Start by marking “Dragon Lovers (Includes: Guardians #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Lovers (Includes: Guardians #2.5)

Dragon Lovers (Includes: Guardians #2.5)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  432 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Passion takes wing in four all-new stories from New York Times bestselling and award-winning authors.

Romance and fantasy collide in these enchanting stories featuring dragons-and love-in all their many forms. Four of today's most popular authors bring to life mythical creatures, otherworlds of yesterday and today, and the passionate melding of hearts.

From a virgin prin
Published March 6th 2007 by Signet Eclipse, NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Lovers

M—
Dreadful. Cloyingly sweet. I feel like I've gorged myself on electric-colored cotton candy and will be sick at any moment.

Avoid avoid avoid.

The Dragon and the Virgin Princess (Jo Beverley)

In which the reader learns that dragon slobber is erotic to humans, that dragons have the conversational skills of the average three-year-old child, and that an alternative method of collecting virgin princess blood by taking a small amount from several instead of nine pints from one is far too ridiculous for t
Cindy
A 4 story anthology with dragons being the theme. There is mostly implied sex, nothing really explicit.

Jo Beverley - 4 stars. This is a peculiar little story, set in another world with 2 opposing cultures. Saragond is like medieval England. Rozlinda is the chief princess. Rouar is a dragoneer from Dornan, a culture which revolves around the dragons, which are benevolent.
I didn't like Zlinda when she was a shreiking shrew, however, you have to cut her some slack. She's only 19, ripped from her
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
The four stories in this anthology have in common dragon-related plots and romance (in half the stories, one of the lovers is a dragon). The first story deals with a virgin princess kidnapped by a dragon rider. The second story has a knight sent to slay a dragon, who is later persuaded to defend the dragon and the dragon's granddaughter. The third story deals with a Dutchwoman in 17th century Japan who meets a dragon and a samurai while considering her options for the future. The fourth and fina ...more
Marsha
In a refreshing change from vampires and werewolves and zombies (oh my), four authors probe what it would be like to have a dragon for a mate. The stories are well told, brimming with familiar themes as damsels in distress, daring duels, beleaguered princesses, brave knights and magical spells. But the directions are original, fascinating and sexy, as the title suggests, with dangers not always coming from the expected sources.

There is passion as well and sexual heat, although the erotic scenes
Paxnirvana
I'd honestly been wondering lately if I've just grown too cynical or jaded from my years of reading romances and fantasy and science fiction... the romance and fantasy books I've picked up most often these days all seem to be dreck. (And I'm reading them from recs... which scares me even more! *shudder*)

But I took a chance once more on this book when I saw it come up on a "if you like x, you might like y" list - dragons, after all, are one of my most favorite fantasy creatures.

Took a chance and
Sheryl Nantus
As with all anthologies, this book is only as strong as the stories inside... and I really bounced back and forth between loving the book and tossing it into my charity donation stack.

The best, IMO, is "Anna and the King of Dragons" by Karen Harbaugh, dipping into the Asian well of dragon lore and crafting an expert story that had me going until the very end. The other three were interesting, but not enough to make me rush to see what else the authors had written. One actually had me wondering i
Ashley Gibson
This is an anthology featuring four short stories by acclaimed authors.

The first story is titled The Dragon and the Virgin Princess by Jo Beverley. I really enjoyed this story. It was about a dragoner who took a SVP (Sacrificial Virgin Princess) as his bride, for her to be a true sacrifice for the dragons survival. Will the dragoner fall for his princess bride, you'll have to read to find out.

The second story is titled The Dragon and the Dark Knight by Mary Jo Putney. I thought this was a very g
Laurel Richards
I'm a huge dragon fan, so I had to read this book.

"The Dragon and the Virgin Princess" by Jo Beverley was well written and kept me interested. I enjoyed Seesee (the dragon), and I liked that the SVP (Sacrificial Virgin Princess) had attitude.

"The Dragon and the Dark Knight" by Mary Jo Putney was an awesome twist to the traditional tale of slaying the dragon. In this case (spoiler alert), the dragons had their own knight as a champion.

"Anna and the King of Dragons" by Karen Harbaugh was my favori
Virginia
Four different tales that were lovely, rendering dragons and loves and lovers in new (to me, anyway) stories. I enjoyed the light, dreamy fantasy of the stories. I will have to check out more by the two authors I'm unfamiliar with.
Crystal
Huh.

Let's see... the first tale by Jo Beverly was just...odd. The dragons have to eat rocks, but not just any rocks, green rocks, *and* speshul blood only found in one family in order to lay eggs. And...they only lay eggs every 8 years. Seven years ago, a man the h's sister cared for killed the dragon so he could have the sister as a wife. (he being too lowborn otherwise). So only a dragon who'd already laid eggs can do so again in an off year. Also it takes more blood to accomplish said feat. E
Ashley Gibson
Oct 14, 2013 Ashley Gibson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who love paranormal romance, especially about Dragons
Recommended to Ashley by: Nobody
This is an anthology featuring four short stories by acclaimed authors.
Jessamine
This book is a good read for a quick fix and if you want to read about a range of dragons from different cultures. From the Mayan/Aztec Quetzalcoatl, to the Japanese ryuu, and to the classic European dragons, all aspects from all corners are explored in this collection of stories. Romance is present in all four of the stories.

Perhaps it's just my preferences, and I don't mean any of the four stories are badly written, but coming from a history of reading lots of dragon lore and lots of fantasy
Patricia Solla
Four interesting fantasy stories using dragon imagery for a lover. Sort of beauty meets beast. In the Dragon and the Virgin Princess by Jo Beverly, we find that the dragon is actually the catalyst for a meeting of two opposing factions and the joining of these two factions so that the families can continue to live in peace. This was actually an interesing tale. In the Dragon and the Dark Knight, we have a sort of reverse beauty and the beast as the dragon is the lady. This tale is a bit far fetc ...more
Maura
~Leslie~
This is an anthology of 4 dragon stories by 4 well known authors. An enjoyable book with mixed results.
The Dragon and the Virgin Princess1st story by Jo Beverly and unfortunately I didn't really like it. Seemed very childish and weak. 2 stars
The Dragon and the Dark Knight This second book is by Mary Jo Putney and I enjoyed it. It was well written and very sweet. 3.5 stars
Anna and the King of Dragons The third story is by Karen Harbuagh and it is set in Japan. It has a different feel to it an
Emilye
This novella made me reconsider my reading position on her Guardian series. I had put them back as being too close to Mercedes Lackey's Elemental Masters premise, but this story set in WWII Scotland was unputdownable.

It is a great anthology with strong offerings from all the contributors.
Marcie
What a cute little book! I normally don't enjoy short stories because of the little time allowed to develop the characters, but this collection was really pretty decent. I think it helped that each story was about 100 pgs long - much better than the usual 15-50 pgs in most books. By far my favorite was the first story - silly but fun writing style, good character development, and a very interesting setting. I actually plan on looking up this author's other works very soon. The next story I liked ...more
Larisa
Rare collection that all four stories were delicious while different from each other. Perfect escape for a winter day.
Mindy
I mainly checked this book out to read the Putney story. I did try to read Beverly's but couldn't get through the first page (it started as a poorly written period story).

Putney's story was about a knight who intends to fight a dragon to win a fiefdom from a local baron. It turns out the dragon is actually a protector of men and the local baron has turned on the dragon and his own people to try to claim the dragon's treasure. The dragon has a granddaughter with whom the knight falls in love. Th
Caro
This was a pretty good book. I liked all the stories and there story lines. There was one I didn't like as much as the others but overall a great book. I liked the different feelings and environments each story had and how they all centered on dragons, but different types and styles. The order of the stories was good too. The ending was a great. This was a fun read and had humor, some suspense, emotions, and a great mystical and magical feel. I definitely wouldn't mind reading this again. Enjoy!
Shereen Vedam
The four stories in it were written by:
Jo Beverley
Mary Jo Putney
Karen Harbaugh
Barbara Samuel

What I liked about the anthology is that each of the stories were quite original, both in topic and cultures. It ranged from historical to contemporary to fantasy. From Regency England to Japan to present day Santa Fe to an awesome fantasy world.

I also liked the variety of voices of the authors. No two were
similar in tone or temperament. Very refreshing.
Kim
my husband reserved this at the library for me as a joke, because I love anything with dragons in it! It was actually pretty good. there are 3 stories, and only one of them was really stupid. The stories are exactly what it looks like -- romance novel in sci fi book where there also are dragons [not romance with dragons! :o ]
Stacy
Super surprise, wonderful adventures, unexpected turns and twists in the first two stories ...the last was nice too. I didn't take the title literally so here I find myself reading romance dragon style and romance is not my interest but I got some good laughs and met some fine dragons, worthwhile.
Teresa Drelick
Two of the authors in this anthology are among my favorites and the other two a new adventure. Every once in a while I have to feed my inner princess and dream of castles and dragons. This book was one I couldn't put down...a nice piece of escapism. :)
Andrew
I like short stories, and a I tend to slightly prefer stories involving dragons, and so to the extent that these four stories are short (they are) and that they involve dragons (they do) I liked them. But I wouldn't say this book was anything special.
Greymalkin
I like Jo Beverly and I love dragons but this anthology was rather flat. The romances weren't that romantic and the dragons weren't that sexy. The writing was fine, but there's little else to recommend this. Oh well.
Patricia Eimer
Beverly's take on the sacrificial virgin princess is hilarious but otherwise this book was just sort of okay. the subject ideas were good but somehow the execution was just lacking.
Kel
4 stories of romance and dragons-each unique and fun to read. My favorites were the one set in 1700's Japan, and the one set in modern-day Santa Fe, NM. Thanks for the book, 755A.
Emily
This was great! Not your typical European-centric dragon stories, and no heaving bosoms or helpless damsels in distress. Well, there is distress, but the women handle it quite well.
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Lords of Desire
  • A Distant Magic (Guardians, #3)
  • Demon's Delight (Tale of the Demon World, #4)
  • The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor: Justine and the Noble Viscount \ Annalise and the Scandalous Rake \ Charlotte and the Wicked Lord (Harlequin Historical)
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • Broken Silence
  • Charmed Destinies
  • Hot and Bothered (4-in-1)
  • Tiger Lily
  • The Queen in Winter
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • Irresistible Forces
  • I Love Rogues: Zuleika And The Barbarian / All The Secret Pleasures / A Taste Of Honey
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • Dragon Weather (Obsidian Chronicles #1)
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
Mary Josephine Dunn was born 22 September 1947 in Lancashire, England, UK. At the age of eleven she went to an all-girls boarding school, Layton Hill Convent, Blackpool. At sixteen, she wrote her first romance, with a medieval setting, completed in installments in an exercise book. From 1966 to 1970, she obtained a degree in English history from Keele University in Staffordshire, where she met her ...more
More about Jo Beverley...
My Lady Notorious (Malloren, #1) An Arranged Marriage (Company of Rogues, #1) An Unwilling Bride (Company of Rogues, #2) Devilish (Malloren, #5) Something Wicked (Malloren, #3)