Start by marking “Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters, #2)

Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters #2)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  2,507 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 208 pages
Published November 27th 2001 by Bantam (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Adam's Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adam's Fall

Mo

"Nice chest hair. Very sexy."

I loved the banter between these two. They had met previously and did not like eac
Karla

5 Stars!! I started this morning and didn't stop till I was finished. Is there such a thing as Kindle burn...you know where you're swiping the pages so fast that your finger starts to get hot?! Yep...happened to me!!

This was a fast read, but oh so good! Easy to get through. Nothing missing though...angsty, humorous, snarky, witty, fantastic dialogue, heart-wrenching, loaded with sexual tension, and it all leads to a damn good ending! Old school Sandra Brown, that works in today's reading world.
Buggy
Opening Line: “It made the evening news.”

This was a pretty good read even though it’s kinda dated now (1988) and some of the themes and situations annoyed me. For the most part it’s your basic 80’s contemporary romance and doesn’t require too much brain power to get through.

Adam’s Fall is apparently book 2 in the Mason sister’s series (who knew?) but works just fine as a standalone. Written exclusively from the heroine’s 3rd person POV we unfortunately never get into Adam’s head (was that the st
Lady Heather
Feb 02, 2012 Lady Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans
Recommended to Lady Heather by: WLLK ladies book list
Just so you know.. couldn't put this book down all day...NO SERIOUSLY..I COULDN'T!
..couldn't wait to read about the characters (who I fell in love with in the previous book), the story, and I was so involved with the writing I lost total track of time (sorry to my family about dinner..won't happen again..well not too soon anyway).

Highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance..you won't be disappointed!
Sandra
I loved this book by SANDRA BROWN. When the hero Adam is hurt in a climbing accident his friends hire physical therapist Lilah to help him out. Adam and Lilah know each other and never got on well. Now Adam has to put up with Lilah in order to recover. Adam and Lilah have great chemistry together. And there was added tension when Adam's former girlfriend shows up. I found this book very captivating and hard to put down.

I look forward to reading more of Sandra Brown's books in the future.
Wendy S. Marcus
This book was recommended by my friend Karla. When I started reading I'd realized I read it before. But it was good enough to drag me in again. I had a few problems with the story but overall a classic Sandra Brown Loveswept. I enjoyed it - again.
Linda
Adam Cavanaugh and Lilah Mason had a history: they detested each other. Both had strong personalities with different outlooks on life. Adam was a close friend and business associate of Lilah's sister but every time he and Lilah met, they clashed. To say that they don't get along, is to put it mildly.

At the opening of ADAM'S FALL, Adam had been in a climbing accident and was suffering: he needed physical therapy. Lilah, a therapist, is called upon by family to help him. After much deliberation sh
Katherine St. Vincent 黄爱芬
Maldivianbookreviewer
Mar 22, 2011 Maldivianbookreviewer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of earlier novels by Sandra Brown/Erin St. Claire.
Recommended to Maldivianbookreviewer by: Reviews on Goodreads
3.5 Stars Contemporary

I can't make up my mind as to whether I have read Adam's Fall prior to this or not. The story that unfolded reminded me of the novel Come Lie With Me by Linda Howard that stems from a similar theme.

Adam's Fall is book 2 in the Mason sisters series, the first book being Fanta C. Adam's Fall begins with the news that uber rich hotel entrepreneur Adam Cavanaugh was involved in a mountain climbing accident in Northern Italy, killing two of his companions in the process leavin
kilty
Freakin' Good!
Hero was a sob..Heroine just a b and somehow they b___d! Oh! I can spell that..bonded, that is..*grin*
..and to continue with the b's..bullet fast dialog delivery and a bombshell of a heroine, always ready to explode..no coy crap there! telling it like it is and boy! did she give the "other woman" a run for the hero's money;-) She was a perfect match for one of my (manyyyy) fav. kind of heros..the Grump! AWESOME!

Although Sandra Brown's books seem like racy cliches with a dying bree
Ms Fine
some books I got from Borders Going Out of Business sale and some from Bookbuyers
------- ADAM'S FALL
For the past few years, Lilah Mason has watched her sister find love, get married, and have children, while she's been more than content to channel her energies into her career. A physical therapist with an unsinkable spirit and unwavering compassion, she's one of the best in the field. But when Lilah takes on a demanding new case, her patient's life isn't the only one transformed. Her new patient
destinugrainy
Saya lagi keranjingan baca novelnya Sandra Brown, apalagi beberapa novel Sandra Brown yang saya baca akhir-akhir ini memang sudah masuk daftar wishlist untuk dibaca. Novel yang satu ini masuk dalam wishlist saya sejak membaca Fanta C. Saya penasaran dengan karakter Lilah Mason, adiknya Elizabeth yang nyentrik. Apalagi dalam novel ini dia “dipasangkan” dengan bos-nya Elizabeth, Adam Cavanaugh.

Adam Cavanaugh mengalami cidera yang cukup parah ketika terjatuh dalam pendakian gunung. Bagian bawah tub
OceMei Belikova♥
daku suka sekali!!!! http://www.smileycodes.info
Lilah Mason dan Adam Cavanaugh musuh bebuyutan. Setiap kali mereka bertemu akan terjadi pertengkaran mulut yang bisa memekakkan telinga siapa saja.

Dan ketika Adam diberitakan jatuh sewaktu mendaki gunung, saudara Lilah, Elizabeth dan suaminya Thad memohon kepada Lilah agar mau menjadi terapis fisiknya. Lilah menolak mati-matian ide tsb, tapi siapa yang bisa menolak kalau digaji seribu dolar sehari dan bisa bersantai di Hawai? LOL
Akhirnya Lilah dengan enggan menyetujui perm
Angela
I won a copy of this book on first reads as a Goodreads giveaway. I was hesitant to read it only because it was such an old copy of the book. It was a copy that was published in 1988, which was the year after I graduated from high school. So it looked a little dated & it had damage to the cover. But I agreed to read it & do a review, so I am a little late by about a month by doing it, but with the holidays it took a little longer. Well, I was pleasently surprised by what was inside this ...more
Nicoleta
rivka
Definitely a late-80s/early-90s romance, in ways good and bad.

* Male lead's name is Adam, and he is very much an Alpha Male.
* Female lead's name is Lilah, and she is a Professional, but also wears tight and/or skimpy clothes . . . oh, and she's a virgin at almost 30. Surprise!
* She hates him. He hates her. But they must spend time together because [insert book plot device here]. In this case, because he was badly injured and she is the World's Best PT.
* Sparks fly, etc.
* There is at least one ot
Angela
I loved Sandra Brown's "Mirror Mirror" but was extremely disappointed with this effort. This book offered some witty bantering between the two main characters, but the romance was unsatisfying--not nearly enough build-up of believable tension between them. Some of their behavior seemed ludicrous--almost like Brown was forcing conflict. And the writing was not very discriptive. The story is set in Hawaii and yet I had no sense of scenery. A disappointment all the way around.
Julie Barrett
Adam's Fall by Sandra Brown
Lila Mason and her sister Elizabeth are close. Elizabeth wants her sister to work with her handicapped boss, Adam. Lila is a physical therapist.
Elizabeth has a family and life of her own to keep her occupied. Adam has an attitude and lots of money. He terrorizes the nurses and therapists.
Lila has arrived in Hawaii to take over his therapy and that's the last thing he wants. She won't give up on him. Steamy hot sex scenes.
Money can't buy his health back and he throws a
Lyuda
This was overall decent read. Good chemistry between characters.
The story would be a four star read for me if not for the hero’s behavior towards his last lover. It was low and undignified.
Karen Hrdlicka
Nice quick read, a little different from the other books I have read by this author. The wit and banter between Lilah and Adam is hot and funny. Definitely a good summer read.
Kathy Roling
I really liked this book; it rather put me in mind of Jojo Moyes "Me Before You", except this is a
paraplegic rather than a quad. Nice little romance, no tragedy.
Mary Baker
I enjoyed this short, often comical novel about two strong minded people who fall in love with each other.
Julie
This is one of my favorite Sandra Brown books. I loved Lilah from FantaC the previous book in this series. Lilah is so much fun and I just LOVE her. Adam who met Lilah in the previous book and had an instant attraction but cannot stand to be in the same room together. Adam is In a terrible accident and is In need of intense physical therapy and in comes Lilah who is a very accomplished physical therapist. They have a very rocky start, middle and finish but it it so worth the time to read. This b ...more
Hollie
First I won this book through good reads. Second with my mother being an avid Sandra Brown fan I had read this book years ago and it took me a little bit to get back into it. It's not a long book - 184 pages - but it did seem to drag. I feel that with a lot of authors that put out a lot of books sometimes the books is rushed. Almost an after thought for them or a book required deadline. A book between the real book they are working. This felt like one of "those" books. Good but not remarkable. N ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Novel ini ada bercerita tentang Lilah Mason, yang notabene adalah adik Elizabeth Randolph (tokoh di buku Fanta C).

Di buku Fanta C, diceritakan tentang bagaimana Adam dan Lilah saling bersinggungan alias tidak pernah akur / benci satu sama lain.

Perasaan inilah yang membuat Lilah agak malas untuk menjadi terapis fisik Adam saat lelaki ini jatuh dari pendakian gunung. Hanya dorongan dari Elizabeth-lah Lilah bersedia membantu Adam.

Mereka memulai training di suatu pulau tropis, dan di sinilah mereka
Nancy
One of her early works...it was good but predictable. Easy, quick love story...
Sara ♥
2.5 stars. It was cute, but the plot was VERY predictable and the dialogue was littered with cliches. It was novella length (only 200 pages), and that's probably for the best as I don't know that the plot could have stretched any further. The ending? Well, I'm glad they got together, but I thought the final conflict was silly, but then resolved too abruptly. So yeah, it was okay. I'm sure Sandra Brown's writing is better today than it was back in the 80s, so I'm totally not going to hold this on ...more
Kat
Shahrun
I guess I have to tell you that I got this copy free through GoodReads Giveaways. It was actualy an unexpected bonus with Mirror Image by the same author. Anyway - this review is all my own opinion!

I have never considered myself a 'romance reader', as I thought they were mindless trash (sorry). But this book changed my mind. I found the subject matter interesting (Physical Therapy). I think it was well writen and I enjoyed reading it. I won't be avoiding them anymore.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Once In Paris
  • The Heart's Victory (Language of Love #16 - Tuberose)
  • Vanity (The Sins and The Virtues, #2)
  • Heartbreaker (Kell Sabin, #3)
  • To the Ends of the Earth
  • Moonrise
  • A Heart Speaks
  • Forever (Molly, #1)
  • Lady with a Black Umbrella
  • Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3)
  • The Morcai Battalion (The Morcai Battalion #1)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), & SMOKE SCREEN (2008).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since t
More about Sandra Brown...

Mason Sisters (2 books)
  • Fanta C (Mason Sisters #1)
Lethal The Alibi Ricochet Mean Streak Chill Factor