Start by marking “Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters, #2)

Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters #2)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,759 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 208 pages
Published November 27th 2001 by Bantam (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Adam's Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adam's Fall

Karla

5 Stars!! I started this morning and didn't stop till I was finished. Is there such a thing as Kindle burn...you know where you're swiping the pages so fast that your finger starts to get hot?! Yep...happened to me!!

This was a fast read, but oh so good! Easy to get through. Nothing missing though...angsty, humorous, snarky, witty, fantastic dialogue, heart-wrenching, loaded with sexual tension, and it all leads to a damn good ending! Old school Sandra Brown, that works in today's reading world.
Mo
Jan 31, 2015 Mo rated it really liked it

"Nice chest hair. Very sexy."

I loved the banter between these two. They had met previously and did not like eac
Buggy
Feb 20, 2014 Buggy rated it really liked it
Opening Line: “It made the evening news.”

This was a pretty good read even though it’s kinda dated now (1988) and some of the themes and situations annoyed me. For the most part it’s your basic 80’s contemporary romance and doesn’t require too much brain power to get through.

Adam’s Fall is apparently book 2 in the Mason sister’s series (who knew?) but works just fine as a standalone. Written exclusively from the heroine’s 3rd person POV we unfortunately never get into Adam’s head (was that the st
Inés Izal
Aug 22, 2015 Inés Izal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
-3.5-

¡Ay lo que me he podido reír con estos dos!
Adam y Lilah son un par de cabezotas de mucho cuidado.
Ya en Fantasía, nos presentaba a Lilah, la pequeña de las Mason. Todo un terremoto: directa, cínica, bromista, irónica y muy pero que muy independiente.
Y a Adam, que el pobre era todo lo contrario: serio, formal, controlador y un poco snob.
Imaginaros ya que puede pasar cuando juntéis en una casa solita en Hawái a estos dos.
Lady Heather
Feb 02, 2012 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans
Recommended to Lady Heather by: WLLK ladies book list
Just so you know.. couldn't put this book down all day...NO SERIOUSLY..I COULDN'T!
..couldn't wait to read about the characters (who I fell in love with in the previous book), the story, and I was so involved with the writing I lost total track of time (sorry to my family about dinner..won't happen again..well not too soon anyway).

Highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance..you won't be disappointed!
Sandra
Jan 17, 2011 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loveswept, fb
I loved this book by SANDRA BROWN. When the hero Adam is hurt in a climbing accident his friends hire physical therapist Lilah to help him out. Adam and Lilah know each other and never got on well. Now Adam has to put up with Lilah in order to recover. Adam and Lilah have great chemistry together. And there was added tension when Adam's former girlfriend shows up. I found this book very captivating and hard to put down.

I look forward to reading more of Sandra Brown's books in the future.
Linda
Adam Cavanaugh and Lilah Mason had a history: they detested each other. Both had strong personalities with different outlooks on life. Adam was a close friend and business associate of Lilah's sister but every time he and Lilah met, they clashed. To say that they don't get along, is to put it mildly.

At the opening of ADAM'S FALL, Adam had been in a climbing accident and was suffering: he needed physical therapy. Lilah, a therapist, is called upon by family to help him. After much deliberation sh
Wendy S. Marcus
Jun 15, 2014 Wendy S. Marcus rated it really liked it
This book was recommended by my friend Karla. When I started reading I'd realized I read it before. But it was good enough to drag me in again. I had a few problems with the story but overall a classic Sandra Brown Loveswept. I enjoyed it - again.
Katherine 黄爱芬
Maldivianbookreviewer
Mar 22, 2011 Maldivianbookreviewer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of earlier novels by Sandra Brown/Erin St. Claire.
Recommended to Maldivianbookreviewer by: Reviews on Goodreads
3.5 Stars Contemporary

I can't make up my mind as to whether I have read Adam's Fall prior to this or not. The story that unfolded reminded me of the novel Come Lie With Me by Linda Howard that stems from a similar theme.

Adam's Fall is book 2 in the Mason sisters series, the first book being Fanta C. Adam's Fall begins with the news that uber rich hotel entrepreneur Adam Cavanaugh was involved in a mountain climbing accident in Northern Italy, killing two of his companions in the process leavin
kilty
Jan 09, 2011 kilty rated it it was amazing
Freakin' Good!
Hero was a sob..Heroine just a b and somehow they b___d! Oh! I can spell that..bonded, that is..*grin*
..and to continue with the b's..bullet fast dialog delivery and a bombshell of a heroine, always ready to explode..no coy crap there! telling it like it is and boy! did she give the "other woman" a run for the hero's money;-) She was a perfect match for one of my (manyyyy) fav. kind of heros..the Grump! AWESOME!

Although Sandra Brown's books seem like racy cliches with a dying bree
Katie(babs)
May 07, 2015 Katie(babs) rated it really liked it
Lilah Mason, the sister of Elisabeth in Fanta C. She is a physical therapist who is asked to help Adam Cavanaugh, a man Lila can’t stand. Rich hotel entrepreneur, Adam has a mountain climbing accident, paralyzing him from the waist down. Elizabeth asks Lilah to help with Adam’s recovery.Adam wants to wallow in his grief, but Lilah won’t let him. Adam hates her bedside manner, but under her care, he begins to see major process. He may even walk again. These former adversaries becomes friends, and ...more
Tasha
Jan 13, 2016 Tasha rated it it was amazing
When I read Fanta C years ago I never realized it was part of a series... Every time I read a Sandra Brown book I fall deeper into this hole of ( I can't really explain, I know what I want to say but the word isn't there just the impressions of the word). If you have ever read books by one author that has left you speechless that is exactly what happens to me with every story. This was a fast read, but oh so good!
Drita
Jul 09, 2015 Drita rated it really liked it

I thoroughly enjoyed this read, fully packed with so much wit and intriguing characters as I was told I would. Thank you Julia for recommending this book and this beautiful author.
In my quest to reading more of her books.

Check her out book-worms you might like something she wrote.
Ms Fine
Oct 23, 2012 Ms Fine rated it really liked it
some books I got from Borders Going Out of Business sale and some from Bookbuyers
------- ADAM'S FALL
For the past few years, Lilah Mason has watched her sister find love, get married, and have children, while she's been more than content to channel her energies into her career. A physical therapist with an unsinkable spirit and unwavering compassion, she's one of the best in the field. But when Lilah takes on a demanding new case, her patient's life isn't the only one transformed. Her new patient
Julie
Jan 17, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Sandra Brown books. I loved Lilah from FantaC the previous book in this series. Lilah is so much fun and I just LOVE her. Adam who met Lilah in the previous book and had an instant attraction but cannot stand to be in the same room together. Adam is In a terrible accident and is In need of intense physical therapy and in comes Lilah who is a very accomplished physical therapist. They have a very rocky start, middle and finish but it it so worth the time to read. This b ...more
Ŧ ♥️Charlene
Oct 23, 2015 Ŧ ♥️Charlene rated it it was amazing
These oldies are great. Have all in paperback
Desty
Saya lagi keranjingan baca novelnya Sandra Brown, apalagi beberapa novel Sandra Brown yang saya baca akhir-akhir ini memang sudah masuk daftar wishlist untuk dibaca. Novel yang satu ini masuk dalam wishlist saya sejak membaca Fanta C. Saya penasaran dengan karakter Lilah Mason, adiknya Elizabeth yang nyentrik. Apalagi dalam novel ini dia “dipasangkan” dengan bos-nya Elizabeth, Adam Cavanaugh.

Adam Cavanaugh mengalami cidera yang cukup parah ketika terjatuh dalam pendakian gunung. Bagian bawah tub
OceMei Belikova♥
daku suka sekali!!!! http://www.smileycodes.info
Lilah Mason dan Adam Cavanaugh musuh bebuyutan. Setiap kali mereka bertemu akan terjadi pertengkaran mulut yang bisa memekakkan telinga siapa saja.

Dan ketika Adam diberitakan jatuh sewaktu mendaki gunung, saudara Lilah, Elizabeth dan suaminya Thad memohon kepada Lilah agar mau menjadi terapis fisiknya. Lilah menolak mati-matian ide tsb, tapi siapa yang bisa menolak kalau digaji seribu dolar sehari dan bisa bersantai di Hawai? LOL
Akhirnya Lilah dengan enggan menyetujui perm
Angela
Jan 19, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this book on first reads as a Goodreads giveaway. I was hesitant to read it only because it was such an old copy of the book. It was a copy that was published in 1988, which was the year after I graduated from high school. So it looked a little dated & it had damage to the cover. But I agreed to read it & do a review, so I am a little late by about a month by doing it, but with the holidays it took a little longer. Well, I was pleasently surprised by what was inside this ...more
Nicoleta
May 21, 2013 Nicoleta rated it it was amazing
Julie
Feb 21, 2016 Julie rated it liked it
Lilah Mason is a physical therapist, considered extremely competent in her field despite her youth and somewhat flamboyant personal style. So, when her sister's boss Adam is seriously injured during a climbing accident, naturally Lilah is tapped to help him walk again. She agrees after some hemming and hawing. Adam's not her favorite person; she and Adam often argue and insult each other. Since Adam's facing possible life in a wheelchair, their first few sessions in his picturesque Hawaii home ...more
rivka
Definitely a late-80s/early-90s romance, in ways good and bad.

* Male lead's name is Adam, and he is very much an Alpha Male.
* Female lead's name is Lilah, and she is a Professional, but also wears tight and/or skimpy clothes . . . oh, and she's a virgin at almost 30. Surprise!
* She hates him. He hates her. But they must spend time together because [insert book plot device here]. In this case, because he was badly injured and she is the World's Best PT.
* Sparks fly, etc.
* There is at least one ot
Lenye
Five stars? I know, I know. Am I crazy? Yes. Maybe I just was in mood for story like this.

I can't help myself, I love stories where a strong guy needs woman's help. There was so much hate at first, then fun, chemistry... It was a little bit (or a lot) cheesy, but that's what a harlequins are for, right? I was so glad that Adam got better (I am a little bit paranoid with this stories and sad endings after reading Me Before You).

Short story with a HEA for a rainy afternoon.
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Feb 08, 2015 Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog) rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
I loved Sandra Brown's "Mirror Mirror" but was extremely disappointed with this effort. This book offered some witty bantering between the two main characters, but the romance was unsatisfying--not nearly enough build-up of believable tension between them. Some of their behavior seemed ludicrous--almost like Brown was forcing conflict. And the writing was not very discriptive. The story is set in Hawaii and yet I had no sense of scenery. A disappointment all the way around.
Ann-marie
Nov 13, 2015 Ann-marie rated it liked it
Adam is a rich playboy who has an accident on a mountain where two of his friends dies. He is the only one survived but is physically hurt. He has to learned to walk again and Lilah Mason is the therapist sent to help him. Adam has known LIlah for years since her sister Elizabeth introduce them and it was detest af first sight. Eventually Adam warms up to Lilah and they fall in love.
Julie Barrett
Mar 08, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
Adam's Fall by Sandra Brown
Lila Mason and her sister Elizabeth are close. Elizabeth wants her sister to work with her handicapped boss, Adam. Lila is a physical therapist.
Elizabeth has a family and life of her own to keep her occupied. Adam has an attitude and lots of money. He terrorizes the nurses and therapists.
Lila has arrived in Hawaii to take over his therapy and that's the last thing he wants. She won't give up on him. Steamy hot sex scenes.
Money can't buy his health back and he throws a
Lyuda
Oct 03, 2014 Lyuda rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This was overall decent read. Good chemistry between characters.
The story would be a four star read for me if not for the hero’s behavior towards his last lover. It was low and undignified.
Tana
Jul 26, 2015 Tana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
very quick read. book from the 80s.
read it during a busy weekend.
between a patient and physical therapist.
if you like bickering and a love story this is for you.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Lady Love
  • The Heart's Victory
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • Wild (Medieval Trilogy, #2)
  • The Morcai Battalion (The Morcai Battalion, #1)
  • To the Ends of the Earth
  • Seducing Mr. Right
  • York, The Renegade (The Shamrock Trinity, #2) (The Delaneys, #2)
  • Whispers of Heaven
  • A Love for All Time
  • Moonrise
  • Lightning That Lingers

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), & TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over
More about Sandra Brown...

Mason Sisters (2 books)
  • Fanta C (Mason Sisters #1)