Start by marking “Tasting Club: Gathering together to share and savor your favorite tastes” as Want to Read:
Tasting Club: Gathering together to share and savor your favorite tastes

Tasting Club: Gathering together to share and savor your favorite tastes

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A complete guide to planning and hosting tasting parties, this book will appeal to everyone who is too busy to throw a dinner party but who loves to entertain, and foodie sophisticates searching for that best olive oil, wine, cheese, or other food and beverage. Tasting combines the growing trend for food appreciation with the popular book-group phenomenon. Introduces the 4 ...more
Published August 21st 2006 by DK

To ask other readers questions about Tasting Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tasting Club

Rachel
Each section (highlighting a different food or drink) had an overview of the traditions, processing, and preparations associated with each set of items. I like that the book lists several websites to order food from; however, I did feel that the information provided was very general. Very often, instead of giving specifics, readers were instructed to visit a local specialty store and ask the experts there (which, of course, isn't a viable option in many locations). That said the menus and ideas ...more
KC
Beautifully presented and infectious reading with brilliant pairings as well as informative foodie facts and helpful information. An erotic tasting book that would work well into a TV program format as a highlight or separate special episodes.
Karen Ballum
I think I like the idea of a tasting club more than I'd like the reality of it. And I think I'd rather do more pedestrian tastings -- stuff we buy on a regular basis such as peanut butter.
Stephanie
I used this book as a guide to help me host a chocolate tasting party. I love the premise and the party was a success! There are also tips for wine, cheese, and olive oil tastings.
Joelen
Dec 28, 2007 Joelen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those looking to try "deep tasting" foods
This book is the basis of one of the food events I host for my cooking group. We'll be using the book as a guide and branching out to other foods to deep taste.
Andrew
great practical book for having a tasting party - limited use, but if you think doing a tasting is the best way to learn more about a food - then use this book.
Donna
This isn't really a cookbook, but a guide to refining your taste by hosting "tasting events" with friends --well written and fun to read.
LINDA
Nov 10, 2007 LINDA rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Foodies
Shelves: entertaining
It's full of delicious ideas that will inspire you to host a 'tasting' party!
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Amy Sjoquist
Amy Sjoquist marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Nataliah Hill
Nataliah Hill marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Janine
Janine marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Kari
Kari is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Mac Curfman
Mac Curfman marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Joanna Norquist
Joanna Norquist marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Mustaqeem Shah
Mustaqeem Shah marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Abhishek
Abhishek marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm the author of Tasting Club (DK, 2006), Williams-Sonoma; New Flavors for Salads (Oxmoor House, 2009), Year-Round Slow Cooker; 100 Favorite Recipes for Every Season (The Taunton Press, 2013), Meatless All Day; Recipes for Inspired Vegetarian Meals (The Taunton Press, 2014), Mug Meals (The Taunton Press, Spring 2015), and the forthcoming The New Milks (Atria/Simon & Schuster, Spring 2016).

Fo
More about Dina Cheney...
Year-Round Slow Cooker: 100 Favorite Recipes for Every Season Meatless All Day: Recipes for Inspired Vegetarian Meals Mug Meals: Delicious Microwave Recipes Williams-Sonoma New Flavors for Salads: Classic Recipes Redefined