Sightings: A Maine Coast Odyssey

Sightings: A Maine Coast Odyssey

5.0 of 5 stars 5.00  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  1 review
Award-winning photographer Peter Ralston was introduced to the beautiful and austere Maine coast by friends Andrew and Betsy Wyeth. In this collection of his photographs -- at once straightforward and subtle -- Ralston has captured every aspect of Maine's coastal culture.
Published January 1st 1991 by Down East Books

Waven
I love, love, love this book. Ralston's simple but touching descriptions accompany his spectacular photography to form a beautiful composition that I have read, re-read, and enjoyed for years. I originally happened across it in the local library and immediately fell in love. Most would consider it a sort of coffee table book but it should not be dismissed as just another run-of-the-mill sort. It stands alone perfectly well and will occupy a space on my favorites shelf for the forseeable future.
Arman Kaliev
Arman Kaliev marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Cherida Hivale
Cherida Hivale marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
Vinetta
Vinetta marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2011
The Book of Not Knowing: Exploring the True Nature of Self, Mind, and Consciousness Zen Body-Being: An Enlightened Approach to Physical Skill, Grace, and Power Cheng Hsin: The Principles of Effortless Power Cheng Hsin T'ui Shou: The Art of Effortless Power Reflections of Being