Start by marking “From The Dark - Dari Balik Kegelapan” as Want to Read:
From The Dark - Dari Balik Kegelapan

From The Dark - Dari Balik Kegelapan (Bewitch the Dark #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  381 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Michael Lynsay, vokalis The Fallen, adalah penyanyi yang sedang berada di puncak karier. Ia memesona para penggemar dengan jeritan rock ‘n roll-nya yang hebat. Namun Michael punya rahasia besar—ia vampir.
Untuk mempertahankan hati nuraninya, Michael mengasingkan diri dan berjuang melawan kegelapan. Tapi sepertinya ia menuju kekalahan—sampai ia bertemu Jane Rénan. Hanya Jan...more
Published 2008 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published November 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about From The Dark - Dari Balik Kegelapan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From The Dark - Dari Balik Kegelapan

Yolanda Sfetsos
The story's basically about a rock star, who also happens to be a vampire. He meets a not-witch called Jane when they accidentally cross paths, and is totally smitten by her! The chemistry between them is sizzling as they slowly learn new things about each other. Not going to go into it much more than that because I might spoil something for anyone that hasn't read it yet!

I was intrigued by one of the secondary characters called Ravin Crosse, which I think Michele is currently writing a book wit...more
Jessica
omg are you kidding me with this? its like an even worse version of twilight. sloppy writing (here in the form of overly simple sentences and awful point of view changes)? check. male character who wants to kill female character? check. female character completely ok with this? ok well I didn't make it far enough to know this for sure but you can probably assume this one. here's the difference between the two. though. twilight admittedly has no redeeming qualities: god awful writing, an unhealth...more
Michiyo 'jia' Fujiwara
From the Dark berkisah (Jane) Jeanne Renan yang lahir pada tahun 1881, telah hidup 125 tahun,memiliki orangtua, Vicomte Baptiste Renan adalah vampir, dan Roxane Decrues seorang penyihir, berkat darah ayahnya yang mengalir dalam tubuhnya, Jane dapat merasakan vampir melalui getaran yang hanya dengan merasakannya. Dan berjumpalah Jane dengan Michael Lynsay, Vokalis The Fallen seorang penyanyi yang sedang naik daun, teramat dikagumi oleh penggemarnya, tapi ada rahasia besar yang orang tidak tahu, b...more
Zoe Tribley
Okay. This is bluntly rare. Crazy rare. But I actually didn't like this Michele Hauf novel too much.

I didn't like Michael. And I didn't like Jane.

And I didn't like their relationship.

When I think of Michael, automatically a bright neon sign that reads "douche bag" goes off in my head. Of course he was sexy with a rockin bod and his internal struggle was heart breaking, thanks to Michele Hauf and her writing, but he would always refer to Jane as his "plain Jane" as, most of the time, some kind...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Bercerita tentang Michael Lyndsay sang vokalis grup musik "The Fallen" yang "menyepi" dan tinggal di rumah peristirahatan milik teman satu grup musik, dikarenakan ingin memulihkan kondisi tubuhnya setelah keletihan.

Padahal alasan utamanya adalah untuk menyembunyikan kenyataan bahwa Michael adalah seorang vampir dan karena sudah berbulan bulan tidak dapat "mangsa" maka ia menyepi untuk mencari mangsa sekaligus memikirkan bagaimana ia bisa meredam nafsu vampirnya.

Saat berlibur, ia bertemu dengan J...more
Sammy, the Cyborg Slut  & Lover of Books
I had read book two of this series 1st because it was a free Nook read and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I loved the love/hate relationship between the vampire and the witch. This review for the 1st book in the series was a little hard to write because I felt that the writer had a good idea that didn't translate well once written. The writing didn't flow well and felt choppy at times. The character development was poor. I felt as if I knew a ton about Jane and not enough about Michael to make...more
faeriemyst
From the Dark has some interesting ideas, nothing original but good still the same; it's just too bad the story couldn't come together. I got to the end of page 170 and just could not go on. I hate to be so harsh but I was not going to force this torture onto myself anymore.

The main problem with the book was how hurried it was; the book had too much going on and was light on a decent plot, yet it still ended up boring. For the most part the story consisted of parts that were redundant, cheesy, w...more
Brenda
Ceritanya bagus klo dr standar harlequin:)

Michael seorang vampir sekaligus seorang penyanyi rock, yang sangat terkenal dan dipuja-puja banyak orang terutama wanita. Memutuskan untuk break sejenak dari dunia hiburan. Ia pergi dan tinggal di rumah seorang temannya, Jesse.

Tak sengaja Jane seorang yang ditugaskan untuk memperbaiki kaca di rumah Jesse-pun bertemu dengan Michael. Mereka-pun harus bersusah payah menahan kedua perasaan mereka.

Sayang-nya Jane adalah half witch, and half vampire. Darah p...more
Caro
This was an ok book. I couldn't really get into it though. There were some good characters and a good basic story line but I didn't really favor the actual journey. I had to kinda make myself finish this one, not because I didn't like it but because I couldn't get interested. There was no grip for me and I couldn't really connect or understand the characters. They didn't really feel fleshed out and were more 2D than 3D to me. It felt kinda like a script with no oomph. I did like the concept of t...more
Sharal Hunter
In an already flooded market of vampires, this one didn't knock my socks off, but it wasn't bad. Pretty fast read about a vampire named Michael who is also a rock star who decides to take a self-imposed exile to get his head together and learn to control his blood craving.

Jane, the heroine is a witch, who we learn is the offspring of a vampire and a witch. A plot twist I found interesting is that drinking a witch's blood is toxic to vampires, but having sex seems to give the vampire more power....more
Daniela
Yippie, I found a new series that I can like.
Witches and vampires, allergic -even deadly- for each other, but of course it is never that easy.

In this book by Michele Hauff, From the Dark, we find two individuals that try to find seclusion, in a friends empty house at exactly the same time. Needless to say: One is a vampire, on is a witch and due to the fact that these two species had a fallout sometime back they should not be getting along as well as they do...
See for yourself!

A fun read for a s...more
Fitri
Gambaran tentang Michael dan Jane benar-benar gamblang... kadang-kadang masih sering ngebayangin gambaran Michael dan Jane walaupun dah selesai baca buku ini, mhuahuhaa... Michael bener2 badboy, Jane bener2 cuek awalnya...

Endingnya bikin terharu waktu Michael menyerahkan jantungnya sendiri supaya Jane bisa tetap hidup... walaupun ujung-ujungnya dia minta Jane melakukan sihirnya untuk bikin Michael juga tetap bisa hidup, mhuahuahaa...

Mary
Loved this book. Read them out of order, but that didn't matter. Each book can stand alone or be read in order (4 books in all). I got one free so I read it to see what it was about. It was fantastic. I love the different spin on the Vamps and how she pulls witches in. She also has some 1/2 breeds which is awesome. Very dramatic, sexy, and romantic. Definately recommend this book.

Karry
All in all the story line was fantastic! The beginning was a bit rough around the edges. I am far from being grammatically savvy, ( my spelling and grammar suck BIG TIME) but there were portions of the writing that just screamed "incorrect". Once I got past that, I loved it. The characters were perfect. The inner struggle was profound. Looking forward to the next book.
Andrea
This one was a huge flop for me. The whole book wasn't thought out and well written. I did however enjoy the ending and of course the counting thing was funny but for the whole of the book it felt like to me MH had an excellent idea but just couldn't bring it out well in the finished work. This one won't be staying on my shelves as I have no desire to read it again.
Ren
Salah dua dari Harlequin Nocturne terbitan GPU yang dulu pertama dibaca. Dan bela- belain baca lanjutannya versi Bahasa Inggris.

Ternyata Michele Hauf ini aktif banget nulis buku, dan dunianya From the Dark ini dikembangkan lebih luas lagi sama beliau. Sayang juga yah ngga dilanjutin GPU

Edisi baca...pas kuliahan dong :P
Marchel
Nemu di rumah. Berhubung tidak ada yang ngaku, ya sudah kubaca saja.

-edit on nov 1st, 2011-
Cerita mengenai kisah cinta vampir dan seorang keturunan-penyihir-n-vampir-yang-bukan vampir-dan-tidak-bisa-menyihir.

Bingung kan?! Sengaja ^_^

Lebih dari itu bisa spoiler :D

Theresa
Its Interesting how they meet though the rock star type character has been overdone. I had to skim a lot on the middle due to too much info and slowness of storyline. But then it got better toward the end after her father arrives., especially how they solve the crisis.
Mary Tillman
I really enjoyed the twist with the vampires and witches. It's a first for me, and I found it very refreshing.

That said, I think I need to move on to a new genre, these stories are becoming too predictable for me, and I like to be surprised.
Cathy
I found Michael a very unlikeable character, guess that was what kept me reading this one. Not usual to find a weak hero. Wasn't impressed with Jane too much either. It did have a good story line though the characters were less than likeable.
Patty
This is the book I was asking about. The tormented Rockstar Vampire meets the artist witch and they fall in love. Embarrassed to say it is a Harlequin Romance. I liked it though, it was sweet and will read the next one.
Robyn
I really liked Jane, and she was a fun match with the rock star vampire hero. I was a little disappointed in the ending, but it worked out. A very enjoyable read.
Elidanora
Es una lectura ligera, trata sobre una media bruja y un vampiro con miedo a perder el control, que ademas es una estrella de rock.
Jennifer Brewer
Took about 100 pages to get into it and figure out what was going on, then it was good after that. Good ending too.
Netanella
Rock 'n' roll and blood sex magic, too! Did I mention black birthday cakes with glitter? Very enjoyable book.
Indah Threez Lestari
327th - 2011

Ternyata ada vampir baru yang mengikuti jejak Vampir Lestat jadi rockstar.
Mademoiselle Westcolt
Ni buku kocak bgt. Masa vampire kehausan di kasih pil aspirin buat berhitung.
wkwkwkwk.....
Tukang Kueh Keren
agak keceewa dengan vampirenya...apa karena sudah membaca twilight? :D
Angelina Hosein
errr... Not Bad But Not Even Good either.... don't know what i must says...
Mandi
Great Story!! Looking forward to reading the rest of this series...
  • Persecuted (Witch Hunt #2)
  • Nevermore (Guardians #2)
  • Cry Of The Wolf (The Pack #5)
  • Unforgiven (Warriors for the Light #1)
  • Wild Hunt (Unbound #3)
  • Sentinels: Jaguar Night (Sentinels #1)
  • Scions: Revelation (Scions #3)
  • Dark Lies (Valorian Chronicles #2)
  • Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2)
  • Beast of Desire (Knights of White #2)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over fifteen years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cr...more
More about Michele Hauf...
Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2) Her Vampire Husband (Wicked Games, #3) The Devil To Pay (Bewitch the Dark #4) Forever Vampire Seducing the Vampire