Start by marking “Tasting Club: Gathering Together to Share and Savor Your Favorite Tastes” as Want to Read:
Tasting Club: Gathering Together to Share and Savor Your Favorite Tastes

Tasting Club: Gathering Together to Share and Savor Your Favorite Tastes

A complete guide to planning and hosting tasting parties, this book will appeal to everyone who is too busy to throw a dinner party but who loves to entertain, and foodie sophisticates searching for that best olive oil, wine, cheese, or other food and beverage. Tasting combines the growing trend for food appreciation with the popular book-group phenomenon. Introduces the 4 ...more
Published August 21st 2006 by DK

To ask other readers questions about Tasting Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tasting Club

Rachel
Oct 19, 2008 Rachel rated it liked it
Each section (highlighting a different food or drink) had an overview of the traditions, processing, and preparations associated with each set of items. I like that the book lists several websites to order food from; however, I did feel that the information provided was very general. Very often, instead of giving specifics, readers were instructed to visit a local specialty store and ask the experts there (which, of course, isn't a viable option in many locations). That said the menus and ideas ...more
KC
Jun 23, 2010 KC rated it really liked it
Beautifully presented and infectious reading with brilliant pairings as well as informative foodie facts and helpful information. An erotic tasting book that would work well into a TV program format as a highlight or separate special episodes.
Karen Ballum
I think I like the idea of a tasting club more than I'd like the reality of it. And I think I'd rather do more pedestrian tastings -- stuff we buy on a regular basis such as peanut butter.
Andrew
Jun 12, 2008 Andrew rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-books
great practical book for having a tasting party - limited use, but if you think doing a tasting is the best way to learn more about a food - then use this book.
Stephanie
Feb 26, 2008 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I used this book as a guide to help me host a chocolate tasting party. I love the premise and the party was a success! There are also tips for wine, cheese, and olive oil tastings.
Joelen
Dec 28, 2007 Joelen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those looking to try "deep tasting" foods
This book is the basis of one of the food events I host for my cooking group. We'll be using the book as a guide and branching out to other foods to deep taste.
Donna
Feb 27, 2008 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This isn't really a cookbook, but a guide to refining your taste by hosting "tasting events" with friends --well written and fun to read.
Jennifer Caires
Jennifer Caires rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Sumi
Sumi rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2008
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2010
Mindi
Mindi rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2008
Brigitte Perger
Brigitte Perger rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2012
sandy
sandy rated it it was ok
May 17, 2007
Jenger
Jenger rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Jennifer Chushcoff
Jennifer Chushcoff rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2011
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2012
Shaeda
Shaeda rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2012
Patti Thompson
Patti Thompson rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Warren Tappe
Warren Tappe rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2008
Lorraine Lombardi
Lorraine Lombardi rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
LINDA
Nov 10, 2007 LINDA rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Foodies
Shelves: entertaining
It's full of delicious ideas that will inspire you to host a 'tasting' party!
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Joseph
Joseph rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Amtsull44
Amtsull44 rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2011
Glennis
Glennis rated it liked it
May 17, 2009
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
May 18, 2009
Mike Murray
Mike Murray rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2015
I'm the author of THE NEW MILKS; 100-PLUS DAIRY-FREE RECIPES FOR MAKING AND COOKING WITH SOY, NUT, SEED, GRAIN, AND COCONUT MILKS (Atria/Simon & Schuster, 2016) and the creator of the dairy-free resource site, www.thenewmilks.com. I also wrote Mug Meals, Meatless All Day, Year-Round Slow Cooker, Williams-Sonoma New Flavors for Salads, and Tasting Club.

In addition to writing books, I have cont
More about Dina Cheney...