husband of many years. With a pampered
More about Cyndi Friberg...

Rebel Angels (3 books)
  • Echoes and Embers (Rebel Angels, #2)
  • Splendor and Darkness (Rebel Angels, #3)