Start by marking “Born of the Shadows (Rebel Angels, #1)” as Want to Read:
Born of the Shadows (Rebel Angels, #1)

Born of the Shadows (Rebel Angels #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Proud and rebellious, the Angel Gideon is banished from the Light and sent to medieval Jerusalem. There, he must find his redemption or Fall. Darkly sensual, compelling, powerful - Born of the Shadows. Book 1 of the Rebel Angels by Cyndi Friberg.
Paperback, First Edition, 296 pages
Published August 27th 2005 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Born of the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born of the Shadows

Julie
The most enthralling, "Angelic" version of the existence and fate of those beautifully mysterious creatures of light and glory who are blessed to be one of the highest servants of the Creator. Man's existence and world here on earth is interwoven into the fate of some very specific angels in this story which is the first in the "Rebel Angels" series by Cyndi Friberg. Be prepared because Cyndi's angels will leave you feeling anything but holy! These angels are definitely glorious in more ways tha ...more
Kyra Dunst
Who knew angels could be so naughty? Well, perhaps Gideon wasn't quite and angel anymore, but he wasn't quite Fallen either. Due to his own rebelliousness, Gideon was sent out of Heaven to live among man and is cursed by his own rebellious spirit. Naomi is an innocent in every way, and Gideon seeks to use her to get revenge on one of the angels involved in his punishment. But fate has other plans, and soon Gideon begins to lose his heart to the sweet woman he once sought to ruin. I love Cindi Fr ...more
Chills
Light and darkness, good angel, bad angel but you can always
turn things around when you have a positive in your life - in
this case "love".
Great book,
Holly Douglas

Rebel Angels #1

I am a huge paranormal fan and I am always interested in new stories of Angels.

In this first book of Rebel Angels series Cyndi Friberg gives the reader everything, some mystery, suspense, romance, hot steamy sex, and a dash of redemption as well.
This is a story of one Angel’s inner struggle with Light and Dark or Good and Evil. Which will he embrace for all time?
As a rebel Gideon is sent to earth among the humans to learn his lessons and to make a choice. In his quest to to anno
Susan Lower
This book was a good read if you like hot love scenes and good verses evil. I did find myself skimming over many pages of the love scenes as they felt over done and elongated. While the setting was historical it never bothered me whether the author was entirely true to history or not, as many fantasy novels can create their own laws and settings as long as they don't go out of bounds for the world of the characters.

Who knows, I am pick up another novel by the author. I'm definitely intrigued by
Michelle Woods
Not really a bad book just not for me...
Amanda
The story was fun and cute.
Susan Lower
I did a search for speculative fiction and this was one of the titles that appeared. It was a free buy on my kindle app and it was a good read. It's a romance between a dark angel and a young girl that shows a pure heart can really transform someone from darkness to light.
It is not for those who those who like to keep the bedroom door shut in their fiction reading, but it's a good read. I'm looking foward to reading the other two books in this series.
Angarad
Loved this book. Angels, fallen angels and demons are a bit common as a subject but this story, set in medieval time, was original and I enjoyed readying it. Naomie is quite festy for a woman raised with monks, creating an interesting contrast and a nice setting. But my favorite my Gideon, his duality, passion in every aspect of his life, light or dark and his unconditional love for Naomie.
Elizabeth
***BORN OF THE SHADOWS = RAGE AND REDEMPTION.
It seems like bookbub has had a string of free books about fallen angels this month. Won't read the other books in this series even though I liked Cyndi Friberg's other space fantasy series.
Emily
At times, I totally trudged through this book. It started getting better and looks like the next book will be even better.
Michele bookloverforever
rebel but not fallen Angel finds redemption in the arms of a loving woman after a few riddles with temptation.
Nazera
loved it. always happy to end a book smiling.
Mandi
Mandi marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Ebby
Ebby marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Angela Swartz
Angela Swartz marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Jennifer Campbell
Jennifer Campbell marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Marijana
Marijana marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
  • Dark Knight in Disguise I (Earthbound Angels, #1)
  • Taken  (The Vampire's Concubine, #1)
  • Branded (Demon's Mark, #1)
  • Fallen
  • Mated
  • Love Me to Death (Underveil, #1)
  • Freedom (Delroi Prophecy, #1)
  • Chosen by the Vampire Kings, Part 2: Torn Desires
  • The Scholomance
  • Eternal Ever After (Ever After, #1)
  • Wildcat (Cat Star Chronicles, #9)
  • The Power Of Three  (Triad, #1)
  • 3013: Renegade  (3013: The Series, #2)
  • Kilt Worthy
  • Midnight Captive (Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles, #2)
  • Shadow of the Wolf (Darkness Unleashed, #1)
  • Blood Genesis (Blood Curse #0.5)
  • Forbidden (The Seraphine Chronicles, #1)
Anything-but-Ordinary is a creed I try to reflect in my writing. Though all of my books have a paranormal twist, the main focus remains love, loyalty and the struggle for redemption. My writing has won numerous awards and appeared on several best seller lists. (Amazon, Fictionwise and All Romance Ebooks)

I live in Colorado with my high school sweetheart turned husband of many years. With a pampered
More about Cyndi Friberg...

Rebel Angels (3 books)
  • Echoes and Embers (Rebel Angels, #2)
  • Splendor and Darkness (Rebel Angels, #3)
Taken  by the Storm (Ontarian Chronicles, # 1) Royal Obsession (Shadow Assassins, #1) Therian Prey (Therian Heat, #1) Operation Hydra (Ontarian Chronicles, # 2) Therian Promise (Therian Heat, #2)