Start by marking “Prime Time” as Want to Read:
Prime Time

Prime Time

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  1,749 ratings  ·  54 reviews
More than anything else, cable TV reporter Andrea Malone wanted a network job. And it could be hers if she gained a coveted interview with the aging General Ratiff -- especially if she uncovered the secret that drove him into seclusion at his Texas ranch. One obstacle was Lyon Ratiff, the general's watchdog of a son. Andrea had a plan, but had no way of knowing how Lyon's ...more
Published September 1st 1995 by Grand Central Publishing (Formerly Warner Books) (first published June 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Prime Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prime Time

Amanda Sheila
Ugh, I'm in looove!

This book is my first Sandra Brown's book and it's definitely not disappointing. Even though Sandra's writing, personally to me, isn't as smooth as Linda Howard, I pretty much enjoyed the plot, especially the one in this book.

The drama! I love the drama so much I actually cried while reading it. Lyon's such a bitter man. He tend to assume for the worst and jump to the conclusion without trying to find the truth. His character reminds me a lot of Diana Palmer's signature Hero
Courtney
You have to keep in mind that this book was written in the late 70s early 80s when there was a different mindset to famles in the workplace. That being said, I still had a difficult time warming up to the main man in the story, Lyon. Treated her like crap, and she still liked him and was drawn to him...wtf? I've never been in an unequal relationship before, but this still erks the hell out of me. I did like the conflicting emotions each had; however, I still think things could've been probed dee ...more
Kari
As I was listening to Prime Time, I had to keep chanting to myself that it was written in a different time where the ideas of what was romantic and acceptable in relationships was a lot different than it is now. The author even makes a note of that in the reprint of the book. She had originally published it under a different name. I am so glad that times have changed in the world of romance.

Even keeping that in mind, I'm not sure it was enough to save the book for me. I had such a hard time bel
Kimnjcb
It was okay.
Judy Hall
I got a disc and a half in and was actually nauseated. Not Sandra Brown's fault. She warned me that it represented the styles of an earlier day. I am not sure it I would have found this romantic in the earlier day. I hope not, but I don't know. After the first "forced seduction" scene I could see how this book was going to go and I couldn't go there.
Jody
please save yourself the time and do not bother to read this book. SB has grown into a great writer. some of her other early romance books are quaint, yet enjoyable. but this book is so sexist you will want to pull your hair out.
Kath
Had more potential - but overall okay story, December 2, 2008
What a great story line, but certainly one that's been done before. Though, I believe this book is a reprint of a book that was originally published in the early 80's. Andi, a TV reporter going for the impossible interview. Lyon is the son the the interviewee that Andi would like to interview. Lyon is protective over his military father and resents Andi's presence. He's a very bitter and hostile person.

Both have had previous marriages
OceMei Belikova♥
Andrea Malone, yang lebih dikenal dengan panggilan Andy adalah seorang reporter lokal yang ditugaskan untuk mewawancari Jendral Ratliff, tokoh yang ikut berperang dalam Perang Dunia II. Karena faktor usia dan kesehatan yang tidak prima, Jendral Ratiliff selalu menolak tawaran wawancara dari stasiun manapun yang ingin meliputnya. Penolakan yang sama pun terjadi pada Andy. Putra Jendral Ratliff, Lyon Ratliff tidak ingin ada yang menganggu ayahnya lagi terutama di masa tuanya ini. Namun Andy tak hi ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Andrea Malone atau Andy, seorang reporter yang handal berhasil mendapat ijin untuk mewawancarai Jendral Ratcliff seorang tokoh besar PDII yang selama ini sangat sulit untuk ditemui.

Meskipun diijinkan, namun Lyon Ratcliff,putera sang Jendral yang sangat protektif terhadap kehidupan pribadi sang ayah merupakan perintang usaha Andy untuk melakukan wawancara ini. Meskipun sang jendral sendiri sangat kooperatif dan bersahabat.

Ketika sang Jendral akhirnya meninggal dunia, Andy belum mendapat ijin untu
Kristina Čechová
Moje slabost pro příběhy Sandry Brown se nedá popřít. Líbila se mi i tato kniha, která v originále jako Prime Time vyšla již v roce 1983. Od té doby uběhlo již spoustu let a s těmi léty se kvalita psaní Sandry pohnula kamsi dál. Tehdy ještě psala pod pseudonymem Rachel Ryan.

Poslední interview je plný klišé, naivity a občas úsměvných dialogů jako vystřižených z nějaké telenovely. Ale přesto se příběh plný romantiky a smutku povedl. Líbilo se mi prostředí, ve kterém se děj odehrával - no, kdy by s
Robin
TV Reporter Andrea Malone wanted to interview the elderly General Ratliff, if she could get past his watchdog son, Lyon Ratliff.

I really could not get into this book. I thought both main characters were unlikeable, especially the heroine. There are also many misunderstandings through out the book that could be cleared up if they just had a conversation. My rating: 1 star.
diane dawson
Love it

Lyon was pain the ass ,he made a very real character. Being a rich man he could get away with anything. Andy fall too fast for him,she saw too much that she liked.
Dorothy
This was a very good story and I loved reading it. You knew that it would turn out ok but toward the end it made you wonder if you were wrong.
Vannessagrace Vannessagrace
TV reporter Andrea Malone, following in her father’s footsteps, was chasing after a story that would land her a job on network TV and that story was to get an interview with the reclusive General Ratiff. The only obstacle was Lyon Ratiff, the general’s son, who wouldn’t let any media near his dad. Malone devised a scheme to get in to see the General and when Lyon found out, he couldn’t throw her out because the General wanted to give her an interview.

Prime Time was the typical romance story wit
Julie Barrett
prime time by sandra brown (rachel ryan)
She's trying to get the scoop of a lifetime to get her the better job at the network.
He is a recluse and is getting very old and he has stipulations to the interview.
Andi has the interview and he wants her to stay at the family house. Her film/audio crew will stay in the bunkhouse.
Ryan the son has objections but his dad holds his ground.
Health issues arise and Ryan falls apart and Andi tries to help but can she achieve a better outcome?
Just when you think
Josy
not what I expected
Lena
úžasný. smutný.
Bill
Wow. Since I had previously read "Smoke Screen" by Sandra Brown and enjoyed it enough to give it a rating of "4", I assumed this would also be a great book. Was I fooled. This "Prime Time" was written in her "previous life" as a romance novelist. The story was so lame and the individuals were so shallow. Not sure how anyone can enjoy a romance novel if this is what they are like (this is my first - and last romance novel). I'm glad to see that Sandra Brown became a better writer in more recent t ...more
Jamie
A cute fluffy love story. Lyon was a sexist pig who didn't like women because his wife left him, so clearly all women are bitches. Andi is a reporter whose first husband died in Guatemala shooting and earthquake, he ran around on her, so clearly she's not worth any man's time.

She goes to interview Lyon's father, and sparks fly, they fall in love... it's a bit outdated, it was written originally in 1983 and you can tell. I would never read it again, but I'm glad I picked it up as a quick read.
Michelle Connolly
I enjoyed reading this book and loved Sandra Brown's cowboy character Lyon. He was steamy hot! Though he was too much of a jerk sometimes I found myself hating Andy instead for putting up with him. I would've liked to read her telling him to take a hike and make him work harder to get into her pants. On the other hand, I thought the sex scenes were good. Very sexy!
The ending was sweet, but far too unrealistic for my taste. In the whole, I gave the book 3 starts because I found it likeable and s
Annette Meier
Classic love, mistrust, hate and reconciliation! Not bad for an early summer read!
Roger
Too much romance, not enough suspense for me, but a good read.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Ok, I haven't read the book, it's in Italian. I have purchased more books by this author that I will be reading. I am participating in an international giveaway on my blog in February 2011, where I will promote this book and give the copy and hopefully draw more attention to the author. She was kind enough to send me an audiobook with the book. I look forward to reading more of her work.
Loved this book! She got her story and the man too. I hated how Lyon was so rude to her and wouldn't even hear Andrea out, but that made the story. Getting to know how close a family can be and then letting in someone from outside the family, and getting close to them too isn't something that often happens anymore. A wonderful read, and very uplifting.
Komal Mehta
That was my second book from the same author. The book lacks in a thorough story, and even the one remains drags slowly. The romance is trying to make up for the missing storyline, but is quite feeble, which gave me the same sense as in the last book. Overall a meltdown of my expectations!
Mo
Feb 13, 2013 Mo rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
This was your typical cheesy romance novel. It's not my genre at all so i tried to be fair and give it 2 stars as someone who appreciates this type of read may like it. I just found it very cheesy. Sandra Brown made the right decision when she switched from romance to mystery novels.
Kathrine
bleh. This book should have come with a better warning: Beware. Extremely old school, highly predictable, eye roll worthy, very cheesy, romance novel. It's books like these that remind me why I tend to skip the romance section. Much prefer Sandra Brown's suspense novels.
Mom Taxi Julie
I didn't realize this was one of the "older" Sandra Brown books when I got it. You know the ones that don't have much of a plot other than a stupid romance. "Ain't no one got time for that" After disc 2 I decided I'd just rather listen to the radio.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • After The Music
  • Boundary Lines
  • Der Himmel über Darjeeling
  • Heartbreaker (Kell Sabin, #3)
  • Straight from the Heart (Loveswept, No 351)
  • Tesa
  • Fever (McCalls, #1)
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Sang Konsulen Spanyol (Westerling, #1)
  • The Ruby
  • Kansas Home: Hearts Adrift Find a Place to Dwell in Four Romantic Stories
  • Keir O'Connell's Mistress (Wanita Pilihan Keir O'Connell) (O'Connells, #1)
  • Pinangan Sang Milyarder (The Pregnancy Proposal)
  • Fern Michaels Vegas Trilogy: Vegas Rich, Vegas Heat, Vegas Sunrise

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), & SMOKE SCREEN (2008).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since t
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Mean Streak Ricochet Chill Factor

“He made a costly error in judgement and sent an entire regiment into a virtual slaughterhouse. It happens frequently. Officers risk their troops' lives for the sake of a promotion. Not my father. He valued the life of every man under his command, from his officers to the humblest fresh recruit. When he realized what had happened, he was devastated. He couldn't ever forget that his error had cost the lives of so many men, created so many widows and orphans..."
"But, Lyon, measured against his valor, one mistake is forgivable."
"To us, yes. Not to him. He was sickened that the battle was hailed as one of the turning points of the war. He was decorated for it. It was considered a great victory, but it defeated him as a soldier, as a man. When he came home and was hailed a hero, he couldn't stand the conflict within himself. He didn't feel like a hero. He felt like a traitor."
"That can't be!"
"Not a traitor to his country, but to the men who had trusted his judgement and leadership. It was a conflict he never could reconcile, so he retired from the Army and came here and shut out the world and all reminders of the lie he was living."
They were quiet for a moment before she said,"No one would have thrown stones at him, Lyon. he was a respected man, a hero, a leader at a time in history when America needed heroes and leaders. It was a battleground that spread out for miles. Admist all the chaos he may have thought he made a mistake when he actually didn't."
"I know that, Andy, and you know that, but since the time I was old enough to understand his reclusiveness, I was never able to convince him of it. He died still regretting that one day in his life as though he had live no other. It didn't matter what the public would have thought if they had known. He judged himself more severely than anyone else could have."
"How tragic for him. He was such a lovely man, Lyon. Such a lovely man.”
1 likes