Start by marking “Tomorrow's Promise” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow's Promise

Tomorrow's Promise

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  1,288 ratings  ·  51 reviews
It happened the way attraction happens best: suddenly, passionately, unforgettably. They were speaking at the same congressional hearing about Vietnam soldiers listed MIA. Keely's husband was among the missing soldiers. He had been her childhood sweetheart, her future and then the unanswered question Keely had dedicated her life to solving. Now there was Dax. Could she all ...more
Paperback, Reprint, 304 pages
Published June 1st 2000 by Mira Books (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomorrow's Promise

Off the Record by K.A. LindeOn the Record by K.A. LindeFor the Record by K.A. LindeThe Syrian Virgin by Zack LoveRed, White & Screwed by Holly Bush
Political Romance Novels
11th out of 109 books — 37 voters
The Unsung Hero by Suzanne BrockmannAlways Time to Die by Elizabeth LowellLucky Charm by Carly PhillipsThe Last Chance Cafe by Linda Lael MillerThere Goes the Bride by Lori Wilde
MRM Contemporary Romance Novels 2
31st out of 72 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Melanie♥
5 stars for the narrator and 4.5 stars for the story
Despite being dated (this was written in the early 80's) I really enjoyed this sweet love story. The narrator is one of my favorites and did an amazing job on the southern accents.
Kat

This was one of my first Sandra Brown's novels that I have ever read. And it was because of this book that she has now become one of my ALL-TIME favorite authors! This book was... WOW.

What drew me in, you might ask?
Well first of all, the cover of this edition is so beautiful. I know the golden rule is never to trust a book by its cover, but I'm so happy that I did in that case. Otherwise I never would've discovered how wonderfully talented Ms. Brown is in writing about love, tragedy and hope.

I
Lynsey A
Kari
Given the content of Tomorrow's Promise, this book is definitely dated. It's hard to ignore the time it was written since it deals with MIA soldiers from the Vietnam war. I have mixed feelings about this book. I loved Dax. He is such a sweet guy and any woman would be a fool not to fall in love with him. His attraction to Keely is instant and even though she fights it at first, it is instant for her as well. I felt badly for him as I wanted to see him with Keely.

That was about all I liked about
Carol Stanley-Snow
RECEIVED BOOK FREE THROUGH GOODREADS FIRST READS.

Again, another great Sandra Brown read.

A heart tugging story of a woman not sure is she is a wife or a widow. A story of MIAs and those left behind in an emotional limbo. AND...a love that grows dispite the unknown.

Anyway, i really love Sandra Brown and i hope you read this story and also become a fan.
Diane
such a great love story from brown. one of her earlier books from 1983 and the plot is a woman waiting for confirmation if her husband is dead or alive from the vietnam war. it's been 13 years and she had only been married to mark for 2 weeks before he was shipped overseas. on her way to a conferece about this plight, she meets congrassman dax deraoux. a love story insues but she feels she must stay viligent to mark and the cause. will she findout marks fate when 26 soilders are eventually retur ...more
Mery
ubek-ubek lemari buku, ternyata aku punya buku ini. :D

Buku ini entah kenapa bisa ada di lemariku, tapi pas lihat harga belakang 12rb, baru inget aku beli ini pas emang lagi diskonan. Kayaknya sih asal comot karena tahu nama Sandra Brown :D

Ceritanya bagus.

Ceweknya namanya Keely, dia sudah nikah selama 12 tahun, tapi cuma ngerasain 3 minggu kebersamaan lantaran suaminya Mark harus berangkat ke Vietnam. Sebenarnya alasan mereka nikah ya memang karena Mark mau berangkat perang. Sayangnya nasib berka
Bronwyn Rykiert
I have read some good Sandra Brown novels but, for me, this was not one of them.

I did not like the main charcater Keely and her martyism. Keely's husband of a couple of months missing for 12 years and she put her life on hold in case he returns. When she evenutally meet someone she can't do anything and when she has a one night together she feels guilty about it? Come on! I found even the fact that Keely did not want to fly silly with her only reason being that husband was killed (though she wa
Monis
Kiedy otrzymałam "Prawo do szczęścia" bardzo się ucieszyłam, ponieważ uwielbiam książki Pani Brown. Każda z nich opowiada inną historię i każda jest wyjątkowa, na tej również się nie zawiodłam. Książkę świetnie się czyta, jest intrygująca więc również szybko ją pochłonęłam. Jest to opowieść o trudnych wyborach, poczuciu winy, odpowiedzialności za siebie i drugiego człowieka, wewnętrznej zmianie po ogromnym bólu zarówno fizycznym jak i psychicznym oraz prawdziwej miłości, która potrafi przynieść ...more
S.J. Tyson
The story of the wife of a MIA Vietnam soldier and a handsome congressman that she meets on a flight to Washington, D.C., the book was short and sweet. Sometimes a little too coincidental with their subsequent encounters, but the story overall was worthwhile. Written by Ms. Brown in the early 1980s, you can definitely tell it is one of her earlier works. But I was invested enough in the story to stay up all night to finish it, so it can't be all bad.
Iris Blobel
This story, if I may call it that, was just going on and on and on ... without anything really happening. And then something came up that made me check the blurb on the back cover and found out the book is almost thirty years old!

I've got to admit I didn't like the story. I think even placed into the "now" time, it'd be boring and at places close to unbelievable with so many coincidences.

Keely's soldier-husband has been missing in action for twelve years. She doesn't know whether he's dead or a
Kshydog
Good thoughts about how long should a spouse wait for a MIA. Liked how her employer supported her efforts and her emotional strength to get in a helicopter each day. Surprised how could she trust and fall so in love with such a playboy type man as that senator.
Elise
This is the next in my "random reading off the office bookshelf", otherwise I would rather be flayed alive than read a crappy lowbrow romance novel.

But I read it anyway.

It's a formula romance novel. You either like them or you don't.

Keely's husband is MIA in Vietnam (this is the early 1980s); on a trip to Washington to lobby for continuing benefits for MIA soldiers' families, she meets a hunky Senator, Dax Devereaux. Much passion and guilt and back and forth and "I must never see you again!" mom
Jami Blossom
This is an older book of Sandra brown and it was romance not murder or mystery. It was a good romance thought, I read it in two days!
Joannie
Excellent. It swept you and made u hold your breath when they found the 26 men..
Linda
Feb 06, 2014 Linda marked it as not-interested-in-reading
*Things just didn't click.*
Steph
sandra brown likes to explore really squirmy relationships that i don't approve of at all, which then ruins any enjoyment one might take from the love story - romances between women and their sister's ex-husbands/boyfriends, romances when one of the parties is married, and here, a romance between a woman who's husband is missing at war and the senator who is helping her in her cause for the missing men. such an icky, uncomfortable situation, so not a concept i want to explore, especially in an e ...more
Sari
Dari awal sampe 1 bab sebelum ending, menurut gw nih buku bagus, beda dari perkiraan sebelumnya yg membuat gw males membacanya.
Tapi....pas di bab akhir, tokoh cwnya bikin gw ilfil n membuat gw menyesal sudah membaca n membeli nih buku. Biz tuh cw dangkal banget, sok suci tapi giliran buat kesalahan malah menyalahkan tokoh cowonya. Aneh banget dah. Untung nih buku diskon, jadi gak bikin gw menyesal bgt krn ud beli, klo gak, bisa" gw nyesel ampe keubun" d. BT X(
Maura
If I'm remembering this story correctly, Keely is married but her husband has been missing in Vietnam and she's taking political action about it. Along comes Dax and the fact that she's married gets in the way of their being together. I remember not liking that. I like Sandra Brown, but I'm not so much a fan of her earlier works. Especially not this one - but that was due more to circumstances in the novel.
Shawn
This is the first romance novel I have read. It was pretty much what I expected, but I can't say I was disappointed. Sometimes predictability can be a good thing! The characters, although a bit "ideal", felt very real. Most of the intimate scenes really got my heart pounding. And most importantly, the reason I give this book 4 stars instead of 3, I cried and cried and cried at the end. Very nice finish! :)
LJ
Tomorrow's Promise - NR
Brown, Sandra (aka Laura Jordan, Rachel Ryan, Erin St. Claire)

It happened the way attraction happens best: suddenly, passionately, unforgettably. High above the ground on a crowded flight to Washington, D.C., radio personality Keely Preston felt the irresistible pull of Congressman Dax Devereaux, and nothing would ever be the same.

Definitely not one of my favorites.
Andrea Larson
After reading Ricochet and Play Dirty, this was somewhat of a disappointment. It was a so-so love story about a woman whose husband disappears in Vietnam. After 12 years, the government is proposing a bill to have these men (there are 2000) declared legally dead. She is head of a group that's fighting this bill - but then falls in love with a congressman who's a part of the hearing for the bill.
Carrie
If you take into account the date of publication (1983) this is a decent romance. Overly dramatic? yes. Dated? Yes. But the story contained a sympathetic and, at times, poignant look at the limbo the wives of soldiers missing-in-action live in, even years after the fact. That part of the story was moving and worth thinking about.
Tasha
It was rather odd, I picked up several books at the library and I think half were about vets. I really liked this one. It's the first one I've read where the story focuses on the family left behind when a vet is MIA. I also like some of the political aspects or behind the scenes info. As always, Brown has gret characters. Good read.
Gjbates
I really liked Dax, but I had a problem with Keely waiting for so long for a missing husband when he was almost likely dead. When she thought Dax was lying about her husband being dead I was even more annoyed. I did think the story was interesting with the main plot being soldiers missing from Vietnam
Pam
I had thought Sandra Brown primarily a mystery writer, so when a friend inadvertently left this book at my house, I decided to read it. It turned out to be a romance. Yuck! I can't believe I wasted a Sunday afternoon to read this.
Jenn
Found in the back of a closet at work, when I was desperate for something to read during lunch. It definitely supports my decision to only read Sandra Brown mysteries and steer clear of her romances.
Danielle
Wow Sandra Brown, this is a awesome book. Once I started reading it, I couldn't but it down. I was so upset once the book was done because I wanted to see what happened between Keely and Dax. Loved it!
Pamela
Just okay. Predictable. Was on vacation and didn't have anything else to read. Else I don't think I would have even finished it. Dated -- but it was written in 1982, so ....
Naida
I received this book (in Russian) through First Reads giveaway.

It was a fast and fun read! A beautiful romance novel for the days you want to read something easy.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • After The Music
  • A Willing Surrender (Harlequin Presents, #976)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • Aftershocks
  • Heartbreaker (Kell Sabin, #3)
  • Nice Girls Finish Last
  • Dual Image
  • Steam-Powered 2: More Lesbian Steampunk Stories
  • Cinderella Hour
  • Sheikh's Convenient Bride (O'Connells, #4)
  • Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters, #2)
  • The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1)
  • McKettrick's Heart (McKettrick Men, #3) (McKettricks, #8)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), SMOKE SCREEN (2008), PLAY DIRTY (2007), RICOCHET (2006), CHILL FACTOR (2005), WHITE HOT (2004),
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Ricochet Chill Factor Envy